PDA

View Full Version : Belichick no stranger to waiver claiming scandals: (Giants Related)

TuckYou
06-14-2012, 10:52 AM
In a 2007 radio interview, <FONT color=#000000>Childress detailed a conversation he had with Belichick</FONT> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006687) about the Vikings' plans to claim 2006 Patriots fourth-round draft choice Garrett Mills on waivers. Belichick was apparently trying to talk Childress out of it, but the Vikings still claimed Mills. In turn, the Patriots claimed Vikings linebacker David Herron on waivers in what looked like retaliation (the Patriots released Herron a few weeks later).

Couple that story with Childress' most recent remarks -- and then factor in how word of the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade leaked out early and Childress saying that the Patriots had privately worked out 2009 Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin a few days before the draft -- and it would be easy to see why the tight-lipped Belichick might roll his eyes at Childress allowing behind-the-scenes business to become so public.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4686027/opinion-on-belichick-childress</P>

So, to those that still feel like he did this in the best interest of the Pats and not just to spite the GMEN and TC, do you still feel the same way? He has done this before. He is a shady coach and GM. Bitterness, sour grapes, sore loser... call it what ever, but the only reason he claimed Ballard was to try to anger the Giants FO. </P>

I guess he isnt a fan of Tom Coughlin anymore now that Tom has caught up with his legacy and beaten him 2x in the superbowl. </P>

GMENAGAIN
06-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I still think that the idea that he did it out of spite (over what, that we beat him in the SB??) is just silly.</P>

Who cares even if that was the case? I would much rather Belicheck be focused onchildish ways tospite the Giants, rather than on how tobeat us on the fieldin the next SB . . . . .</P>

TuckYou
06-14-2012, 11:13 AM
I still think that the idea that he did it out of spite (over what, that we beat him in the SB??) is just silly.</P>

Who cares even if that was the case? I would much rather Belicheck be focused onchildish ways tospite the Giants, rather than on how tobeat us on the fieldin the next SB . . . . .</P>

</P>

I think it is a mixture of things. Its seeing the Giants end their run to perfection on the biggest stage, its seeing the Giants end the long home winning streak in Foxborough during the regular season, its seeing the Giants beat them yet again in their attempt to put a stamp on the "legacy" in SB46. It was seeing Eli claim he was in Brady's class, then watching him come through with game winning drives in the final minute twice. It was seeing TC, a coach he coached with for the GMEN in the 80's, 90's, keep on beating him and always pinning the "Yeah, but you couldnt beat the Giants..." tag on his jacket. </P>

All this gets under Bills skin. You know it burns him inside. Its the way he is. He does everything he can, legal and illeagal, to gain the upper hand. If he doesnt get what he wants, he does things that are just straight out of the book of ******ry. I think they lock that book up in a vault in Boston. </P>

If you dont think Bill reads some of this "Giants upset they lost out on Ballard" crap and cracks a smile....</P>

Again, Im not upset. I think Ballard is a average TE who is easily replaceable. But I totally respect him for what he contributed and tried to do in the SB. I hope we get him back one day.</P>

Flip Empty
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
In a 2007 radio interview, <FONT color=#000000>Childress detailed a conversation he had with Belichick</FONT> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006687) about the Vikings' plans to claim 2006 Patriots fourth-round draft choice Garrett Mills on waivers. Belichick was apparently trying to talk Childress out of it, but the Vikings still claimed Mills. In turn, the Patriots claimed Vikings linebacker David Herron on waivers in what looked like retaliation (the Patriots released Herron a few weeks later).

