PDA

View Full Version : "Ramses Barden has had good flash plays out here"

Captain Chaos
06-05-2012, 08:02 AM
A quote from TC. Glad to see that he is showing up and working at making this an interesting battle at WR. I've always liked Barden; thought he wasn't really healthy last year (ankle was still and issue).

Redeyejedi
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
U mean Barden is doing well without pads what a surprise. Soon as a DB hits him he will fold like Walmart Lawn chair

wolfie
06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
That's harsh Red... very Harsh.</P>

I like Walmart chairs, but they do only last for one season.</P>

miked1958
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
That's harsh Red... very Harsh.</P>

I like Walmart chairs, but they do only last for one season.</P>

</P>

yep just like their Market Unbrellas. Not much good after taking a pounding </P>

miked1958
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
but on serious side of this... I dont think there is anyone on this MB that doesnt want this kid to prove us all wrong..

miked1958
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
but one thing is for sure this time around. this is his last stand with the Giants, Healthy or injuried. they will not carry him another season without some serious production

PoloGroundsFan
06-05-2012, 09:05 AM
if he anything like his old man then you all can be in for a surprise. As I recall his father was the only one in NYC that could hold Tony Jackson in check when Jackson was setting the NYC schoolboy basketball scoring record way back when. He also did a real good job when Jackson was at ST. Johns and he was at NYU.

MikeIsaGiant
06-05-2012, 09:16 AM
It's too bad... he is a huge body out there that just hasn't been useful

ryan12
06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
U mean Barden is doing well without pads what a surprise. Soon as a DB hits him he will fold like Walmart Lawn chair

Lmfao

G-Man67
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
nice, it's time Ramses ... you know the system, you know the plays, you're healthy (knock on wood) and you're getting add'l reps with Nicks out</P>

time to show if you are an NFL WR</P>

Captain Chaos
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Thought that this would get some interesting discussion going (I did like the Walmart jab). I'm glad he is stepping up.

slipknottin
06-05-2012, 04:00 PM

I approve of this post.

mcillo
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
U mean Barden is doing well without pads what a surprise. Soon as a DB hits him he will fold like Walmart Lawn chair Christ, I just bought a Walmart beach chair this week-end.

titwio
06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
U mean Barden is doing well without pads what a surprise. Soon as a DB hits him he will fold like Walmart Lawn chair Christ, I just bought a Walmart beach chair this week-end.

Well, don't hit it.

Gimaniac
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Throw a football at it and report back results to this thread.

Captain Chaos
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Throw a football at it and report back results to this thread.

Make sure the chair is in heavy traffic, might I suggest I-95 when throwing the football.

RoanokeFan
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
It is fair to say that Cruz turned out to be what we expected Barden to be?

miked1958
06-05-2012, 06:21 PM
</P>

Yes that is a fair statement. however no one would ever confuse Barden for Cruz in the speed dept</P>

giantsfan420
06-05-2012, 06:47 PM
</P>

Yes that is a fair statement. however no one would ever confuse Barden for Cruz in the speed dept</P>

Ud think so but barden is a high 4.4/5 guy and on cruzs 99 yd td run, barden was step for step nearly the whole way. Speed isnt an issue as much as its physicality and playing to his size imo...

I still havent given up hope on him yet but im on my last nerve. Dude better show something, i like to believe im not a complete idiot when it comes to player evaluation, bardens making that tough

mcillo
06-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Yeah, but Cruz had plenty of detractors when he first came on the scene. I absolutely loved his Jets preseason performance and had to bite my fingers to stop me from posting my thoughts and comparisons of him to Larry Fitz. His control and athleticism up in space that is. I didn`t want to encite the crit.
We still could be calling Cruz a preseason wonder if Steve Smith hadn`t moved to Phila.
I`m a fan of Barden ( as with anyone on the team ) and I think he`s shown an ability to catch in traffic and use his body defensively - not going to talk bad about any Giant and the best man for the position makes the team.

jomo
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
It's too bad... he is a huge body out there that just hasn't been usefulWhat happens when you go looking for a tall guy in the draft?</P>

You wind up with a tall wide receiver.</P>

I'll take heart and hands over height any day.</P>

Toadofsteel
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I would really like to hope that Barden can have a breakout season, but as it stands right now I have trouble seeing him as anything but a bust...

