PDA

View Full Version : Brown and Bennett

Bones911
06-01-2012, 03:47 PM
per rotoworld:

The NFL has lifted Giants RB Andre Brown's four-game suspension.
Brown was accused of violating the league's PED policy, but he only tested positive for Adderall, which he's been using since he came into the league. Brown, 25, used the offseason to gain weight in an effort to become the Giants' "next Brandon Jacobs." He broke in as a 224-pound back, and is up to 240.

Giants TE Martellus Bennett ballooned from 265 pounds to 291 for the start of OTAs.
"That's probably a little too big for his legs to carry," quipped TEs coach Mike Pope. It's a hardly a surprise that Bennett is sitting out practices with hamstring issues. Bennett has breakout potential in an offense that has maximized mediocre talents at the position, but he can't afford to miss the reps in a new system. The JaMarcus Russell-sized weight gain will do nothing to quell concerns that football isn't Bennett's top priority.

Now IMO The Brown weight I'm hoping is muscle which could be a good thing but also slow down his speed.

The Bennett weight gain KILLS ME! That is pure laziness and fat. I bet he didn't even work out once. here is a great opportunity and your blowing it. Instead of getting invites for Dancing with the Stars your gonna appear on the Biggest Loser. Dumbass!

midnite_nj
06-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I read the article on ESPN's site and was a little disappointed in Bennett being so over weight. He has a chance to make something out of his career and he looks like he should be with the defensive tackles in the meeting rooms. I know its early but get your hamstring right as stated in article, and get your big *** in shape, and prove to everyone that you can become a star in the right system, which is ours.

BlueJayC
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
290!?!?!?!? Holy moly.......</P>

One of the knocks on him was his laziness....let's hope Pope can whip him into shape.</P>

G-Man67
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
somewhere i hear a Cowboy fan snickering

Breezely
06-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I believe that I read on someone's elses post that Pope was very unhappy with the tight ends performance.

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Jesus. He'll be able to slot in at guard.

Looks like the criticisms levelled at him were warranted. A shame.

GameTime
06-01-2012, 07:04 PM
why does Brown want to be so big. he cant even stay healthy at 225. Not a good move IMO.
Bennet......fat ******* better get his act togther. He wants to step out from behind the 2nd string he better put down the pizza and cake......

Dope

AllTuckedUp
06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
why does Brown want to be so big. he cant even stay healthy at 225. Not a good move IMO.
Bennet......fat ******* better get his act togther. He wants to step out from behind the 2nd string he better put down the pizza and cake......

Dope

He is doing what is best for the team. Allow him to give it a shot as a big bruiser.

Rat_bastich
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I can see it now. Coach Pope is up at the dry erase board drawing up where he wants the tight-ends to line up and Bennett is sitting in the corner sucking down a meatball sub...probably one Tuck talked him into getting.

So the blame clearly lies on Tuck.

miked1958
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
somewhere i hear a Cowboy fan snickeringWill see who is laughing in the end

bigjeep
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
somewhere i hear a Cowboy fan snickeringWill see who is laughing in the end

At the end of a meatball sub?

PS -- I hear he also likes snickers!

JJC7301
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
His teammates need to rip him a new one and let him know that laziness won't be tolerated.

If he's not in game shape by the start of the season, the FO and TC should cut him IMO.

YATittle1962
06-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I believe that I read on someone's elses post that Pope was very unhappy with the tight ends performance.

he was more unhappy with the CBA guidelines concerning OTAs and the restrictions they present

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Tight-End-Coach-Mike-Pope/160706f5-405f-4ddb-a532-9c606d3f2d52

MattyD21
06-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Woah Brown at 240?? i remember seeing him at camp last year and me being bigger than him (5'11 180)

redbeardxxv
06-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Maybe the Cowboys knew something we didn't.... hope he get into shape- he needs to have a big impact for us AND for himself. Dude needs to get his head right. Incidently, now I want a meatball sub... and good Italian food is hard to come by in FL.... gotta cook it myself if I want it done right....

Flip Empty
06-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Maybe the Cowboys knew something we didn't....
Everyone knew about his lack of work ethic. The Giants wanted to give him a shot anyway. That pick-up has always been viewed as boom or bust.