PDA

View Full Version : What is a reasonable price to pay for a ticket to Eagles/Giants in Philly?

GiantRutgersFan
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
They are asking around $185 a piece on stubhub and i need four.

Its week 4, Sunday night football.

Should I pull the trigger or will these come down if I wait?

SweetZombieJesus
06-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Division rival in prime time? I'd say they won't come down, but then again some of the older crowd may dump 'em so they don't have to deal with being up late before a work day; we just tend to let thousands of enemy fans get their hands on tickets for prime time games.

Let's hear some other opinions.

EDIT: Whoops, missed that it's in Philly

bigjeep
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM
They are asking around $185 a piece on stubhub and i need four.*

Its week 4, Sunday night football.*

You cannot put a price on tickets for the Eagle/Giants games.

Bread
06-02-2012, 01:29 PM

This is coming from a Philly fan.

Just stay home. Don't understand why opposing fans havent gotten that yet.

GiantRutgersFan
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM

I will be there wearing blue.

Bread
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM

I will be there wearing blue.*

This isn't Buffalo. Some of our fans are thugs and gangsters. It will be at night against a hated division rival but if you insist on going, good tickets are expensive as **** here. You should wait until the game nears to get them from a rushed seller on stubhub.

Toadofsteel
06-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Are you insane? Philly has the only fanbase in the world that has needed a courtroom installed in their stadium (granted that was the old one, but still)...

I pray for your safety against the horde of eagles...

Bread
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM

Are you insane? Philly has the only fanbase in the world that has needed a courtroom installed in their stadium (granted that was the old one, but still)...

I pray for your safety against the horde of eagles...

OP, If you go you'll end up being miserable, bitter and jaded like this guy.

jomo
06-02-2012, 04:57 PM

This is coming from a Philly fan. Just stay home. Don't understand why opposing fans havent gotten that yet.

I will be there wearing blue.

Are you insane? Philly has the only fanbase in the world that has needed a courtroom installed in their stadium (granted that was the old one, but still)... I pray for your safety against the horde of eagles...It is actually alot of fun, I've been to more than a few of them. With a little luck, we'll be on top during the game. Then the fun begins. Watch the green jerseys turn on their team and each other. Then on the ride home, listen to Phillysports talk radio. It makes the ride home so enjoyable as you listen to the hysterical callers scream for Reid's scalp and Vick's replacement. </P>

Go there and enjoy it!</P>

GIANTSACK
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Its not as bad as people say it is. I been to last year and the one b4 . They had undercover police and extra security all over the stadium. The stadium was silent after Vick got knocked out the game. Its was priceless. Under 200 for tickets? Jump on it

davecrazy
06-02-2012, 10:14 PM
wait till the end of the summer when the season ticket holders actually have the tickets in hand.

GMENAGAIN
06-03-2012, 08:55 AM
I lasted about 30 minutes during the tailgate in Philly last year and then was asked to leave by police for being disruptive and public intoxication ( me and 3 other guys (gmen fans)) the 1 cop told us he was "saving our *****es" Mind you we our all in our 20's and were ready to rumble</P>

You and your friends are the kinds of idiots that ruin the games for families and people who just want to enjoy the game.</P>

I'm glad you got thrown out. Too bad they didn't tase your nutstoo.</P>

Jet-Blue
06-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I lasted about 30 minutes during the tailgate in Philly last year and then was asked to leave by police for being disruptive and public intoxication ( me and 3 other guys (gmen fans)) the 1 cop told us he was "saving our *****es" Mind you we our all in our 20's and were ready to rumble</P>

You and your friends are the kinds of idiots that ruin the games for families and people who just want to enjoy the game.</P>

I'm glad you got thrown out.* Too bad they didn't tase your nuts*too.</P>

This just proves there are thugs from all fan bases.

davecrazy
06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
I've tailgated in Philly wearing Giants stuff more then once and other then the usual "you suck" stuff, nobody has harassed me or my friends, much less threatened anything physical.

Harooni
06-04-2012, 08:46 AM
expect at least 150 and a cup of beer thrown at you

nygsb42champs
06-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Depends on where the seats are. But honestly $185 each is not bad.

sg92
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree with the above -- it depends on where the seats are, but NFL tickets (particularly for a rivalry game like this) are not cheap. I think we paid around $300 for 30 yard line lower level seats last year. $185 sounds about right for average seats. For what it's worth, I did notice that prices on stub hub dropped in the last week or two before the game, so you could try to wait to get a better deal -- but the peace of mind you'll have knowing you're locked in is probably worth the $30 you might save by waiting.

Regarding the fans in Philly -- last year was a 1:00 game, and it wasn't bad at all. There was a little friendly r***ing, but we never felt intimidated. That said, the guys behind us (who were Eagles fans, but friendly) said we were lucky to choose a 1:00 game. They said the later the game, the worse the crowd. Night games mean long tailgates, which tends to bring out the worst in people.....

greenca190
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm glad you got thrown out.* Too bad they didn't tase your nuts*too.</P>

This just proves there are thugs from all fan bases.

