PDA

View Full Version : SEAHAWKS VIOLATE RULE OF LIVE CONTACT AT OT***

RoanokeFan
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
<font size="4"><font size="3">SEAHAWKS VIOLATE RULE OF LIVE CONTACT AT OTA (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/06/05/seahawks-violate-rule-of-live-contact-at-ota)

"</font></font>The Seahawks violated offseason workout rules in the new Collective
Bargaining Agreement and have to forfeit two scheduled OTA practices.<div class="m10l m10r"><div class="story_body line ">

The Seahawks violated the rules regarding prohibition of live contact during
one of the teamís OTA days.</p>

The Seahawks will forfeit their scheduled OTA practices on June 6 and 7, as
well as an additional offseason workout day on June 8.</p>

The NFL Management Council and NFLPA released a joint statement announcing
the clubís violation. Seahawks players cannot be at the team facility those
days, but will be paid for the sessions and Seattle cannot reschedule the
cancelled days."</p></div></div>

WR4Life
06-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I just read about this on profootballtalk. It made me wonder. This and a few years ago when the Raiders lost OTA time for a violation leave me kinda puzzled. Who exactly reports that they violated the rules? Is there an NFL official of some sort assigned to every team to observe to ensure teams don't practice longer than they are supposed to or violate contact rules? IF someone like this is there, they just let teams go in order to penalize them instead of warning them that their time expired? If there isn't an official of some sort there, then who the hell from the organization turns themselves in?

RoanokeFan
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I just read about this on profootballtalk. It made me wonder. This and a few years ago when the Raiders lost OTA time for a violation leave me kinda puzzled. Who exactly reports that they violated the rules? Is there an NFL official of some sort assigned to every team to observe to ensure teams don't practice longer than they are supposed to or violate contact rules? IF someone like this is there, they just let teams go in order to penalize them instead of warning them that their time expired? If there isn't an official of some sort there, then who the hell from the organization turns themselves in?

Every team has a player rep. I'm guessing that's your answer.

NYGinIN
06-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Every team has a player rep.* I'm guessing that's your answer.

*league snitch

jomo
06-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Is there a rat in the house? This sounds like a job for Tiki. [:D]

RagTime Blue
06-06-2012, 12:57 AM

Every team has a player rep. I'm guessing that's your answer.

*league snitch

In a way, it's cheating, and they should be punished for not adhering to the rules that all the other teams had to.

NYGinIN
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM

Every team has a player rep.* I'm guessing that's your answer.

*league snitch

In a way, it's cheating, and they should be punished for not adhering to the rules that all the other teams had to.

In another way: the rep could just tell (or remind) the coaches "hey, remeber...can't do that" but instead they go over their heads