PDA

View Full Version : Giants game is the biggest game of 2012

Lambeau12
06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
For the Packers already. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1201773-green-bay-packers-most-important-game-of-2012-week-12-new-york-giants-rematch
It isn't by revenge standards. It is because we know if we can get past you guys we have a solid chance at winning it all.

YATittle1962
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
just rewatched it last night.
that was one for the ages.

lots of uncharacteristic mistakes for the Pack
and Rodgers was running all over the place for first downs

the Giants making lots of plays
and I feel the Hail Mary all but sealed it even before the 3rd quarter
took a ton of wind from the sails

but there is no saying they would have gotten past the 49ers....even at home

that was one tough *** team

Lambeau12
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I feel it could have been different if the hail mary didnt happen. I think the Giants might have still won but it would have been like the 07 championship game and alot closer.

midnite_nj
06-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Either way we both should be in contention thru out the year for a possible playoff rematch. I know we are ready to defend our thrones and your pack will be ready for some revenge. Should be another unforgettable season. Go Big Blue !!!!

Lambeau12
06-13-2012, 04:55 PM
How does you guys schedule look this upcoming year?

Neverend
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
just rewatched it last night.
that was one for the ages.

lots of uncharacteristic mistakes for the Pack
and Rodgers was running all over the place for first downs

the Giants making lots of plays
and I feel the Hail Mary all but sealed it even before the 3rd quarter
took a ton of wind from the sails

but there is no saying they would have gotten past the 49ers....even at home

that was one tough *** team

Yeah. Rodgers was incredible in that game. Those runs when the giants bottled them up in man, those throws into unbelievably tight windows... MVP was very well deserved

NWKEffectElement
06-13-2012, 05:17 PM

The toughest schedule in the league again. But thats nothing new. Its been like that for 4 out of the past 5 yrs.

buffyblue
06-13-2012, 06:02 PM

The toughest schedule in the league again. But thats nothing new. Its been like that for 4 out of the past 5 yrs.

This year it will be the toughest. Last season it was the 3rd toughest.

I am really looking firward to Green Bay Packer ganr but more excited about New Orleans Saints having to play us in Giants Stadium.

It is hard ti say which game will be most important for us. That will be dictated on what position we are in. Heck if we need ti win the last game to make the playoffs then that one will be the most important for us.

Lambeau12
06-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I knew you guys were a solid team after we played you the first time in the regular season. That game was eerie similar to the week 17 Giants Patriots game in 2007. I dont know why the Giants threaten to can Coughlin every year cause that is one well coached team. McCarthy is terrible at game preparation while Coughlin is one of the best.

WR4Life
06-14-2012, 01:16 AM

I am really looking firward to Green Bay Packer ganr but more excited about New Orleans Saints having to play us in Giants Stadium.

It is hard ti say which game will be most important for us. That will be dictated on what position we are in. Heck if we need ti win the last game to make the playoffs then that one will be the most important for us.

Actually based on last year's final standings, it was the league's hardest schedule.

Toadofsteel
06-14-2012, 02:20 AM
I knew you guys were a solid team after we played you the first time in the regular season. That game was eerie similar to the week 17 Giants Patriots game in 2007. I dont know why the Giants threaten to can Coughlin every year cause that is one well coached team. McCarthy is terrible at game preparation while Coughlin is one of the best.

I still wonder if having two byes in a row (rested week 17 and 1st seed bye) had something to do with the way that divisional game played out... it seemed as though a lot of those passes that were dropped by the Pack in that game seemed a little... errant.

buffyblue
06-14-2012, 07:23 AM

Actually based on last year's final standings, it was the league's hardest schedule.

Okay. i stand corrected. Thank you.

So technically and correct me if I am wrong, depending on next seasons final standings we may not have the hardest schedule.

buffyblue
06-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Lambeau12, I think it is media and angry fans that always cry about wanting to can Coach Coughlin and media and angry fans that always cry about canning Eli Manning. I highly doubt that NY Giants want to do any of that. Please realize the media in NYC is brutal with the media in Boston probably a close second.

