PDA

View Full Version : Osi highest paid DE?

Red Dog
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
whatever raise he got pays him for a partial season because if this year is as others he'll only play half a season.

NYG4lifeNYK
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
What...?

Is this an attempt to label Osi as injury prone? Because if so he's anything but that.

Red Dog
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
yes

RoanokeFan
06-01-2012, 08:42 PM
whatever raise he got pays him for a partial season because if this year is as others he'll only play half a season.

We need to give this BS a rest now. The team and Osi got what they wanted. It's done.

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 08:45 PM
We need to give this BS a rest now.*
Agreed. I thought people would be relieved. Guess not.

Giants fans: Never happy

NYG4lifeNYK
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
yes

Ok, was just making sure that you're an idiot[:D]

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
whoops. Accidental post.

Flip Empty
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM

miked1958
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM

We need to give this BS a rest now.* The team and Osi got what they wanted.* It's done.
Agreed now let's move on

JJC7301
06-02-2012, 12:48 AM

We need to give this BS a rest now.* The team and Osi got what they wanted.* It's done.

+1. Heck, if anything I was hoping that he was extended a few years and not just given a raise for this 1 year.

BlueBlooded1979
06-02-2012, 03:59 AM

+1. Heck, if anything I was hoping that he was extended a few years and not just given a raise for this 1 year.

You are absolutely correct on that. They should have gotten at least an extra year instead of giving him a bonus and voidable year (gotta love dead money on the 2013 cap and no franchise option)

Outside of intangible nonsense what did the Giants get out of this deal ?

Diamondring
06-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I think I have seen something like this before. I have seen some players agree to reconstruct contract, but never come to a conclusion.

NY_Eli
06-02-2012, 07:46 AM

You are absolutely correct on that. They should have gotten at least an extra year instead of giving him a bonus and voidable year (gotta love dead money on the 2013 cap and no franchise option)

They gave one of the best DEs in the NFL, and a staple of the Giants franchise for the past decade, some of the money he rightfully deserved.

What's wrong with that?

since55
06-02-2012, 07:47 AM

Screwd. Big time.

Latinoshockeyfan
06-02-2012, 09:14 AM

Sounds like a lot of it is bonuses he could get. He should have a huge year if he wants the entire 7 million I'm reading he can get.

Duckdownman
06-02-2012, 09:38 AM

I'll look it up but I believe after his rookie year he played 16 games all but 2 seasons (last year and don't remember the other). This is not a dig but I always scratch my head when people make the injury prone case against Osi, it simply isn't true and I wonder if people that make this claim are actually watching the games.

bigblue58
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM

HERE HERE!
The deal is done and I'm happier than a pig in slop!!!

Redeyejedi
06-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Outside of intangible nonsense what did the Giants get out of this deal ? The Dead Money would be Max 1.5 Million. Would u rather this be drawn out over the entire pre season the non stop "?"s about Osi. Its over now to next off season. Giants will be reloading a little after this year when they start shedding some players to pay Paul ,Cruz and Nicks. Might as well go in and try to repeat with all hands on deck this season

jakegibbs
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Don't really matter does it, all they have to do to recup the extra money is jack up the ticket prices or the parking prices.

As long as OSI's happy & the front office is happy then that should make all the fans happy too right?

FBomb
06-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Training camp can't start soon enough.

RoanokeFan
06-03-2012, 03:44 PM

We need to give this BS a rest now. The team and Osi got what they wanted. It's done.

I think Osi sees FA as his last hoorah. His final chance at a HUGE contract. I don't think he is interested in an extension now. I think he may be kidding himself, but he's entitled to go for it and we'll see how it all turns out.

RoanokeFan
06-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Training camp can't start soon enough.

AMEN to that

GeoGoGo
06-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Screwd. Big time.

Moron.

burier
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm glad Osi got his deal done. Everyone is happy.

But I don't understand why people are jumping on a poster for suggesting Osi is going to miss games. HE IS!

He's got chronic knee issues and is known for not being activated until he feels as close to 100% as possible. He shut it down for several weeks last season due to a sprain.

