PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE: "WE'RE STACKED AT EVERY POSITION"

RoanokeFan
06-06-2012, 10:54 AM
GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE: "WE'RE STACKED AT EVERY POSITION" (http://www.giants101.com/2012/06/06/new-york-giants-antrel-rolle-were-stacked-at-every-position/)

"Now that the <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with New York Giants" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/" rel="tag nofollow">New York
Giants</a> and Osi Umenyiora have ended their year-long standoff (http://www.giants101.com/2012/06/01/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-agree-on-restructured-contract/), the team is ready to turn the
page and focus on the task at hand: defending their Super Bowl championship. And
no player appears more excited and anxious to do exactly that than safety <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Antrel Rolle" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/antrel-rolle/" rel="tag nofollow">Antrel
Rolle</a>, who feels the 2012 Giants are a force to be reckoned with (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/14429/rolle-giants-stacked-right-now).
<blockquote>

"With Osi there, it just makes [the defensive line] that much more better,"
Rolle said at David Tyree's Charity Bowl on Tuesday night. "I think we have a
great team all the way around. We are stacked right now at each and every
position. As long as guys stay healthy, it is going to be a great
run."</p></blockquote>

Health will be key for the Giants, who were crippled in 2011 after a series
of devastating season-ending injuries to players like Jonathan Goff, Terrell
Thomas and Marvin Austin. Already in 2012, they've lost cornerback Brian
Witherspoon for the season with a torn ACL and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks for up
to 12 weeks with a fractured 5th metatarsal of his right foot. In addition to
those injuries, offensive lineman William Beatty has been dealing with a back
injury, while tight end Martellus Bennett has been sidelined with a hamstring
injury.</p>

All that said, Rolle is spot on in his assessment of the team; they are
incredibly deep at nearly every position. In fact, if the team is to stay
healthy, they may be forced to cut players at the end of training camp who will
immediately go on to fill important roles for other teams. It's a testament to
the job done by General Manager Jerry Reese, who focuses on talent and not
flash.</p>

As far as Umenyiora and his contract situation goes, Rolle insists it was
never a distraction to the team.</p>
<blockquote>

"There were no distractions," Rolle said. "Osi had to do whatever it is he
had to do. Osi has never been a cancer or one to cause any controversy within
our defense or organization. I'm glad that it is behind him now and he is
smiling like a kid in the candy shop and I am also smiling."</p></blockquote>

Sounds like the Giants are preparing for Round 2 of "All In."</p>

DemandedAce
06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Hellllll yeahhh baby

GiantPride27
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
He is Correct. Our Defense at lease is deep as heck right now (baring injuries).

Secondary and LB corp is filled with young talant and solid veteran presense.

Our DL is second to non in the leage - especially when M.Austin gets going (i think hes ganna be an all pro some day)

nihan87
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Is it Preseason yet? :)

Captain Chaos
06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Listening to the talking heads we don't have enough tallent. According to them we will likely finish 3rd in the division behind Egirls and Cowgirls...

RoanokeFan
06-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Listening to the talking heads we don't have enough tallent. According to them we will likely finish 3rd in the division behind Egirls and Cowgirls...

Just where they said we'd end the season last season [;)]

TuckYou
06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.

Dorkasaurus
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.

At the beginning of last year the talking heads were questoniing our depth at WR.... I think Hick, Cruz, and Manningham proved them wrong.

No team will be able to carry 53 "pro bowlers" on their team, having depth is talking about young players ready to step up, make plays and fill in the position.

RoanokeFan
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM

At the beginning of last year the talking heads were questoniing our depth at WR.... I think Hick, Cruz, and Manningham proved them wrong.

No team will be able to carry 53 "pro bowlers" on their team, having depth is talking about young players ready to step up, make plays and fill in the position.

All we need is 53 Super Bowlers!

Buto
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM

I'm glad Antrel is getting his props now.
I think he was the "All In" phrase coiner.

Unfortunately he'll get the I'm sorry but Rolle just needs to STFU thread soon.

That in light of the fact he's been one of the best defensive players we've had the last two years.
He's played out of his normal position more often than not.
He's played three positions and shored up a LB corp that was in the infirmary while protecting the rookies on the field with his leadership.

