PDA

View Full Version : How many more rings in the Manning era?

rebelfan1966
05-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I say two more....

JimC
05-29-2012, 02:38 PM
another one would be nice....

we have been spoiled to this point. there are teams out there who have been searching for 51 years for a championship.

but I'd still like another one with Manning

rxc999
05-29-2012, 02:41 PM
i would say 1 more...the only question is how long do we have to wait...

MikeIsaGiant
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
3 more

1 for Peyton

2 for Eli

ashleymarie
05-29-2012, 03:42 PM
3 more 1 for Peyton 2 for Eli</P>

</P>

I will hoist a glass of iced tea to this. If Peyton comes back anything like the old Peyton I see 1 more ring for him. And Eli could bring home 2 more for us Giants, if Coughlin et al continues to give him the tools to work with.</P>

midnite_nj
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
2 in five years is an accomplishment all in itself but I still think the potential is there for atleast 1, maybe 2 more, in the next 6-7 years.

GmenFan1980
05-29-2012, 03:51 PM
If Peyton comes back to his old self, he will choke in the playoffs :/.

I see 1 more ring for Eli

JimC
05-29-2012, 03:57 PM
2 in five years is an accomplishment all in itself but I still think the potential is there for atleast 1, maybe 2 more, in the next 6-7 years.

The way the NFL is protecting the QB's, and rightfully so, Eli may elect to play into his 40's.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 04:04 PM
He might win one more but winning two super bowls is very tough in the NFL. He is a good qb alone to do that.

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I think Peyton will see the super bowl one more time next year. But he'll lose to Eli...

greenca190
05-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Peyton isn't going to a super bowl again. He has three years left in him, maybe. I know he signed a five year contract, but he's not fulfilling it. How many years did it take him to put together a super bowl winning team in Indianapolis? 10, 11 years?

He won't build the chemistry in time to put together a super bowl run with the Broncos.

midnite_nj
05-29-2012, 04:47 PM
That wouldnt bother me in the least as long as continues to play at the level he is playing now. Eli is just coming into his own. It wouldnt surprise me if he played at or near this level for the next decade ala Brett Favre. Ya never know.....................

barran21
05-29-2012, 04:48 PM
<font color="#FF0000">5 more for Eli...</font>

giantsfan420
05-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Call me a crazy homer, but i think when all is said and done eli will be here for five rings total...

He won two on his maturation to his prime, he is just fully entering it, i say for six, maybe seven or eight more seasons of play at this level or near it, then a couple drop off seasons and then retirement.

I can see three more rings in that time span. I honestly still dont think we have seen the best from eli...i expect a dynasty, elite team for at least five more seasons...

Lofty expectations, but i was dreaming big when i spent all that time defending and supporting eli, certainly not gonna change that now hes realized my expectations all these years...

giantsfan420
05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Call me a crazy homer, but i think when all is said and done eli will be here for five rings total...

He won two on his maturation to his prime, he is just fully entering it, i say for six, maybe seven or eight more seasons of play at this level or near it, then a couple drop off seasons and then retirement.

I can see three more rings in that time span. I honestly still dont think we have seen the best from eli...i expect a dynasty, elite team for at least five more seasons...

Lofty expectations, but i was dreaming big when i spent all that time defending and supporting eli, certainly not gonna change that now hes realized my expectations all these years...

Although even if we dont win another one with eli i wouldnt change a thing and would be completely content and grateful

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Like I told a Pats fan after SB46, Brady is trying to cap his career off with an explanation point while Eli is just building his resume right now. Lots more from Eli coming. </P>

Honestly, if he doesnt win another SB, he already did enough to validate trading for him. But if he can get one or even 2 more, it would be amazing. Our 2 runs defied logic at times. I would say our best team was the team that didnt win one playoff game, in 08'. </P>

dsd28
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM

i agree [:D]

the 2011 superbowl win was just the first of a 3-peat, culminating in a superbowl victory at our home stadium in February 2014.

then Eli will win his 5th ring before retiring a few years later and being considered the GOAT [&lt;:o)]

SweetZombieJesus
05-29-2012, 05:10 PM
So hard to say. Who would have predicted either 2007 or 2011 in the prior offeseasons?