Couple that story with Childress' most recent remarks -- and then factor in how word of the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade leaked out early and Childress saying that the Patriots had privately worked out 2009 Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin a few days before the draft -- and it would be easy to see why the tight-lipped Belichick might roll his eyes at Childress allowing behind-the-scenes business to become so public.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4686027/opinion-on-belichick-childress</P>

So, to those that still feel like he did this in the best interest of the Pats and not just to spite the GMEN and TC, do you still feel the same way? He has done this before. He is a shady coach and GM. Bitterness, sour grapes, sore loser... call it what ever, but the only reason he claimed Ballard was to try to anger the Giants FO. </P>

I guess he isnt a fan of Tom Coughlin anymore now that Tom has caught up with his legacy and beaten him 2x in the superbowl. </P>

From what I understand, off the field, TC and Belicheck are pretty close friends. I've also never hear BB take shots at the Giants in pressers, even subtle ones like he does to other teams. I think there is a lot of mutual respect between the two organizations. the Crafts, the Tisch;s and the Maras have a pretty solid relationship outside of football and even in football.
The Patriots saw an opportunity to pick up a solid player and they took him. It happens all the time.

zimonami
06-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.
Absolutely... and he has to sit out the year as an outcast... he doesn't know his new team mates and they surely don''t want a non-contributing/non-practicing player in the club house... that rejection is hard enough on guys that know their team mates. Ballard at leasy had friends in the locker room and would have been able to come in and work out his upper body and rehab his leg among freindly faces.
Garagolo had a piece on SNY last night showing TC's reaction. He refused to comment but Garafolo said he was angry about it all day.

radar-ray
06-14-2012, 11:32 AM

Not happy JB is gone, but it's business. JR took a risk (perhaps unnessary) and got burnt. BB is a sharp cookie. By the way isn't JB a free agent next year?</P>

Meant to hit reply, not quote.</P>

Flip Empty
06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
From what I understand, off the field, TC and Belicheck are pretty close friends. I've also never hear BB take shots at the Giants in pressers, even subtle ones like he does to other teams. I think there is a lot of mutual respect between the two organizations. the Crafts, the Tisch;s and the Maras have a pretty solid relationship outside of football and even in football.
The Patriots saw an opportunity to pick up a solid player and they took him. It happens all the time.
Yeah, their hug after XLVI was very genuine. Coming from the normally emotionally-dormant Belichick, that's huge.
http://i.imgur.com/Y35FV.jpg

buddy33
06-14-2012, 11:48 AM
This move by the Patriots is still strange. Ballard will not be playing this year and even if he makes It on the field next year he may not be 100%. It took KP a full 2 years to get back to speed from micro fracture surgery. Look at what Smith looked like las year and everyone was upset that the Giants didn't offer him enough money.

JesseJames
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Belichek has a history of being a scumbag so this whole scenario doesn't surprise me.....

greenca190
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Belicheck and Coughlin are similar coaches. Similar mentalities, similar ideas as to what characteristics make a good football player in their system.

No surprise that Belicheck would look at a player that Coughlin and co. has coached up over the last year and see the potential in the guy.

SweetZombieJesus
06-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Absolutely... and he has to sit out the year as an outcast... he doesn't know his new team mates and they surely don''t want a non-contributing/non-practicing player in the club house...

He was talking about Belichick -- catch "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" on NFL Network sometime. Bill took the camera crew on a tour of the Giants' facilities the last time he was in the old stadium against the Jets, and he got very emotional and wistful about all the hours he spent in that place.

Cool Papa B.
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Just because Belichick has a respect and frienship with Coughlin and the Giants organization doesn't mean he doesn't want to see them lose or fail.

BB is a fierce competitor who would do practically anything to gain an edge. Just ask the St. Louis Rams. No one can tell that there wasn't some spite in this move. Ballard isn't even going to play next year and there is a big ? as to how good he will be in 2013. And NE certainly isn't in great need in the TE position for the next few years.

The lesson learned here IMO is don't take chances putting players you like on waivers. And watch out for Belichick. He use to be a Giant but he's not anymore.

SweetZombieJesus
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
And NE certainly isn't in great need in the TE position for the next few years.

They just gave Gronk a $54 million 6 year contract which means they won't be able to afford Hernandez when his rookie deal is up, and they'll probably look to move him with time left on his deal so they can get draft picks.

