PDA

View Full Version : Giants WILL NOT REGRET Passing on Courtney Upshaw

RonJon
06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
when they see David Wilson exploding out of the backfield. Really needed a good RB.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
when they see David Wilson exploding out of the backfield. Really needed a good RB.</P>

AMEN!!!!!</P>

Bohemian
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Unless Upshaw turns out to be an all-time great, I don't know who we would regret not taking him.

Over the years, there have been way too many players that I have seen us 'pass' on, only to realize that those players would not have made that much of a difference.

There are very few positions where you can say that one player can make or break your franchise. QB being the obvious choice.

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.

critters
06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
While I would have been happy with Upshaw... I agree. If we were going to pass on him, at least it was for a great player at a big time need position. In situations like these people always tend to think one player will suck while one will be great. I think both will be good NFL players. We need a RB more than a backup DE though.

GMENAGAIN
06-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.</P>

. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . . </P>

TuckYou
06-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.</P>

. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . . </P>

</P>

Busted.</P>

"Why the hell did we just draft a another DE who barely played in college? We have our ends in Tuck and Osi and Kiwi, we need a freaking linebacker!" is what I said. </P>

After that, I realize that us on this side really dont know much about these players. Reese does. So lets leave it to him. </P>

With that said, I did want Upshaw. Not too upset with Wilson though but I always feel like we could get a RB late in the draft that can contribute as long as hte OL is solid.</P>

GMENAGAIN
06-15-2012, 10:56 AM

</P>

Busted.</P>

"Why the hell did we just draft a another DE who barely played in college? We have our ends in Tuck and Osi and Kiwi, we need a freaking linebacker!" is what I said. </P>

After that, I realize that us on this side really dont know much about these players. Reese does. So lets leave it to him. </P>

With that said, I did want Upshaw. Not too upset with Wilson though but I always feel like we could get a RB late in the draft that can contribute as long as hte OL is solid.</P>

</P>

Me too, although I wasn't looking to trade up for McClain. I wanted Spoon!</P>

Morehead State
06-15-2012, 10:56 AM

</P>

Well I only remember one poster saying that (cough..MMB) and he's my friend. Misguided of course (he's still pissed we didn't give away the store for Braylon) ....but still my buddy.</P>

GMENAGAIN
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM

</P>

Well I only remember one poster saying that (cough..MMB) and he's my friend. Misguided of course (he's still pissed we didn't give away the store for Braylon) ....but still my buddy.</P>

</P>

As I recall, people were willing to give up two number ones for "Bray Bray", as he was so gayly called . . . . </P>

critters
06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Remember the hysteria on these boards when we didn't "trade up" for Dwayne Jarrett and were stuck with Steve Smith.</p>

. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . . </p>

Hahaha. I remember that. I would have been happy if McClain fell to us but JPP was my guy in that draft. I thought he had future star written all over him. We actually got two guys I was wishing for in that draft in JPP and Chad Jones. I remember REALLY wanting Navorro Bowman as well... and being really upset with the Phillip Dillard pick.

NWKEffectElement
06-15-2012, 02:12 PM

*. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . . </P>

</P>

Busted.</P>

</P>

Me too, although I wasn't looking to trade up for McClain.* I wanted Spoon!</P>

I must admit, it felt great sending his *** home in the playoffs.

MattMeyerBud
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM

</P>

:(</P>

</P>

guilty</P>

Rat_bastich
06-15-2012, 08:23 PM

*. . . . or when we didn't trade up for McClain and got stuck with JPP . . . . </P>

I was in that camp....though not to trade up to get McClain. The Raiders pulled a whoopty doo on me and the whole NFL. I am just wondering if McCalin was still there if the Giants would have grabbed him. Thank God for the Raiders and their ineptness.