PDA

View Full Version : If we were to make the SB this year to defend our Title, would...

miked1958
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
You want to face the Patriots again to beat Brady and BB again and forever go down in History as the team that took down and ended their careers... Its possible if they lost to us a third time they would both retire...lol</P>

</P>

OR... Would you rather face a different team?? say Denver and Peyton or another shot at the Ravens?</P>

Maybe a Giants Steelers matchup where eli and benn go head to head..</P>

</P>

Thoughts </P>

Drez
06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Not to be glib, but I really don't give a rats *** who we face in the SB, so long as we make it there and win, lol.

greenca190
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Most of my friends are Bills fans. I want to face them in the Super Bowl every year.

JMFP2
06-06-2012, 07:08 PM
You want to face the Patriots again to beat Brady and BB again and forever go down in History as the team that took down and ended their careers... Its possible if they lost to us a third time they would both retire...lol</P>

</P>

OR... Would you rather face a different team?? say Denver and Peyton or another shot at the Ravens?</P>

</P>

Thoughts </P>

</P>

</P>

3 times would be very difficult.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I still want revenge against the Raisins.

I think beating the mighty Patriots twice makes what we did in XLII bolded, underlined, and blinking with 30 exclamation points already.

Pa1jintfan
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I would love to take out the dirty ravens. My 2nd choice would be the steelers. So then we would have one for the thumb, and show for good that Eli was the only choice in 2004 draft. Lastly I would love to take out dirty Sanchez and the jets.... But any win is a good win

GmenFan1980
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
We are facing the AFC North this year so I want us to face Anyone of them in the Super bowl

chasjay
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
If we should make it to the SB again this year, all I would hope is that the AFC opponent would be favored to beat us.

miked1958
06-09-2012, 10:53 AM

*</P>

*</P>

Thoughts </P>

</P>

*</P>

3 times would be very difficult.</P>Sure would be but would be great. Other then them I would like to right the wrong done to us in 2000 by the ravens

NYG_88
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I say the San Diego Chargers, it would be awesome for Eli to finally beat San Diego and especially in the Super Bowl! I can imagine AJ Smith's face right now when Eli throws the late second TD to get the win.

miked1958
06-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I say the San Diego Chargers, it would be awesome for Eli to finally beat San Diego and especially in the Super Bowl! I can imagine AJ Smith's face right now when Eli throws the late second TD to get the win.And Rivers cursing on the sidelines

FBomb
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't want Rivers toEVER even sniff the playoffs, let alone the SB.</P>

I'd like revenge on the Ravens and Ray Lewis.....aka "The Defendent"</P>

</P>

FBomb
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't want Rivers toEVER even sniff the playoffs, let alone the SB.</P>

I'd like revenge on the Ravens and Ray Lewis.....aka "The Defendent"</P>

</P>

TuckYou
06-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Eh, we beat the Pats already, twice. Im over them. Id rather face Broncos, Ravens, Steelers or the Jets.

GIANTSACK
06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Eh, we beat the Pats already, twice. Im over them. Id rather face Broncos, Ravens, Steelers or the Jets.

Wouldnt want the bronco BC wouldnt deprive Peyten of his second ring. The steelers would be my fav choice BC of steeler nation is huge. Second is raven

GIANTSACK
06-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Wouldnt want the bronco BC wouldnt deprive Peyten of his second ring. The steelers would be my fav choice BC of steeler nation is huge. Second is raven

Toadofsteel
06-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I want to face and defeat the Broncos. The only way to stop this BS about peyton being better than Eli is for Eli to beat him head to head in the super bowl...

Other than that, some ravens would be nice, or even the Jets if Tebow becomes the starter, just to show him what 4th quarter magic REALLY looks like.

GCGiant
06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
, and show for good that Eli was the only choice in 2004 draft.

Eli was chosen 1st by the Chargers, so by the time it got to 4, he was not a choice. If you wanted him, you had to trade, and that's what they did. You can say that they gave too much, but if you do you might look a little foolish as they have...well...I don't have to tell you what they've already accomplished since the trade.

I can't imagine anyone still believing anything other than they made the trade of the century.

Manstache
06-10-2012, 10:25 AM

*</P>

*</P>

Thoughts </P>i really dont care who we play, we're gonna beat their a** anyway.

NYG 5
06-10-2012, 12:36 PM
, and show for good that Eli was the only choice in 2004 draft.

Eli was chosen 1st by the Chargers, so by the time it got to 4, he was not a choice. If you wanted him, you had to trade, and that's what they did. You can say that they gave too much, but if you do you might look a little foolish as they have...well...I don't have to tell you what they've already accomplished since the trade.

