PDA

View Full Version : How do you think our rushing game will be this year?

AllTuckedUp
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm still quite embarrassed that we were 32nd last year. I think our starting offensive line this year should be:

Beatty-Diehl-Baas-Snee-Brewer.

If Bradshaw can stay healthy and Wilson is productive we can have a stellar run game. Teams will focus on our air attack, which will allow us to move the chains easily. If we can run the ball we will be a lot more consistent. Consistency is what this team is missing.

NYGiants2120
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
we really wont know until preseason, im a little worried but we will see

miked1958
06-01-2012, 09:30 PM
we really wont know until preseason, im a little worried but we will seeThink it all has to do with the Oline. Production was down last season due to the Line. If the Line is better we will be okay

zimonami
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
We all know that OL takes talent, but more imortant, I think, is technique, chemistry and familiarity... how to work with the man next to you to create a hole.
Last year was the worst run blocking line I can remember in 35-40 years. Guys unfamiliar with how to work together. It was horrible.
I don't think we have trememndous individual talent, so they will be forced to work together to make it work.
It can't be worse than last year... it can only get better. But, how much better? The '86 OL was similar... not tremendously great individual blockers. It took about 3 years for them to get it, but it was awesome in '86. Morris had holes the size of cadillacs at times.
I don't know if these guys can do the same.

allentown PA
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
We all know that OL takes talent, but more imortant, I think, is technique, chemistry and familiarity... how to work with the man next to you to create a hole.
Last year was the worst run blocking line I can remember in 35-40 years. Guys unfamiliar with how to work together. It was horrible.
I don't think we have trememndous individual talent, so they will be forced to work together to make it work.
It can't be worse than last year... it can only get better. But, how much better? The '86 OL was similar... not tremendously great individual blockers. It took about 3 years for them to get it, but it was awesome in '86. Morris had holes the size of cadillacs at times.

great post zim..agreed it can't be any worse and I think it will be much improved...a healthy baas,I think boothe looked great late last year..snee is a stud...beatty and D.D will be a vital part to the running game...but I think with petrus and maybe brewer we have some options...excited to see the first round pick wilson as well.

Bohemian
06-01-2012, 10:35 PM
All that I know, is that it better improve dramatically, because putting so much pressure on Eli is really unfair. The team has to be able to find a way to become more balanced.

The potential is there for great improvement.

scf424
06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd be fine if we could average 110-120 yards on the ground per game.

AllTuckedUp
06-01-2012, 10:47 PM

That isn't bad at all.

zimonami
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM

great post zim..agreed it can't be any worse and I think it will be much improved...a healthy baas,I think boothe looked great late last year..snee is a stud...beatty and D.D will be a vital part to the running game...but I think with petrus and maybe brewer we have some options...excited to see the first round pick wilson as well.
I think Baas is key. I have no idea if this guy can play. Like you say, he wasn't healthy, so he gets a bit of a pass... but, he needs to show us something early on, and to be a solid, dependable anchor for the rest of the guys.

gumby742
06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
If we don't block any better than last year, it won't matter who we have back there.

scf424
06-01-2012, 11:16 PM

That isn't bad at all.

It's about average. But look at what Eli and co. did without a run game. Imagine if he had a legitimate run game to go play action off of?

The pass blocking was ok for the most part, and Eli is one of the best play action QBs in the game.

lawl
06-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't think our run game matters any more

Rat_bastich
06-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Since it was our weakness in 2011, it will be our strength in 2012. Seems that is the way it goes for us.

buddy33
06-02-2012, 12:03 AM
There was a game this season where they where showing the Giants rushing stats since TC has been the head coach. I want to say they where always ranked in the top 5 as a rushing team since he was a coach with the exception of last year when they where the worst. That's some drop off.

