PDA

View Full Version : Don't quite understand waiving Ballard to pick up Rocky again?

NYG4lifeNYK
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe we know something about Ballard and his injury or something else but I think I can speak for all of us when I say Ballard looked very promising.

Just seems odd we would waive Ballard just to pick up Rocky again.

buddy33
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
One guy can play this year if he makes the team. The other won't be playing this year and who knows if he will be 100% next year. He also didn't pass a physical.

slipknottin
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
calculated risk. With Canty nursing an injury from last season, Rogers having an elbow injury, Austin being an unknown completely, and Kuhn not being allowed to practice, they needed another DT.

miked1958
06-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Just read an online article about how upset and disappointed TC and the giants front office was at losing him. They thought he'd clear waivers and reclaim him.

Drez
06-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't think it was so much that we waived Ballard for Bernard, but rather we waived Ballard so we could use that roster spot on someone who may be able to contribute to the 2012 campaign. Mind you no one ever thought that someone would actually claim Ballard off of waivers, which would have meant that his rights would revert back to us and we could place him on IR for the season.

RoanokeFan
06-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Maybe we know something about Ballard and his injury or something else but I think I can speak for all of us when I say Ballard looked very promising.

They didn't waive Ballard to pick up Bernard. They waives Ballard assuming he's clear waivers and go to IR. The picked up Bernard to fill a roster spot.

jomo
06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Duh, we have a healthy guy who can contribute this year at a positon of need versus a guy who will not play this year and may never play again. This is a bad decision because??

RoanokeFan
06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Duh, we have a healthy guy who can contribute this year at a positon of need versus a guy who will not play this year and may never play again. This is a bad decision because??

You want reasons? Pffftttt!

T-Murda84
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.

RoanokeFan
06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.

This wasn't a cause and effect issue. A roster sot opened and they filled it. They like Bernard, he knows the system, and he's not costing a lot of money

Joe Morrison
06-13-2012, 07:28 PM

This wasn't a cause and effect issue. A roster sot opened and they filled it. They like Bernard, he knows the system, and he's not costing a lot of money
</P>

All comes down to the dollar with Reese, can peel an orange in his pocket!</P>

NYGRealityCheck
06-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Focusing on the upcoming season....

Ballard is out for the 2012 season. Therefore it's not a big loss concerning the 2012 season.

There's no way anyone predicted the Patroits with Gronk and A. Hernandez of all teams to immediately snipe Ballard off waiers. As to what the Patriots plan to do with Ballard? Good luck to them.

Drez
06-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Yes. And they had a contract offer out to Bernard for a while now, too. Had he decided earlier to accept it there wouldn't be this dubious correlation.

Simmsy
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM

The Giants wanted to have their cake and eat it too. This was a blunder, but certainly not one which I would consider significant. I'm sure if they could take it back they would, but it's not the worst thing ever to befall this team.

(Dave Brown is the worst thing ever to befall this team. :-D )

FBomb
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Lol Rocky Bernard for Ballard! What was Reese thinking. Hopefully the coaching staff can save Reese's behind again and again.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB1jZAuCCwrhpqoPyfuaJSi_naFd-xNheus5BgHyHp241YcEkE</P>

Mercury
06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to add that Linval Joseph is not currently practicing either. He is recovering from ankle surgery. They were short on active DTs.

hungrrrry
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
calculated risk. With Canty nursing an injury from last season, Rogers having an elbow injury, Austin being an unknown completely, and Kuhn not being allowed to practice, they needed another DT.I agree...Rocky can still play...he isnt a "rock"star at the position but he does help the rotation. Ballard can't help us in 2012...he can't help anyone. We would be hurting our team, technically, if we kept him over someone that could help our team. By bringing rocky back we help our team by creating enough competition at that position...a position, mind you, that struggled last season. If we kept Ballard instead, we don't create that much competition there and then settle for what we have...which would be an average interior line rotation...at best!!!