PDA

View Full Version : What were you most wrong about last season?

JMFP2
06-08-2012, 12:12 AM
For me, it had to be aboutPerry Fewell. When he was hired to replace Sheridan, I was optimistic....but last season, I was convinced he needed to hit the bricks.</P>

There were other things I was wrong about, but Fewell definitely ranks at top, because I was convinced he was one of the biggest problems with the defense.</P>

</P>

</P>

TheBookOfEli
06-08-2012, 12:38 AM
I was wrong about the Giants not winning a Superbowl.

Flip Empty
06-08-2012, 03:06 AM
I was worried about Cruz when he was first forced into the starting lineup.
I'm glad my concern was proven unnecessary.

I also told anyone who'd listen that the Giants would beat both the Packers and Niners and lose to the Cardinals in their regular season match-ups haha. Wrong.

Toadofsteel
06-08-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm with the OP on Fewell. It felt like he was using his pass rushers as glorified DB's at times... but towards the end the sacks, deflections, and pressure-based INT's started piling up. I fully believe it was our pass rush disrupting Aaron Rodgers' timing that caused all those dropped passes that the GB receivers usually complete...

I still wish that PF would send a linebacker on the rush more often, but at least we're blessed to have a d-line that is able to rush 4 and make it count as if we were rushing 7, but without losing defenders in coverage...

dave56dj
06-08-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm still a bit unsure and don't tottaly buy into
Rolle as a vocal leader- I tend to think he spouts off irresponsibly- but he also did a yoemans work by stepping up and playing the nickel as a safety (that said he did want out Pre jets game and did say as much) still he stuck
With it and kiwi mentioned his words helped many of the giants raise their games and therefore he obviously helped
To lead - worth the big contract or not- bravo

SweetZombieJesus
06-08-2012, 07:22 AM
I was really convinced the whole house of cards was coming down with yet another collapse after a 6-2 start. I thought it was like Joe Torre, good but the magic was gone and we needed to move on. I needed to at least see a 1st round playoff win.

Magic struck twice.

GmanSenior
06-08-2012, 07:28 AM
1. Predicted the Giants would only win 4-6 games.

2. Never thought Aaron Ross could make it through a full season healthy.

3. Said Eli would continue to be just average and continue to throw dopey interceptions.

Firenugget
06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Probably Fewell also. He had me ready to see him go for sure.

Gimaniac
06-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I was wrong to think that a couple-a-dozen
ACL tears would ruin our season.

FBomb
06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tom Coughlin. I gave the ol' drill sergeant a really hard time last season for this team losing to teams they had no business losing to, and TC saying he didn't know why it happens. I thought he lost this team and so did a lot of other people. But they rallied around their old coach and won another SB for him!!</P>

I will never doubt him again!!</P>

threenout
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I was wrong on just about everything.

Morehead State
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
....To many things to mention. But I apologize for NOTHING!!!!!</P>

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!</P>

Neverend
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
kevin boothe

Captain Chaos
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I thought we were going to be an 8-8 or 9-7 and not make the playoffs with all of the injuries we sustained early. close on the record, totally missed the boat on the playoffs.

miked1958
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
I was really convinced the whole house of cards was coming down with yet another collapse after a 6-2 start.* I thought it was like Joe Torre, good but the magic was gone and we needed to move on.* I needed to at least see a 1st round playoff win.*

Magic struck twice.
I am with you on this. I was like. "Well here we go again" just like in past several seasons we start fast and then collapsing in second half.. Boy was I WRONG about that

miked1958
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Although in the GB and SF losses I saw something I liked and even posted that we may lose a game or two more then turn around and win enough to make playoffs and win it all

I wish there was a way I could find it now.. But it may even be within a thread that I didn't start.. But I said it and people on here thought I was crazy

GMENAGAIN
06-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Before theseason started, I scoffed at all of the love for Victor Cruz, because as of that time, he had done nothing but have a good preseason a year earlier.</P>

Whoopsie!</P>

miked1958
06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Although in the GB and SF losses I saw something I liked and even posted that we may lose a game or two more then turn around and win enough to make playoffs and win it all

I wish there was a way I could find it now.. But it may even be within a thread that I didn't start.. But I said it and people on here thought I was crazyI found them. In one I said right before the GB game that this would be our "Week 17 game from 07". I said we would lose our 4th in a row but it would kick start us on the way to another title...

