PDA

View Full Version : SAINTS HIRE FORMER FBI DIRECTOR TO INVESTIGATE CLUB

RoanokeFan
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
SAINTS HIRE FORMER FBI DIRECTOR TO INVESTIGATE CLUB (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/06/08/report-saints-hire-former-fbi-director-to-investig)

"The Saints have had a controversy-plagued offseason, from the bounty scandal
to alleged wiretapping by GM Mickey Loomis.<div class="m10l m10r"><div class="story_body line ">

According to Pro Football Talk, the club and owner Tom Benson brought in
former FBI director Louis Freeh to conduct a “top-to-bottom investigation" of
the Saints.</p>

In an email to PFT, Saints spokesman Greg Bensel explained Freeh’s role.</p>

“Serious allegations have been made about our organization this off-season;
we take these allegations very seriously. As a result, we have hired the Freeh
Group, founded by former director of the FBI and former federal judge Louis
Freeh. Mr. Benson moved quickly to hire them and has spared no expense to get to
the bottom of these allegations. We have given the Freeh Group complete access
to our team and all of the individuals who have been associated with this news
story.”</p></div></div>

RoanokeFan
06-08-2012, 01:19 PM
One of two things is going on here, IMO. Benson wants to prove they aren't a rogue organization or he wnats to decide who he's going to jettison.

NYGRealityCheck
06-08-2012, 10:33 PM
The Saints have become a circus act... in a bad way...

NYGinIN
06-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Hiring a guy to investigate yourself? This seems akin to Monsanto hiring their own scientists to test their product and tell the fda how safe they are.

RoanokeFan
06-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Hiring a guy to investigate yourself? This seems akin to Monsanto hiring their own scientists to test their product and tell the fda how safe they are.

Not necessarily. I went to high school with Lous Freeh. He's one of those guys they will have to bury standing up cause he won't lay down for anyone. It was a good choice is you're gong to do a self-audit.

NYGinIN
06-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Not necessarily.* I went to high school with Lous Freeh.* He's one of those guys they will have to bury standing up cause he won't lay down for anyone.* It was a good choice is you're gong to do a self-audit.

right on, we'll see I'm sure. I kinda wish all of this stuff was over with.

RoanokeFan
06-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Not necessarily. I went to high school with Lous Freeh. He's one of those guys they will have to bury standing up cause he won't lay down for anyone. It was a good choice is you're gong to do a self-audit.

It really does sound like Benson is concerned about having been lied to by his leadership team and realizes he can't trust anyone inside the organization to take an unbiased internal look at what's been going on.

NYGRealityCheck
06-10-2012, 12:37 PM

Not necessarily.* I went to high school with Lous Freeh.* He's one of those guys they will have to bury standing up cause he won't lay down for anyone.* It was a good choice is you're gong to do a self-audit.

It really does sound like Benson is concerned about having been lied to by his leadership team and realizes he can't trust anyone inside the organization to take an unbiased internal look at what's been going on.

I'm sure there are a bunch of qualified people out there would like to help run the Saints organization for Benson. Their season is most likely lost already with the suspensions from Goodell. It's never good to stay on Goodell's bad side either as they have found out first-hand, so Benson has no choice but to clean up the mess and try to restore a good image for his team.