PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

FiremanBob
05-28-2012, 09:32 AM
These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

miked1958
05-28-2012, 10:50 AM
These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. IngersollGod bless all Servicemen everywhere

jomo
05-28-2012, 12:21 PM
These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. IngersollHumbly and thankfully +1

Toadofsteel
05-28-2012, 01:49 PM
God bless all those that keep us safe! You are not forgotten

Captain Chaos
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
A toast to our fallen Commrads, here! here! May their sacrafices never be forgotten!

jjj45
05-28-2012, 03:16 PM
God bless America!

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who servedbefore me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B]

bleeding blue
05-28-2012, 05:32 PM
I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who served*before me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B]
Thank YOU buddy
And to all the servicemen/women stationed across the world, thank you for everything you do.
God Bless America

giantsforce
05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. IngersollAMEN! They gave their lives so other may live. We will not forget them.

paul007
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Thank you and to all that have served us in one way or another to preserve our way of life, and freedom.

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who servedbefore me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B] Thank YOU buddy And to all the servicemen/women stationed across the world, thank you for everything you do. God Bless AmericaNo problem! Trust me, it was my honor and duty.

JJC7301
05-28-2012, 09:40 PM
These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll
+1. Here here.

midnite_nj
05-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Thank you to the real heroes of this world we live in. Your sacrifices and actions will never be forgotten. U-S-A !!!!!!!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Even though some people on this board may have been out for the ENTIRE weekend, I am pissed that this thread only had a few people add to the content! I have seen way more replies to BS threads on here way more times than ones that deserve atleast a thumbs up or a reply. Without the veterans this website would be not even possible since you would live in a communist or german world filled with soccer! Show some damn respect for the fallen men and women of the military that have died for<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>YOUR</FONT> freedom to gripe at contracts, rushing or passing yards and refereeing! That is all.....But show some respect...ALL OF YOU!

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow Just WOW! I thought this MB actually gave a shat!

Die-Hard
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
With all the respect I can possibly muster for servicemen and servcewomen everywhere, there really isn't any reason to get bent out of shape like that. This is a football message board. Millions of people are all thankful for what you and millions of others have done while serving over the years, and what sacrifices have been made. That being said, please do not blow this up into something else. We have a VERY strict policy of no politics and no religious discussions, but we've let this one stand as long as it doesn't go in the wrong direction. No need to attack people for a lack of replies.

For what it's worth, I thank you.

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-31-2012, 10:00 PM
With all the respect I can possibly muster for servicemen and servcewomen everywhere, there really isn't any reason to get bent out of shape like that. This is a football message board. Millions of people are all thankful for what you and millions of others have done while serving over the years, and what sacrifices have been made. That being said, please do not blow this up into something else. We have a VERY strict policy of no politics and no religious discussions, but we've let this one stand as long as it doesn't go in the wrong direction. No need to attack people for a lack of replies.

For what it's worth, I thank you.
Die-Hard, Thanks for yor reply and it really has nothing to do with me, politics or religion. It just shocks me that we can have a zillion threads on Osi and his contract with a hundred replies or "who is the greatest Qb" with 200 replies and yet just when Coach Coughlin just gets HUGE praise for his greatefforts with "Wounded Warriors" This MB only has 9 people reply to what has kept this country safe and allow everyone to have their say. I will drop it now since I see that it is a lost cause. Yes this is a football MB, I didnt even start the thread but I expected more from this group of people as a whole. I stand corrected and accept that I amin the minority. GOD BLESS AMERICAN SERVICEMEN AND SERVICEWOMEN EVERYWHERE and especially THOSE THAT HAVE GONE AND GAVE THEIR LIFE FOR THIS COUNTRYBEFORE ME. Die-Hard I have said my piece and its all good thanks.