PDA

View Full Version : The "O" Line

Red Dog
06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Rewatched SF-NYG playoff game again and watch SF D-Line have their way with our O-Line in 2nd half. We won, but Eli was sacked, bumped, and rushed when throwing too many times .

I'm wondering il we have an O-Line to handle teams this year with good pass rush, and open holes for running game?
Will the O-line be the weak link?
Also, which NFL East team playing against us has the best pass rush?

SweetZombieJesus
06-04-2012, 10:52 AM
You just noticed this? Our o-line has been worrisome since 2009.

This also contributed to Jacobs' decline and the only reason Bradshaw prospers is because he makes things happen without great blocking.

Eli was amazing with the beating he took in the NFC CG.

They've been replacing pieces patchwork style. I just hope we can get back to a dominant road-grater O-line or at least one that will keep our QB from getting killed.

timmytimm3
06-04-2012, 11:13 AM
You just noticed this?* Our o-line has been worrisome since 2009.

This also contributed to Jacobs' decline and the only reason Bradshaw prospers is because he makes things happen without great blocking.

Eli was amazing with the beating he took in the NFC CG.*

They've been replacing pieces patchwork style.* I just hope we can get back to a dominant road-grater O-line or at least one that will keep our QB from getting killed.

Eli is one tough SOB.

Red Dog
06-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I noticed in the SF game and of course during the year, but thought draft would lean toward improving. A few think Jacobs won't make it in SF, but I believe he will do all right even tho he had problems getting it done in NY (as stated due to O-Line) how many years does he have left but a couple.

Toadofsteel
06-04-2012, 11:57 AM

They've been replacing pieces patchwork style.* I just hope we can get back to a dominant road-grater O-line or at least one that will keep our QB from getting killed.

Eli is one tough SOB.

Eli is made of freaking nintendium... that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of. You can bang that **** around all day and it still works like nothing happened.

miked1958
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM

I know right

zimonami
06-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I noticed in the SF game and of course during the year, but thought draft would lean toward improving. A few think Jacobs won't make it in SF, but I believe he will do all right even tho he had problems getting it done in NY (as stated due to O-Line) how many years does he have left but a couple.
By now Jacobs legs have got to feel heavier. Last year our OL run blocked worse than any Giant team in 35-40 years. With no initial holes that means He's being hit by DL and LB's, instead of safeties and CB's. Heavy toil. Runners like AB, and Tiki, can juke around a bit and find a hole om occasion. Jacobs doesn't have that light-footedness and quick acceleration when he does see a hole.
It takes a lot of time together for an OL to mesh. Ours hasn;t been stable for 2 years with injuries and changes. It's gonna take a while, I'm afraid.
If Jacobs has trouble makin g SF, I don't see him coming back here... we're still not going to be good enuf this year, at least not for the first half of the season, and Jacobs needs an initial hole to be effective.