I saw the Reds play the Yankees a couple weeks ago when they were in town. I am a Yankees fan and ended up with beer on me at some point. The beer was aimed at three or four Hispanics next to me. So yeah, New York definitely has some ****ty fans every now and then, as well.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-04-2012, 11:40 AM

This is coming from a Philly fan. Just stay home. Don't understand why opposing fans havent gotten that yet.

Are you insane? Philly has the only fanbase in the world that has needed a courtroom installed in their stadium (granted that was the old one, but still)... I pray for your safety against the horde of eagles...It is actually alot of fun, I've been to more than a few of them. With a little luck, we'll be on top during the game. Then the fun begins. Watch the green jerseys turn on their team and each other. Then on the ride home, listen to Philly*sports talk radio. It makes the ride home so enjoyable as you listen to the hysterical callers scream for Reid's scalp and Vick's replacement. </P>

Me and my rugby buddies go every year and wear our blue. My friend has a t shirt he made especially for the occasion. It has a picture of an empty trophy case and it reads "Eagle's trophy case". Then the 8 of us fight all of the filth in filthadelphia. We never start it either. People taunt us and get in our faces and we are all big dudes. We always say "you can stop or we can throw down, your choice." When they choose to throw down they tend to regret it but most of the idiots there in filthy have at least the 45 IQ required to decide not to fight us. Haven't gotten arrested yet but so far we beat the **** out of a lot of filthy thugs. NYC thugs > Filthy thugs. Filthy can't even compete and I'm old. Filthadelphia is laughable at best. It really is the worst place on the planet. I'd rather live in South Sudan or Darfur than that POS city. I ****ing hate that city.

Bread
06-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Are you insane? Philly has the only fanbase in the world that has needed a courtroom installed in their stadium (granted that was the old one, but still)... I pray for your safety against the horde of eagles...It is actually alot of fun, I've been to more than a few of them. With a little luck, we'll be on top during the game. Then the fun begins. Watch the green jerseys turn on their team and each other. Then on the ride home, listen to Philly*sports talk radio. It makes the ride home so enjoyable as you listen to the hysterical callers scream for Reid's scalp and Vick's replacement. </P>

Me and my rugby buddies go every year and wear our blue. My friend has a t shirt he made especially for the occasion. It has a picture of an empty trophy case and it reads "Eagle's trophy case". Then the 8 of us fight all of the filth in filthadelphia. We never start it either. People taunt us and get in our faces and we are all big dudes. We always say "you can stop or we can throw down, your choice." When they choose to throw down they tend to regret it but most of the idiots there in filthy have at least the 45 IQ required to decide not to fight us. Haven't gotten arrested yet but so far we beat the **** out of a lot of filthy thugs. NYC thugs > Filthy thugs. Filthy can't even compete and I'm old. Filthadelphia is laughable at best. It really is the worst place on the planet. I'd rather live in South Sudan or Darfur than that POS city. I ****ing hate that city. You're so cool! I would certainly never want to anger you, you cool, tough guy, you!

sg92
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Me and my rugby buddies go every year and wear our blue. My friend has a t shirt he made especially for the occasion. It has a picture of an empty trophy case and it reads "Eagle's trophy case". Then the 8 of us fight all of the filth in filthadelphia. We never start it either. People taunt us and get in our faces and we are all big dudes. We always say "you can stop or we can throw down, your choice." When they choose to throw down they tend to regret it but most of the idiots there in filthy have at least the 45 IQ required to decide not to fight us. Haven't gotten arrested yet but so far we beat the **** out of a lot of filthy thugs. NYC thugs > Filthy thugs. Filthy can't even compete and I'm old. Filthadelphia is laughable at best. It really is the worst place on the planet. I'd rather live in South Sudan or Darfur than that POS city. I ****ing hate that city.

Obviously we have our own sub-culture of low-class thugs.

Bread
06-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Obviously we have our own sub-culture of low-class thugs.Yup. I have encountered some real losers on this board.

TrueBlue@NYC
06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
A kidney and your seond born (first born's reserved for playoffs only) should do the trick.

MikeIsaGiant
06-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Don't buy tickets in Philly.

You might get raped and get them stolen

Manstache
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
u should be lucky the champs are coming to bless that dump in pennsylvania with our presence, thats the only way you guys will see a strap in your building, cuz we'll be wearing ours. as for your signature, it coulda been a coin flip to see who left the east, you guys or the cards. neither 1 of ya have a title anyway. smh. you both were giving the division a black eye, kinda like how the bills embarass the afc east and the chargers dont have anything to lean on in the afc west. it has to suck being a bottom of the barrel loser, i wouldn't know tho. have a good day also bruh. hail eli.

Bread
06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Yup. I have encountered some real losers on this board.

u should be lucky the champs are coming to bless that dump in pennsylvania with our presence, thats the only way you guys will see a strap in your building, cuz we'll be wearing ours. as for your signature, it coulda been a coin flip to see who left the east, you guys or the cards. neither 1 of ya have a title anyway. smh. you both were giving the division a black eye, kinda like how the bills embarass the afc east and the chargers dont have anything to lean on in the afc west. it has to suck being a bottom of the barrel loser, i wouldn't know tho. have a good day also bruh. hail eli.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Obviously we have our own sub-culture of low-class thugs.Yup. I have encountered some real losers on this board.

