PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to show you guys how Yahoo is such a JOKE!

TheBookOfEli
05-31-2012, 11:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AtkYn1o6iBUEE6o3SOV2at85nYcB?slug=ys-expertpoll-pre12-qb

Most of these "Experts" have Eli ranked below Romo, Cutler, Big Ben, Stafford, and Cam Newton.

Yahoo is not only a joke when it comes journalism but sports as well.

fizzlestick
05-31-2012, 11:56 PM
It's for fantasy ****, I'd agree. Eli doesn't put up that great of fantasy numbers.

Die-Hard
06-01-2012, 12:04 AM
They are pre-season fantasy rankings, and just for the record, no, most of them do NOT have Eli ranked below all of those guys. Only Stafford and Newton were ranked higher, but again, it's fantasy crap that doesn't mean a thing, and it shouldn't bother anyone when Eli gets ranked below other QB's in any poll. There <u>are</u> actually better QB's in the NFL than Eli Manning.

Harooni
06-01-2012, 12:05 AM
i dont see a problem with the list. eli is good in the fourth ,he does not wow you with fantasy numbers.

Harooni
06-01-2012, 12:07 AM
There <u>are</u> actually better QB's in the NFL than Eli Manning.

[:O] oh oh "let the cat RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG!!!"

Die-Hard
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM

Fear not. I'm fully prepared for the onslaught[;)]

Drez
06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
You do realize that this is for fantasy football, right?

Neverend
06-01-2012, 12:16 AM
some people can be a little overly sensitive nowadays

Drez
06-01-2012, 12:19 AM
With Cam's rushing stats, I'm surprised he's not a spot or two higher.

ShakeNBake
06-01-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't know why people always rank Vick high in fantasy. The guy is so injury prone you have to draft another qb with him anyway since he tends to be out for at least a few games season.

Drez
06-01-2012, 01:04 AM
I don't know why people always rank Vick high in fantasy. The guy is so injury prone you have to draft another qb with him anyway since he tends to be out for at least a few games season.

Because he gets points for passing stats and rushing stats; most QBs really only get passing stats points.

TheBookOfEli
06-01-2012, 01:11 AM

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg837/scaled.php?server=837&filename=funnycage.jpg&res=landing

ShakeNBake
06-01-2012, 01:17 AM

Because he gets points for passing stats and rushing stats; most QBs really only get passing stats points.

Thats true, however he is not durable, so you have to draft another qb which could be used elsewhere. All I'm saying is that injury prone running qbs are low on my draftboard.

Toadofsteel
06-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Fantasy football is just that... fantasy. You can fantacize that Eli is not a good QB, but at the end of the day, he did what he needed to do, and now he's got two rings to show for it. What does your fantasy football team have to show for you?

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Another kneejerk reaction over absolutely nothing

THE_New_York_Giants
06-01-2012, 02:01 AM
idtake all of those guys except romo and vick in fantasy. vick sucks for fantasy unless you have a solid backup

nygsb42champs
06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
It is fantasy football rankings.

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
<div class="sa_cc">
<div class="sa_mc">

Definition of FANTASY. 1. obsolete: <font color="#0000FF">hallucination</font>. 2: fancy;
especially: the free play of creative imagination . 3: a creation of the
imaginative faculty whether ...</p></div></div>

lamas
06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
<div class="sa_cc">
<div class="sa_mc">

Definition of FANTASY. 1. obsolete: <font color="#0000FF">hallucination</font>. 2: fancy;

That "hallucination" is a multi-billion dollar industry where real players strive to put up big stats for their fantasy "owners."

The key is keeping in mind that they are separate (unlike the OP).

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
<div class="sa_cc">
<div class="sa_mc">

That "hallucination" is a multi-billion dollar industry where real players strive to put up big stats for their fantasy "owners."

The key is keeping in mind that they are separate (unlike the OP).

Do you mean to tell me that the players aren't on the fantasy owner's speed dial lists? [8-)]

ralphpal
06-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Really he puts up great fanstay numbers . Yes rodgers , bress , newton, Brady puts up better but everyone else is the same
Probably aveages 20 or more a game the difference is those 4 especially rodgers and brees and brady bad game is is about a 20 point game where as everyone else could put up a 9 point game about 2 times a year . Also with rodgers and brees and brady and Cam newton you could get a 40 point game about 4 times a year where as everyone else its about 2 times a year . Those QBs come back down to earth while rodgers, bress , brady but he was a rookie Cam Newton dont come back down to earth they still average about 28-30 points a game Hes a great fanstay QB

chasjay
06-01-2012, 11:18 AM

If you want to carry that thought to its logical conclusion, your statement could be made about every QB in the NFL, except one. Who is that one that the statement would not apply to?

miked1958
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AtkYn1o6iBUEE6o3SOV2at85nYcB?slug=ys-expertpoll-pre12-qb

Most of these "Experts" have Eli ranked below Romo, Cutler, Big Ben, Stafford, and Cam Newton.

