PDA

View Full Version : The Eli hate will forever run strong.

Marvelousmik
06-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team.

Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829d835c/Eli-Manning-or-JPP-Who-should-be-ranked-higher?module=HP11_cp

Toadofsteel
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
People would probably be gushing over Eli if he were not related to Peyton. But some refuse to see anything but "little brother". Being a guy that plays the game of football and not the game of media star also contributes somewhat...

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team.

Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829d835c/Eli-Manning-or-JPP-Who-should-be-ranked-higher?module=HP11_cp

IMO, JPP is the best defensive player in the game right now. He is top 3 in the league. We haven't had a dynamic defensive player like him since LT.

JimC
06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Silly. The top 100 list is silly. If you were going to pick ONE player from the Giants to start a new team who would it be? How many points can JPP score? Why do you think QB's make so much money?

The list doesn't bother me nearly as much as these knuckleheads talking about where players are placed. I believe the list was formed just so the talking heads have something to talk about before football starts....just silly.

Bashum_Blue
06-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Let em hate. Two Superbowl MVPs. I do have to say the lack of respect afforded to Eli is astounding but it's something we should be used to by now. He'll never get away from that crap that ****** bag A.J. Smith pulled in the draft by leaking that info to better position himself for a trade. He'll never get away from his last name. As long as his name is Manning he'll be compared to his big brother. It's ok tho. Trophy case is getting filled and the rest of the haters can suck it.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
OMG you people.......Stop friggin' whining.</P>

Maybe you should all hold your breath and stomp your feet until you all think Eli gets his "props".</P>

Stop whining and enjoy our championship.</P>

Oh thats right....you can't. Enjoy your perpetual misery then.</P>

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
P.S....I like you a lot Marvelous,,,,but this "Eli gets no respect" nonsense just rubs me the wrong way.

Harooni
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Eli gets his "props" however in Eli's case he has a great coach system and team around him. He does not lead the league with MVP like numbers. But he gets his respect for being clutch.

Personally I think his body language and faces that make people think he is a bit of a Nancy boy. But IMO that 49er game proved he is not.

TuckYou
06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I think a lot of the "disrespect" on Eli comes from him being Peytons younger brother. A lot also comes from him acting like a spoiled brat on draft day, forcing his way out of San Diego. A lot has to do with him playing for a NY team, which most people outside of NY hate just to hate because it is NY. And finally, they disrespect him because of the way he is a leader. He is not vocal. He shrugs and looks confused a bunch. </P>

Even Shaun OHara was on NFL Network and said JPP deserves to be ranked higher then Eli. JPP is a freak and a top 3 DE in the league and is only 22. Eli is not a top 3 QB in the league. </P>

Imagine for one second if you would, the opinion of Eli here if we had the 1st pick in 2004 and he demanded not to play for us... We would hate on Eli 100 fold. We would pick apart every aspect of his game that isnt perfect. We would make fun of him. We would call him a spoiled baby. We would have no respect for him even if he won 2 superbowls.</P>

</P>

nihan87
06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Honestly, I like how everyone brushes Eli off every year and then comes out and has great games. Eli took a gigantic step towards progressing his career and development last year in the type of season he had. He knows he played well and I think thats all that matters to him. Not the hype or props given to him. </P>

</P>

FBomb
06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
The obsessions on this board with meaningless listsare comical.

nhpgiantsfan
06-15-2012, 11:41 AM
IMO, there are a few things that make the talking heads knock Eli. </P>

He will be constanly compared to his big brother, even now that he has more rings than Peyton.</P>

His body language is not that of a Firey player. ( I personally love how well he keeps his cool!)</P>

And I think alot of media types really just don't like him because of how he blatently stated he wouldn't play for San Diego. I think there was a lot of "Who does this guy think he is?" attitude around football. Thus making people love to pounce on him when he struggled earlier in his career.</P>

Marvelousmik
06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Stop whining and enjoy our championship.

Thats exactly how i felt after we just won the superbowl. the day right after we won people already started whining.

the title in a way is a little misleading. I dont mind where people are ranked on the list and i dont mind how much people may doubt Eli. What i do mind is the media comparing the players on our team against each other. I dont want any type of animosity among the guys we have here. I hope they still have the team first mentality if you know what i mean.