Then a follow up thread after everyone was up in arms on the following Monday after the fourth loss in a row. Title was "Relax score was 38-35 just like in 07". In that one I Was saying we were about to make history again. Most said I was on a crack pipe...

miked1958
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I am not going to bring these threads back up cause someone else did in past bringing up ten or so old threads. Now even though there were a lot of posters like me that never gave up. The person that brought up the threads did it prior to SB posing as giants fan trying to stir pot as a lot of people were down on gmen after 4 losses in row. So I won't dig up old stuff.. They are there if you want to see them....I will just put one small post from tons out of those ten Threads....when I was told I was crazy.. Lol

miked1958
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Here....

miked1958

Joined on 10-01-2007
Posts 7,140
Re: Relax!! It was same score 38-35 as Pats in 07
Reply Quote Delete Edit Favorites Contact
bleedinblue27:
miked1958:
It kept the Pats unbeaten for the time being.
This will give us the push we need like it did in 07.
I count this as a victory.
We beat them in playoffs

I realize what you and guy below you are saying. However that is all u can take out of this.
Yes we are on a four game losing streak.
Yes we are just a .500 team
Yes we lost a huge chance to gain on the falcons, bears, Dallas and most likely the lions who lose to saints tonight.
Yes we lost more players today.
No it's not same circumstances as going all out when we could of just sat starters as we already made playoffs.
No it's not the same.
But u gotta use this as a jump start and realize if we can stand toe to toe with GB we can with anyone.
THAT'S ALL IM SAYING?
YOU DON'T AGREE?
STAY OFF BOARDS AND DO SOMETHING ELSE NEXT 4 weeks BUT DON'T WATCH THE GIANTS.
THANKYOU NYGs
ALL IN
This was totally unexpected
and as a fan I want to tip my hat
to FO/ Coaches and Players
Report abuse Quick Reply

miked1958
06-08-2012, 10:05 AM
That was right after the loss.. Then....in jan..

miked1958:
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?
NOW if that is not the CALL of the Season I dont know what is...... and YES...GB did awake a sleeping GIANT.... A Giant that went out and won 5in a row and 6of7.

Since that week when we lost our 4th in a row in about a month and a half the giants have doubled the amount of wins they had at the end of that first gb game. we were 6-6 and now 12-7...

About to be 13-7 and a 4th SB Title.....
Moral of story is DONT wake up a sleeping GIANT if you are a Top Seed...(Dallas,Pats,GB and now Pats again)

miked1958
06-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Well nice to look back but that's sll history now....time to move onto the defense of our title

TuckYou
06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I was wrong about needing a running game to get to the playoffs, yet alone win a superbowl. </P>

I was wrong about us needing a TE.</P>

I was wrong about thinking the Redskins were the easiest team to beat in our division. </P>

I was wrong thinking the Jon Goff injury ruined our season.</P>

</P>

G-Man67
06-08-2012, 11:25 AM
well up until week 7, i was referring to Victor Cruz as a feel good story and an adequate replacement for pre-injury Smith ... took me awhile to call him a superstar

Toadofsteel
06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I was wrong about needing a running game to get to the playoffs, yet alone win a superbowl. </P>

I was wrong about us needing a TE.</P>

I was wrong about thinking the Redskins were the easiest team to beat in our division. </P>

I was wrong thinking the Jon Goff injury ruined our season.</P>

*</P>

To be fair, the running game and TE's picked up towards the end of the season, and not to mention the pickup of Blackburn which was one of the many things that probably saved our season.

PS: you need to photoshop some sunglasses on DD's face in your sig :P
http://p.uproxxcdn.com/photo/589/profile

bigjeep
06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
For me, it had to be aboutPerry Fewell. When he was hired to replace Sheridan, I was optimistic....but last season, I was convinced he needed to hit the bricks.</P>

There were other things I was wrong about, but Fewell definitely ranks at top, because I was convinced he was one of the biggest problems with the defense.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Everything! [:$]</P>

pino
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Fewell.

But he had the defense playing really well at the end of the season. I have to give him credit. When we beat the Jets and Cowboys, I started to believe in the defense again. Then I lost my mind when we blew out the Falcons, and again when we destroyed the Packers. I even thought the defense was playing good during the Niners game.

sskeller
06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
At 7-7, I wanted to miss the playoffs because I thought we were a sure-fire first round loser. I doubt no more.

NYGinIN
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
hahaha, I kinda hoped Brandon Stokely would work out and become a good 3rd option for us at WR

burier
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I was pretty right last season.

(predicted JPPs dominance, predicted Eli would have a great year and predicted The Giants would win the Superbowl prior to the season starting)

If anything I'd say after being blown out by the Saints I got down on the team too fast.

Then we we lost the redskins the second time I got down on the team again.

Other than that I smacking em out of the park all season.

since55
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
I didn't think Eli would ever overcome his penchant for staring down his primary receiver. He did. I was wrong. And could not be happier!!

