PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Diehl

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-11-2012, 06:50 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/davediehl66" data-user-id="29802237"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Dave Diehl[/b]
<span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>davediehl66</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">I've worked hard during my career to set a positive example, and yesterday I fell far short of this standard.</p>

<div class="stream-item-footer">

<div class="context">
</div>

<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/davediehl66/status/212315496266215427">
<span class="details-icon js-icon-container">
</span>

<span class="expand-stream-item js-view-details">
<span class="expand-action-wrapper">
Expand
</span>
</span>

</a>

<ul class="tweet-actions js-actions"><li class="action-reply-container">
<a class="with-icn js-action-reply" data-modal="tweet-reply" href="https://twitter.com/#" title="Reply">

</a>
<li class="action-rt-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-rt" data-modal="tweet-retweet" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="retweet" title="Retweet">Retweet</span>
</a>
<li class="action-fav-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="favorite" title="Favorite">Favorite</span></a><a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">
</a>
[/list] </div>

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/davediehl66" data-user-id="29802237"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Dave Diehl[/b]
<span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>davediehl66</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">I apologize to my family, my fans, my teammates, the New York Giants, and the NFL.</p>

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-11-2012, 06:52 PM
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">I made a poor decision that I sincerely regret, and, as always, take full responsibility for my actions.</p>

<div class="stream-item-footer">

<div class="context">
</div>

<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/davediehl66/status/212315535168372737">
<span class="details-icon js-icon-container">
</span>

<span class="collapse-stream-item js-hide-details">
<span class="collapse-action-wrapper">
Collapse
</span>
</span>

</a>

<ul class="tweet-actions js-actions"><li class="action-reply-container">
<a class="with-icn js-action-reply" data-modal="tweet-reply" href="https://twitter.com/#" title="Reply">

</a>
<li class="action-rt-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-rt" data-modal="tweet-retweet" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="retweet" title="Retweet">Retweet</span>
</a>
<li class="action-fav-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="favorite" title="Favorite">Favorite</span></a><a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">
</a>
[/list] </div>

RoanokeFan
06-11-2012, 07:09 PM
What else can you ask? The legal system will handle the sentencing and that will probably include some community service.

G-ManSB42
06-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.

RoanokeFan
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.

It seems he's taking responsibility for his actions and that's all we can realistically expect. The rest is out of his hands. I suspect his teammates will support him as he would them.

chasjay
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM

It seems he's taking responsibility for his actions and that's all we can realistically expect. The rest is out of his hands. I suspect his teammates will support him as he would them.

The attitude someone displays after they make a mistake tells you more about that person than the mistake itself. I expect that DD will earn some forgiveness through the way he accepts responsibility and atones for his actions.

NYG4lifeNYK
06-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Diehl is a good guy just made a terrible decision. Being a star athlete and veteran he should know to set a better example but what's done is done and he's sorry it happened.

Even though athletes have millions of dollars for transportation service they are still human and make mistakes just like the rest of us.

First last time occurrence for Diehl.

NYGRealityCheck
06-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Diehl is a good guy just made a terrible decision. Being a star athlete and veteran he should know to set a better example but what's done is done and he's sorry it happened.

Even though athletes have millions of dollars for transportation service they are still human and make mistakes just like the rest of us.

I mostly agree, however, people with millions of dollars don't necessary have to spend on transportation services and usually just spend like the rest of us.

We know Diehl is a nice guy and he just made a mistake.

Also, funny as it seems, I think that bar may get into some trouble because they should have cut him off from more alcohol at some point and should not have let Diehl drive while intoxicated.

Thank goodness no one was hurt besides some parked cars. Hopefully, Diehl's punishment will be lite and he'll be good to go for the season.

RoanokeFan
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM

The attitude someone displays after they make a mistake tells you more about that person than the mistake itself. I expect that DD will earn some forgiveness through the way he accepts responsibility and atones for his actions.

It will definitely matter in the eyes of the Court. Accepting responsibility for and the consequences of your actions is the approach to take.

fansince69
06-11-2012, 08:43 PM

I mostly agree, however, people with millions of dollars don't necessary have to spend on transportation services and usually just spend like the rest of us.