Drez
06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm still quite embarrassed that we were 32nd last year. I think our starting offensive line this year should be:

If Bradshaw can stay healthy and Wilson is productive we can have a stellar run game. Teams will focus on our air attack, which will allow us to move the chains easily. If we can run the ball we will be a lot more consistent. Consistency is what this team is missing.
Boothe over Diehl at LG.

Drez
06-02-2012, 12:11 AM
There was a game this season where they where showing the Giants rushing stats since TC has been the head coach. I want to say they where always ranked in the top 5 as a rushing team since he was a coach with the exception of last year when they where the worst. That's some drop off.
I think maybe that stat was for ypc, not total rushing yards. But, still, damned impressive... Until last year... lol

giantsfan420
06-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Drez- it was both ypc and ypg from like 07 to 09 top five. 2010 was still a top ten iirc but last yr was obviously the worst under any tc coached team

Drez
06-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Drez- it was both ypc and ypg from like 07 to 09 top five. 2010 was still a top ten iirc but last yr was obviously the worst under any tc coached team
Very well could be.

Neverend
06-02-2012, 12:56 AM
http://s16.postimage.org/rclnzt6yd/vlcsnap_2012_06_01_23h46m35s94.png

--

hopefully we return to form in 2012

Drez
06-02-2012, 01:22 AM
http://s16.postimage.org/rclnzt6yd/vlcsnap_2012_06_01_23h46m35s94.png

--

hopefully we return to form in 2012

Holy smallness, Batman. I even opened up the link and went up 9 steps in magnification and had trouble reading it. Yes, it was for both ypc and ypg.

Neverend
06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Lmao, dude it's not what you think, NBC broadcast highlighted that themselves in yellow -- not me

Drez
06-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Lmao, dude it's not what you think, NBC broadcast highlighted that themselves in yellow -- not me
I know. The pic itself is small, lol. That's all I was commenting on. Nice find. Do you have Rewind or just google it up?

buddy33
06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Good find. I didn't want to exaggerate but I knew it was bad.

I like seeing Eli pass the ball, but I also like it when they pound the ball with the running game. It would be great if they could gain a little more balance this way it will help protect Eli a bit as well.

chasjay
06-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't think we'll have a dominant ground game, but I do think we'll get back to at least average with the rest of the league. I think the new personnel mix was hurt by the lack of time to work together before the season last year. Plus, I'm sure the staff will have extra focus on improving the ground game. If the RB's can stay healthy, I don't think we'll be as worried about 3rd and short this year.

AllTuckedUp
06-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Boothe over Diehl at LG.

I can see that. I would like to give Diehl a shot at starting LG though first.

JesseJames
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
our O line has to do a much better job at run blocking and if that happens our run game will take off...our O line was absolutely terrible in run blocking last year..

hugehomer
06-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Diehl stinks at guard. No thanks We can only hope he is a backup this year.

Drez
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Boothe over Diehl at LG.

I can see that. I would like to give Diehl a shot at starting LG though first.
Diehl was awful at LG last season. Sure, some of that was Baas not doing well and the line needing to gel, but I'd much rather make Diehl compete for the RT position and let Boothe take LG. Boothe has done fairly well there and I believe deserves the start.

Drez
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for resizing that. Was way small before. [B]

ShakeNBake
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM

I'm more concerned with the o-line than the talent we have at the RB position, which IMO is adequate. IMO the key to the running games success is the health and consistency of our o-line, I think that if Bradshaw stays healthy we should be fine at the RB position.

jomo
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm still quite embarrassed that we were 32nd last year. I think our starting offensive line this year should be: Beatty-Diehl-Baas-Snee-Brewer. If Bradshaw can stay healthy and Wilson is productive we can have a stellar run game. Teams will focus on our air attack, which will allow us to move the chains easily. If we can run the ball we will be a lot more consistent. Consistency is what this team is missing.

I'm more concerned with the o-line than the talent we have at the RB position, which IMO is adequate. IMO the key to the running games success is the health and consistency of our o-line, I think that if Bradshaw stays healthy we should be fine at the RB position.
Agree