NYFan221
06-08-2012, 02:01 PM
cam newton.

jakegibbs
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
For me, it had to be about*Perry Fewell.** When he was hired to replace Sheridan, I was optimistic....but last season, I was convinced he needed to hit the bricks.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

When they went on the 4 game losing streak I said to myself "well there goes any chance of winning this season's Super Bowl". Man was I so WRONG!!

burier
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't think Eli would ever overcome his penchant for staring down his primary receiver. He did. I was wrong. And could not be happier!!

What?

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
For me, it had to be about*Perry Fewell.** When he was hired to replace Sheridan, I was optimistic....but last season, I was convinced he needed to hit the bricks.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Dont wanna come off as arrogant but i wasnt wrong about much last season.

I too tho was wrong about pf. Well i dunno honestly. I had said we needed to simplify things and that pf needed to get the d playing just z little better and we could make a run. I dont know if u could say i was wrong in that regard, but i def evil grew more n more critical of pf, but he did change/fix things up.

I also said eli would have one ofkey the best sb performances ever, and he fell short of that by a td pass or two so i was slightly off on that as well.

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 02:29 PM
That was right after the loss.. Then....in jan..

miked1958:
Awe why is everyone so glum in here? Don't you all realize that Green Bay just awoke a sleeping Giant?
NOW if that is not the CALL of the Season I dont know what is...... and YES...GB did awake a sleeping GIANT.... A Giant that went out and won 5in a row and 6of7.

Since that week when we lost our 4th in a row in about a month and a half the giants have doubled the amount of wins they had at the end of that first gb game. we were 6-6 and now 12-7...

About to be 13-7 and a 4th SB Title.....
Moral of story is DONT wake up a sleeping GIANT if you are a Top Seed...(Dallas,Pats,GB and now Pats again)

I was right there with u i remember me and u and a few others didnt stop believing. I remember predicting a win vs philly early in the season, ppl thought i was stupid. I remember saying that eli would continue the play he displayed second half vs stl, in which a few posters attacked me. I remember saying we would win by a few possessions vs dallas last game of the season, vs atl, vs gb and ppl thought that was stupid. I did say that about sf in the nfc cg was wrong on that one tho...

I made several pretty drastic predictions and they played out like i had said...

Ok now to change up from sounding stuck up, i did think we would have issues at wr before cruz emergence and i did think ppl were overrating cruz basd solely on that preseason...

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Well to be fair, most people dont understand that eli wasnt staring down his primary as much as it was eli reading the d presnap and knowing where the window would be and waiting on the wr to a, run the right route and b, for him to get seperation.

Now i dont mind that all that much but eli did start to scan the field muuch more based on his presnap understanding of the d

slipknottin
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Ross holding his own during the playoff push and postseason.

I didnt think McKenzie's play would fall off a cliff like that.

since55
06-08-2012, 03:59 PM

What?

Yo! Check out Costco's sale on hearing aids.

fansince69
06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I swore the G-MEN would keep the upside of Matt Dodge over the steady foot of Weatherford...I am still not convinced that Dodge won't land somewhere and be successful....but I am glad I was wrong.....Weatherford did a great job.

jomo
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
ST coach became a genius when given Weatherford and a new bunch of athletes for KO and punt coverage..

miked1958
06-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Well to be fair, most people dont understand that eli wasnt staring down his primary as much as it was eli reading the d presnap and knowing where the window would be and waiting on the wr to a, run the right route and b, for him to get seperation.

Now i dont mind that all that much but eli did start to scan the field muuch more based on his presnap understanding of the dThat's right it was me and you, with a few others.. We never gave up. We made bold predictions and were told to put down the crack pipe. Well I think we will be even better this season. You with me!!!

bigblue58
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM

*</P>

*</P>

I was wrong about Jim Harbaugh.
I thought he was a classy guy, but he proved me dead wrong on that score by being the biggest sore loser since Wade Phillips!
Everything else I was right on the money about.
Any vagueness about exactly WHAT I was right about is completely intentional!!!

giantsfan420
06-08-2012, 09:50 PM

Now i dont mind that all that much but eli did start to scan the field muuch more based on his presnap understanding of the dThat's right it was me and you, with a few others.. We never gave up. We made bold predictions and were told to put down the crack pipe. Well I think we will be even better this season. You with me!!!