Also, funny as it seems, I think that bar may get into some trouble because they should have cut him off from more alcohol at some point and should not have let Diehl drive while intoxicated.

Thank goodness no one was hurt besides some parked cars. Hopefully, Diehl's punishment will be lite and he'll be good to go for the season.

I was thinking along the same lines....Do you know how many drinks a 300 pound man would have to drink to have a .18 blood alcohol ?

Drez
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM

I was thinking along the same lines....Do you know how many drinks a 300 pound man would have to drink to have a .18 blood alcohol ?

Over 3 hours, he'd have had to drink 8 or 9 double rum and cokes (saying they were actually poured with 2 shots each). So, we're talking 2.5 to 3 drinks an hour. It'd be 10 of them over 5 hours. So, with as little as 2 drinks an hour he could blow a .18.

alau53
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
sunday june 10th 2012 was a very hot humid day on the streets of NY borough of queens..drinking in those coditions only add to the problem that alcohol can create

GiantLife615
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
It takes a lot to get to .18. And the weight of someone is a small factor, one of many, that leads to the final BAC of someone. The highest BAC I have ever seen someone at is .28...and he was beyond out of his mind. It takes a lot more than people think to be over the limit. The idea that 2 drinks puts someone over is total BS.

slipknottin
06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
It takes a lot to get to .18.

Eh, maybe, but if he was at that bar for hours, judging by his twitter he was there since like 2pm, then its not that difficult.

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
It takes a lot to get to .18. And the weight of someone is a small factor, one of many, that leads to the final BAC of someone. The highest BAC I have ever seen someone at is .28...and he was beyond out of his mind. It takes a lot more than people think to be over the limit. The idea that 2 drinks puts someone over is total BS.

I can't drive after 2 drinks. It affects me. What my BAC would be I don't know, but I wouldn't dare drive. I'm only 115 pounds though.

Gmen2005
06-11-2012, 09:40 PM
so stupid. I can't believe he was so reckless, he deserves whatever is dished out to him.

nhpgiantsfan
06-11-2012, 09:46 PM
DD messed up. He knows it, the fans know it, the Giants know it, and the NFL knows it. He will face the consequences and take it like a man. Fortunately he didn't hurt anyone. It's not the end of the world. I can't imagine what it would be like if the Internet and message boards were around in the LT era.

VegasGmen
06-11-2012, 09:48 PM

</P>

Exactly Bingo!!! I had a DUI 2 years ago and I will regret it for the rest of my life. The heartache that 1 goes through and the ordeal he puts his family through should wake him up and to atone for what he has done. It is a very emotional and painful situation to go through. Sometimes we need a slap in the face to make us a better person in the community. Hopefully DD learns from his mistake as we all make them in one way or another. Thankfully nobody was hurt! I was busted just sleeping in my car1 block from my house. Stupid mistake that I will never forget and never do again! Best of luck DD God Bless!</P>

VegasGmen
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
so stupid. I can't believe he was so reckless, he deserves whatever is dished out to him.
</P>

Yes it is stupid and he was reckless and he does deserve whatever punishment besets him but do not think that something tragic can't happen to you by your own doing. We are all human and can make horrible mistakes however perfect you may think you are. </P>

GMan883
06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I was pulled over for tinted windows and "accelerating too fast at a light". I am 28 yrs old at 200lbs, and I am not new to drinking. Earlier, I had 3 double Johnny Walkers before, during, and after dinner. I was barely even buzzed when I was pulled over about an hour after my last drink.

The officer smelled alcohol from the car and had me step out. I passed all 3 field sobriety tests with no problem (so i assume, since there was no mention about failing). Then he walked away and talked to his partner for a moment. Then his partner came over and asked me where I was coming from. I answered, he looked over at his partner and nodded. The original officer came back over and said, "i'm sorry but the smell from your breath is way too strong, and I need to take you in for a breathalizer test. I said, "Give me one right now, I know I will pass." Of course he replies, "I do not have a mobile unit, so I must take you in the station." Then in the car he even said, "you'll probably be under, but the smell is too strong, and as a police officer I must take you in to make sure."

