PDA

View Full Version : Thomas doesnt look too good

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 03:01 PM
This is only judging from the 4-5 seconds in the OTA clip.... It looks like he is still playing soft on the knee. He doesnt look comfortable changing direction and when he jumped he landed with all his weight on his good knee.
I suffered from an ACL tear in winter 2009 and it still bothers me today when i play flag with my friends. I also didnt receive world class rehab so i hope Thomas can get back to form quickly.....as of right now he looks like he has a LONG way to go.

JPizzack
05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
This is only judging from the 4-5 seconds in the OTA clip.... It looks like he is still playing soft on the knee. He doesnt look comfortable changing direction and when he jumped he landed with all his weight on his good knee. I suffered from an ACL tear in winter 2009 and it still bothers me today when i play flag with my friends. I also didnt receive world class rehab so i hope Thomas can get back to form quickly.....as of right now he looks like he has a LONG way to go.</P>

That's not promising....ugh
However, it's early, and like you set, short clip from OTAs.
That being said, I hope they dont overwork him. KEEP THESE DUDES FRESH!!</P>

slipknottin
05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
It could also be almost healthy, but he has to improve his confidence in his ability to use it.

Sometimes even after body parts heal you still nurse them because you are so conditioned to doing that.

gmen0820
05-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Half of the battle is mental, luckily Thomas has always come off as a physical player on Sunday, so I think he can turn it on.

DVision
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Thomas hasn't even been given the ok to go full yet, because he's wearing a brace on that knee. I'm sure the brace is restricting him. How many CB's have you ever seen wear a knee brace?

Besides how can you make an evaluation with a 4-5 sec clip? It was one rep of one drill and it wasn't even full speed.

TuckYou
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
The biggest issue with coming back from an ACL or any leg, ankle injury is not favoring it so much you injure the other.

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Thomas hasn't even been given the ok to go full yet, because he's wearing a brace on that knee. I'm sure the brace is restricting him. How many CB's have you ever seen wear a knee brace?

Besides how can you make an evaluation with a 4-5 sec clip? It was one rep of one drill and it wasn't even full speed.
Never seen a DB wear a brace in-game. I can evaluate from the only video accessible to me. Obviously the clip was short, i stated that, and from the video its clear to see the drill wasnt full speed.
Thanks for explaining whats already understood.

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Speaking from experience, YES, its all mental from here. Im sure then knee is healing nicely but its about Thomas trusting that knee. Right now I doesn't seem like he has much confidence in the knee enough to trust it in drills. There's a reason why coaches still have him on a limited basis.

Hixon got hurt after Thomas and he's out there running routes and making cuts at full-speed.

VegasGmen
05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
This is voluntary OTA's. He will be fine. I would be worried if he looks like that come training camp.

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
This is voluntary OTA's. He will be fine. I would be worried if he looks like that come training camp.
I agree...but its a little to close to camp for him not to be full speed out there like Hixon.

scf424
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, hopefully Prince matures this season. They've got depth (as of now) at the position.

BeatYale
05-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Can you blame him? I wouldn't want to land on that leg either. Especially after seeing a teammate, who was also making a comeback from knee surgery, go down a few days ago.

DVision
05-31-2012, 08:26 PM

Never seen a DB wear a brace in-game. I can evaluate from the only video accessible to me. Obviously the clip was short, i stated that, and from the video its clear to see the drill wasnt full speed.
Thanks for explaining whats already understood.

So in that short clip you can tell he doesn't trust his knee? Isn't it obvious that he can't change direction and jump because of the huge brace on the knee?

Since the only video accessible to you is a 4-5 sec clip maybe you shouldn't evaluate at all.

DVision
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
I agree...but its a little to close to camp for him not to be full speed out there like Hixon.

Just because they had the same injury doesn't mean they were identical. Hixon had a partial ACL tear unlike Thomas, hence the reason why Hixon is a full go and Thomas is still running with a brace.

Axels15
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
This post is a bit ridiculous...

miked1958
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I think he will be fine

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
This post is a bit ridiculous...
how?

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Just because they had the same injury doesn't mean they were identical.* Hixon had a partial ACL tear unlike Thomas, hence the reason why Hixon is a full go and Thomas is still running with a brace.

FACT:
Hixon had a full ACL tear, not partial.

Thomas injury occurred August 22
Hixon's injury occurred September 19

Almost a full month apart and Hixon is out running routes at full-speed. A ****** can see that progression on Thamas's ACL is not going as planned. I'm not saying that he will never be back to form, he's just not going to be ready by the start of the season and possibly well into the season based on how he looks and his limited practice status today.

I also tore my right ACL/MCL, i know the rigorous process it takes just to get back distributing weight equally while walking.
Ive also seen other players with the same injury, and sometimes less recovery time, be out on the field doing everything full -speed. So for me this is a very serious concern.

DVision
05-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Just because they had the same injury doesn't mean they were identical. Hixon had a partial ACL tear unlike Thomas, hence the reason why Hixon is a full go and Thomas is still running with a brace.

FACT:
Hixon had a full ACL tear, not partial.

Thomas injury occurred August 22
Hixon's injury occurred September 19

Almost a full month apart and Hixon is out running routes at full-speed. A ****** can see that progression on Thamas's ACL is not going as planned. I'm not saying that he will never be back to form, he's just not going to be ready by the start of the season and possibly well into the season based on how he looks and his limited practice status today.

