PDA

View Full Version : How does JJ fit into this offense?

NWKEffectElement
06-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I am very encouraged by the reports about JJ but kind of confused as to how he will be used. We may see a different type of offense do to the new parts that were added in the offseason. Maybe one that runs more like NE minus one receiving TE and enter another slot receiver along with Cruz. Reports state that he is finding the wholes in the coverages pretty well. Any thoughts?

slipknottin
06-15-2012, 07:32 PM
I think he is just a mismatch guy, move him all over, backfield, out wide, in the slot, motion him. Just try to get him matched up against a safety or linebacker.

Hopefully he can become an excellent return guy as well.

NYG 5
06-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Whatever he does, he better be a big YAC guy, seeing as how Cruz, Nicks, and MM got a ton of yards that way. With his size and imo average speed, idk what else he can do, unless he runs SS routes

giantsfan420
06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Whatever he does, he better be a big YAC guy, seeing as how Cruz, Nicks, and MM got a ton of yards that way. With his size and imo average speed, idk what else he can do, unless he runs SS routes

imho, he def has more than "avg speed"...he does have amazing quickness and speed. he was compared a ton to d jax

he did have an avg combine 40 but i believe his pro day was 4.3 range...

slipknottin
06-15-2012, 07:38 PM
With his size and imo average speed

he ran low 4.3s at his proday.

NWKEffectElement
06-15-2012, 07:53 PM
With his size and imo average speed

he ran low 4.3s at his proday.

I think that is more than enough speed to blow the top off of a D.

BigBlue1971
06-15-2012, 07:58 PM
With his size and imo average speed he ran low 4.3s at his proday.</P>

</P>

hopefully he has a ton of talent! with the kind of speed he can probably be matched up anywhere! </P>

Toadofsteel
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
JJ will most likely continue his return duties. Depending on Randle's development, he may even start a bit as the Z...

Neverend
06-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I like him much better than barden. i think the biggest thing with him is still getting better in this offense.

BeatYale
06-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't believe a guy is limited to his college role. JJ should be able to play whatever role gives him the most playing time as a receiver.

Between Randle, Barden, Hixon and JJ. They all want to be the outside WR in 3-WR sets, because it will get them the most amount of playing time as a receiver. I doubt his mindset is to settle for 'the other slot' position in 4 WR sets which won't be utilized much during games.

Should be an interesting competition. I think Hixon and Barden have the best chance to get it because they have been with the team long enough to know the offense better than the other guys.

Toadofsteel
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I like him much better than barden. i think the biggest thing with him is still getting better in this offense.

What separates Jernigan from Barden is that Jernigan got on this team last year, in a strike-shortened offseason. Barden has had several years and has failed to develop. I'd rather take an unproven over a disproven...

slipknottin
06-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't believe a guy is limited to his college role.

his college role was play everywhere and do everything....

06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I was hoping he could kinda sorta be our Desean Jax...

Neverend
06-16-2012, 04:15 PM

What separates Jernigan from Barden is that Jernigan got on this team last year, in a strike-shortened offseason. Barden has had several years and has failed to develop. I'd rather take an unproven over a disproven...

yeah, its sad the way barden has come on thus far in his career. i thought he was going to be good, i always defended him on these message boards.

i think the biggest issue with him is that he is (supposedly) talented in only one facet of the game... and thats having great catching radius+ball skills. but he has major flaws in almost every other category (quickness, speed, separating, etc) that will probably hinder him as an nfl receiver and limit him as a sub package receiver for the rest of his career... possibly not with the giants

qndarius3
06-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I am very encouraged by the reports about JJ but kind of confused as to how he will be used. We may see a different type of offense do to the new parts that were added in the offseason. Maybe one that runs more like NE minus one receiving TE and enter another slot receiver along with Cruz. Reports state that he is finding the wholes in the coverages pretty well. Any thoughts?

In a few words....

Kick returns/Punt returns
Bubble screens
4th wr if he can beat out barden.

Captain Chaos
06-16-2012, 05:37 PM
On the bench...Just Kidding!

I think that he has the speed and quicks to maybe do something; however, they have two RBs Wilson and Scott they have that as well. Not sure where or if he will fit in, but it's looking kind of crowded with the number of those types around.