Cool Papa B.
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM

They just gave Gronk a $54 million 6 year contract which means they won't be able to afford Hernandez when his rookie deal is up, and they'll probably look to move him with time left on his deal so they can get draft picks.

So they take their chances on a TE that wont even practice in 2012, and might not be 100% for 2013? With all the other TE's available in free agency?

repeatchamps
06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
From what I understand, off the field, TC and Belicheck are pretty close friends. I've also never hear BB take shots at the Giants in pressers, even subtle ones like he does to other teams. I think there is a lot of mutual respect between the two organizations. the Crafts, the Tisch;s and the Maras have a pretty solid relationship outside of football and even in football. The Patriots saw an opportunity to pick up a solid player and they took him. It happens all the time. Yeah, their hug after XLVI was very genuine. Coming from the normally emotionally-dormant Belichick, that's huge. http://i.imgur.com/Y35FV.jpg</P>

That picture is one of my all time favorites in the history of my Giants fandom. Goosebumps everytime I see that. As a Giants fan despite all Belicheck's faults and distasteful traits, it all goes by the wayside with me when it comes to historic Giants moments like the one pictured and all the ties Bill had to the glory years of Giants football during the Parcells era as well as with Coughlin. This moment captured here is a dream moment if you are a Giants fan who lived through and recalls like it was yesteday the Parcells era.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
It was a stupid move, so I'm hoping Belichek was actually being shady because if he wasn't then he's just stupid

TuckYou
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM

</P>

They just signed 2 other TEs though. Its just a very strange and odd move to make. </P>

gumby742
06-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Dunno, I still find it hard to believe that the Pats would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars just to do something out of spite.

timmytimm3
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM

</P>

They just signed 2 other TEs though. Its just a very strange and odd move to make. </P>

Ballard knows our playbook pretty well too...

GMENAGAIN
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM

</P>

Ballard knows our playbook pretty well too...</P>

So Belicheck picked him up in order to get access to our playbook so that he can beat us the next time we play in the SB? Do you really belive that?</P>

Cool Papa B.
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Not necessarily! This could be him being spiteful to the Giants and giving them the finger.

zimonami
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM

</P>

Ballard knows our playbook pretty well too...</P>

So Belicheck picked him up in order to get access to our playbook so that he can beat us the next time we play in the SB?* Do you really belive that?</P>
I don't beieve that angle, at all. Ballard will never be on the field with his team mates this year. It's going to be a year of frustration for him... not being able to contribute, and being ostracized by his unfamiliar new team mates because he isn't on the field or even practicing. I don't see Jake simply handing our book to BB, especially when there's been no loyalty needed or shown from either side. Jake's in Limbo until next year.

MikeIsaGiant
06-14-2012, 04:55 PM
We don't play the Patriots unless we meet in the SB, but that's possible not highly unlikely again...

Stupid notion

vinylord
06-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that every team in the league had already passed on the waiver claim before the choice came to the Patsies.The two best teams, the Giants and Patsies certainly must be last and next-to-last in the pecking order, right? So if EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league respected the "unwritten rule" to respect injured players rights, then New England certainly stands out in foul activity once again.Why would Bellychick do such an immoral thing? Maybe it has something to do with the death of Patriots owner Kraft's wife during the season. Certainly Hoody Hoodwink dedicated the season to her memory then failed to deliver the goods. Is this something a mature man would engage in? Well, no - but he did the exact revenge claim against the Vikings - as well as Spygate, so - it certainly looks suspicious. Maybe Mr. Mara knows a good way to pay this treachery back.....I'll be keeping my ear to the ground on that.