I also tore my right ACL/MCL, i know the rigorous process it takes just to get back distributing weight equally while walking.
Ive also seen other players with the same injury, and sometimes less recovery time, be out on the field doing everything full -speed. So for me this is a very serious concern.

Cool story bro! Everyone's injury and recovery is different depending on how severe the tear is. For example Welker tore his ACL the last game of the season and was back on the field full speed for the season opener.

And by the way via Ebenezer Samuel and the NY Post

"Hixon, who is returning from a <font size="4">partially torn ACL</font> suffered early last season, was given first crack at Nicks' spot opposite wideout Victor Cruz, and Hixon made the most of the opportunity."

Get your facts straight!

Die-Hard
05-31-2012, 09:44 PM
They play 2 completely different positions, and the CB position is a whole lot more strenuous than the WR position. I'll start to worry when TT can't go in camp. Right now, they're just being overly cautious

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 09:53 PM
They play 2 completely different positions, and the CB position is a whole lot more strenuous than the WR position. I'll start to worry when TT can't go in camp. Right now, they're just being overly cautious

I'd say WR is more of a challenge.. doubly moves, 10 and stops, quick slants, hard ins and outs, jukes, planting after the catch.....Both positions are taxing on the knees but i cant put CB ahead of WR.

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM

"Hixon, who is returning from a <font size="4">partially torn ACL</font> suffered early last season, was given first crack at Nicks' spot opposite wideout Victor Cruz, and Hixon made the most of the opportunity."

Get your facts straight!

You do realize that partially torn or not, ACL's dont grow back, right? So its the same surgical procedure weather or not you have a full tear.
Just so you know.

Manning2Niks
05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Im not trying to get in the fight here just throwing out a perspective:

Is cb/db harder based on the fact that it's reactionary? So like, the wr knows before hand what he's doing where as the cb has to make up ground after seeing what the wr is going to do. It's not like the cb isn't running those double moves too while shadowing. Obviously there's the case of dropping back and sitting in a zone while you have some help underneath or something, but if you're trying to be where the wr is step.for step I gotta think cb is more challenging.

Maybe not, just my perspective.

DVision
05-31-2012, 10:08 PM

Get your facts straight!

You do realize that partially torn or not, ACL's dont grow back, right? So its the same surgical procedure weather or not you have a full tear.
Just so you know.

What happened to your "FACT"? You couldn't be more wrong! lol. I'm well aware the ligaments don't just grow back. Did I say that? You think ACL reconstructions are all the same? There are actually 3 different types of ACL surgeries. Along with different graft options and bracing options. It differs from patient to patient along with surgeon to surgeon.Recovery times vary and as said before depends on the severity of the tear!

Just because you've experienced the injury doesn't make you an expert on it. Just so you know!

Again get your facts straight!

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
What happened to your "FACT"?* You couldn't be more wrong!* lol.* I'm well aware the ligaments don't just grow back.* Did I say that?* You think ACL reconstructions are all the same?* There are actually 3 different types of ACL surgeries.* Along with different graft options and bracing options.* It differs from patient to patient along with surgeon to surgeon.Recovery times vary and as said before depends on the severity of the tear!*

Just because you've experienced the injury doesn't make you an expert on it.* Just so you know!

Again get your facts straight!*

Nice Google work!

Drez
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM

I'd say WR is more of a challenge.. doubly moves, 10 and stops, quick slants, hard ins and outs, jukes, planting after the catch.....Both positions are taxing on the knees but i cant put CB ahead of WR.
So, backpeddling at full speed, planting and turning are easy on the knees?

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 10:25 PM

Read the last sentence

Drez
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM

Read the last sentence
I did. Still have to say CB is a bit harder on the knees, save for WR actually getting hit in the knees, if for nothing else the reactionary nature of the position. At least as a WR you know what you need your body has to do before you do it.

DVision
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
What happened to your "FACT"? You couldn't be more wrong! lol. I'm well aware the ligaments don't just grow back. Did I say that? You think ACL reconstructions are all the same? There are actually 3 different types of ACL surgeries. Along with different graft options and bracing options. It differs from patient to patient along with surgeon to surgeon.Recovery times vary and as said before depends on the severity of the tear!

Just because you've experienced the injury doesn't make you an expert on it. Just so you know!

Again get your facts straight!

Nice Google work!

It's called "FACT" checking! You should give it a try before you start talking out your rear end![:#]

FroZeNx31x
05-31-2012, 10:52 PM
It's called "FACT" checking!* You should give it a try before you start talking out your rear end![:#]

Halfway torn, fully torn big deal. i bet you feel good about yourself. FACT!

sharick88
05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
The sparring in this thread is awesome. Keep up the great work. Seriously though, he is just taking it easy. I don't expect him to come back and kill it right away. Patience.

RonJon
06-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Tomas himself said he was going to take it slow in OTAs and that he wouldn't crank it up fully until training camp in July. I wouldn't worry yet

TuckYou
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
The greatest thing is that the Giants have the option to cut him loose after this year if he isnt back to normal. They dont have to pay him that oversized contract. I see Hosely stepping in for Thomas in 2013.