PDA

View Full Version : eli#31 on top 100?

rickeyb26
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
eli gets no respect what a shame how in the hell did cam make it only a few spots behind eli.
I watched them a little bit this year when i was living in south carolina and this guy looks like donovan with his dirt balls.

NYGiantsFan56
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
What a joke. Big Ben is ahead of him, and so is Rodgers and Brady. This list is a farce. Eli beat them both in the post season and he beat Brady also during regular season. Big Ben got knocked out of playoffs in first round. if this list is based on 2011 performance then how do they all finish ahead of Eli? Like I said this list is a farce.

giantsfan420
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
What a joke. Big Ben is ahead of him, and so is Rodgers and Brady. This list is a farce. Eli beat them both in the post season and he beat Brady also during regular season. Big Ben got knocked out of playoffs in first round. if this list is based on 2011 performance then how do they all finish ahead of Eli? Like I said this list is a farce.
apparently the list is who the players think will be the best the next upcoming season...

Either way, as giants fans we know he shoulda been top twenty at worst, but for what so,many, even giants fans, were saying//thinking about eli last season, we should feel proud that hes where he is...just last year he didnt make it and some people felt that it was justified, didnt gumby have a sig about how the players were right about excluding him and how we would label every player a hater?

Hes come a long way. Nevermind hes actually superior statistically than almost every qb on a year 1 2 3 4 etc matchup...nevermind he already holds several prolkfic nfl records, the two sbmvps...next season when eli does what eli does...again...he will finally receive the adulation he deserves

Flip Empty
06-07-2012, 12:41 AM
how in the hell did cam make it only a few spots behind eli.
I watched them a little bit this year when i was living in south carolina and this guy looks like donovan with his dirt balls.

Huh? 4000+ yards, 21 passing touchdowns and 14 rushing touchdowns in his rookie year. I don't know how anyone can knock him for that

He was more productive than over half of the league's starting quarterbacks, and a good chunk of its running backs, too.

Only LeSean McCoy scored more touchdowns on the ground than Cam.

Marvelousmik
06-07-2012, 01:18 AM

rex grossman also beat eli this year. with all due respect i cant get mad at rodgers brady and brees being ahead of eli.

Big ben is a different story

TheBookOfEli
06-07-2012, 02:19 AM
I understand Brady, Rogers, Brees ahead of Eli but Big Ben? This list is starting to really become lame, almost as lame as making the pro-bowl.

BlueBlooded1979
06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
This list is voted on by the players. Most of them are ignorant ******s. Maybe if he was obsessed with stats and records like Brees he would be higher.

Ask defensive coordinators if he should be ranked 31.

Rat_bastich
06-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Even if the list is voted on by players they are probably just barely paying attention to it. Someone probably throws a list in front of them and they just give it a cursory glance and just rank them without thinking. Some might even vote certain people in certain ranks as a joke. Who knows.

gmen46
06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Even if the list is voted on by players they are probably just barely paying attention to it. Someone probably throws a list in front of them and they just give it a cursory glance and just rank them without thinking. Some might even vote certain people in certain ranks as a joke. Who knows.

I think you are exactly right.

Of course, the list is a brainchild of someone at NFL Network as a terrific way of filling 10 weeks of the year--during the slowest and least newsworthy time of the NFL year.

Add to that, there is a lame time-filling hour long show of "analysts reaction" after each episode, and you have 2 hours of prime time "original programming" accounted for each week during April, May, June, when the only other football news during that entire dry spell (football-wise) is covering the draft, injuries incurred during team OTAs, and the occasional scandal or player misbehavior.

Of course, this year's Saints Bountygate has been a windfall for a channel dedicated to 100% NFL "stuff", 24/7.

redbeardxxv
06-07-2012, 05:57 AM

Exactly. It's not like they spend 2 days watching game film before voting. I doubt the average player on the Raiders knows what Eli did on Sunday. It's not in his realm of comprehension. It means nothing to him until playoffs, and by then, the Raiders are out. Who cares. He's gonna vote for the big names, regardless of performance. Therefor Brady, Rodgers, and Brees-due to popularity and media coverage-end up on the top of the list.Being ranked #1 is like winning a class election. It's a popularity contest, and has nothing to do with actual merit.