So another 30 minutes goes by from when I was brought in, until the breathalizer. I was really anxious to get it over with. I remember I was sure I would probably blow around a .03 maaaaybe a .05 at MOST. Well I blew a .07, and needless to say I couldn't believe it! <font size="3">.07</font>?!?!? Really? I was .01 away. I mean I was extremely relieved, but ultimately I was shocked that it was so high. It was a huge eye opener.

Other than the careless driving ticket, I see it as a good experience. I had no idea how little .08 really is. It doesn't matter how you feel or how well you may be driving. The law is black and white, and .08 is still .08.

I learned my lesson and do not even chance it anymore.

GMENAGAIN
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM

</P>

Except that he apparently lied to the police at first and told them that he was struck by another car and pushed into the parked cars. Probably still half-****ed when he madeup that whopper though . . . . . . </P>

RoanokeFan
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I was pulled over for tinted windows and "accelerating too fast at a light". I am 28 yrs old at 200lbs, and I am not new to drinking. Earlier, I had 3 double Johnny Walkers before, during, and after dinner. I was barely even buzzed when I was pulled over about an hour after my last drink.

The officer smelled alcohol from the car and had me step out. I passed all 3 field sobriety tests with no problem (so i assume, since there was no mention about failing). Then he walked away and talked to his partner for a moment. Then his partner came over and asked me where I was coming from. I answered, he looked over at his partner and nodded. The original officer came back over and said, "i'm sorry but the smell from your breath is way too strong, and I need to take you in for a breathalizer test. I said, "Give me one right now, I know I will pass." Of course he replies, "I do not have a mobile unit, so I must take you in the station." Then in the car he even said, "you'll probably be under, but the smell is too strong, and as a police officer I must take you in to make sure."

So another 30 minutes goes by from when I was brought in, until the breathalizer. I was really anxious to get it over with. I remember I was sure I would probably blow around a .03 maaaaybe a .05 at MOST. Well I blew a .07, and needless to say I couldn't believe it! <font size="3">.07</font>?!?!? Really? I was .01 away. I mean I was extremely relieved, but ultimately I was shocked that it was so high. It was a huge eye opener.

Other than the careless driving ticket, I see it as a good experience. I had no idea how little .08 really is. It doesn't matter how you feel or how well you may be driving. The law is black and white, and .08 is still .08.

I learned my lesson and do not even chance it anymore.

People honestly don't realize how little it takes to get to the legal driving limit. We tend to think we're fine. It's not unusual to pull someone over and have them assure you they're fine as they fall out of the car.

RoanokeFan
06-12-2012, 09:28 AM

</p>

Except that he apparently lied to the police at first and told them that he was struck by another car and pushed into the parked cars. Probably still half-****ed when he madeup that whopper though . . . . . . </p>

That's pretty typical though and you can bet he was more than half-****ed. We fool ourselves very well.

bansaw
06-12-2012, 09:39 AM
the new Right of Passage for Giants Right Tackles

remember Kareem got popped few years back

RoanokeFan
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
the new Right of Passage for Giants Right Tackles

remember Kareem got popped few years back

Let's hope it ends here

JMFP2
06-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Good people can make bad mistakes, and I think this is the case here.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

RoanokeFan
06-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Good people can make bad mistakes, and I think this is the case here.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

+1 None of us are immune to "stupid"

THIRDINF516
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
It takes a lot to get to .18.

Eh, maybe, but if he was at that bar for hours, judging by his twitter he was there since like 2pm, then its not that difficult.

He was at a local bar in Astoria watching the Croatian soccer game. My cousin was there.
Fans and women were buying him shots by the dozen. My cousin has numerous pictures.

**** happens he made a mistake, thank god noone is hurt.

BillTheGreek
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
OK, he was wrong but this was his first DWI, he needs a real good attorney, Then go on a community service tour and speak to all kids and tell them how wrong he was, because kids look up to him, So at least some good can come out this mess.Good Luck Dave !

miked1958
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Finally handle the Osi thing and get this. Wow guess we got to keep it interesting. Never expect this from Diehl but at least you know he is going to bounce back and be a better player on and off the field.At least he didn't shoot himself