PDA

View Full Version : A question for Giant fans

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:02 PM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.

JimC
05-29-2012, 03:08 PM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.

Teams/Players/Fans talk, that's what they do. I don't think GB did any more talking than anyone else, but you win the SB you should be able to do a little talking. It's the teams, like the Eagles and Cowboys that haven't done JACK in recent years and still feel they need to talk. Those are the ones that get under my skin.

Hopefully we'll have a good team this year and meet you guys in the playoffs again.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:10 PM
I wish the Giants the best but I dont want to play them in the playoffs again, that spells doom for us as of late.

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I've never thought the Pack was a bad mannered team or fanbase at all... Devoted, yes. However, I didn't like how the media portrayed Rodgers as pretty much invincible in 2011, but the fanbase isn't to blame for that.

At least you guys got to get some media gravy for your lombardi during the 2011 season. The 2012 season hasn't even started yet and already the media has proclaimed that we're sunk in the water. Again, not your fault, that's all on the media.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Rodgers isn't arrogant guys. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. He does come off as smug but he is not. I think he is alot more well like then Favre was.The media like you said portrays him as invicible. Dont blame it on Rodgers.

I'm not blaming Rodgers at all. I just happen to think that Eli is a better QB. But the keyword in that sentence is "Think"...

Oh and while I was rooting for the packers to lose at the end of the 2010 regular season (that was the only hope the Giants had of making the playoffs at that point), I did root for them once the postseason was underway. The pasting they gave the eagles probably prevented me from becoming suicidal...

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I think they are pretty much even. I dont think one is better then the other. You guys got us in the playoffs though. Hopefully Rodgers can tie Eli with number of rings this year.

Drez
05-29-2012, 03:33 PM

Arrogant and nice aren't mutually exclusive traits.

SweetZombieJesus
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't consider the Packers to be that arrogant.

Perhaps ****iness creeps in when you're 15-1 and defending champs, that's natural. But I'll also add that the Discount Double Check really annoyed me, probably spurred on by the overexposure with the commercials and such. But it's hard to think of other quarterbacks who have TD celebrations like that (let alone how nauseating it was to see a WWE belt over Rodgers' shoulders during the Lombardi presentation). Wrong sport, first of all, and if you want to pick a classless sport it's hard to find something worse than pro wrestling. It feels like taunting to me. Clay Matthews also annoys me just a touch for his excessive celebration.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM

That is what I said that he isnt arrogant.

Drez
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM

And what I'm saying is that just because he's nice doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant, too. Sorry, but Rodgers comes off as being a bit smug.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM

Perhaps ****iness creeps in when you're 15-1 and defending champs, that's natural.* But I'll also add that the Discount Double Check really annoyed me, probably spurred on by the overexposure with the commercials and such.* But it's hard to think of other quarterbacks who have TD celebrations like that (let alone how nauseating it was to see a WWE belt over Rodgers' shoulders during the Lombardi presentation).* It almost feels like taunting to me.* Clay Matthews also annoys me just a touch for his excessive celebration.

He is a classy guy. I know the commercials are annoying but no reason to dislike him. I find your quarterback to be the classiest in the league. I never hear him badmouth anyone. I hope we beat him but I like Eli. Trust me I hope we dont go as low as taunting anyone with excessive celebrations.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:40 PM

And what I'm saying is that just because he's nice doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant, too. Sorry, but Rodgers comes off as being a bit smug.

He gave the Giants lots of credit in their super bowl title. No reason to hate him man.

Drez
05-29-2012, 03:45 PM

He gave the Giants lots of credit in their super bowl title. No reason to hate him man.
Who says I hate him? I just think he comes off as a little smug. Just like how he had to make it a point that he had been asked to do SNL, too. Just comes off as a bit petty and arrogant.

JMFP2
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.</P>

Generally speaking, I like the Packers, and their fans.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Perhaps ****iness creeps in when you're 15-1 and defending champs, that's natural. But I'll also add that the Discount Double Check really annoyed me, probably spurred on by the overexposure with the commercials and such. But it's hard to think of other quarterbacks who have TD celebrations like that (let alone how nauseating it was to see a WWE belt over Rodgers' shoulders during the Lombardi presentation). It almost feels like taunting to me. Clay Matthews also annoys me just a touch for his excessive celebration.

He is a classy guy. I know the commercials are annoying but no reason to dislike him. I find your quarterback to be the classiest in the league. I never hear him badmouth anyone. I hope we beat him but I like Eli. Trust me I hope we dont go as low as taunting anyone with excessive celebrations.

I wasn't too annoyed by the commercials after the Packers won but they just kept on going and going, ran way too much. Maybe Rodgers should have turned down the commercials. That's more on his agent than him, but he has to be the manager of his own brand.

