PDA

View Full Version : Titans release Daniel Graham TE , good back up for insurance

JesseJames
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm just saying that after Bennett the TE talent goes down pretty quick so Graham might be good insurance. Right now we have a few PS players and one rookie at the position so its something to think about, especially now with Ballard gone to the Patriots...he is 33 but can still play and is an excellent blocker.

GMENAGAIN
06-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Why would the Titans have cut him if he can still play? They're not exactly stacked at TE . . . .</P>

Might at least be worth a look though . . . . . .</P>

I would prefer Shiancoe . . . he's still out there looking for $2.5M, but no one's coming up with that much for him. Maybe we can get him on the cheap (1 year $1.5M plus incentives????)</P>

miked1958
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I think we are already over loaded at that spot

jomo
06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Based on the type of offense we are going to run, I would spend any available cash on OL talent. We don't and won't need a tight end this year that will cost $2.5M.

Toadofsteel
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
We don't run the 2 TE offense. Bennett with Robinson and Pascoe as backup is plenty. We need money spent on our O-line more than on our TE's...

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 07:23 AM
We don't run the 2 TE offense. Bennett with Robinson and Pascoe as backup is plenty. We need money spent on our O-line more than on our TE's...</P>

What OL is out there that you would like to spend our money on???</P>

jints10
06-13-2012, 10:20 AM
If you were talking Jimmy Graham I would be all in

Flip Empty
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Graham is a good blocker with pass-catching ability. I think the Giants are set at TE though.

Also, Graham is an ex-Patriot so this move could look like a feeble comeback attempt haha

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Graham is a good blocker with pass-catching ability. I think the Giants are set at TE though. Also, Graham is an ex-Patriot so this move could look like a feeble comeback attempt haha</P>

I don't get how we are "set" at TE. </P>

We have a raw, late-roundrookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy whois labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen. </P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Graham is a good blocker with pass-catching ability. I think the Giants are set at TE though. Also, Graham is an ex-Patriot so this move could look like a feeble comeback attempt haha</P>

We have a raw, late-round*rookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy who*is labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen.* **</P>

Bennett is a pretty damn good blocking tight end. I guess you haven't really seen him play that much. unproven raw rookies come in and make make and impact pretty frequently in the NFL. We were worse off at tight end last year during off season speculation. OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE DONT HAVE ANY TIGHT ENDS WHO HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES YET!!!

JesseJames
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
IMO we are far from set at TE, Bennett is a TE who could never get much playing time in Dallas, I know he played behind Witten, and after Bennett the talent and experience level drops like a rock with one rookie and a few practice squad players and guys who are recovering from injuries. I'm just thinking that we could use some experienced help from a player who knows how to play the position. Lets just say that if Bennett goes down for any length of time we are without a TE we can count on...

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 11:50 AM

We have a raw, late-roundrookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy whois labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen. </P>

Bennett is a pretty damn good blocking tight end. I guess you haven't really seen him play that much. unproven raw rookies come in and make make and impact pretty frequently in the NFL. We were worse off at tight end last year during off season speculation. OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE DONT HAVE ANY TIGHT ENDS WHO HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES YET!!!</P>

Are you drunk posting again?</P>

Who said the sky is falling? I just don't agree that we are so "set" at TE that we should not even consider any affordable potential upgrades at the position.</P>

I have seen Bennett play and I agree with every other person that has seen him play that he was a disappointment for the Cowboys. That is why the only deal that he could get on the FA market was a one year $2.5M "show me" deal. </P>

Also, what happens if we have an injury?</P>

</P>

lavar2
06-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Listen, losing Ballard sucks. He was a class guy, a good story, and really played well when not many expected him to but we have the best TE coach in the league people. All we need to do to replace Ballard is get 30 catches, around 500 yards, and 5 touchdowns from our starting TE. Not really an impossible or all that tough feat. If Bennett is really out to prove what he can do, we should be fine. Ballard was a great guy but like Boss won't be all that hard to replace.

Flip Empty
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM

We have a raw, late-round rookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy who is labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen. </P>
So seemingly in a better place than last year?

TEs aren't integral to the Giants' pass attack so I'm not worried.

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 01:44 PM

We have a raw, late-round rookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy who is labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen. </P>

So seemingly in a better place than last year? TEs aren't integral to the Giants' pass attack so I'm not worried.</P>

I agree that we are definitely in a better place now at TE than we were when the SB ended . . . . </P>

gmen0820
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
He's an upgrade over Pascoe who -- like Graham -- won't offer much in the pass game.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-13-2012, 03:50 PM

We have a raw, late-round*rookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy who*is labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen.* **</P>

Bennett is a pretty damn good blocking tight end. I guess you haven't really seen him play that much. unproven raw rookies come in and make make and impact pretty frequently in the NFL. We were worse off at tight end last year during off season speculation. OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE DONT HAVE ANY TIGHT ENDS WHO HAVE PROVEN THEMSELVES YET!!!</P>

Who said the sky is falling?* I just don't agree that we are so "set" at TE that we should not even consider any affordable potential upgrades at the position.</P>

I have seen Bennett play and I agree with every other person that has seen him play that he was a disappointment for the Cowboys.* That is why the only deal that he could get on the FA market was a one year $2.5M "show me" deal.* </P>

*</P>

Not drunk. We were apparently thin at WR last year. I think Reese know what he is doing.