I have to agree with you in your veiws on game preperation. I was real surprised that Coach McCarthy sat his starters for the last game of the season, Coach Coughlin would not have done that. I think the layoff of Green Bay Packers is something that Coach Coughlin and NY Giants coaching staff worked into the game plan. That is why I think the increased pressure on defense from us and the risky plays on offense. It was important to get Green Bay Packers on their heels in that game and try and exploit the layoff. Doggone it, that was a long layoff for the Green Bay Packers especially considering the tempo of their game that they are used to as well as the fact that they played NY Giants in the regular season and NY Giants were still not healthy on defense and NY Giants defense was a lot healthier when they played them in playoffs. Basically we punched you guys in the mouth and didnít let up. I was very, very proud that we beat such a great team in their house and I know you guys are coming for some revenge this upcoming season and that is going to be an incredible match up.

I like our chances to repeat and I am very excited about this upcomin season. It is awesome because this will now be the second season in row that I am home in The States for the full season and I will get to either watch all the games on television or go in person.

Although I am confident and really like our chances to repeat the favorites to go to SuperBowl from NFC has to be San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers. You guys and the 49ers seem to have the most complete teams in NFC and have demonstrated that you can play consistent week in and week out during the regular season. Bears and Falcons have good shot and unfortunately so do Philadelphia Eagles even though I think dog killa will not make it through the entire season and that team just deflates when he is not there.

This season is going to rock and Green Bay Packers against NY Giants is going to be a stellar game that we are all looking forward to.
I will be going to that game because night games are extra special. Please let me know if you will be going to the game because you and yours are more than welcome to join me and my buddies for pre game and if there is anything we can do to help make your stay more comfortable and convenient let us know. I recommend if you stay at hotel near the stadium that Sheraton is way to go. They have a great bar with good food that is reasonably priced in the hotel and there will be a bunch of cheeseheads there and Sheraton gives a big discount for Military, Law Enforcement, public servants as well as federal employees.

I bELIeve.

Redeyejedi
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I feel it could have been different if the hail mary didnt happen. I think the Giants might have still won but it would have been like the 07 championship game and alot closer.It would of been a lot more nerve racking when the refs tried to keep the Pack in the game with the cheap Osi call

Redeyejedi
06-14-2012, 09:07 AM

Lambeau12, I think it is media and angry fans that always cry about wanting to can Coach Coughlin and media and angry fans that always cry about canning Eli Manning. I highly doubt that NY Giants want to do any of that. Please realize the media in NYC is brutal with the media in Boston probably a close second.

I have to agree with you in your veiws on game preperation. I was real surprised that Coach McCarthy sat his starters for the last game of the season, Coach Coughlin would not have done that. I think the layoff of Green Bay Packers is something that Coach Coughlin and NY Giants coaching staff worked into the game plan. That is why I think the increased pressure on defense from us and the risky plays on offense. It was important to get Green Bay Packers on their heels in that game and try and exploit the layoff. Doggone it, that was a long layoff for the Green Bay Packers especially considering the tempo of their game that they are used to as well as the fact that they played NY Giants in the regular season and NY Giants were still not healthy on defense and NY Giants defense was a lot healthier when they played them in playoffs. Basically we punched you guys in the mouth and didnít let up. I was very, very proud that we beat such a great team in their house and I know you guys are coming for some revenge this upcoming season and that is going to be an incredible match up.

I like our chances to repeat and I am very excited about this upcomin season. It is awesome because this will now be the second season in row that I am home in The States for the full season and I will get to either watch all the games on television or go in person.

Although I am confident and really like our chances to repeat the favorites to go to SuperBowl from NFC has to be San Francisco 49ers and Green Bay Packers. You guys and the 49ers seem to have the most complete teams in NFC and have demonstrated that you can play consistent week in and week out during the regular season. Bears and Falcons have good shot and unfortunately so do Philadelphia Eagles even though I think dog killa will not make it through the entire season and that team just deflates when he is not there.