You know it! I think we r gonna be better too...i honestly believe the earned confidence and trust in tc team concept is gonna make us dominant...well that and our dominant qb, wrs, and dl

miked1958
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM

You know it! I think we r gonna be better too...i honestly believe the earned confidence and trust in tc team concept is gonna make us dominant...well that and our dominant qb, wrs, and dlHeres the scary thing. I don't think we've seen the best of Eli, the WRs or the dl yet

ShakeNBake
06-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I was really down on Eli because he looked like complete garbage during the preseason, but I am glad I was wrong

miked1958
06-09-2012, 01:06 AM
I was really down on Eli because he looked like complete garbage during the preseason, but I am glad I was wrong
Lol

giantsfan420
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM

You know it! I think we r gonna be better too...i honestly believe the earned confidence and trust in tc team concept is gonna make us dominant...well that and our dominant qb, wrs, and dlHeres the scary thing. I don't think we've seen the best of Eli, the WRs or the dl yet

Oh u dont gotta tell me that. Anyone who follows my posts will tell ya ive repeatedly said how i believe eli hasnt maxed out yet. Hes just entering his prime. He improves every year, i expect this season to be no different. I am thinking he raises his comp. %, tds, ypg while throwing for around ten ints, and i think he will be league mvp

UK-Giantsfan
06-09-2012, 04:23 AM
after all the injuries in pre season and before ...i was convinced that the G men would go 7-9 and miss the playoffs ......what do i know

Rat_bastich
06-09-2012, 05:26 AM
I was down on Aaron Ross and hard. Though he wasn't consistent throughout the year he was definitely solid.

NYG 5
06-09-2012, 02:05 PM
"Eli can't take the hit and kills the team making throws off his back foot".

miked1958
06-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Oh u dont gotta tell me that. Anyone who follows my posts will tell ya ive repeatedly said how i believe eli hasnt maxed out yet. Hes just entering his prime. He improves every year, i expect this season to be no different. I am thinking he raises his comp. %, tds, ypg while throwing for around ten ints, and i think he will be league mvpTotally agree

miked1958
06-09-2012, 08:28 PM
ALL IN

gumby742
06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't say you're wrong about Fewell. His defense was still terrible for most of the regular season.

smashndash715
06-10-2012, 11:39 AM
without a doubt Eli...this goes back to the beginning of his career all the way up till around the rams game last year..even tho we won a super bowl in that time i had never completely trusted him..but i remember posting last year after he was constantly bringing us back that i would never question him again and i didn't and he brought us another super bowl..and now i couldn't be more happy about being wrong..and i will continue to trust him win or lose

sc_markt
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Me to. And during the last Dallas regular season game, when I think there was about 6 minutes left and the Giants were losing, I pretty much gave up the season at that point. And then they came back which shocked the heck out of me.

giantsfan420
06-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Me to. And during the last Dallas regular season game, when I think there was about 6 minutes left and the Giants were losing, I pretty much gave up the season at that point. And then they came back which shocked the heck out of me.

what? Ww never trailed that game...

JPP
06-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Didn't think we would make the playoffs. I thought we'd be in the bottom 15 or so not top 10 but I thought we would have 6-8 wins. But I guess people stepping up like JPP and Cruz with all of our injuries really helped and even keeping Osi instead of dealing him helped our dline keep it together when Tuck was down. There was a lot but mostly I didn't think we would make the playoffs and thought there might be shake ups with 3 straight late season collapses.

JPP
06-10-2012, 04:06 PM

what? Ww never trailed that game...

Must mean the 1st Dallas game, when we scored what like 2 touchdowns in 5 minutes to take the lead and then JPP blocked the field goal for the win.

Kase-1
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I was wrong about our run game.

I thought our OL was gonna be road grading monsters, but in reality we were the exact opposite

I wouldnt say I was wrong last season cause I knew he was gonna be good, but I was totally shocked how far Eli has come as a QB in each season, its ridiculous. I gotta say I was wrong about Eli when we drafted him and the first few seasons, Im so happy I was wrong about him

.... Just got my Eli jersey a few weeks ago [:D]

plc
06-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I read many posts about how bad TC was.How bad Eli was.How bad our offensive and defensive coodinators were.And on and on it went.I tried to at times defend and it was difficult at times.I hope we have all learned a lesson to just stand up for our team,stop listening to the talking heads on media and realize we may not win the SB next year but know in our hearts and heads that Big Blue has the talent and the coaching to repeat.

bigjeep
06-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I read many posts about how bad TC was.How bad Eli was.How bad our offensive and defensive coodinators were.And on and on it went.I tried to at times defend and it was difficult at times.I hope we have all learned a lesson to just stand up for our team,stop listening to the talking heads on media and realize we may not win the SB next year but know in our hearts and heads that Big Blue has the talent and the coaching to repeat.

I guess the last two disasters were still floating in the back of our heads!

GMENAGAIN
06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I read many posts about how bad TC was.How bad Eli was.How bad our offensive and defensive coodinators were.And on and on it went.I tried to at times defend and it was difficult at times.I hope we have all learned a lesson to just stand up for our team,stop listening to the talking heads on media and realize we may not win the SB next year but know in our hearts and heads that Big Blue has the talent and the coaching to repeat.</P>

I don't recall a single post from you defending the team or TC . . . . . .</P>