PDA

View Full Version : ELI is going to be 31 on the list, LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

g_menfan80
06-06-2012, 08:55 PM
The stupid list that just lost all of it's credibility is supposed to be the best players going into 2012. How is the defending Champ with 2 SB's over Brady, one of the gutsiest QB wins ever in SF and 2 wins in Lambeau (used to be a death sentence in the playoffs) still not getting respect from his peer's? I just don't get it

titwio
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Meh, I think 31 is a good spot for him.

Keeps him hungry.

EliTE
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
hahahahaha

imagine if there was a fantasy draft. how many GMs would pass on eli? 10? 15? 30? lol

i was expecting them to rank eli way to low, at like 24 at worst. he should be top 15..

they purposely led you to think cruz and jpp would be on the list this episode, just for shock value on it being eli instead.

Drez
06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
hahahahaha

imagine if there was a fantasy draft. how many GMs would pass on eli? 10? 15? 30? lol

i was expecting them to rank eli way to low, at like 24 at worst. he should be top 15..

they purposely led you to think cruz and jpp would be on the list this episode, just for shock value on it being eli instead.
As of Sunday or Monday they said that there were two Giants offensive players that were not on the list last season in the 39-31 spots.

VelocityVirus
06-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Honestly thought Eli would be in the top 10 easily.

shrugs

VelocityVirus

shrugs

giantsfan420
This list is entertainment. Nothing else. Its interesting and has no bearing on anything. If eli is 31, it doesnt mean he will play well or poor. Me personally, as a homer, eli should be top five. As an objective fan, eli could justifiably be anywhere from top ten to top fifty...

The qbs who will be ahead on the list doesnt guarantee them better seasons, or mean they had better seasons last year. All this is is a medium for nfl network to show a hyped up list. It was bs last yr, itll be bs this yr. I just wanted to see all the players who left him off last yr acknowledge how moronic they were

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, there's only 4 QBs ahead of him apparently, so that's Brees, Rodgers, Brady and who else, Big Ben maybe?

EliTE
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
hahahahaha

As of Sunday or Monday they said that there were two Giants offensive players that were not on the list last season in the 39-31 spots.
on NFL network when they previewed the next episode they showed clips of cruz and jpp.

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
hahahahaha

on NFL network when they previewed the next episode they showed clips of cruz and jpp.

Cruz was 39. Eli was 31.

GOBIGBLUE52
06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
How many players are in the NFL again? 53 x 32 = 1,696.

Being 31 on that list is pretty good.

smashndash715
06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
hahahahaha

Cruz was on tonight..number 39 i think

chasjay
06-06-2012, 09:30 PM
How many players are in the NFL again? 53 x 32 = 1,696.

Being 31 on that list is pretty good.

If we win the SB again this year (on a 4th quarter TD pass), he'll probably make it up to 25 next year - not too far behind Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III!!

Neverend
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
JPP is going to finish ahead of Eli? Shocked positional value doesn't come into play, granted the gap between an elite pass rusher and elite QB isnt that huge.

Drez
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
JPP is going to finish ahead of Eli? Shocked positional value doesn't come into play, granted the gap between an elite pass rusher and elite QB isnt that huge.
I wonder what QB's they have ahead of him.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
JPP is the best DE in the league IMO and the scary thing is he is only in his second year. Eli is great but he is pretty even with Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. As far as pure talent and being best at their position, JPP needs to be top 5 on the list.

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-06-2012, 09:40 PM

They said there's 4 left. So has to be Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Big Ben. I don't think Ben has been on there yet.

Drez
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM

They said there's 4 left. So has to be Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Big Ben. I don't think Ben has been on there yet.

Ben definitely does not deserve to be ahead of Eli. The others, sure, I get it. But, Ben isn't near the QB Eli is.

ELI_Iz_God
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM

shrugs

I guess he needs to win a 3rd ring before ppl realize he does deserve to be there...sad but true

Toadofsteel
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
At least when i viewed the article on the NFL website, voters are saying his position on the list is underrated by a 2:1 margin...

Drez
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
At least when i viewed the article on the NFL website, voters are saying his position on the list is underrated by a 2:1 margin...