This season is going to rock and Green Bay Packers against NY Giants is going to be a stellar game that we are all looking forward to.
I will be going to that game because night games are extra special. Please let me know if you will be going to the game because you and yours are more than welcome to join me and my buddies for pre game and if there is anything we can do to help make your stay more comfortable and convenient let us know. I recommend if you stay at hotel near the stadium that Sheraton is way to go. They have a great bar with good food that is reasonably priced in the hotel and there will be a bunch of cheeseheads there and Sheraton gives a big discount for Military, Law Enforcement, public servants as well as federal employees.

I bELIeve. I think most fans that feel that way think the team underachieves from a week 2 week basis. The Giants are not the most consistently ready to play team there is.. They are very hit and miss and it can be frustrating.I think most think the team is more talented then the 9-7 Regular Season record shows and winning the Super Bowl proves that

SweetZombieJesus
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
It's a shame the 49er-Packer game is out of the way so early in week one. That would be a dandy in December.

SweetZombieJesus
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM

NFC East is always tough, NFC South (Saints have killed us for the last 5 years and the Falcons are a playoff team), AFC North (Steelers & Ravens), and of course the remaining NFC division winners SF and GB. I think we have 7 playoff opponents. We seem to get crazy difficult schedules.

SweetZombieJesus
06-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I dont know why the Giants threaten to can Coughlin every year cause that is one well coached team. McCarthy is terrible at game preparation while Coughlin is one of the best.

It's more the media/fanbase calling for his head, although the championship masks the bad... Truth is the Giants have been somewhat consistent (playoffs every year but 2004 and 2009, and deserved to be in at 10-6 in 2010) but not 14-2 every year consistent and aside from 2008 have not been dominant. Also prior to last year's run there was three years of one-and-done playoff bounces, no home playoff wins since 2000, and some gut-wrenching collapses such as the 2010 Eagles game that we lost the week before we played Green Bay (which, had we won that 2010 game against you, would have knocked you out of the playoffs meaning you couldn't have gone on your championship run, and gotten us in). At the point of the Eagles game we were in the driver's seat -- that would have locked up the division and we were in the hunt for the top seed, and we were up 24 points in the 4th quarter. We went from locking up the division and worrying about home field to completely missing the playoffs in two games; technically 5 quarters. The Giants have had some real head-scratching turds... The Eagles had a 7 game winning streak against us and had beaten us twice in the first round of the playoffs bookending our 2007 run and we always seem to get outcoached by the Eagles. I defy you to watch that 2010 Eagles meltdown and tell me the team was well prepared and coached.

It's not all wine and roses, but in the glow of a championship it can be forgiven.

Also based on what another poster said I want to point out the New York media. I expect in Green Bay the media is fawning or at very least forgiving. We don't have that here, there is no "rah rah" or very little of it. They are very demanding and critical of our sports teams and the attitude is always "Win NOW". This probably is because that's the way the city works in all aspects of life, and we get spoiled by the Yankees setting such high standards. For example, the Devils just lost the Stanley Cup Finals and there is no congratulations on a good effort type stuff, only shame and indifference for failing to win it all. The media does engage with the bluster and drama of the Jets but of course will turn just as fast when the Jets fail to win it all. They are always looking for Muhammed-Ali or Joe Namath-esque guarantees, which is just not the Giants' style so they tend to be hated by the media for not providing fodder.

Lambeau12
06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah the media is hard on Eli when he has a bad game. Eli is a underrated qb and he has proved that with 2 super bowl wins. I hope Rodgers can tie him with his 2nd.

Lambeau12
06-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah we did have alot of calls go our way. Hopefully it is a well officiated game this season. The Giants are always a tough team to play.

Lambeau12
06-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I dont know why the Giants threaten to can Coughlin every year cause that is one well coached team. McCarthy is terrible at game preparation while Coughlin is one of the best.

