PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs back with the Giants? Reports he's not a lock to make the 49ers final roster

NYG4lifeNYK
06-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Just speculation on my part but say he does get cut... you have to think we take him back..no? Was no bad blood he just wanted more money.

That being said, I'd be surprised if he didn't make the team though.

Here's the link: http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=444353

lawl
06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't want him back. Would just steal snaps from guys with much more upside.

NYG4lifeNYK
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Don't want him back. Would just steal snaps from guys with much more upside.

That's just silly talk.

If we want to repeat he would go a LONG way.

Jacobs, Bradshaw, Wilson

Rotation would probably look more like Bradshaw, Wilson, Jacobs and I'm sure he would be fine with that. Or who knows maybe he would go right back into his role.

Either way... start the parade [:D]

NYGiants2120
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
If he'd be willing to just take goal line carries, other than that nah iwould like to develop wilson and let bradshaw get 70% of the carries. Our time with jacobs is over, thanks for the memories 27

gmen0820
06-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Osi is making too much money to afford Jacobs..

See what your one favorite player does to your other? [;)]

Gmen2005
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't want him back on the Giants.

SweetZombieJesus
06-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Jacobs was in decline a few years ago, we moved on (too late in my opinion). Let's stay moved on. We have a shiny new draft pick to play with.

Martyr
06-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd be in flavor for the giants to resign him but I think he'll do well for SF.

bubblesmcgee
06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
i got way too excited when i first read the title. I guess i only read what i wanted to and saw that jacobs was back. oh well

appodictic
06-04-2012, 01:00 AM
You guys are nuts. You would rather have Andre Downandout or Danny Waresthestrenght then Brandon Jacobs? What is the upside of those two? Danny ware has patented the jump chip block....

JimC
06-04-2012, 06:18 AM
That ship has sailed..........let's move on

Firenugget
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM
You guys are nuts. You would rather have Andre Downandout or Danny Waresthestrenght then Brandon Jacobs? What is the upside of those two? Danny ware has patented the jump chip block....

And you would rather have a guy that can't make the roster in SF? o_0

Not to mention you're forgetting a few backs...

Redeyejedi
06-04-2012, 07:32 AM

And you would rather have a guy that can't make the roster in SF? o_0

Not to mention you're forgetting a few backs...
They have some good RB's in SF. better depth thats for sure.It comes down to Dixon or Jacobs for the 49ers. I would keep Dixon because he is younger and cheaper. All Jacobs got guaranteed was 150,000. Should of just ended his career here were he was a lock to make the roster. Dumb move i think.The only saving grace for him is Gore gets hurt frequently.

Shockeystays08
06-04-2012, 08:27 AM
That ship has sailed..........let's move on
+1

Harooni
06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
we thank him and move on to Wilson.

JesseJames
06-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't know how much Jacobs was in decline because so was the O line in their run blocking. Its hard for any back to look good when there aren't any holes to run through. I think the only reason Bradshaw had better numbers is because he hits the hole a little quicker. I think if we fix the run blocking Jacobs would do fine.... and its to Jacobs credit that he never once mentioned the lack of blocking as an excuse..

MikeIsaGiant
06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Weird, when he left I was a little upset that he was gone, but now that I'm reading this, I'm telling myself that I really don't mind if we didn't get him back.

GMENAGAIN
06-04-2012, 10:42 AM

</P>

Well what is the upside of Jacobs at this point?</P>

Toadofsteel
06-04-2012, 10:55 AM

</P>

Honestly, the one thing that Jacobs still has going for him is his ability to punish defenders. You can bet that if he were still on the team this season he would level a few Saints linebackers on the field after that bountygate scandal (especially since several Giants were targets for the bounties). It's almost like being a hockey enforcer...

Other than that though, I like where we're going with Wilson, so I'm not losing any sleep over losing Jacobs.

lawl
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Danny ware and Scott can contribute on sts, Jacobs wouldn't.

#3 rbs need to have STs capabilities

Tommy_Ribs
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I am not hating on Brandon Jacobs, the guy was a great contributor when he was here, and he was part of the solution in his career, and not a problem. He ran for some good yards, and scored a lot of TDs for us.

However, I just don;t think he has a lot left. I hope I am wrong, but it seemed like every time he got into the clear last year and got 6 or 7 yards down field, on his way to a big gain, he got stopped by an ankle tackle. It happend at least ten times last year, and he also failed to pick up MULTIPLE/SEVERAL, 3rd and 1s or 4th and 1a because he would run standing straight up and crash into the line. Last year he did not use his size and/or strength to his advantage.

I do wish him well though because he is a charecter, and when he plays to all of his ability, he really is fun to watch.

GMENAGAIN
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM

</P>

Honestly, the one thing that Jacobs still has going for him is his ability to punish defenders. You can bet that if he were still on the team this season he would level a few Saints linebackers on the field after that bountygate scandal (especially since several Giants were targets for the bounties). It's almost like being a hockey enforcer... Other than that though, I like where we're going with Wilson, so I'm not losing any sleep over losing Jacobs.</P>

Wish he would have punished some people in short yardage situations in the last few years . . . . . the only people who were punished on those short yardage runs were Giants fans!</P>

FBomb
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
eh.....pass.</P>

Die-Hard
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
No thanks. It'll be nice to not have to listen to him run his mouth every week. I was glad he left because of that very reason, and lets be truly honest: The guy is definitely on the downside of his career. Thanks for the memories, but at the same time, good riddance.

bklyn1028
06-04-2012, 05:21 PM
No thanks. It'll be nice to not have to listen to him run his mouth every week. I was glad he left because of that very reason, and lets be truly honest: The guy is definitely on the downside of his career. Thanks for the memories, but at the same time, good riddance.

Ouch!
But you have a good valid point. I, however, miss the lug, and I suppose it's nostalgic.

miked1958
06-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see what the new guys are capable of. Wilson, Scott, brown, joe M

Think Ware is done

fletch842
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I'll be shocked out of my boots if he doesn't make the 49ers.

Pierre-Paul
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I agree. I would be very shocked if he doesn't make the 9ers. Who is the source for this story anyway? Looks like a message board - not a coach.