Low class is here

Then the lowest class (everything filthadelphia) is about a mile below this.

Bread
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Low class is here

Apparantly you're from "Filthadelphia" then.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Low class is here

And that would be the ultimate insult. "Are you from Philadelphia?" Bone crunching, skin crawling insult man. Anyone who wears philly on their sleeve proudly needs to be in a mental ward.

Go back to your ***les boards and your other philly boards where the only icon you guys can look up to for greatness is a fictional boxer. As for me, I'm going to stay here on this website while simultaneously grabbing another beer from my fridge and talk **** about the filth, including yourself, from philadelphia. And when the time comes, unlike the people of philly, I will back up everything I say when I need to.

I'll PM you my address and you can come to NYC and come to my place and I'll come down and take you out for a drink so you can marvel at my higher socio-economic status, higher education, and brawn for yourself.

Bread
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Low class is here

And that would be the ultimate insult. "Are you from Philadelphia?" Bone crunching, skin crawling insult man. Anyone who wears philly on their sleeve proudly needs to be in a mental ward.

Go back to your ***les boards and your other philly boards where the only icon you guys can look up to for greatness is a fictional boxer. As for me, I'm going to stay here on this website while simultaneously grabbing another beer from my fridge and talk **** about the filth, including yourself, from philadelphia. And when the time comes, unlike the people of philly, I will back up everything I say when I need to.

I'll PM you my address and you can come to NYC and come to my place and I'll come down and take you out for a drink so you can marvel at my higher socio-economic status, higher education, and brawn for yourself.Dude, you are literally old enough to be my father. I have absolutely zero interest in arguing, hanging out, fighting or E-Flexing with you. I just come here to talk football and interact with other fans. Jeez.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-05-2012, 06:01 PM

Low class is here

I'll PM you my address and you can come to NYC and come to my place and I'll come down and take you out for a drink so you can marvel at my higher socio-economic status, higher education, and brawn for yourself.Dude, you are literally old enough to be my father. I have absolutely no interest in arguing, hanging out, fighting or E-Flexing with you. I just come here to talk football and interact with other fans. Jeez.

which is exactly why you need to go to your philly boards and be with your kind so you can reminisce on your city's only sports icon.. that fictional boxer named Rocky.

As for the city of Philadelphia... it really is just a smelly pile of dog diarrhea.

And I am 45 years young. ;) but age doesn't matter because the Mayans foretold that the world would end this December, and since Snooki's baby is due in December, I would say that the Mayans are probably right.

Bread
06-05-2012, 06:05 PM

Low class is here

I'll PM you my address and you can come to NYC and come to my place and I'll come down and take you out for a drink so you can marvel at my higher socio-economic status, higher education, and brawn for yourself.Dude, you are literally old enough to be my father. I have absolutely no interest in arguing, hanging out, fighting or E-Flexing with you. I just come here to talk football and interact with other fans. Jeez.

which is exactly why you need to go to your philly boards and be with your kind so you can reminisce on your city's only sports icon.. that fictional boxer named Rocky.

As for the city of Philadelphia... it really is just a smelly pile of dog diarrhea.

Uhh...yeah, sure whatever.....

Umm, anyway OP. It's better to wait closer to the game, assuming you live in the NY/NJ area.

sg92
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Anybody else thinking "THE_New_York_Giants" goes about 280, with 80 of that being belly fat?

Him talking smack about Philly fans is like Liza Minelli calling out someone for being ugly.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Anybody else thinking "THE_New_York_Giants" goes about 280, with 80 of that being belly fat?

Him talking smack about Philly fans is like Liza Minelli calling out someone for being ugly.

She was gorgeous in the 60's and 70's... I don't quite understand the analogy... I mean now she's just kind of an old lady, but she does look her age.... I am confused by the previous statement (which may in and of itself prove some kind of point you tried to convey somehow?). Please elaborate.

IMO this is far from ugly..
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;hs=TR6&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&amp;biw=1008&amp;bih=690&amp;tbm=isch&amp;tbnid=mk-mX7aPTX_G4M:&amp;imgrefurl=http://westendwhingers.wordpress.com/category/michael-ball/&amp;docid=0FH1bZN8pz8QfM&amp;imgurl=http://westendwhingers.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/bigshewliza.jpg&amp;w=1500&amp;h=1836&amp;ei=puvPT6-hIMbM2AXcruGzDA&amp;zoom=1&amp;iact=hc&amp;vpx=113&amp;vpy=314&amp;dur =512&amp;hovh=248&amp;hovw=203&amp;tx=85&amp;ty=176&amp;sig=1145193012 85204009476&amp;page=3&amp;tbnh=159&amp;tbnw=149&amp;start=38&amp;ndsp =20&amp;ved=1t:429,r:0,s:38,i:159

her mom was hot as f*** though.

Bread
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM

He said something about him wishing Lebron James being carried out on a stretcher in another thread. Dude is delusional.