PDA

View Full Version : Travis Beckum will run today, 4 months after ACL tear

Eli TO Shockey
06-12-2012, 02:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/12/four-months-after-super-bowl-acl-tear-travis-beckum-will-run-today/

I'm not a big fan of his. but this is good news, considering its only been 4 months. Hope to see him week 1, but doubtful.

cornerback30
06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it

gmen0820
06-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over itThe degree I the injury could be different, and people heal differently.

Hopefully no set backs, but the more Beckum can play, practice, cut, and run on it, the faster he will return to 100%. If he has a set back though, he's never been a huge factor for us anyway, so his absence won't be terribly missed.

Eli TO Shockey
06-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Something just doesnt add up with this,isnt Mendonhall still out with the same injury that Beckham suffered.It just seems to me he's rushing back way too soon from this.The Giants maybe need to slow him down a little bit,this has setback or re-tear written all over it

some ACL tears are worse than others. This may just have been a partial tear, as opposed to a complete tear. Giants always take their time with injuries. the fact that hes out there running today is a great sign. BTW, hes not gonna be cutting, just straight line running. All is goood.

G-Man67
06-12-2012, 03:33 PM
good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career

Joe Morrison
06-12-2012, 03:58 PM
good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career</P>

You mean the free ride he's had with the GMEN, time for him to earn his money!</P>

Cool Papa B.
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM

some ACL tears are worse than others. This may just have been a partial tear, as opposed to a complete tear. Giants always take their time with injuries. the fact that hes out there running today is a great sign. BTW, hes not gonna be cutting, just straight line running. All is goood.

It must have been a slight tear. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be running 4 months after that surgery.

jakegibbs
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
good news ... yeah his job is on the line, so while he couldnt do this without the Drs. clearing him ... i bet he is highly motivated to save his NFL career</P>

You mean the free ride he's had with the GMEN, time for him to earn his money!</P>

RUN TRAVIS RUN!!! F. Gump

pino
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I miss being young. You heal from anything in a few weeks.

Toadofsteel
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM

It must have been a slight tear. I didn't think it was possible for someone to be running 4 months after that surgery.

It might have not even been a tear with that rate of recovery... maybe just an overextension sprain or something...

jomo
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Happy for his quick recovery but alas, he still can't block. [:(]

DEgiants89
06-12-2012, 06:16 PM

agreed, rushing him back before he is ready might screw it up more.

miked1958
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM

I thought ballards injury was less serious..guess I was wrong

Joe Morrison
06-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Happy for his quick recovery but alas, he still can't block. [:(]</P>

Love an honest opinion, if you can't block in Gilbrides offense you don't get time, look at the track record, he barely plays, time to move on.</P>

jomo
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM

Love an honest opinion, if you can't block in Gilbrides offense you don't get time, look at the track record, he barely plays, time to move on.</P>Agreed, our OL needs all the help it can get. They can't also cover for a weak blocking TE.

Antwuan
06-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Good News!

bearbryant
06-13-2012, 03:56 AM
One of the poorest draft pix we've had in the past few years. The theory was sound but someone should have asked TC or KG if he would be used asthe kind ofweapon he is. They never intended to do that- stupid pix,

Toadofsteel
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM

Love an honest opinion, if you can't block in Gilbrides offense you don't get time, look at the track record, he barely plays, time to move on.</P>At least the one TE we have from 2011 is the one that CAN block...

NY_Eli
06-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Crazy how this has worked out, when both he and Ballard went out in the super bowl did anyone expect Beckum would be the one kept, and be ready for training camp?

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Love an honest opinion, if you can't block in Gilbrides offense you don't get time, look at the track record, he barely plays, time to move on.</P>

At least the one TE we have from 2011 is the one that CAN block...</P>

Who is that? Pascoe? </P>

LOL . . . that guy gets pancaked more than Aunt Jemima. He is an awful blocker. </P>

Gimaniac
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Who cares? Hopefully he will run to New England and try out for the Patsies.