To show you how ******ed people are, 1305 people voted that Newton was underrated at 40, lol.

Yankees807
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Sadly this isn't surprising bc this is voted on by the players. Many players are envious and think hes overrated. I'd rather be ranked 31 with 2 SBS over "Tom Terrific" then Ranked in the top 5!

NYGiantsFan56
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
TOTAL INSANITY. I LOVE IT. AGAIN NO RESPECT FOR ELI. CANNOT WAIT FOR ELI TO TORCH THE LEAGUE AGAIN AND WE REPEAT. THIS WILL MOTIVATE THE HELL OUT OF THE TEAM.

MESSAGE TO NFL: SHOVE THAT LIST UP YOUR @@@@

BlueBlooded1979
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Cam Newton wins 6 games, runs up stats on bad defenses and gets ranked 40.

Eli orchestrates 7 regular season 4th qtr victories (2 post season). He beats a HOF HC and HOF QB in the Superbowl (again). He does all of this with 3 WR under 26, 2 UDFA TEs, no running game, crap OL and below average defense. He is ranked 31.

McNabb made the list last year too when Eli was obviously far superior. You can draw your own conclusions from that. Remember that it is the players voting.

gmen46
06-07-2012, 04:14 AM
This list is a reflection of selected players from each team picking their own respective Top 20 players list.

His 31 spot indicates that although a slight majority of participants place Eli somewhere in their Top 20, there are still many--though a diminishing number this year, obviously, since he didn't make the list at all last year, even more ridiculous--who don't.

The list reflects player respect, and there are some who refuse to do so, concerning Eli.

On the other hand, it's also obvious the producers of the series find this ridiculous, reflected by their inclusion in the Eli segment of Ravens WR Jacoby Jones saying Eli should be ranked #1 this year, and by Lindsay (the host of the Top 10 Reaction Show following each segment) referring to Eli as the Rodney Dangerfield of QBs. This comment was clearly aimed at the silliness of some of the player-voters, not at Eli.

Oh well. Shove their disrespect up their ***, Eli! Win at least 1 more!

NY_Eli
06-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Well think of it this way, at the rate he's advancing he'll be number one by next year

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 05:55 AM
If I was asked who the best player in the league was, I wouldn't say Eli. How many of you would?

SweetZombieJesus
06-07-2012, 05:58 AM
<font color="#FF0000">Not bad for a guy who wasn't even on last year's list</font>

chasjay
06-07-2012, 06:33 AM
If I was asked who the best player in the league was, I wouldn't say Eli. How many of you would?

If I had to choose between saying 1st or 31st, I would say 1st. But I get your point. I would say that 1st is a tossup between Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. I'd place Eli in the top ten, though - along with Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

But I'm good with it all - makes for good chatter until next Jan. - Feb. when the real rankings are made known.

Redeyejedi
06-07-2012, 08:10 AM
JPP is going to finish ahead of Eli? Shocked positional value doesn't come into play, granted the gap between an elite pass rusher and elite QB isnt that huge. Positional value alone makes him higher then 31 if there are only4 QB's ahead of him. If there is a guard or a TE ahead of a him thats just completly ridiculous. They dont impact the game enough. QB's and Pass Rushers are by far the most valuable

Sundown
06-07-2012, 08:26 AM
These players are idiots, guess it explains why so many of them go broke quickly. Cam at 40 is absurd!!!

bigjeep
06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
The stupid list that just lost all of it's credibility is supposed to be the best players going into 2012. How is the defending Champ with 2 SB's over Brady, one of the gutsiest QB wins ever in SF and 2 wins in Lambeau (used to be a death sentence in the playoffs) still not getting respect from his peer's? I just don't get it

Its called penus envy!

Cool Papa B.
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
These players are idiots, guess it explains why so many of them go broke quickly. Cam at 40 is absurd!!!

+1

That's all I needed to see to know that the list is a joke.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM

+1

That's all I needed to see to know that the list is a joke.

Cam should be higher than 40. He was one of the best players last year. Listen, Eli said he was a top 5 QB. Now the players have ranked him as such. I'd kill to be in the top 100 in the NFL based on my peer's vote.

nygsb42champs
06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
The list is something else for people to argue about.

burier
06-07-2012, 09:34 AM
So no one is surprised right? We had to all see this coming Eli makes this list but is far far too low.

