PDA

View Full Version : YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
My favorite player will now likely retire a Giant!

12+ sacks this year for Osi book it!

Opposing QB's beware [:D]

titwio
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM

I'm not sure he's likely to retire a Giant with this deal....it's more like an increased salary through 2012.

BigBlue1971
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM

</P>

</P>

im happy Osi is finally on board! that signing prolly put lumps in the throats of all opponents. </P>

at least we can go into camp with no distractions or angry players.</P>

NYGiants2120
06-01-2012, 06:26 PM

I am very happy dont get me wrong but this doesnt mean he will retire a giant... just means hes happy for just THIS year. stil a free agent in march

giantsfan420
06-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Its anything but definite osi retires a giant, although i cant see how this would hurt. Who knows where the two sides r at next offseason

NYG4lifeNYK
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I got wrong info I guess.... so he's still a FA next season?

Do you think we would of restructured him this season if we didn't plan on giving him a new contract next season?

I hope we lock him up......

myles2424
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Trade him for a 3rd rounder!!!! < red....

NYGiants2120
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Do you think we would of restructured him this season if we didn't plan on giving him a new contract next season?

oh I agree man but think of it like this, just how much room are we gonna have next year? and No offense i dont see osi passing up a better deal from other teams to stay here, so hopefully no other teams attempt to over pay him. I want him to retire a Giant.

radar-ray
06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Trade him for a 3rd rounder!!!! &lt; red....Right, where are all those brain surgeons now!!! Don't see those Osi bashers around now that JR &amp; Osi worked it out, which was the prudent thing to do for both parties..

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Trade him for a 3rd rounder!!!! < red....
I still can't believe they didn't use him to trade up for Trent Richardson. So stupid.

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Maybe not. Let's see where we are at the end of the season.

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Trade him for a 3rd rounder!!!! &lt; red....
I still can't believe they didn't use him to trade up for Trent Richardson. So stupid.

If their target is repeating, and I think it is, they need Osi this season.

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM

I think the right question is does Osi want to test FA next season? I suspect that's why there was no extension and we know one had been offered. Osi apparently wanted a one time payday, and he's got it. I would not be surprised if this is his last season as a GIANT.

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 08:40 PM

I think the right question is does Osi want to test FA next season? I suspect that's why there was no extension and we know one had been offered. Osi apparently wanted a one time payday, and he's got it. I would not be surprised if this is his last season as a GIANT.

fletch842
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
it depends on the restructuring. It seems uncertain if they just upped next year, or upped the guaranteed money on the last extension offer. Guess we'll find out in due time. Either way, it's good to have this distraction behind us, and Osi "all in".

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM
it depends on the restructuring. It seems uncertain if they just upped next year, or upped the guaranteed money on the last extension offer. Guess we'll find out in due time. Either way, it's good to have this distraction behind us, and Osi "all in".

It seems certain his contract was not "extended."

BeatYale
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM

It means he will STFU for the rest of this season and won't hold out which would become a distraction for the team. We lost one of our rotation DE's in free agency, Osi isn't expendable this year.

Tuck was back to usual self when he got healthy towards the end of the season, and he bleeds blue. JPP is possibly the next coming of Strahan. I think strong arguments can be made for both of these guys being the best at their position in the NFL. DE is an expensive position ranking right behind QB's in average NFL salaries.

The Giants also have a knack for developing DE's lately. With that said why give a long term deal to an aging player, with a surgically repaired knee, that cries to the media about the way the team treats him, a long term deal? It's just not a Giants thing to do.

I think he'll hit free agency next year.

MattyD21
06-02-2012, 03:03 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

GmenFan1980
06-02-2012, 04:10 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlAU6VA1OeBFO7znKuOIIVpUOPdRdLA 3-v0l7Dq-PVfKtX_o2WbA

Toadofsteel
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
All right Osi, you got your money. Now will you please shut up and play the game?

jakegibbs
06-02-2012, 10:28 AM

HUH? I thought it was only a 1 year deal & OSI's 30 years old right? Is he going to retire @ age 31? When did he say that? Got a link?

jomo
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
It is all good until we need a mid season replacement for an injured player and have our options limited because of cap constraints. I am happy to have this one put to bed but don't ignore the bigger picture. It is all about repeating. Go Blue!!

Dorkasaurus
06-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Any link to the detail of the restructing of the contract. If they Giants did restructure they should have added on a year or two....why just play him more for a year, they needed to get something in return.

Redeyejedi
06-02-2012, 10:38 AM

He will retire if a Giant as long as he takes a fair Multi year deal. If he is willing to take 4 years 28 -30 Million he will be a Giant. if he goes out looking for a payday in upwards of that he will be gone. Osi should look art the big picture. If the Giants sign him to a 4 year 30 million dollar deal with 15 guaranteed he will see the whole deal.Another team may give him 10 million a year with similar guaranteed money to the Giants and cut him before year 3 and his open market value will be a lot less. These guys I dont think take that into consideration all the time.