Flip Empty
06-13-2012, 05:31 PM

So seemingly in a better place than last year? TEs aren't integral to the Giants' pass attack so I'm not worried.</P>

I agree that we are definitely in a better place now at TE than we were when the SB ended . . . . </P>
The SB was this year... I meant a year ago to the day. People were steaming over the loss of Kevin Boss and didn't know who was going to start.
We at least have some idea this time around.

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM

The SB was this year... I meant a year ago to the day. People were steaming over the loss of Kevin Boss and didn't know who was going to start. We at least have some idea this time around.</P>

I also agree with that . . . . </P>

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 05:43 PM

Who said the sky is falling? I just don't agree that we are so "set" at TE that we should not even consider any affordable potential upgrades at the position.</P>

I have seen Bennett play and I agree with every other person that has seen him play that he was a disappointment for the Cowboys. That is why the only deal that he could get on the FA market was a one year $2.5M "show me" deal. </P>

</P>

Not drunk. <FONT size=4>We were apparently thin at WR last year</FONT>. I think Reese know what he is doing.</P>

. . . . and Reese brought in Brandon Stokely, didn't he?</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Who said the sky is falling?* I just don't agree that we are so "set" at TE that we should not even consider any affordable potential upgrades at the position.</P>

I have seen Bennett play and I agree with every other person that has seen him play that he was a disappointment for the Cowboys.* That is why the only deal that he could get on the FA market was a one year $2.5M "show me" deal.* </P>

*</P>

Not drunk. <FONT size=4>We were apparently thin at WR last year</FONT>. I think Reese know what he is doing.</P>

How'd that work out?

T-Murda84
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Why would we go after Graham.....Graham is a blocker who cant catch a cold, dont we already have Bennett here to drop some balls?

GMENAGAIN
06-13-2012, 10:11 PM

</P>

How'd that work out?</P>

Eh, the point is that out TE position is not so "set" that we should just ignore potentail upgrades. </P>

Drez
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Graham is a good blocker with pass-catching ability. I think the Giants are set at TE though. Also, Graham is an ex-Patriot so this move could look like a feeble comeback attempt haha</p>

I don't get how we are "set" at TE. </p>

We have a raw, late-roundrookie, an underachiever playing on a one year "show me" deal, a guy coming off an ACL injury who probably won't be able to contribute at all this year, and a guy whois labeled as a blocking TE but is one of the worst blocking TE's that I have ever seen. </p>
Beckum should be ready pretty early in the year. He's already running.

Granted, that doesn't mean he'll contribute, though. [:$]

JesseJames
06-14-2012, 11:47 AM
I think people are misunderstanding my meaning with this thread, I don't want us to pick up Graham as a starter but as insurance against injury to Bennett and so we aren't left with counting on Beckum and Pascoe as our starting TE..

TrueBlue@NYC
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I think people are misunderstanding my meaning with this thread, I don't want us to pick up Graham as a starter but as insurance against injury to Bennett and so we aren't left with counting on Beckum and Pascoe as our starting TE..

Even if we pick him up, and Bennett gets injured he's probably not starting over Pascoe. If anything he's taking Robinson or Hopkins place on the roster.

The bottom end of your roster should always consist of younger, developing players. Hopkins and Robinson qualify as that Graham should only be looked at if we get an injury during camp.

GMENAGAIN
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I think people are misunderstanding my meaning with this thread, I don't want us to pick up Graham as a starter but as insurance against injury to Bennett and so we aren't left with counting on Beckum and Pascoe as our starting TE.. Even if we pick him up, and Bennett gets injured he's probably not starting over Pascoe. If anything he's taking Robinson or Hopkins place on the roster. The bottom end of your roster should always consist of younger, developing players. Hopkins and Robinson qualify as that Graham should only be looked at if we get an injury during camp.</P>

There is no question that Graham would start over Pascoe. </P>

</P>

JesseJames
06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
I think people are misunderstanding my meaning with this thread, I don't want us to pick up Graham as a starter but as insurance against injury to Bennett and so we aren't left with counting on Beckum and Pascoe as our starting TE.. Even if we pick him up, and Bennett gets injured he's probably not starting over Pascoe. If anything he's taking Robinson or Hopkins place on the roster. The bottom end of your roster should always consist of younger, developing players. Hopkins and Robinson qualify as that Graham should only be looked at if we get an injury during camp.</P>

There is no question that Graham would start over Pascoe.* </P>

*</P>absolutely