PDA

View Full Version : What NCAA team to root for (choose) as a Canadian New York Giants fan!

charles355
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I live near Montreal (Quebec)... near Vermont border.

Syracuse is the closest team from my home I guess... then Boston College.

what about Rutgers, Notre Dame, Michigan??? Penn State? Boston College, Syracuse?

I'm looking for a team who is run a lot like the Giants, with a solid team year in and year out, a blue collar mentality team. Not the Miami, USC types of teams.

At worst, I would like to follow a prestigious program and a grower program...

waiting for your choices.

Drez
06-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm not into college ball, but here's what I'd do if I were you. Watch a bunch of games this upcoming season, and you'll probably find yourself being drawn to a team or two to root for.

lawl
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Michigan state, Wisconsin, Nebraska fit the bill

charles355
06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Wisconcin... good choice (excellent OL prospects) awesome RB ... but far away from home hehe (would like to attend a game)

Rat_bastich
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Doesn't really matter too much. I'm a Notre Dame number 1 and then split my attention to Missouri and Arkansas. Of course, Arkansas will be a little more interesting now that they won't have the Motorcycle Bandit.

Mizzou usually has a good running game and Notre Dame has kind of gone more receiving in the last few years...much like the Giants. They usually also have a good defensive line.

slipknottin
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
NC Tarheels, that team has given the giants their best WR ever, and the best defensive player ever.

Normally for anyone who watches teams for who to watch coming into the nfl, i would say alabama, but the giants havent drafted anyone from alabama.

They do seem to like LSU though.

You can always watch ND if you like watching a horrible team. Im a fan, but its sort of like being a redskins fan.

ShakeNBake
06-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I live near Montreal (Quebec)... near Vermont border.

Syracuse is the closest team from my home I guess... then Boston College.

what about Rutgers, Notre Dame, Michigan??? Penn State? Boston College, Syracuse?

I'm looking for a team who is run a lot like the Giants, with a solid team year in and year out, a blue collar mentality team. Not the Miami, USC types of teams.

At worst, I would like to follow a prestigious program and a grower program...

waiting for your choices.

I went to school in upstate NY right near the Canadian/Vermont boarder(Plattsburgh) and most people up there followed Syracuse, with a few scattered Boston fans. If you are from the area you have to root for the orange. Pick another team to follow for football though because Cuse really sucks right now.

Rat_bastich
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
You can always watch ND if you like watching a horrible team. Im a fan, but its sort of like being a redskins fan.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

unless you meant North Dakota of course.

FIFTY6G-MAN
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I am from Syracuse and have rooted forThe Orangefor 32 years. They have had some great teams and some ugly ones but I still route for them. Just as I have done with the Giants. Good, Bad, and Ugly!

Morehead State
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I live near Montreal (Quebec)... near Vermont border. Syracuse is the closest team from my home I guess... then Boston College. what about Rutgers, Notre Dame, Michigan??? Penn State? Boston College, Syracuse? I'm looking for a team who is run a lot like the Giants, with a solid team year in and year out, a blue collar mentality team. Not the Miami, USC types of teams. At worst, I would like to follow a prestigious program and a grower program... waiting for your choices.</P>

Loyalty to a team isn't something you choose. Just watch games and it will come to you.</P>

lavar2
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I am a Notre Dame fan but if your fan of option football (as I am) cheer for Georgia Tech or all of the Academy teams especially Air Force for their use of the I-Formation and recent success. Still, Army or Navy aren't too, too far away from you and it does not get very more workman like or blue collar then a service academy. Anyway, Go Giants.