I assume you live out in Packer country, how many commercials do you see with Eli in them out there? In our market Eli does some Toyota commercials, some watch commercials, and he's done ESPN and Dish with his brother -- but the only time I ever see any of those is during football content, almost never in the course of generic broadcasting. Generally QBs save the oversaturation of commercials until they retire.

I know you explained the wrestling belt thing as his private thing on the practice squad behind Favre, but he has to realize it comes off as taunting. I know Michael Boley gave it back to him a couple of times during the game (and Boley is not a big trash talker) so clearly opposing players are annoyed/offended by it, and I know I as a fan am annoyed by it. Like I said, I can't think of other QBs who do this kind of thing. The only example I can think of was Donovan McNabb was doing throat slashes and got in trouble for that, and he's at the top of the classless list as far as I'm concerned.

Other than the overexposure and discount double check, I don't really have anything tainting my opinion of Rodgers... I would hope he realizes the image he is projecting and cuts it out. It's fine to celebrate -- a fist pump, a jump in the air, chest bumps, a scream, but I think you expect a QB to be like a sniper, and snipers don't set off fireworks and search lights when they succeed.

G-Man67
05-29-2012, 03:51 PM
well you guys have a neat dynamic in that Green Bay is a small market and they really support the Pack ... that city is all about the Packers</P>

i had a college roommate from Buffalo, when Buffalo was a better team than now and that town was great in supporting the Bills ... probably multiply that by 10 for Green Bay</P>

having said that ... with success comes bandwagon fans and bangwagon fans are the worst kinda fans ... i bet most most of your bandwagon fans don't even know who Don "The Magic Man" Majkowski is</P>

so sprinkle those fans with your Super Bowl win and a 15-1 season and arrogant would be an understatement</P>

oh and to weigh in on Rodgers ... well yeah he does come across as arrogant with the whole discount double check move, but you have to be supremely confident to play QB, so he is no more confident than Eli ... it just shows through with him ... whereas Eli keeps it under the helmet ... i can't really hold it against him ... i dont think he's made any really bad comments ... it's more body language</P>

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I guess I can see where your coming from but dont you think Eli might become arrogant now that he has 2 super bowl titles under his belt?

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Rodgers seems arrogant, and every team, including our GMEN have arrogant players that only care for their image. His discount double check belt move IMO was classless, and I was very happy when Boley got 2 sacks on him and mocked him for it. What is he a WWF wrestler? Come on. Even that tall white dude on the Knicks does it. Its pretty funny. I think he is mocking him too.</P>

But I will say, if Eli does the sandwich drop pickup and sneak a bite after a score, it wont be ego, lol. </P>

I never really had a problem with the Pack. Although, I do hear that the 08' and 12' playoff loses make them lose sleep, which Im proud of. Packers got all the calls for them this past year, it was disgusting.</P>

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Drez I do have lots of respect for your football team. Nothing compares to my love for the Pack but always have found myself pulling for the Gmen against Dallas, Philly, and lots of other teams mostly cause the Giants are a classy team.

JimC
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I guess I can see where your coming from but dont you think Eli might become arrogant now that he has 2 super bowl titles under his belt?

I don't see any arrogance in Eli at all. Was your question tongue in cheek?

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
The only good thing is we lost to a classy team in the postseason. Hopefully you guys dont think our fans and the rest of our team are as arrogant.

SweetZombieJesus
05-29-2012, 03:59 PM

It's just not who he is. That's the thing with Eli, he's the same even keel when they're trying to run him out of town as when they're kissing his butt.

Plus he has a good sense of staying out of the spotlight. He didn't do SNL after the first Super Bowl because he didn't feel the time was right. He doesn't do very many commercials. He always credits his teammates first in victory and always takes the blame on himself in a loss. He's probably the most grounded pro athlete I've ever seen.

I'm sure there are times he sits down and thinks how great he is, how he's going to own all the Giants' records, how he's the only Giant QB to have multiple championships, how he's responsible for all those 4th quarter comebacks -- but you wouldn't know it.

When they asked him early this year if he considers himself in Tom Brady's class, he said sure -- and he was crucified as arrogant for it.

And just so we're clear, Lambeau, I really like the Pack and its fan base... If the Giants didn't exist I'd probably be a Packer fan. I just have that tiny problem with the discount double check... A very small blemish overall. Your organization is well run and classy, and really our two teams represent different but complementary roots of the NFL -- it wouldn't be what it is now without either of our two teams.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey Tuck why would you be happy it makes us lose sleep. Those are probably the most devasting losses in the last couple decades. I wouldnt rub it in any giant fans faces had we beat them.