GMENAGAIN
06-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Stop whining and enjoy our championship. Thats exactly how i felt after we just won the superbowl. the day right after we won people already started whining. the title in a way is a little misleading. I dont mind where people are ranked on the list and i dont mind how much people may doubt Eli. What i do mind is the media comparing the players on our team against each other. I dont want any type of animosity among the guys we have here. I hope they still have the team first mentality if you know what i mean.

C'mon now . . . . you actually think that a mediaarticle about who is more important to the team will cause animosity on the team???? Child please.</P>

Flip Empty
06-15-2012, 11:56 AM

Maybe you should all hold your breath and stomp your feet until you all think Eli gets his "props".</P>

Get ready for another 12 pages of it

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:00 PM

Get ready for another 12 pages of it</P>

If it happens it will only be due to the fact that Morehead is awesome.</P>

But I might let this one die. Its been done.</P>

B&RWarrior
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM

IMO, JPP is the best defensive player in the game right now. He is top 3 in the league. We haven't had a dynamic defensive player like him since LT.

JPP is less than Strahan or LT

Osi put it best when he said, "To say JPP is better than Strahan is blasphemy."

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team. Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829d835c/Eli-Manning-or-JPP-Who-should-be-ranked-higher?module=HP11_cp IMO, JPP is the best defensive player in the game right now. He is top 3 in the league. We haven't had a dynamic defensive player like him since LT. JPP is less than Strahan or LT Osi put it best when he said, "To say JPP is better than Strahan is blasphemy."</P>

Put it this way. JPP at this point in his career is a lot better than Strahan was at this point in his career.</P>

And thats really the only way to compare.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I am now convinced that no matter what Eli does, he will always have to prove himself the following season. Its to the point now where the media is trying to cause debate within our team. Its a team game and I hope JPP doesnt buy into the the hype and stays focused on the task at hand this up coming season. I know eli will. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d829d835c/Eli-Manning-or-JPP-Who-should-be-ranked-higher?module=HP11_cp IMO, JPP is the best defensive player in the game right now. He is top 3 in the league. We haven't had a dynamic defensive player like him since LT. JPP is less than Strahan or LT Osi put it best when he said, "To say JPP is better than Strahan is blasphemy."</P>

Put it this way.* JPP at this point in his career is a lot better than Strahan was at this point in his career.</P>

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Put it this way. JPP at this point in his career is a lot better than Strahan was at this point in his career.</P>

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league.</P>

He's certainly in the top 3 and could be the best player this season. I guess if you like JPP, that must mean that you hate Eli.</P>

Its the code of the thought police.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Put it this way.* JPP at this point in his career is a lot better than Strahan was at this point in his career.</P>

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league.</P>

He's certainly in the top 3 and could be the best player this season.** I guess if you like JPP, that must mean that you hate Eli.</P>

Here's a question for you. You have LT and Tom Brady on the same team. Who is your best player?

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 12:19 PM

He's certainly in the top 3 and could be the best player this season.** I guess if you like JPP, that must mean that you hate Eli.</P>

Here's a question for you. You have LT and Tom Brady on the same team. Who is your best player?

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:20 PM

He's certainly in the top 3 and could be the best player this season. I guess if you like JPP, that must mean that you hate Eli.</P>

Here's a question for you. You have LT and Tom Brady on the same team. Who is your best player?</P>

I have no idea.</P>

Is it really that important to decide?</P>

B&RWarrior
06-15-2012, 12:22 PM

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league.

He's a more effective pass rusher at this point of his career. He's a far inferior run defender at this point in his career than Strahan ever was even as a rookie.

JPP is in not the best defensive player in the league. I like the kid and I think he can be great, but he's not GREAT yet. I think learning technique will help him with consistency.

