PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about Drew Brees..

rebelfan1966
05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/drew-brees-overestimating-his-worth-in-battle-with-new-orleans-saints-052412

Not sure I agree with this article.. but interesting just the same.

NYG 5
05-29-2012, 06:29 PM
"Drew Brees is not worth more money than Tom Brady or Eli Manning.

"

OH WOW, HOW THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED LMAO.

the thing with Brees is that he can only play at such a high level in a spread offense. if you take away the quick option in space, and get into his throwing lane, than his med and long options are gone. because of this, I don;t think he would be able to play in a more compact, traditional offense.

plus, he's older now. what is he, 33? 34? nobody plays into their 40s. he probably has 3 years in him. he might be able to take big money in a short time from a team, but he's not getting a long term deal. no greybeard has ever won a super bowl

lawl
05-29-2012, 08:29 PM
"Drew Brees is not worth more money than Tom Brady or Eli Manning. "

the thing with Brees is that he can only play at such a high level in a spread offense. if you take away the quick option in space, and get into his throwing lane, than his med and long options are gone. because of this, I don;t think he would be able to play in a more compact, traditional offense.

plus, he's older now. what is he, 33? 34? nobody plays into their 40s. he probably has 3 years in him. he might be able to take big money in a short time from a team, but he's not getting a long term deal. no greybeard has ever won a super bowl
</P>

A team that runs a compact, traditional offense isn't trying to sign him. Whats your point</P>

NYG 5
05-30-2012, 12:14 AM

</p>

A team that runs a compact, traditional offense isn't trying to sign him. Whats your point</p>

my point is, whats the market for him? i don't see any contender teams that are a QB away from the playoffs, and its harder for him since theres no other spread offense teams that need a QB either.

point being, NO is going to be the only team that will give him big money, and its the best fit for him on the field. where does he think he's going to go for 18 mil a year?

gmen0820
05-30-2012, 12:53 AM

</p>

A team that runs a compact, traditional offense isn't trying to sign him. Whats your point</p>

my point is, whats the market for him? i don't see any contender teams that are a QB away from the playoffs, and its harder for him since theres no other spread offense teams that need a QB either.

point being, NO is going to be the only team that will give him big money, and its the best fit for him on the field. where does he think he's going to go for 18 mil a year?
What's the market for a top 5 QB? At least 15 other teams probably.

Flip Empty
05-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Like the Niners wouldn't make a run for him... Brees is one of the best in the business. He's worth however much he asks for.