PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' CONFIDENCE IN RANDLE GROWING AT OTA'S

RoanokeFan
05-26-2012, 08:47 PM
GIANTS' CONFIDENCE IN RANDLE GROWING AT OTA'S (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/26/giants-confidence-in-rueben-randle-growing-at-otas/related/)

"The Giants may need more early-season impact out of rookie receiver Rueben Randle (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7468/rueben-randle) than they initially
anticipated, after top wideout Hakeem Nicks (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5136/hakeem-nicks) broke his right foot (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/24/coughlin-nicks-in-a-race-to-make-week-one/).

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Giants love what they’ve seen from
Randle so far at OTAs.</p>

“They thought he was the most NFL-ready receiver in the draft,” Mort reported
onESPN 32. “What they’ve seen so far has justified that.”</p>

With Nicks sidelined deep into August, Randle figures to open Giants training
camp as a starter and receive first-team practice reps all the way through. The
Giants need to be preparing Randle to begin the season as a starter, in the
event of a Nicks setback.</p>
At the very least, Randle is expected to be New York’s third receiver during
the NFL opener against Dallas."

rainierjef
05-26-2012, 08:50 PM
this is a blessing in disguise. for him to get X receiver reps and consistently with eli will keep him ahead of the curve as a Z. making him more dangerous to abuse the second or third corner on any team, cause they also have to worry about cruz.

giantsfan420
05-26-2012, 09:01 PM
So stoked. Been loving the pick, wanted him bc he has a great skill set and hearing how he should be ready week one is music to my ears...

If jr and etc were right about him being like nicks, i think i even saw a report where randle was called nicks clone, we may not even notice it if nicks cant go.

Then u figure with nicks, cruz, and randle all healthy and jj, hixon, barden, and maybe talley as depth, eli will have more than enough toys.

So stoked. The training staff better be focused on randle and try to ensure hes always loose so no fluke pulled muscle or injury happens

zimonami
05-26-2012, 09:48 PM
If he can be 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.
I'm watching maybe the best Offensive talent we have had since I began watching the Gmen in '58, and it's killing me that our ofeensive line is below par. I hope I'm wrong, but the way they run blocked last year was maybe the worst I've seen in 35-40 years.

GIANTSACK
05-26-2012, 10:03 PM
If he can ber 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.
I'm watching maybe the best Offensive talent we have had since I began watching the Gmen in '58, and it's killing me that our ofeensive line is below par. I hope I'm wrong, but the way they run blocked last year was maybe the worst I've seen in 35-40 years.

Nicks and cruz alone are the bst WR tandem we ever had.. If we can turn randle into a stud all our little hearts will break BC we cant keep them all in 5 yrs.. Hopefully another Ring will make us all feel better

GIANTSACK
05-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Nicks and cruz alone are the bst WR tandem we ever had.. If we can turn randle into a stud all our little hearts will break BC we cant keep them all in 5 yrs.. Hopefully another Ring will make us all feel better

THE_New_York_Giants
05-26-2012, 10:46 PM

If he is 90% of Nicks, Eli will throw for 6000 yards.

BigBlue1971
05-26-2012, 10:47 PM
this is a blessing in disguise. for him to get X receiver reps and consistently with eli will keep him ahead of the curve as a Z. making him more dangerous to abuse the second or third corner on any team, cause they also have to worry about cruz.
</P>

</P>

^this!</P>

i think the extra reps with Eli will prove invaluable later in the season!</P>

this guy could be a beast!</P>

miked1958
05-27-2012, 01:24 AM

If he is 90% of Nicks, Eli will throw for 6000 yards.Agree

titwio
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
I keep hearing people calling Randle a Nicks clone but I'm not seeing it. Maybe speed and body wise there's some similarity but Nicks has a much better vertical than Randle and can go up and make tough catches...(which I haven't seem from Rueben) Also Randle catches a lot of balls with his body....Nicks is a hands catcher.

I like Randle as much as the next guy but....he's no Hakeem Nicks...at least from where I'm sitting. I really hope he surprises me though cause as of right now, I'm not too sure what kind of receiver he'll be yet.

BeatYale
05-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I keep hearing people calling Randle a Nicks clone but I'm not seeing it. Maybe speed and body wise there's some similarity but Nicks has a much better vertical than Randle and can go up and make tough catches...(which I haven't seem from Rueben) Also Randle catches a lot of balls with his body....Nicks is a hands catcher.

I like Randle as much as the next guy but....he's no Hakeem Nicks...at least from where I'm sitting. I really hope he surprises me though cause as of right now, I'm not too sure what kind of receiver he'll be yet.

I think the Nicks comparisons have more to do with how he's impressed coaches this early. I don't believe that these rookies are limited to what their play style/role was in college. At the pro level there is way more focus on refining your technique - in his case, developing a habit of going for the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him.

Nicks was labeled as a possession-type WR compared to guys like Boldin. However, he ended up developing into a big play #1 WR. With that said, Randle shouldn't be labeled right now either - we still need to figure out what type of player he'll be.

RoanokeFan
05-27-2012, 02:38 PM

If Nicks can be 90% of Nicks, I'LL be happy [;)]

zimonami
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM

If Nicks can be 90% of Nicks, I'LL be happy* [;)]

I'll second that emotion

TuckYou
05-27-2012, 08:34 PM

I don't see Nicks and Cruz both getting paid top dollar by the giants. One will get away.

giantsfan420
05-27-2012, 09:55 PM

I don't see Nicks and Cruz both getting paid top dollar by the giants. One will get away.

I disagree. I could see cruz being a total team player and accept a fair contract that isnt necessarily "huge"...i doubt he asks for the money nicks will get, who i also believe would take a long deal thats fair for both...all the other pieces i think will be the ones constantly shuffled even the rb position. Eli nicks and cruz r our big three lol...

I just see cruz being loyal and grateful to the giants for the cinderella story chance they gave him. Cruz is playing with house money...the reality of having to find another living was very real. Granted cruz had the most to do with his success besides eli, i still think he has gratitude for the giants and it will show during contract time. Kinda like tuck...

Toadofsteel
05-28-2012, 12:01 AM

I disagree. I could see cruz being a total team player and accept a fair contract that isnt necessarily "huge"...i doubt he asks for the money nicks will get, who i also believe would take a long deal thats fair for both...all the other pieces i think will be the ones constantly shuffled even the rb position. Eli nicks and cruz r our big three lol...

I just see cruz being loyal and grateful to the giants for the cinderella story chance they gave him. Cruz is playing with house money...the reality of having to find another living was very real. Granted cruz had the most to do with his success besides eli, i still think he has gratitude for the giants and it will show during contract time. Kinda like tuck...

Definitely. Cruz doesn't have the superstar upbringing. He was raised in freaking Paterson. He may have one of the best work ethics of any of the players on the field (only Eli and Tuck have more)...

The only way he gets away that we have to worry about is if he goes to the Cowboys. He was raised as a Cowboys fan by his die-hard father (who is also the reason he knows anything about football in the first place).