PDA

View Full Version : CRUZ, HIXON SET TO CARRY LOAD AT WR FOR GIANTS

RoanokeFan
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
CRUZ, HIXON SET TO CARRY LOAD AT WR FOR GIANTS (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47620815/ns/nfl/)

"As the Giants again begin the process of sorting out a dilemma among the wide
receivers, Victor Cruz and Domenik Hixon will have to provide much-needed
stability.
<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>For Cruz, picking up the offseason
slack for Mario Manningham's free-agent defection to San Francisco and key
playmaker Hakeem Nicks' fractured fifth metatarsal, won't be as hard as the task
that faces Hixon. Cruz's 82 catches and a team-record 1,536 yards gave him that
credibility.</p>
<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>But Hixon has to prove that his
recovery from right ACL tears the last two years is complete, and that his old
speed and reliability has returned.</p>
<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>That process has already started, as
Hixon and Cruz lined up opposite each other Wednesday in their second organized
team activity session as first-unit wideouts for the Giants.</p>
<p class="textBodyBlack"><span id="byLine"></span>"I feel great," Hixon said. "To be
honest, it's been a long two years."</p>

giantsfan420
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
I dont know what to expect from hixon. I was always a fan, and to be honest, when he started for us i was probably unrealistic about how good i thought he was. Now hes coming off a second acl tear, that came on a self inflicted catch. Anyone remember that play? The ball hit him in his shoulder pad, bounced gently up and then he grabbed it with one hand. The was he landed while completing the catch is what tweaked his acl. He made the catch way harder than it needed to be...still a great td ccatch dont get me wrong...same game mm concusses himself on a blown coverage wide open easy td pass by bobbling the great pass from eli and falling on his head lol...

Mod_C
05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I dont know what to expect from hixon. I was always a fan, and to be honest, when he started for us i was probably unrealistic about how good i thought he was. Now hes coming off a second acl tear, that came on a self inflicted catch. Anyone remember that play? The ball hit him in his shoulder pad, bounced gently up and then he grabbed it with one hand. The was he landed while completing the catch is what tweaked his acl. He made the catch way harder than it needed to be...still a great td ccatch dont get me wrong...same game mm concusses himself on a blown coverage wide open easy td pass by bobbling the great pass from eli and falling on his head lol...

That play happened in the end zone where I sit. It was a pure circus catch in coverage as I recall. Nevertheless, an injury took him out for the season. I don't know how you can see he made it harder than it needed to be. You catch them however you can.

giantsfan420
05-30-2012, 09:08 PM

That play happened in the end zone where I sit.* It was a pure circus catch in coverage as I recall.* Nevertheless, an injury took him out for the season.* I don't know how you can see he made it harder than it needed to be.* You catch them however you can.

The catch was awesome dont get me wrong. And there was a defender in coverage.
Its just the pass hit hixon on the shoulder pad, i thought he should have caught it with his hands on the way to him. His reaction time was off and the ball got on him. He caught it off the deflection and it was a circus catch. I just thought it shoulda been much easier.

Flip Empty
05-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Its just the pass hit hixon on the shoulder pad, i thought he should have caught it with his hands on the way to him. His reaction time was off and the ball got on him. He caught it off the deflection and it was a circus catch. I just thought it shoulda been much easier.
Wow, what an odd thing to criticise.
Considering the pass was slightly under-thrown, Hixon did well to make a late adjustment to go up and get it.

http://i.imgur.com/1Cx2b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSskA.jpg

A better defender could've either deflected it, or picked it off.

giantsfan420
05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
Wow, what an odd thing to criticise.
Considering the pass was slightly under-thrown, Hixon did well to make a late adjustment to go up and get it.

http://i.imgur.com/1Cx2b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSskA.jpg

A better defender could've either deflected it, or picked it off.

Well if u wanna be technical, eli released the ball as the defender had his back to the ball. Qbs will almost always throw it somewhat short as it gives the receiver the only real chance to catch it. Brees makes a living on these throws.