I'd just tell everyone to take the list for what it is. When a Giant is on the list I take the opportunity to listen to someone gush about my player and then I turn the channel.

They still haven't even defined what the list is supposed to be. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT ITS A LIST OF!

Where is Peyton going to be on the list. Top 10?

barran21
06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I am shocked he's that high, i thought he would be 45-49...

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
They still haven't even defined what the list is supposed to be. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT ITS A LIST OF!

It's a list of the best players coming into the new season:
http://i.imgur.com/J7O8C.png

Peyton was #50

Rudyy
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
What's shocking to me is that the super bowl winning quarterback last year (Rodgers) was in the top 10. Meanwhile, a 2 time super bowl champion and 2 time super bowl MVP is placed 31st. Well alright..

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
What's shocking to me is that the super bowl winning quarterback last year (Rodgers) was in the top 10. Meanwhile, a 2 time super bowl champion and 2 time super bowl MVP is placed 31st. Well alright..
There's a good chance that Rodgers will be #1 this year. He was that dominant last season.

burier
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Peyton was #50

If its a list of the best players going into coming season then it should exclude Peyton Manning correct?

Rudyy
06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
There's a good chance that Rodgers will be #1 this year. He was that dominant last season. I have no problem with him being first. My problem is when is Eli going to get the credit he deserves, and be mentioned with other top tier quarterbacks?

Giant in Dallas
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Peyton was #50

If its a list of the best players going into coming season then it should exclude Peyton Manning correct?

I stopped watching this after they revealed Peyton was #50.

The list was supposed to be about who was the top 100 players from last year, only taking last year into consideration and dismissing all past history and future outlook.

The fact that Peyton, who didn't play once last year, either told me that most players are dumber than I thought or weren't told exactly what they were voting for.

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I guess his track record warrants his inclusion. If this was a "best of 2011" it wouldn't make sense.

I get what you're saying though, and I don't disagree.

There's a good chance that Rodgers will be #1 this year. He was that dominant last season. I have no problem with him being first. My problem is when is Eli going to get the credit he deserves, and be mentioned with other top tier quarterbacks?
The thing is, he is. There are only four (?) more QBs left to go, which makes Eli top 5 in his position - which I think is very accurate. Who that fourth QB is will be interesting though. Whoever it is (Ben is a popular guess on here), I already disagree with his placing ha. Brees, Brady and Rodgers are the only QBs I'd feel comfortable ranking over Eli.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I guess his track record warrants his inclusion. If this was a "best of 2011" it wouldn't make sense.

The thing is, he is. There are only four (?) more QBs left to go, which makes Eli top 5 in his position - which I think is very accurate. Who that fourth QB is will be interesting though. Whoever it is (Ben is a popular guess on here), I already disagree with his placing ha. Brees, Brady and Rodgers are the only QBs I'd feel comfortable with ranking over Eli.

Peyton was a big part of last season. Half on ESPN was devoted to talking about him.

galaxy10
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
The list and the talking heads just creates another issue to argue over. I really think that people just do and say things to create controversy, just like this list has. Every one has an opinion and it does not matter how stupid it is. I was watching the NFL channel and the talking heads were saying that the Giants were going to go from first to last this year. This came from an ex-pats player, i forget his name, I turned it off after that crap. I think that I am going to stop watching the sports channels, they make no sense to me especially when it comes to Giant analysis.

Rudyy
06-07-2012, 10:29 AM

The thing is, he is. There are only four (?) more QBs left to go, which makes Eli top 5 in his position - which I think is very accurate. Who that fourth QB is will be interesting though. Whoever it is (Ben is a popular guess on here), I already disagree with his placing ha. Brees, Brady and Rodgers are the only QBs I'd feel comfortable ranking over Eli. Right. I guess my irritation came from the fact that there are 26 (Not counting Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Roethlisberger) other players that have..I guess accomplished more last year.

GCGiant
06-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I hope 31 makes Eli feel snubbed again...

Tommy_Ribs
06-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I thought realistically he would be #20 or better, so he is off by 11 spots from the range I was thinking.