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 04:05 PM

It's just not who he is.* That's the thing with Eli, he's the same even keel when they're trying to run him out of town as when they're kissing his butt.

Plus he has a good sense of staying out of the spotlight.* He didn't do SNL after the first Super Bowl because he didn't feel the time was right.* He doesn't do very many commercials.* He always credits his teammates first in victory and always takes the blame on himself in a loss.* He's probably the most grounded pro athlete I've ever seen.

I'm sure there are times he sits down and thinks how great he is, how he's going to own all the Giants' records, how he's the only Giant QB to have multiple championships, how he's responsible for all those 4th quarter comebacks -- but you wouldn't know it.

When they asked him early this year if he considers himself in Tom Brady's class, he said sure -- and he was crucified as arrogant for it.

And just so we're clear, Lambeau, I really like the Pack and its fan base...* If the Giants didn't exist I'd probably be a Packer fan.* I just have that tiny problem with the discount double check...* A very small blemish overall.

I agree. Eli is probably the least arrogant out of all the qb's in the NFL.

critters
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think Green Bay is arrogant. I have a lot of respect for their team and fans. Especially Rodgers.

As for the "discount double check" move that Rodgers does... I assume everyone that has problems with that also had problems with the "ballin" jump shots our players were doing a few years ago?

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Alot of people seemed to enjoy it when Rodgers got beat in the playoffs. I think alot of non Packer fans hate him because of that celebration.

SweetZombieJesus
05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't think Green Bay is arrogant. I have a lot of respect for their team and fans. Especially Rodgers.

As for the "discount double check" move that Rodgers does... I assume everyone that has problems with that also had problems with the "ballin" jump shots our players were doing a few years ago?

I didn't care for it, but Eli never did it. How many other QBs have moves?

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I do think the chances are good the packers will play the Giants again in the playoffs this upcoming year. If you guys can knock off Dallas instead of us that would be cool with me.

JMFP2
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't think Rodgers comes off as arrogant......he's confident, and pretty funny. I might call him ****y, but that's as far as I'd go.</P>

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey Tuck why would you be happy it makes us lose sleep. Those are probably the most devasting losses in the last couple decades. I wouldnt rub it in any giant fans faces had we beat them.</P>

Im happy it makes the Packers lose sleep, not the fans. Packer fans Ive always liked, never had a problem. Packers just thought they would whoop up on us like we were a doormat and step all over us, and even with the refs trying their hardest to keep the Pack in the game, Giants blew em out. I dont like the Pats for the same reason. Brady doesnt respect Eli, as much as he says he does, he doesnt. you can just tell. I like Aaron Rodgers, but I feel his ego is bigger then Eli's, a lot bigger. And it gets old after a while.</P>

Toadofsteel
05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
The problem with DDC isn't the commercial itself, it was the fact that it seemed to be the ONLY commercial that ever played on NFL's video pages. If the only commercial that ever played was that Toyota commercial where Eli goes "YOUR mantle?!" (you know which one i'm talking about), people would think Eli was the pettiest guy alive...

shockeyg
05-29-2012, 06:58 PM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.No problem with Packer fans. Better then most .

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Actually Giant fans most Packer fans actually dont mind the Giants even though you beat us the last two times in the postseason, us Packer fans tip our hat off to ya stating you outplayed us both times. I might hate the Giants had you guys got lucky and beat us on a fluke play both times but since you outplayed us both times by a mile I respect the Giants alot. Yes the refs made some horrible calls in our favor. Had we won the game despite the officiating I would have felt ashamed. Giant fans were really cool at Lambeau from what I heard when they visited. You guys were probably our best visiting fans.

slipknottin
05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Overall I thought the packers werent arrogant at all, until they won their most recent SB. Then BJ Raji running his mouth and all of that.

There are other teams I think that win SBs and dont play or act arrogant, steelers being one example.

Saints were always an arrogant ****y team.

Morehead State
05-29-2012, 08:15 PM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.</P>

You are obsessing.</P>

We won. You lost. 2012 begins in about3 months. Lets watch together.</P>

Lambeau12
05-29-2012, 08:52 PM

You are obsessing.</P>

We won.* You lost.* 2012 begins in about*3 months.* Lets watch together.</P>
We have an easy schedule for the most part in 2012. You never know though, the teams that look easy might be really good.