Jared Allen is better at DE.
I'd still take about 3-4 defensive players over JPP. Polamalu, Revis, Patrick Willis, are some names that come to mind.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league. He's a more effective pass rusher at this point of his career. He's a far inferior run defender at this point in his career than Strahan ever was even as a rookie. JPP is in not the best defensive player in the league. I like the kid and I think he can be great, but he's not GREAT yet. I think learning technique will help him with consistency. Jared Allen is better at DE. I'd still take about 3-4 defensive players over JPP. Polamalu, Revis, Patrick Willis, are some names that come to mind.</P>

I must have missed all the talk that Michael Strahan was one of the best defensive players in football in 1994.</P>

Is this "I like JPP" talk really about Eli?</P>

Be honest!</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Here's a question for you. You have LT and Tom Brady on the same team. Who is your best player?</P>

I have no idea.</P>

Is it really that important to decide?</P>

Nope.

B&RWarrior
06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
You also missed him playing the run and being drafted as a run defending DE. The less glamorous role of defending the run is a huge part of being a DE. Strahan has always done this at a higher level than most any other DE. JPP is pretty good at this but not as good as Strahan.

I HONESTLY don't think Eli or JPP are the best at their respective positions. A SB ring doesn't make you the greatest ever it means your team won the SB- period.

JPP
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Oh thats right....you can't.*** Enjoy your perpetual misery then.</P>

But whining about whining is fine though?

B&RWarrior
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM

at this point in his career, he is already the best defensive player in the league. He's a more effective pass rusher at this point of his career. He's a far inferior run defender at this point in his career than Strahan ever was even as a rookie. JPP is in not the best defensive player in the league. I like the kid and I think he can be great, but he's not GREAT yet. I think learning technique will help him with consistency. Jared Allen is better at DE. I'd still take about 3-4 defensive players over JPP. Polamalu, Revis, Patrick Willis, are some names that come to mind.</P>

I must have missed all the talk that Michael Strahan was one of the best defensive players in football in 1994.</P>

Is this "I like JPP" talk really about Eli?</P>

Be honest!</P>

JPP was drafted as a phenom and saw immediate playing time. In 1994 Strahan was still at RDE. They began their careers under different circumstances. Comparing year 2 Strahan to year 2 JPP ignores those circumstances. JPP has never played the run like Strahan at any point during Strahan's career.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 12:49 PM

But whining about whining is fine though?</P>

Yes.</P>

buffyblue
06-15-2012, 12:52 PM

I donít think it really matters. I am sure that JPP will keep his head in the game.

I think that being ranked in the top 100 by the other NFL players at all is a great honor no matter where you ar erated. it is funny because when they interviewed Victor Cruz about Eli Manning being 31 and Victor Cruz said that was a great honor just to be on the list and made no qualms Eli Manning should be higher. Eli Manning is not going to go out and say he is should be ranked higher. He will leave those complaints for Mike Vick that shared his angst over being dropped from 20th to 70th.

There were 4 QBs rated higher than Eli Manning. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Ben Rothlisberger. Now in my opinion I think Eli Manning is better than all of them except Tom Brady but it is a very legitimate debate that those 4 are all as good or better than Eli Manning so I actually think they ranked Eli Manning about right. I am also not surprised that JPP was ranked higher than Eli Manning because of his athleticism, he came out of nowhere and he is just such a smiling happy go lucky guy that a lot of folks, even oppossing players probably like him a lot. JPP just may be our next defensive legend and may wind up being our best defensive player since LT. The list is in large part a popularity contest.

IJust like Ben Rothlisberger, I have a feeling that a lot of folks are not going to fully realize how great of a player Eli Manning actually is until his career is done. I have a strong feeling that he will bring us another Lombardi Trophy.

I bELIeve.

B&RWarrior
06-15-2012, 01:04 PM

I donít think it really matters. I am sure that JPP will keep his head in the game.

I think that being ranked in the top 100 by the other NFL players at all is a great honor no matter where you ar erated. it is funny because when they interviewed Victor Cruz about Eli Manning being 31 and Victor Cruz said that was a great honor just to be on the list and made no qualms Eli Manning should be higher. Eli Manning is not going to go out and say he is should be ranked higher. He will leave those complaints for Mike Vick that shared his angst over being dropped from 20th to 70th.