It is what it is.

Drez
06-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm glad Osi got his deal done. Everyone is happy.

But I don't understand why people are jumping on a poster for suggesting Osi is going to miss games. HE IS!

He's got chronic knee issues and is known for not being activated until he feels as close to 100% as possible. He shut it down for several weeks last season due to a sprain.

It is what it is.
Only 3 times since his rookie season has Osi not played an entire season (2006, 2008, 2011).

Facts. Don't let them get in the way of your opinions.

slipknottin
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
They should have gotten at least an extra year instead of giving him a bonus and voidable year (gotta love dead money on the 2013 cap and no franchise option)

There is no dead money from a voided year.

All of Osi's contract will hit this coming season. What the voidable year does do is put half the cap hit up front, and the other half at the end of the season.

And the franchise tag is still an option. Though with how little cap space this team has, its not really an option anyway.

Gimaniac
06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
They should have gotten at least an extra year instead of giving him a bonus and voidable year (gotta love dead money on the 2013 cap and no franchise option)

There is no dead money from a voided year.

All of Osi's contract will hit this coming season. What the voidable year does do is put half the cap hit up front, and the other half at the end of the season.

And the franchise tag is still an option. Though with how little cap space this team has, its not really an option anyway.

Not sure about the cap hit. $1M is voidable next year (Which really means he will get $6M this year).

Why would they take a $1M cap hit without giving him the $$ ?

G-Man67
06-08-2012, 02:54 PM
yeah i wouldnt call Osi injury prone</P>

he had the one big injury where he missed the entire season and really his issues last season were related to that big injury ... i believe it was the same knee</P>

Tuck is actually more injury prone b/c he has the nagging shoulder deal that goes back to his college days</P>

slipknottin
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Not sure about the cap hit. $1M is voidable next year (Which really means he will get $6M this year).

They arent taking a 1 mil cap hit.

Its a voided year. Voided years dont count towards the cap or are due in salary.

The only reason that voided year is on there is because the 6mil salary cap of Osi's contract now is split up, 3 mil at the beginning of this season, and another 3 mil at the end.

It gives them time to release/restructure another players deal before the end of the season and final salary cap compliance is due.

There is absolutely NO salary cap hit next year.

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Its a voided year. Voided years dont count towards the cap or are due in salary.

The only reason that voided year is on there is because the 6mil salary cap of Osi's contract now is split up, 3 mil at the beginning of this season, and another 3 mil at the end.

It gives them time to release/restructure another players deal before the end of the season and final salary cap compliance is due.

Maybe someone can fill me in, i thought this was osis last congract yr...what is all this next season voided/cap hit next yr talk? I dont get how anything about osis contract would have any effect on anything next yr

slipknottin
06-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Maybe someone can fill me in, i thought this was osis last congract yr...what is all this next season voided/cap hit next yr talk? I dont get how anything about osis contract would have any effect on anything next yr

There is a 1 year 1 million dollar voidable year on Osi's contract for next season. Which is guaranteed to be voided.

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 07:24 PM

There is a 1 year 1 million dollar voidable year on Osi's contract for next season. Which is guaranteed to be voided.
so technically he has another yr on the contract? Who has the void option? The fo or osi?

slipknottin
06-08-2012, 07:40 PM
so technically he has another yr on the contract? Who has the void option? The fo or osi?

Neither has the option. Its guaranteed to be voided.

IE. "this portion of the contract is automatically voided after december 1st" or something like that.

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 10:48 PM

Neither has the option. Its guaranteed to be voided.

IE. "this portion of the contract is automatically voided after december 1st" or something like that.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info

miked1958
06-09-2012, 02:08 AM

U are right. Now let's move on

Gimaniac
06-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Thanks slip, you make more sense than most reporters.

So after all the commotion, Osi gets $6M instead of the $4.7 he would have gotten(with incentives).

- Reese is a genius
- Osi is "all in"
- Tuck and JPP got his back

Oh boy, this is gonna be great.

http://i.imgur.com/zualq.jpg