PDA

View Full Version : GRR Martin: The Giants are the Starks, the Patriots are the Lannisters

JMFP2
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Love it.</P>

</P>

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/05/30/george.rr.martin/index.html</P>

</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-04-2012, 11:39 AM
LOL, I love this show!!! And this article was friggen amazing

TuckYou
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I have no idea what any of this means.

Strahan4gov
06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
heres what he posted on his website just before the playoffs, was good for a chuckle -

"Everyone in the Seven Kingdoms is excited about the NFL playoffs.

The wildlings and the men of the Night's Watch and even some northmen are all pulling for the Giants, of course. But in the Vale of Arryn and the Mountains of the Moon, they're Falcons fans.

The Lannisters are cheering on Detroit, even if the lion is the wrong color, but some of the smallfolk of Lannisport on its western bay are fond of those 49ers. The High Septon and all the septa and septons and devout of the realm are for the Saints.

The butchers and tanners of King's Landing and Oldtown are behind the Packers, the smiths and armorers are with the Steelers. At the Citadel of Oldtown, the archmaesters and the Conclave are all about the Ravens, but across the narrow sea the khals and Dothraki horselords are screaming and whistling for the Broncos. In Volantis, the tigers are Bengals backers; the elephants are rooting for whoever plays the Bengals.

Nobody anywhere knows what a 'Texan' is, but a few Dornishmen might support them anyway, just to be perverse.

One commonality unites all the Seven Kingdoms, and the lands beyond. Everyone everywhere hates the Patriots, and Evil Little Bill."

Rat_bastich
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
The question is...who is the equivalent of Ned and when does he get his head cut off?

ShakeNBake
06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
If you guys read the books you would know this comparison is not good considering most of them end up being massacred

JPizzack
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
uhhh....</P>

I'm curious to know which Patriot is banging his own sister.....
-__-

this is the most random post ever, but....football fans are everywhere, and I love me some GoT talk!! lol</P>

Rat_bastich
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
uhhh....</P>

-__-

this is the most random post ever, but....football fans are everywhere, and I love me some GoT talk!! lol</P>

Could Giselle be Brady's sister? Is that what you are saying? He looks the closest to that Lannister.

JPizzack
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
uhhh....</P>

-__-

Could Giselle be Brady's sister? Is that what you are saying? He looks the closest to that Lannister.</P>

well....I wasn't implying it....but....wow, now that ya say it!!</P>

lmao</P>

dezzzR
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I have no idea what any of this means.I think he called Eli a nerd.....

MikeIsaGiant
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I think Tom Coughlin is Ned....

pino
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
This comparison makes no sense at all....

TrueBlue@NYC
06-05-2012, 03:09 PM
If you guys read the books you would know this comparison is not good considering most of them end up being massacred

Yeah, while our Giants definitly have the honor and good hearts of the Starks, I don't much wanna think that they'll end up like them.

Rat_bastich
06-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm not worried until the front office starts passing out baby dire wolves.

FroZeNx31x
06-06-2012, 12:32 AM
I have no idea what any of this means.
+1

Pksoze
06-08-2012, 10:15 PM
He is a big sports fan. I had the pleasure of meeting the man and he really loves the Giants he was even complaining about the Giants vs Packers game in the regular season.

And hey the Starks are the good guys so he would root for them even if bad things happen.

Maybe the Desean Punt was the sports equivalent of the Red Wedding.

Ok done with the nerdiness now.