GMENAGAIN
06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that every team in the league had already passed on the waiver claim before the choice came to the Patsies.The two best teams, the Giants and Patsies certainly must be last and next-to-last in the pecking order, right? So if EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league respected the "unwritten rule" to respect injured players rights, then New England certainly stands out in foul activity once again.Why would Bellychick do such an immoral thing? Maybe it has something to do with the death of Patriots owner Kraft's wife during the season. Certainly Hoody Hoodwink dedicated the season to her memory then failed to deliver the goods. Is this something a mature man would engage in? Well, no - but he did the exact revenge claim against the Vikings - as well as Spygate, so - it certainly looks suspicious. Maybe Mr. Mara knows a good way to pay this treachery back.....I'll be keeping my ear to the ground on that.</P>

[:O]</P>

bearbryant
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I've watched the New England media and now the NFL F. O. try to cannonize belichek into St. Bill. Its not working and its no longer the reality that everyone first thought it was when the talents on his '07 offense were crowned to be " The best offense ever"--- till we kicked their butts in SB XLII. I don't blame him for claiming ballard but after a cooler view of the situation I sure do criticize him for the move. The move doesn't make $$$ sense. They have a 50 MM TE along w/ a B/U who showed he can do the work if gronk gets injured. So you take up a roster spot for a year or 2 to pray that your 2 existing TE's get hurt??? I don't get it!!! I like JB but after the surgery its a crap shoot about his future. Go Giants!

TuckYou
06-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Do you guys think Robinson has what it takes to play at this level? Has anyone heard anything about him so far?

buffyblue
06-14-2012, 07:51 PM
NE Patriots claimed Jake Ballard off waivers because they just tied up a ton of money in Rob Gronkowski and paid Wes Welker so may wind up losing Hernandez after this season.

Jake Ballard is the type of player that Bill Bellichek likes and he will get a lot out of him is he is needed after this season. It is a relatively low risk, low cost gamble if they fail to sign Hernandez. If they do sign Hernandez and wind up letting Jake Ballard go after this season they lose very little.

It is a very smart move.

miked1958
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.I think he does. I think of the timing was right and TC retired I think he'd be first in line to try and get giants job so he could retire as a NYG

Firenugget
06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
In a 2007 radio interview, <font color="#000000">Childress detailed a conversation he had with Belichick</font> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006687) about the Vikings' plans to claim 2006 Patriots fourth-round draft choice Garrett Mills on waivers. Belichick was apparently trying to talk Childress out of it, but the Vikings still claimed Mills. In turn, the Patriots claimed Vikings linebacker David Herron on waivers in what looked like retaliation (the Patriots released Herron a few weeks later).

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4686027/opinion-on-belichick-childress</p>

So, to those that still feel like he did this in the best interest of the Pats and not just to spite the GMEN and TC, do you still feel the same way? He has done this before. He is a shady coach and GM. Bitterness, sour grapes, sore loser... call it what ever, but the only reason he claimed Ballard was to try to anger the Giants FO. </p>

I guess he isnt a fan of Tom Coughlin anymore now that Tom has caught up with his legacy and beaten him 2x in the superbowl. </p>

Sorry but I just don't see anything in what you posted to back up what you're claiming. I mean you really think he has nothing better to do than watch the Giants waiver wire just to snag someone out of spite or something? Ever stop to think that maybe the Giants screwed up and the Pats just jumped on a good thing?

From the TC interview it would seem as though that's the case and he didn't even know he was waived until finding out the Pats grabbed him. So blame the F.O. rather than cooking up a conspiracy.

NJGiants2733
06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
BB put himself in a great position to pull a typical Reese move. Sure, they throw $500k away to get him for this year, but when he becomes a free agent next year he'll be coming off of a full year without playing due to a major knee injury and they'll get the first crack at signing him. Bargain contract anyone?

Rat_bastich
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
The conspiracy theory makes absolutely no sense. Why take a player that was not going to see the field this year anyways? He wasn't going to see time with us and he isn't going to see time with the Pats.

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this pick-up. If the Pats do want him next year when he is supposed to be 100% then more power to them. I don't feel he isn't replaceable. He was not a superstar tight end. He was adequate and filled in when we needed him.

nhpgiantsfan
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
I really don't think Mr. kraft is spending $500,000 so BB can mind F&$@ the Giants. He is probably planning for 2013 because he know he is going to lose Hernandez.