BigBlue1971
05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I guess I can see where your coming from but dont you think Eli might become arrogant now that he has 2 super bowl titles under his belt?</P>

</P>

naw Eli wont become arrogant at all! if he did hes outside his comfort zone! Eli is "medium" all the time!</P>

he'll be confident but that stillwont translate to arrogance! </P>

Morehead State
05-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I guess I can see where your coming from but dont you think Eli might become arrogant now that he has 2 super bowl titles under his belt?</P>

</P>

naw Eli wont become arrogant at all! if he did hes outside his comfort zone! Eli is "medium" all the time!</P>

</P>

Not much risk of that.....</P>

He's built like Horshack.</P>

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/eli-manningbeach.jpg</P>

JJC7301
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM

Teams/Players/Fans talk, that's what they do.* I don't think GB did any more talking than anyone else, but you win the SB you should be able to do a little talking.* It's the teams, like the Eagles and Cowboys that haven't done JACK in recent years and still feel they need to talk.* Those are the ones that get under my skin.

Hopefully we'll have a good team this year and meet you guys in the playoffs again.

+1. I didn't think the Pack themselves were talkative -- just confident, as they should have been after winning the SB in great fashion and going 15-1. And fans will always talk because that's what we do, but I didn't think that Pack fans were bad. It was the 49er fans that were insane and they hadn't even won anything.

BigBlue1971
05-29-2012, 10:10 PM

</P>

</P>

Not much risk of that.....</P>

He's built like Horshack.</P>

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/eli-manningbeach.jpg</P>

</P>

</P>

lmao!</P>

i thought Horshack was a skinny guy!</P>

Antwuan
06-01-2012, 02:38 AM

Nope! I think Green Bay for the most part is a classy organization/great fans. I didn't any arrogance from the Packers after the Giants won in this past season and in the NFC Championship Game in 2008. I have respect for Aaron Rodgers he's a great guy and a great QB.

I will say this there was this one guy who is a Packers Fan on youtube that I was going back in forth with about Eli & Giants because he was talking non sense.

I don't view the Packers on the same scale with the Cowboys & Eagles as far as arrogance.

Bohemian
06-01-2012, 02:48 AM
I guess I can see where your coming from but dont you think Eli might become arrogant now that he has 2 super bowl titles under his belt?</p>

</p>

naw Eli wont become arrogant at all! if he did hes outside his comfort zone! Eli is "medium" all the time!</p>

he'll be confident but that stillwont translate to arrogance! </p>

</p>

Not much risk of that.....</p>

He's built like Horshack.</p>

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/eli-manningbeach.jpg</p>

</p>

</p>

lmao!</p>

i thought Horshack was a skinny guy!</p>

LOL! his muscle definition is amazing! Those forearms could kill a man! and gotta love the little sand bucket... too funny. Gotta love that we have the ultimate average Joe at QB, and winning SB MVPs... in a cut throat place like NYC.

jomo
06-01-2012, 07:00 AM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.I don't think the Pats or Packers are arrogant. The Cowboys owner is an arrogant fool as are some of their johnny come lately fans. Only the Eagles have that arrogant streak from the top or their organization to the bottom of their fan base.

nygsb42champs
06-01-2012, 07:56 AM
I do not think the Packers are arrogant like Dallas or Philly. Dallas and Philly act like it is there right to win the Super Bowl every year and that everybody else should get out of there way.

Lambeau12
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I wonder how the Pack will perform opening day when they face the 49ers. How will they respond from such a great season last year.

bubblesmcgee
06-06-2012, 01:19 AM
You guys think Green Bay is an arrogant team like the Pats or Cowboys or Eagles are? I mean do you think after our super bowl win did we get a little too ****y? I myself think it was probably good we got humbled a bit. I think we will be back next year, just hope we can stay humble. I dont think we were as good as our record indicated last year with how bad our defense was. I think our offense was too good to lose many games. The Giants were the perfect team to matchup with us.I don't think the Pats or Packers are arrogant. The Cowboys owner is an arrogant fool as are some of their johnny come lately fans. Only the Eagles have that arrogant streak from the top or their organization to the bottom of their fan base.

Pats fans seem to be just about as arrogant as you can get. Unless i misunderstood and you just meant the team as a whole? But even then brady is as arrogant as they come. "We're only gonna score 17 points? haha is plax playing defense?"

RichGiants81
06-07-2012, 04:04 AM

Free bay seemed to overlook the giants this post season. "humble"teams don't go into the post season thinking they are the team to beat

RichGiants81

Free bay seemed to overlook the giants this post season. "humble"teams don't go into the post season thinking they are the team to beat

RichGiants81

sg92
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM

What? Could you say that again?

davecrazy
06-09-2012, 01:28 AM
There were a bunch of packer fans in my section at the regular seaso game this past year and all of them were polite and passionate without being obnoxious or annoying. Was a pleasure to meet them and watch the gam with them, even though the giants lost.