There were 4 QBs rated higher than Eli Manning. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Ben Rothlisberger. Now in my opinion I think Eli Manning is better than all of them except Tom Brady but it is a very legitimate debate that those 4 are all as good or better than Eli Manning so I actually think they ranked Eli Manning about right. I am also not surprised that JPP was ranked higher than Eli Manning because of his athleticism, he came out of nowhere and he is just such a smiling happy go lucky guy that a lot of folks, even oppossing players probably like him a lot. JPP just may be our next defensive legend and may wind up being our best defensive player since LT. The list is in large part a popularity contest.

IJust like Ben Rothlisberger, I have a feeling that a lot of folks are not going to fully realize how great of a player Eli Manning actually is until his career is done. I have a strong feeling that he will bring us another Lombardi Trophy.

I bELIeve.

Eli doesn't have to bring me anymore titles. Winning the SB encompasses so much from so many people that Eli could play flawless for the rest of his career and we could still not win another SB during his tenure. I judge his play regardless of the outcome of the game. I just wanted him to play at the level he played last year and I think good things are bound to happen.

buffyblue
06-15-2012, 01:07 PM
IMO, there are a few things that make the talking heads knock Eli.* </P>

He will be constanly compared to his big brother, even now that he has more rings than Peyton.</P>

His body language is not that of a Firey player.* ( I personally love how well he keeps his cool!)</P>

And I think alot of media types really just don't like him because of how he blatently stated he wouldn't play for San Diego.* I think there was a lot of "Who does this guy think he is?" attitude around football.* Thus making people love to pounce on him when he struggled earlier in his career.</P>

I agree with this post. I also think that some folks may not like Eli Manning because he is cool as a cucumber.

buffyblue
06-15-2012, 01:09 PM

I bELIeve.

Eli doesn't have to bring me anymore titles. Winning the SB encompasses so much from so many people that Eli could play flawless for the rest of his career and we could still not win another SB during his tenure. I judge his play regardless of the outcome of the game. I just wanted him to play at the level he played last year and I think good things are bound to happen.

I agree. Eli Manning doesnít have to bring anymore titles. I do think that he will play up to the level he did last year but if it falls off just alittle bit I have no proiblem with that either. If he plays like did during the regular season in 2008 and 2009 we will be fine. He has done so much for this team already and i am sure that he is goin g to give some more great memories as his career progresses. I have a strong feeling we have not seen his best yet.

BigBlue1971
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
IMO, there are a few things that make the talking heads knock Eli. </P>

His body language is not that of a Firey player. ( I personally love how well he keeps his cool!)</P>

And I think alot of media types really just don't like him because of how he blatently stated he wouldn't play for San Diego. I think there was a lot of "Who does this guy think he is?" attitude around football. Thus making people love to pounce on him when he struggled earlier in his career.</P>

I agree with this post. I also think that some folks may not like Eli Manning because he is cool as a cucumber.</P>

</P>

not only that he is also an assassin in the 4th qtr. </P>

5 years ago noone includingme thought Eli would be where he is today!</P>

onlineprof
06-15-2012, 01:43 PM
This vote was by the players! We can love Eli all day long as Giants fans, but the players decided this vote. It is hard to know what they are thinking. I do think Eli's lack of obvious emotion about the game makes him come across as robotic. He never screams, exhorts, waves his arms, throws his helmet -- nothing. He goes in, throws the ball, and comes out.

His expressions are odd. When Manningham would run the wrong route, Eli always looked slighly confused and disappointed but never angry or passionate. Manningham is gone for a reason.

Eli is Eli. This past season he was terrific and I personally have a sense that this season we will see more of the same or better.

buffyblue
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
This vote was by the players! We can love Eli all day long as Giants fans, but the players decided this vote. It is hard to know what they are thinking. I do think Eli's lack of obvious emotion about the game makes him come across as robotic. He never screams, exhorts, waves his arms, throws his helmet -- nothing. He goes in, throws the ball, and comes out.

His expressions are odd. When Manningham would run the wrong route, Eli always looked slighly confused and disappointed but never angry or passionate. Manningham is gone for a reason.

Eli is Eli. This past season he was terrific and I personally have a sense that this season we will see more of the same or better.

+1

yoeddy
06-15-2012, 02:05 PM

Tried that...ended up in the emergency room...

;-)