PDA

View Full Version : TOM COUGHLIN STATES HE WILL NOT CONSIDER PLAXICO BURRESS

NYGiantsFan56
05-29-2012, 01:25 PM
GREAT ARTICLE THOUGH NOT SURPRISING. COUGHLIN STATES IN AN INTERVIEW THAT HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN BURRESS JOINING THE GIANTS BUT INSTEAD IS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT VICTOR CRUZ.

HERE IS THE STORY IN FULL FROM NFL.COM.

Giants' Tom Coughlin not considering Plaxico Burress
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: May 29, 2012 at 12:31 p.m. Updated: May 29, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.

It didn't take long for a few folks in New York to connect the dots and ask the question. Could Hakeem Nicks' foot injury possibly open the door for Plaxico Burress to return to the team.

Tom Coughlin's response was to shake his head and mouth the word "no."

Burress may wind up getting a job, but it won't be with the New York Giants. Tom Coughlin has another idea for how to fill in for Nicks while he recovers.

"We're looking for the next Victor Cruz," Coughlin said.

Some candidates on the roster: Second round pick Reuben Randle, Ramses Barden, and Jernal Jernigan. Brandon Collins, Dan DePalma, and Julian Talley are some of the long shots on the Giants roster. Coughlin also knows that Nicks may not miss any regular season time anyhow.

Nicks' recovery is expected to take anywhere from 6-12 weeks, which could have him ready just before Week 1. Nicks is already speaking optimistically, telling Coughlin he'll do everything possible to be back for the start of training camp.

G-Man67
05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
way to go TC ... yeah we don't need a guy on the back end of his career, who doesn't play every play and who shows up late and sleeps thru meetings</P>

but Plax will always have a special place with me,as he was a true Giants hero, but true Giants hero does not mean we ignore the flaws in making or not making a roster decision for 2012/13</P>

afterall,we had to cut David Tyree ... a great guy, a local guy and another Giants hero</P>

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Well there goes our shot at a repeat...

GMENAGAIN
05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Well there goes our shot at a repeat</FONT>...</P>

Fixed. </P>

Roosevelt
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Not surprising at all.

I can still see Plaxico coming off the field after getting flagged for 15, and Tom says to him "what the **** are you doing"? And Plax replies, "anything the **** I want".

Well, not as a Giant Plaxico, not as a Giant.

MikeIsaGiant
05-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I'll take Steve Smith before I ever consider taking Plaxico again.

MattMeyerBud
05-29-2012, 02:21 PM
he didnt say anything about TO or Braylon
[6]

RoanokeFan
05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
he didnt say anything about TO or Braylon
[6]

When you fall in love, do your brains also take a dive? [;)]

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Well there goes our https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyBJWpwVIn6yAzYhhzsJgZX_vnORXcO RjXi_IaER6TwerTsr0Zat a repeat</FONT>...</P>

Fixed. </P>

</P>

Double fixed.</P>

JMFP2
05-29-2012, 03:00 PM
GREAT ARTICLE THOUGH NOT SURPRISING. COUGHLIN STATES IN AN INTERVIEW THAT HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN BURRESS JOINING THE GIANTS BUT INSTEAD IS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT VICTOR CRUZ. HERE IS THE STORY IN FULL FROM NFL.COM. Giants' Tom Coughlin not considering Plaxico Burress 6 By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League editor Published: May 29, 2012 at 12:31 p.m. Updated: May 29, 2012 at 12:40 p.m. It didn't take long for a few folks in New York to connect the dots and ask the question. Could Hakeem Nicks' foot injury possibly open the door for Plaxico Burress to return to the team. Tom Coughlin's response was to shake his head and mouth the word "no." Burress may wind up getting a job, but it won't be with the New York Giants. Tom Coughlin has another idea for how to fill in for Nicks while he recovers. "We're looking for the next Victor Cruz," Coughlin said. Some candidates on the roster: Second round pick Reuben Randle, Ramses Barden, and Jernal Jernigan. Brandon Collins, Dan DePalma, and Julian Talley are some of the long shots on the Giants roster. Coughlin also knows that Nicks may not miss any regular season time anyhow. Nicks' recovery is expected to take anywhere from 6-12 weeks, which could have him ready just before Week 1. Nicks is already speaking optimistically, telling Coughlin he'll do everything possible to be back for the start of training camp.</P>

</P>

One of the nicest things about last year is it put the "Elican't win without Plaxico" BS to rest.</P>

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I still hate Plaxico for what he did to us in the 07 championship game. I like the Giants but never cared for Plaxico. He got arrogant and now he is more then ever with the Jets.