I think #31 is low for him, and he really should be higher.

But you know what? We all know how great he is, San Fran knows how great he is, Dallas knows how great he is, and Bill Bellichik and the Patriots know how great he is.

It would seem that Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Roethlesberger are all ranked ahead of him. I think Eli is at or better than Roethlesberger.

If we repeat, Eli will be top 10 next year, he'll have to be.

greenca190
06-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Watching the interviews, the safety from the cardinals suggested that there is no one physical trait about the guy that is off the walls amazing. I would have to agree with them on that.

This comes down to who has the most high light reels. You don't think current players don't watch ESPN and NFL Network? They are being manipulated just as much as the general public into thinking who the best players in the NFL are.

Pa1jintfan
06-07-2012, 12:41 PM
It is ridiculous really. Eli should be top 10.... Just gives him more motivation as the under dog role"...

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Right. I guess my irritation came from the fact that there are 26 (Not counting Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Roethlisberger) other players that have..I guess accomplished more last year.
It's not a "best of 2011" list, it's a "best players right now" list. Achievements don't come into it.

There are players who are more dominant in their positions than Eli; players like Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson and Arian Foster - even JPP. These types of players deserve to be ranked above Eli.

But yeah, Eli's probably ranked a little low - I really don't think there are 26 Calvin Johnson-level players in the league. It doesn't bother me though. These lists mean nothing, ultimately. Much like the Pro Bowl, they're good for generating discussion and little else.

Rudyy
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Right. I guess my irritation came from the fact that there are 26 (Not counting Brees, Rodgers, Brady, or Roethlisberger) other players that have..I guess accomplished more last year.
It's not a "best of 2011" list, it's a "best players right now" list. Achievements don't come into it.

There are players who are more dominant in their positions than Eli; players like Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson and Arian Foster - even JPP. These types of players deserve to be ranked above Eli.

But yeah, Eli's probably ranked a little low - I really don't think there are 26 Calvin Johnson-level players in the league. It doesn't bother me though. These lists mean nothing, ultimately. Much like the Pro Bowl, they're good for generating discussion and little else. When I said last year, I meant this past season. My bad.

buffyblue
06-07-2012, 03:40 PM
There is no reason for anyone to get upset about the list. It is the votes and opinions of the player representatives and doesn't mean anything.

Heck, I was hoping Eli Manning didn't make the list at all. We all saw the outcome when he didn't make the list last year.

miken609
06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
He should be number 1.

Delicreep
06-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Maybe I am not looking at this right, but...it's the same guys voting this year as last year, right?

If, right or wrong, those guys didn't put Eli on the list last year, what would make anyone reasonably believe he would suddenly be #1 this year? Or even top 10?

Set aside where Eli should actually be (I don't have a clue), I don't think it's realistic to expect an entire league to swing 180 degrees in one year.

burier
06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe I am not looking at this right, but...it's the same guys voting this year as last year, right?

If, right or wrong, those guys didn't put Eli on the list last year, what would make anyone reasonably believe he would suddenly be #1 this year?* Or even top 10?*

Set aside where Eli should actually be (I don't have a clue), I don't think it's realistic to expect an entire league to swing 180 degrees in one year.

No of course not. We should have all expected that Eli would be ranked somewhere in the 30s

I'm was thinking he an outside shot at top 20 only because some guys on the Network suggested it was possible.

That said. Real rank...top 10

miked1958
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Thing is it doesnt really matter what place he finishes in. They are some great ones mentioned in this thread like Marino, elway, Farve and Montana to name a few that have retired. Also u have your brees, Brady, peyton and Rodgers active. These type QBs are few and far between when u consider all the just avg ones that have played back then and now. There are a lot more below to avg ones then the huge stars. I believe we have one of the special ones. One that when he is done will be listed among the greats. He has already brought us 2 SBs since he has been here and IMO he will prob get 1 or 2 more prior to retiring. Who knows maybe could of had another in 08 if not for plax

miked1958
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
My point is we need not worry where on lose he winds up. He is doing just fine collecting us rings.

Also we don't know for sure had we won in 08 if we would of drafted the same and got JPP or Nicks so we may not have won in 11