Toadofsteel
06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I really don't think Mr. kraft is spending $500,000 so BB can mind F&$@ the Giants. He is probably planning for 2013 because he know he is going to lose Hernandez.

This is what I thought... There's no way the Pats will be able to sign Hernandez when his contract is up. Getting Ballard at bargain basement prices is just good business. I wouldn't be surprised either to see Hernandez out on the market for a big money contract (the kind that the filthy eagles like to pick up)

Breezely
06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, this does hurt. I don't believe teams pick up players to help defeat a team. I don't think Belicheck would get a player just to . . . .well, second thought. . . . maybe.

Well we still have Isaiah Stanback. (ex-Pat)

manning2burress
06-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Whats even weirder is thought Ballard would be a free agent next year, the contract he is under is the restricted free agent tender, unless they franchise him he's free to go where he wants isn't he?

zigwontdieNYG
06-16-2012, 01:52 AM
he did walk out onto the field and into the tunnel before regulation at the end of regulation in sb xlii

zigwontdieNYG
06-16-2012, 01:54 AM
also i dont think ballard has anything to squeal about, nor will he

Flip Empty
06-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Whats even weirder is thought Ballard would be a free agent next year, the contract he is under is the restricted free agent tender, unless they franchise him he's free to go where he wants isn't he?
They have the right to match offers from other teams though. He's their player until they let him go.

Toadofsteel
06-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.I think he does. I think of the timing was right and TC retired I think he'd be first in line to try and get giants job so he could retire as a NYGWouldn't that be interesting? Imagine it's 2017 or so... Brady has just retired, and Eli is in the twilight of his career. TC decides that at 71 years old he just can't physically deal with coaching anymore, and BB decides to coach with the Giants. That would be a sight to see.

To be fair, if it wasn't for George Young, we probably would have had BB in the 90s as our head coach. Just imagine having BB succeed Parcells, and then maybe even Coughlin after that. We would have been a powerhouse in the 1990s, and we wouldn't have to keep hearing about the 3 super bowls that the Cowboys won then, considering we would have knocked them out of contention on at least one of those...

Rat_bastich
06-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.I think he does. I think of the timing was right and TC retired I think he'd be first in line to try and get giants job so he could retire as a NYGWouldn't that be interesting? Imagine it's 2017 or so... Brady has just retired, and Eli is in the twilight of his career. TC decides that at 71 years old he just can't physically deal with coaching anymore, and BB decides to coach with the Giants. That would be a sight to see.

To be fair, if it wasn't for George Young, we probably would have had BB in the 90s as our head coach. Just imagine having BB succeed Parcells, and then maybe even Coughlin after that. We would have been a powerhouse in the 1990s, and we wouldn't have to keep hearing about the 3 super bowls that the Cowboys won then, considering we would have knocked them out of contention on at least one of those...

If we got him in the 1990's we would have had the Cleveland Browns' BB which is the complete opposite of what he became. I think some coaches need to be beat down in the game before they find their own. Although, anyone was better than R...Ra.....R.....nevermind I can't even type his name.

JMFP2
06-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Who cares even if that was the case?* I would much rather Belicheck be focused on*childish ways to*spite the Giants, rather than on how to*beat us on the field*in the next SB . . . . .**</P>

Not happy JB is gone, but it's business. JR took a risk (perhaps unnessary) and got burnt. BB is a sharp cookie. By the way isn't JB a free agent next year?</P>

Meant to hit reply, not quote.</P>Agreed....this is the risk when a player is waived ....

Toadofsteel
06-16-2012, 10:32 AM

If we got him in the 1990's we would have had the Cleveland Browns' BB which is the complete opposite of what he became. I think some coaches need to be beat down in the game before they find their own. Although, anyone was better than R...Ra.....R.....nevermind I can't even type his name.