I hope he continues to get his props.

I hope they look at getting Grant back to at least teach the rookies in camp.

Buto
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm glad Antrel is getting his props now.
I think he was the "All In" phrase coiner.

Unfortunately he'll get the I'm sorry but Rolle just needs to STFU thread soon.

That in light of the fact he's been one of the best defensive players we've had the last two years.
He's played out of his normal position more often than not.
He's played three positions and shored up a LB corp that was in the infirmary while protecting the rookies on the field with his leadership.

I hope he continues to get his props.

I hope they look at getting Grant back to at least teach the rookies in camp.

TuckYou

Didn't mean to quote you.
Drinkin' German beer.
Lifting one for you right now

giantsfan420
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
What? No one is calling him a homer???

Lol. I been saying that we r stacked and for some reason, making that statement led to a few guys name calling...

Anyways, at qb, wr, dl, s, and corner we are extremely stacked with several top five players.

miked1958
06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Listening to the talking heads we don't have enough tallent. According to them we will likely finish 3rd in the division behind Egirls and Cowgirls...hold on now.. lets not forget that the Skins beat us twice last season with Rex Grossman. Now that they have RG3 no way we finish ahead of them. lol. We are SB Defender and not only dont we get respect around the NFL we dont even get it in our own div where people think we are no better then 3rd or last place. lol

Ahmad44rushHARD
06-06-2012, 03:36 PM
in their defense, we are in the hardest division

TuckYou
06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles. At the beginning of last year the talking heads were questoniing our depth at WR.... I think Hick, Cruz, and Manningham proved them wrong. No team will be able to carry 53 "pro bowlers" on their team, having depth is talking about young players ready to step up, make plays and fill in the position.</P>

Im not a talking head. Im not a "Patriots are awesome no matter what moves they make" guy. "Pats signed Ochocinco and Albert Hayensworth?!?! OH my God! Awesome Moves! Belichick will make them stars again!" Im realistic, as Im sure many of you have noticed in my 8 years of posting here. Maybe somewhat pesimistic, but that is how I roll. Not a hater, just talk about the worst and hope for the best so Im not completely disappointed (I think 2000's SB made me this way, with a splash of the 2002 SF playoff game.)</P>

Giants are not stacked at every position. No team is. Thats all Im saying. Do they have a great team? Hells yeah! But they were a 9-7 team last year. I think they could be an 11 win team this year if they stay healthy, but when was the last time that has happened? </P>

</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
We have alot of talent throughout the roster, but like every other team in the league, we're thin at some spots where we need some unproven talent to step up and some luck with avoiding injuries.

I'm specifically talking about the OL. If we have the same injuries like we did back in 2010 where we started 4 different players each at LT and C, we're in trouble.

And we;re thin at TE as well. Need hopkins to be a reliable player to protect in case of injury.

buffyblue
06-06-2012, 04:00 PM
It is amazing to have watched how much Antrel Rolle has matured as a leader since he has been with NY Giants. Up till midway of last season it seemed as if he mainly spewed verbal diareahha but then he turned it around, matured anx now he speaks truth and motivates people. I am lrous that he is on our team.

I am really psyched for a great season.

I bELIeve.

Neverend
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM

Agreed. This offensive line including Bennett ALL have to prove themselves, except Snee who is expected to have a bounce back year.

In order to make it to the super bowl the giants are going to face some tough front 7s this year, of which includes the afc north which is obviously no joke.

buddy33
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
If they stay healthy he is right. Plus, they are the defending Super Bowl Champions. They may not be perfect, but they where better than anyone at the end last year. I think Beatty is underrated and as long as he can stay healthy will make the line better. I think Boothe will start this year. Hopefully Baas can play better now that he is healthy and has a year with his new team. I thinkmSnee will be better with better play at Center and RT which I'm hoping Diehl can make happen.

BigBlue1971
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Antrel feels good about his team and so do i! </P>

they are deep in several positions and could be a shutdown team on d!</P>

the chemistry is there already alls they need to do is execute!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

</P>

krygny
06-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Good thing he didn't say "Dream Team".