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I still hate Plaxico for what he did to us in the 07 championship game. I like the Giants but never cared for Plaxico. He got arrogant and now he is more then ever with the Jets.

Honestly with Hakeem Nicks coming in in 2009 I don't think Plax would have made the core team even if he didn't shoot himself. He would have been traded.

Drez
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
And yet this won't stop the Plaxico threads.

Drez
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM

Honestly with Hakeem Nicks coming in in 2009 I don't think Plax would have made the core team even if he didn't shoot himself. He would have been traded.
But, that begs the question, would we have drafted Nicks if we still had Plax.

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 03:53 PM
I still hate Plaxico for what he did to us in the 07 championship game. I like the Giants but never cared for Plaxico. He got arrogant and now he is more then ever with the Jets. Honestly with Hakeem Nicks coming in in 2009 I don't think Plax would have made the core team even if he didn't shoot himself. He would have been traded.
</P>

I doubt it. But then again, we drafted Kiwi with Strahan Osi and Tuck, and drafted JPP with Osi Tuck and Kiwi. So we might of drafted Nicks with Plax, Smith, Manningham. </P>

giantsfan420
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I still hate Plaxico for what he did to us in the 07 championship game. I like the Giants but never cared for Plaxico. He got arrogant and now he is more then ever with the Jets. Honestly with Hakeem Nicks coming in in 2009 I don't think Plax would have made the core team even if he didn't shoot himself. He would have been traded.
</P>

I doubt it. But then again, we drafted Kiwi with Strahan Osi and Tuck, and drafted JPP with Osi Tuck and Kiwi. So we might of drafted Nicks with Plax, Smith, Manningham. </P>
i still think nicks wkulda been the pick, plex was getting old and always had issues with something...

We dont need plex now. We should have nicks back by the reg season and a nice stable of competitive and eager young wrs...if knock on wood we lose a wr or two during the reg season and if plex is available i could see us signing him whether tc likes it or not bc plex did have success with eli

Roosevelt
05-29-2012, 04:41 PM
</p>

I doubt it. But then again, we drafted Kiwi with Strahan Osi and Tuck, and drafted JPP with Osi Tuck and Kiwi. So we might of drafted Nicks with Plax, Smith, Manningham. </p>
i still think nicks wkulda been the pick, plex was getting old and always had issues with something...

We dont need plex now. We should have nicks back by the reg season and a nice stable of competitive and eager young wrs...if knock on wood we lose a wr or two during the reg season and if plex is available i could see us signing him whether tc likes it or not bc plex did have success with eli

I don't see the FO doing that to Tom or even to Eli. Eli made it very apparent he had no use for him.

The Plax ship has sailed.

RoanokeFan
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
</p>

I doubt it. But then again, we drafted Kiwi with Strahan Osi and Tuck, and drafted JPP with Osi Tuck and Kiwi. So we might of drafted Nicks with Plax, Smith, Manningham. </p>

TC may not make "personnel decisions" but his opinion carries weight. When the GIANTS brought Plaxico in after he was released from prison, he had to sit down with Coughlin. After that, it was reported that Coughlin was OK with Plaxico returning and Plaxico went to the Jets, said he was never serious about the GIANTS, and trashed TC.

I don't think anyone in the organization is pushing for Plaxico. Mainly because we don't have a need.

ashleymarie
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm glad Tom is turning his eye to younger talents.

RoanokeFan
05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm glad Tom is turning his eye to younger talents.

His eye and his coaches [;)]

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
</P>

i still think nicks wkulda been the pick, plex was getting old and always had issues with something... We dont need plex now. We should have nicks back by the reg season and a nice stable of competitive and eager young wrs...if knock on wood we lose a wr or two during the reg season and if plex is available i could see us signing him whether tc likes it or not bc plex did have success with eli</P>

First off, it's PLAX not Plex. Plaxico. 2nd no way in hell TC allows that to happen. Remember how "friendly" Eli was in the offseason last year to see Plax. Not going to happen. </P>

</P>