Fair enough. I still think he would have lasted longer than Hand and Reeves combined. Then after he left, he would have made way for Coughlin most likely, who would have been more like the TC we had in 2004. The only downside is that we would have been without Eli. So, honestly, I'm glad that history happened the way it did. But it was still hard to be a Giants fan in the 90s when you were born in 1988, after XXI, and can't even remember XXV (or Simms/LT playing) at all... my first memory of the Giants is Dave Brown playing QB.

Habu
06-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure where the notion that Patriots wouldn't be able to resign Hernandez to a new contract next year. If they get Welker signed, he could actually reduce the cap hit. The Patriot's are in decent cap shape and I believe Hernandez wouldn't be a problem to sign unless he wanted astronomical $$$.

Flip Empty
06-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure where the notion that Patriots wouldn't be able to resign Hernandez to a new contract next year. If they get Welker signed, he could actually reduce the cap hit. The Patriot's are in decent cap shape and I believe Hernandez wouldn't be a problem to sign unless he wanted astronomical $$$.
Depends on his market value. I imagine it'll be quite high

burier
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM

LOL he was crying because The Giants ate his food.

18-1 works just like an onion booty on a man.

giantsfan420
06-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Depends on his market value. I imagine it'll be quite high

ppl forget how versatile and talented hernadez is. a te, rb, and wr all in one...

NE screwed themselves. they set the market for hernadez at a price they cant afford imo.

think of it like our nicks/cruz situation. if we pay nicks 50 mil, cruz is gonna at least expect near that.

well NE gave Gronks 54 mil or something. WHile he may have had the better statistical season, overall hernadez was nearly as important to that offense...

thats why they signed ballard imho and im surprised no ones realized this yet...ballard heals up and takes his time, learns NE offense, and in 2 yrs (which is when he'd actually be 100%) hernadez contract runs out, and NE has their 2nd te for dirt cheap for one last season that he'd be under contract for (ballard that is) and can decide what to do from there...

whether or not bb had spite in his thoughts when doing this, it def has its football merit. ballard is young as heck, and bb got a chance to see him play first hand...he did kinda remind me of bavaro a lil...bb prob saw the enormous potential, and understood that he could get an injured but possible future contributor to the offense for dirt cheap as insurance for when they cant re-sign hernadez

pino
06-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Belichick is a cutthroat coach, and I'm not saying that in a bad way. He's just very competative. He had an opportunity to keep a very good TE off a rival team and add him to his own stable.

We all saw how different the Patriots offense changed when Gronk injured himself. I really don't think Belichick did this out of spite more than simply improving his team.

JMFP2
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM
All Belichick cares about is getting the best players inside his locker room. Ballard burned the Patriots badly up in Foxboro, and Belichick obviously took note.

Belichick is a great coach, and I'll always respect the guy. Maybe it's because I'm older and I remember this team sucking balls before and after he left the Giants.

Belichick is a winner, and people that don't like him are whiners.

He was the best defensive coordinator the Giants ever had....period.

Giants fans should have a little more respect for him, considering what the guy did for this franchise.

Mod_C
06-22-2012, 05:01 PM

Coach Belichick's first HC job was less than stellar. That happens. He's one of the best now but he didn't start there.

zimonami
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
All Belichick cares about is getting the best players inside his locker room. Ballard burned the Patriots badly up in Foxboro, and Belichick obviously took note.

Belichick is a great coach, and I'll always respect the guy. Maybe it's because I'm older and I remember this team sucking balls before and after he left the Giants.

Belichick is a winner, and people that don't like him are whiners.

He was the best defensive coordinator the Giants ever had....period.

Giants fans should have a little more respect for him, considering what the guy did for this franchise.True dat.
The defensive game plan he conceived for SB XXV was pure genius. There were times we had 1 defensive lineman on the LOS.
It worked.
Every Giant fan thought he was a genius back then. Nothing's changed... just Coughlin having his number is all. TC knows Bill better than most, and we've played great D against Tom Tom