It's more the media/fanbase calling for his head, although the championship masks the bad...* Truth is the Giants have been somewhat consistent (playoffs every year but 2004 and 2009, and deserved to be in at 10-6 in 2010) but not 14-2 every year consistent and aside from 2008 have not been dominant.* Also prior to last year's run there was three years of one-and-done playoff bounces, no home playoff wins since 2000, and some gut-wrenching collapses such as the 2010 Eagles game that we lost the week before we played Green Bay (which, had we won that 2010 game against you, would have knocked you out of the playoffs meaning you couldn't have gone on your championship run, and gotten us in).* At the point of the Eagles game we were in the driver's seat -- that would have locked up the division and we were in the hunt for the top seed, and we were up 24 points in the 4th quarter.* We went from locking up the division and worrying about home field to completely missing the playoffs in two games; technically 5 quarters.* The Giants have had some real head-scratching turds...* The Eagles had a 7 game winning streak against us and had beaten us twice in the first round of the playoffs bookending our 2007 run and we always seem to get outcoached by the Eagles.* I defy you to watch that 2010 Eagles meltdown and tell me the team was well prepared and coached.

It's not all wine and roses, but in the glow of a championship it can be forgiven.

Also based on what another poster said I want to point out the New York media.* I expect in Green Bay the media is fawning or at very least forgiving.* We don't have that here, there is no "rah rah" or very little of it.* They are very demanding and critical of our sports teams and the attitude is always "Win NOW".* This probably is because that's the way the city works in all aspects of life, and we get spoiled by the Yankees setting such high standards.* For example, the Devils just lost the Stanley Cup Finals and there is no congratulations on a good effort type stuff, only shame and indifference for failing to win it all.* The media does engage with the bluster and drama of the Jets but of course will turn just as fast when the Jets fail to win it all.* They are always looking for Muhammed-Ali or Joe Namath-esque guarantees, which is just not the Giants' style so they tend to be hated by the media for not providing fodder.

You guys are a road team so homefield would probably hurt you more then anything. Playing on the road helps the Giants alot and homefield seems to kill us nowadays. We lost our Lambeau mystique.

buffyblue
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Eli Manningís love of playing at Lambeau Field in the playoffs I bELIeve has to be linked to the fact that in that NFC Championship[ game against the legendary Brett Farve, it was obvious that Eli Manning was dealing with the elements better than Brett Farve was. at least that would be a cool way for it to have started and I will try and continue to think that, lol..........

Lambeau12
06-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Please dont remind me of that game. That was a heartbreaker. Right now I think the Giants are in our heads. Not sure if we can beat you guys unless our defense can pressure Eli and that is a big if right now.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Please dont remind me of that game. That was a heartbreaker. Right now I think the Giants are in our heads. Not sure if we can beat you guys unless our defense can pressure Eli and that is a big if right now.

Listen. I'm not going to say it's over like Pack fans were saying last playoffs... but it's over. The Packers should just not bother even dressing a game next year. It would be for not.

SweetZombieJesus
06-15-2012, 09:55 AM

Even then, SF brought the house at him like I haven't seen in a long time and he was still money.

http://i39.tinypic.com/23iff6d.jpg

Lambeau12
06-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I watch the Giants alot when the Pack isnt on. I always pull for the Giants as long as it doesn't effect us in any way. You guys should feel blessed to have Eli Manning as your qb. Good quarterbacks are hard to come by. Of course we have been blessed the last 20 years having Favre and Rodgers.

Toadofsteel
06-16-2012, 02:39 AM
You know... all this talk about the new york media makes me think... maybe the Giants do better on the road because they're farther away from said new york media?

SweetZombieJesus
06-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I watch the Giants alot when the Pack isnt on. I always pull for the Giants as long as it doesn't effect us in any way. You guys should feel blessed to have Eli Manning as your qb. Good quarterbacks are hard to come by. Of course we have been blessed the last 20 years having Favre and Rodgers.

We really are blessed and most don't recognize it. He's the best QB we've ever had and the only one to win 2 championships. While we haven't exactly had chopped liver at QB, we've never had a league superstar with the possible exception of YA Tittle.

You guys are extremely blessed to have two great QBs back to back.