And i think ive been unclear. Im not trying to criticize. The play was awesome. Im just stating fact. The ball bounced off of hixons shoulder pad straight up and gave hixon a chance to make the catch. As he was doing so, he tore his acl.
had hixon caught it before the ball deflected off his shoulder pad, who knows how hixons acl ends up...

Thats all im trying to point out

giantsfan420
05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
Its when he makes the catch after the ball deflected off him that he jams and tears his acl...

Captain Chaos
05-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Even before Hixon went down with ACL he never really was a big time receiver, great punt returner. With the 2nd knee injury, not sure how he will be, I think he will be passed up by someone.

mainegiantsfan
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM
He shows the potential to be a big time reciever. Now he need the opportunity. His injuries have kept this from happening, in my estimation. He has the speed, quickness, and hand to excel.

GCGiant
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Someone will step up if not Hixon. There are lots of ponies in the stable, IMO. I'm thinking that between Hixon, Jernigan, and Randle...someone will prove that he can get open and catch the ball...and Eli will find him.

Nicks could make it completely back, too.

buddy33
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not sold on Hixon or TT yet. Them being healhy is a great thing for Giants but until we see them actually play and take some hits I'm worried about having to rely on them.

I'm more optimistic about the WR situation because Nicks has plenty of time to get better and I don't mean by game #1. Sure, I'd like him there, but I'd rather have him there later in the season healthy.

I trust Reese and his ability to draft and think JJ can be a useful weapon. Like many, I can't wait to see what Randle can do, but we can't forget about JJ.

gumby742
05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
The catch was awesome dont get me wrong. And there was a defender in coverage. Its just the pass hit hixon on the shoulder pad, i thought he should have caught it with his hands on the way to him. His reaction time was off and the ball got on him. He caught it off the deflection and it was a circus catch. I just thought it shoulda been much easier. Wow, what an odd thing to criticise. Considering the pass was slightly under-thrown, Hixon did well to make a late adjustment to go up and get it. http://i.imgur.com/1Cx2b.jpg http://i.imgur.com/eSskA.jpg A better defender could've either deflected it, or picked it off. Well if u wanna be technical, eli released the ball as the defender had his back to the ball. Qbs will almost always throw it somewhat short as it gives the receiver the only real chance to catch it. Brees makes a living on these throws. And i think ive been unclear. Im not trying to criticize. The play was awesome. Im just stating fact. The ball bounced off of hixons shoulder pad straight up and gave hixon a chance to make the catch. As he was doing so, he tore his acl. had hixon caught it before the ball deflected off his shoulder pad, who knows how hixons acl ends up... Thats all im trying to point out</P>

short, but short and behind - toward the defender? Fact is, it was a bad pass. It could have been an easier catch, but it was also a poor pass. There are two sides to this son.</P>

bigblue999
05-31-2012, 10:50 AM
It would be a mistake to start Hixon. Barden is the more healthier, bigger, more reliable receiver.

RoanokeFan
05-31-2012, 11:06 AM
It would be a mistake to start Hixon. Barden is the more healthier, bigger, more reliable receiver.

Easy now, Hixon, according to the coaching staff, is extremely reliable. Runs great routes and is where they want him to be all the time. Injuries happen to most players. We should take the opinions of the coaching staff about what players will start. Whoever starts will deserve it.

TrueBlue@NYC
05-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Hixons' biggest obstacle is being a big contributor is staying healthy. If he can keep himself on the field, I'm very confident he'll make an impact.

RoanokeFan
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Hixons' biggest obstacle is being a big contributor is staying healthy. If he can keep himself on the field, I'm very confident he'll make an impact.

+1

Toadofsteel
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Is this supposed to be in red? I've never heard the words "Barden" and "reliable" together in the same sentence without a "not" in between them...

RoanokeFan
05-31-2012, 12:13 PM

Is this supposed to be in red? I've never heard the words "Barden" and "reliable" together in the same sentence without a "not" in between them...

Eye of the beholder [;)]