Yahoo is not only a joke when it comes journalism but sports as well.And romo, cutler, stafford and Cam have not even sniffed a SB let alone win a ring

miked1958
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I am fine with them ranked ahead of Eli every year as long as Eli's ranking up more hardware

burier
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
To be clear. Eli was one of the best Fantasy QBs in the league last season.

dezzzR
06-01-2012, 01:06 PM
It's for fantasy ****, I'd agree. Eli doesn't put up that great of fantasy numbers.
Id have to disagree since I had him last year in ff. Very solid. Bailed me out of a few games as well.

Bohemian
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Yahoo is not only a joke when it comes journalism but sports as well.

I would have Eli at 4 or 5 for sure. Big Ben deserves to be right there with Eli. I am not sure what people see in Vick that makes mesmerizes them so much, but he is certainly not the kind of leader that Eli is. You can just imagine what kind of numbers Eli would put up with the kind of offensive balance that the Eagles have. Eli and Ben have proven to be workhorses able to carry their franchises during times when a running game was non existent. Vick, not so much.

Newton and Stafford look like great young QBs, but not even close to having prove anything yet. I would put Romo, Peyton and Rivers over those two at the moment.

thomsoad
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah Vick will miss a few games but so far he has always been in when you needed him in your FF playoffs. I had Vick 2 years ago and he creamed everybody regardless of position. He had 184 more points then the #2 Arian Foster.

Thats why he is ranked so high.

And if we are going to talk injury prone im guessing you pass up on Hakeem Nicks as well? He has never played a full season.

WR4Life
06-01-2012, 01:26 PM

In all reality he's still an overrated fantasy quarterback. Last year he rushed for the least amount of rushing yards in his career and didn't have a rushing TD. People still overrate him because of the game against the Redskins 2 years ago.

thomsoad
06-01-2012, 01:29 PM

In all reality he's still an overrated fantasy quarterback. Last year he rushed for the least amount of rushing yards in his career and didn't have a rushing TD. People still overrate him because of the game against the Redskins 2 years ago.

It was more then just a game 2 years ago. Vick was a monster 2 years ago. Whether some people want to acknowledge it or not.

WR4Life
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM

It was more then just a game 2 years ago. Vick was a monster 2 years ago. Whether some people want to acknowledge it or not.

Just looked it up and I was wrong in my previous post. Wherever I read about his rushing numbers and not scoring was wrong. Either way though his yardage was down from the previous year and he did only have 1 score. As far as being a monster all year long, I'm not so sure about that.

JJC7301
06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Just wrong to put Stafford ahead of a QB that's a 2x SB MVP.

Insane to put Newton, who has yet to play his second season, ahead of that same 2x SB MVP QB. Just like last year when "experts" were on the Freeman bandwagon.

I've learned that "expert" is just a fancy way of labeling someone with an opinion that's no better or worse than anyone else, but just gets paid for that opinion.

Drez
06-02-2012, 01:20 AM

Insane to put Newton, who has yet to play his second season, ahead of that same 2x SB MVP QB. Just like last year when "experts" were on the Freeman bandwagon.

I've learned that "expert" is just a fancy way of labeling someone with an opinion that's no better or worse than anyone else, but just gets paid for that opinion.
Remember, this is for fantasy football, not real football.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-02-2012, 01:37 AM

It's hard to argue this list with the exception of romo

Drez
06-02-2012, 01:40 AM

Why? I'm not into FFB, but Romo usually puts up very nice stats. I'd imagine he does well in fantasy.

Flip Empty
06-02-2012, 02:47 AM

Why? I'm not into FFB, but Romo usually puts up very nice stats. I'd imagine he does well in fantasy.

Yeah Romo's usually pretty good value. He tends to come off the board in the mid rounds and is generally very reliable.

bigblue58
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM

[:O]* oh oh "let the cat RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG!!!"

Ah yes...the Fantasy LEAGUE...not to be confused with the fantasy LAND where Cowgirl and Egirl fans live!

jakegibbs
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Fantasy smantasy who gives a hoot. It's all about playoff wins & SB rings right?

Manstache
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM

[:O]* oh oh "let the cat RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG!!!"
yea, 1. and after we draw even with him in titles this year there will be no debate. the bottom line is knuckle chunks, and claiming 2 head on against brady makes killer ELIte 2nd....for now.