I definitely think the potential is there for more. Eli's entering his prime and he's already got 2.

Drez
05-29-2012, 05:12 PM
I think we have the potential to get a couple more, but in all seriousness, I'd be pleased as punch if we only get one more.

Hell, considering how difficult it is to win even 1 SB, I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with the two we've gotten.

Manstache
05-29-2012, 05:41 PM
3 more

1 for Peyton

2 for Elijust thinking the same thing bruh, but with a twist: killer ELIte's 4th ring will come at peytons expense. its destined to happen....

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
3 more

1 for Peyton

2 for Elijust thinking the same thing bruh, but with a twist: killer ELIte's 4th ring will come at peytons expense. its destined to happen....

No... next year instead. Eli beating Peyton in their hometown. How epic would that be?

2014 we beat the Jets in GIANTS stadium...

JimC
05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Considering there are teams that have NEVER won a Super Bowl, I consider us quite fortunate to have won 4. That said, 5 would put us in very rare company. Considering that Eli MAY have 8-10 years left, if we keep working to get him players we just may get 1 more!

Bohemian
05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
We have a young team, and it is not hard seeing them winning another ring. If the OL can be rejubinated, then it will be a a good few years for Eli. As for Peyton, his biggest curse, was playing with a one dimensional team for so long, and I would not be surprised if he retired in two or three years without another ring. I hope that I am wrong about Peyton, but I just don't see Denver being all that much of a threat to win it all anytime soon. The AFC still belongs to the Pats and Steelers, plus the Ravens seem to be ready to join them.

TuckYou
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Considering there are teams that have NEVER won a Super Bowl, I consider us quite fortunate to have won 4. </P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b97wo2Ekww</P>

</P>

Cool Papa B.
05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Definitley 1 more....posibbly 2 IMO. What I would love to see is the Giants win back-to-back Championships. They've never done that in their history and I think this is the season they accomplish that.

NJ10
05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Its not out of the question Eli brings home 2 more. If things break right I can even see 3 more, giving him 5 and being remembered as one of the best QB's of all time. Now I'm getting a little a head of my self.

Strahan4gov
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM
2 more for Eli, one more appearance for Peyton, which will be the Manning bowl in 2014 at home!

...and then i woke up

SweetZombieJesus
05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Considering there are teams that have NEVER won a Super Bowl, I consider us quite fortunate to have won 4. That said, 5 would put us in very rare company. Considering that Eli MAY have 8-10 years left, if we keep working to get him players we just may get 1 more!

We were already in rare company (only 8 teams had 3 or more). Right now only 5 teams have 4 or more.

And as for all-time NFL championships, were #3, one win behind the Bears.

Redeyejedi
05-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Difficult to see always in motion the future

titwio
05-30-2012, 07:30 PM
3 more

1 for Peyton

2 for Eli

Who is this Peyton you speak of...?

miked1958
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
3 more 1 for Peyton 2 for Eli</P>

*</P>

I will hoist a glass of iced tea to this. If Peyton comes back anything like the old Peyton I see 1 more ring for him. And Eli could bring home 2 more for us Giants, if Coughlin et al continues to give him the tools to work with.</P>I like this

BigBlue1971
05-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Eli is a master at this offense! as long as they keep it the same Eli could rule for 6-7 more years!</P>

that said i think Eli could win at least 2 more superbowls. it appears he'll have the tools to work with so lets go!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

GCGiant
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Like I told a Pats fan after SB46, Brady is trying to cap his career off with an explanation point while Eli is just building his resume right now.

Is he trying to cap his career explaining why he can't beat Eli?

Diamondring
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM

The way the NFL is protecting the QB's, and rightfully so, Eli may elect to play into his 40's.
They didn't protect him from the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game because they hit Eli like he was a test dummy.

Antwuan
06-01-2012, 03:18 AM
It is kinda hard to say but I could see us getting at the least 2 more. Eli is entering his prime and his best days are ahead of him and the Giants have a young team if everything falls our way we could definitely have more.

buffyblue
06-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Like I told a Pats fan after SB46, Brady is trying to cap his career off with an explanation point while Eli is just building his resume right now.