I can't imagine anyone still believing anything other than they made the trade of the century.

At the time, it was super risky. Anytime you invest that much and put that much weight on the shoulders of one guy, its risky. But, in hindsight, the 1st round talent available in 2004 and 2005 wasn't much anyways. So even if Eli busted, those drafts were still loaded with duds. At the end of the day, the team invested two first rounders and a third, and got 2 supe rbowls and a bright future in return. The chargers took those picks and had them burn out very quickly.

2003-2006 is when EA finally learned how to draft. 98-02 was loaded with duds. The only bad pick he made in 03 was willy joe

Giants10Joe
06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
While I would be happy beating any team in the Super Bowl I think the Patriots (3 wins is indisputable domination), Ravens (revenge for XXXV), Steelers (Eli and Roethlisberger are the same draft class), Broncos (Eli has never beaten Peyton), and Chargers (Eli-Rivers trade) would mean a little extra. Not sure which of those 5 I would want to beat the most. Maybe we just need to win the next 5 to make it 6 straight.

Giants10Joe
06-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Some of you are saying the Jets but I would prefer they never make it back to the Super Bowl. The pinnacle of Jets achievement is losing in the AFC Championship game.

miked1958
06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I want to face and defeat the Broncos. The only way to stop this BS about peyton being better than Eli is for Eli to beat him head to head in the super bowl...

Other than that, some ravens would be nice, or even the Jets if Tebow becomes the starter, just to show him what 4th quarter magic REALLY looks like.I'd say Denver cause of Peyton but just like the pats we have already played and beat them. Ravens, SD or Pitt would be my choices

jakegibbs
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Thoughts </P>

MANNING VS MANNING....Dream Come True...

UK-Giantsfan
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
revenge against the Ravens would be nice .....one day !

G-Man67
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
i wouldnt mind the Patriots b/c we have their number ... .but having said that, can you imagine the Brady gets revenge angle ifwe do lose ...Brady is god stuff,better than Eli all along ...if they were to beat us</P>

Jets - Giants would be something, but just like with the Patriots you'd have to win</P>

now the brother thing ... you could almost endure a well played loss (almost !) with the Mannings sharing a touching moment ... ah who am i kiddin ... i'd be in the fetal position no matter what team, if we lost</P>

Steelers you'd have the "classy" franchise angle and a chance to surpass Big Ben head to head</P>

and while most people are now forced to admit that wegot the grand prize withEli... their would be some intrigue with Manning - Rivers</P>

burier
06-11-2012, 05:04 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Thoughts </P>

</P>

*</P>

Good thing you only have to win Once to become superbowl champions

burier
06-11-2012, 05:04 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Thoughts </P>

</P>

*</P>

Good thing you only have to win Once to become superbowl champions

Toadofsteel
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Other than that, some ravens would be nice, or even the Jets if Tebow becomes the starter, just to show him what 4th quarter magic REALLY looks like.I'd say Denver cause of Peyton but just like the pats we have already played and beat them. Ravens, SD or Pitt would be my choices

We beat the broncos over 25 years ago. I wasn't even alive. None of the guys playing the are playing now.

Besides, this isn't about the broncos, this is about the Manning factor. Even with more SB rings and coming off his statistically best season, everyone outside of the Giants fanbase looks upon Eli as the little brother. They're so enthralled with Peyton that Eli becomes a side-show, even though Eli has more rings. The only way Eli will get the respect he deserves in the football world is to beat Peyton, head-to-head. This year the SB is in New Orleans, their hometown and where Archie played.

G-Man67
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
We beat the broncos over 25 years ago. I wasn't even alive. None of the guys playing the are playing now. Besides, this isn't about the broncos, this is about the Manning factor. Even with more SB rings and coming off his statistically best season, everyone outside of the Giants fanbase looks upon Eli as the little brother. They're so enthralled with Peyton that Eli becomes a side-show, even though Eli has more rings. The only way Eli will get the respect he deserves in the football world is to beat Peyton, head-to-head. This year the SB is in New Orleans, their hometown and where Archie played.</P>

well we beat John Elway 25 years ago, so there is some juice with Giants - Broncos ... oh and we ended an undeafted season they had going, but they were 12-0 not like 15-0</P>

having said that, i agree that the huge story would be Manning v. Manning</P>

PIERCEnumber58rules
06-14-2012, 04:59 PM
My favorite matchup would be GMEN vs. Raiders. Second would be vs. Steelers. But for the record, lets just say the only teams I wouldnt want to play are: Patriots, Texans, Titans, Jags, Ravens, or Broncos. Already beat the pats last three times we played them. Still having trouble accepting the expansion teams. And the Broncos just bore me.