Gimaniac
06-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Barden and Cruz shouldn't be mentioned on the same internet.

nygsb42champs
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Hopefully he can do it. This is his last shot for sure.

giantsforce
06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
but on serious side of this... I dont think there is anyone on this MB that doesnt want this kid to prove us all wrong..That's true. Look for how long we waited for Sinorice Moss to develop! Barden is a flash in the pan during OTA's and that's it. He is just taking cap space, that's all.

B&RWarrior
06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
</P>

Ud think so but barden is a high 4.4/5 guy and on cruzs 99 yd td run, barden was step for step nearly the whole way. Speed isnt an issue as much as its physicality and playing to his size imo...

I still havent given up hope on him yet but im on my last nerve. Dude better show something, i like to believe im not a complete idiot when it comes to player evaluation, bardens making that tough

If the guy hasn't been on the field i don't think that's a knock on your player analysis. You can't predict how healthy a player will be.

I'm high on Barden. He was a very raw third round pick that has lost many reps due to injury. Hard to learn and grow when your not on the field. Even when WRs are healthy it usually takes them 3 years to put it all together.

Captain Chaos
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
</P>

If the guy hasn't been on the field i don't think that's a knock on your player analysis. You can't predict how healthy a player will be.

I'm high on Barden. He was a very raw third round pick that has lost many reps due to injury. Hard to learn and grow when your not on the field. Even when WRs are healthy it usually takes them 3 years to put it all together.

There is some truth to that...

miked1958
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
</P>

Yes that is a fair statement. however no one would ever confuse Barden for Cruz in the speed dept</P> Ud think so but barden is a high 4.4/5 guy and on cruzs 99 yd td run, barden was step for step nearly the whole way. Speed isnt an issue as much as its physicality and playing to his size imo... I still havent given up hope on him yet but im on my last nerve. Dude better show something, i like to believe im not a complete idiot when it comes to player evaluation, bardens making that tough If the guy hasn't been on the field i don't think that's a knock on your player analysis. You can't predict how healthy a player will be. I'm high on Barden. He was a very raw third round pick that has lost many reps due to injury. Hard to learn and grow when your not on the field. Even when WRs are healthy it usually takes them 3 years to put it all together. There is some truth to that...yes there is

jomo
06-06-2012, 06:31 PM
</P>

Yes that is a fair statement. however no one would ever confuse Barden for Cruz in the speed dept</P> Ud think so but barden is a high 4.4/5 guy and on cruzs 99 yd td run, barden was step for step nearly the whole way. Speed isnt an issue as much as its physicality and playing to his size imo... I still havent given up hope on him yet but im on my last nerve. Dude better show something, i like to believe im not a complete idiot when it comes to player evaluation, bardens making that tough If the guy hasn't been on the field i don't think that's a knock on your player analysis. You can't predict how healthy a player will be. I'm high on Barden. He was a very raw third round pick that has lost many reps due to injury. Hard to learn and grow when your not on the field. Even when WRs are healthy it usually takes them 3 years to put it all together. There is some truth to that...yes there is<FONT color=#ff0000>Barden sure is tall. Love his size!</FONT>

B-Red22
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
didn't we hear the same thing about Sinorice Moss all those years??

jomo
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM
didn't we hear the same thing about Sinorice Moss all those years??<FONT color=#ff0000>No, he was short.</FONT>

giantsfan420
06-06-2012, 08:01 PM
The thing with him that baffles me is when hes in a phone booth type situation, meaning imagine him in a phone booth and only having to account for that area, he has displayed some dang good physicality making those catches in heavy traffic where he wrestled the ball into his hands. Ex vs ne and dallas.
When hes on his spot, it seems he can use his size and be physical. The issue with him is, on the way to his spot, he seems to be soft. Dude needs to man up and be tough every step he takes, not just the last few ones...

Dunno if anyone will follow my reasoning or logic but thats what strikes me as being bardens issue

JJC7301
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I always have hope, but I would be willing to bet my last dollar that he gets injured and loses any chance to do anything worthwhile with the Giants.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 02:03 AM
It's too bad... he is a huge body out there that just hasn't been usefulWhat happens when you go looking for a tall guy in the draft?</P>

I'll take heart and hands over height any day.</P>That pick was forced for sure

Gimaniac
06-07-2012, 11:00 AM

I'll take heart and hands over height any day.</P>That pick was forced for sure

He looks a lot like Plaxico.

From behind.

Standing still.