Tom Brady does not have ro explaiin anything. He played well enough in both SuperBowls against us but Eli Manning took care of business. Easy Eli bailed out our defense both times.

Tom Brady will win another SuperBowl before he retires.

Eli Manning will win One or Two more SuperBowls for us before he retires.

I bELIeve.

Antwuan
06-01-2012, 03:45 AM
"Tom Brady will win another SuperBowl before he retires."

RE: I hope its not against us.

GCGiant
06-01-2012, 06:00 AM

Tom Brady does not have ro explaiin anything. .

I didn't think so, either, but I was just wondering why Brady was trying to cap his career with an "explanation" point...

plujo
06-11-2012, 01:21 PM
The Giants will win the next 7 Super Bowls.

After that, their will be a new room opened at the Hall of Fame in Canton, called "the Eli Shrine". (All other quarterbacks will be removed from the hall, in disgrace)

Then Eli will become the 50th president of the United States. He will usher in a new era of total peace and justice for the entire world.

Go Giants

JimC
06-11-2012, 01:25 PM

After that, their will be a new room opened at the Hall of Fame in Canton, called "the Eli Shrine". (All other quarterbacks will be removed from the hall, in disgrace)

Then Eli will become the 50th president of the United States. He will usher in a new era of total peace and justice for the entire world.

Go Giants

That sums it up......[:D]

Cool Papa B.
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Go Giants

Not one; not two; not three....but seven super bowls! And while he's at it, Eli should make a special announcement on ESPN telling the world he will keeping his talents here in NY

miked1958
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Definitley 1 more....posibbly 2 IMO. What I would love to see is the Giants win back-to-back Championships. They've never done that in their history and I think this is the season they accomplish that.This + I feel we were cheated out of a legit opportunity to repeat and go back to back in 08. It's not the same as GB last yr. they went 15-1 and just flat got outplayed in their playoff game. Us on the other hand feel had plax not shot himself things could of been different. Up to that point defenses had no answers on how to stop us on offense. After they just stacked the box so we couldn't run cause they had no worries of our WRs hurting them once plax was gone. We will never really know if we could of sealed the deal in 08. However if we had won we may have drafted different and maybe not picked up Nicks, JPP and others so maybe we don't win in 11. U never know

Mohann
06-11-2012, 02:27 PM

Tom Brady does not have ro explaiin anything. He played well enough in both SuperBowls against us but Eli Manning took care of business. Easy Eli bailed out our defense both times.

Tom Brady will win another SuperBowl before he retires.

Eli Manning will win One or Two more SuperBowls for us before he retires.

I bELIeve.</p>

</p>

Eli is the anti-Brady and we are NE's curse. Brady and Belichek, will not win another super bowl while Eli is in the league. If Brady and co. make it there, they'll see the Giants, and lose again.
</p>

giantsfan420
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Definitley 1 more....posibbly 2 IMO. What I would love to see is the Giants win back-to-back Championships. They've never done that in their history and I think this is the season they accomplish that.This + I feel we were cheated out of a legit opportunity to repeat and go back to back in 08. It's not the same as GB last yr. they went 15-1 and just flat got outplayed in their playoff game. Us on the other hand feel had plax not shot himself things could of been different. Up to that point defenses had no answers on how to stop us on offense. After they just stacked the box so we couldn't run cause they had no worries of our WRs hurting them once plax was gone. We will never really know if we could of sealed the deal in 08. However if we had won we may have drafted different and maybe not picked up Nicks, JPP and others so maybe we don't win in 11. U never know

good post mike. i think this next season, if healthy, will be one of the best chances at a repeat...teams so young, and played at such a high level...they were clearly a notch ahead of the best teams in the league. even vs ne, we didnt play close to our best ball, and that was really more than enough imo to beat them...

the youth could go against teams, but our guys have the experience of 10 yr vets, and the skills of the best players league wide...team can be scary good...

if we had an above avg OL, i honestly believe it wouldnt even be close...at all...things will be tougher with the OL we got but i still feel we are a couple notches ahead of the best teams. that run last season, we werent just winning, we were dominating...the SF and NE games were more of the other teams playing to their top level while we werent playing our best...and it was still enough