PDA

View Full Version : Changing our offense?

giantcarll
06-15-2012, 08:55 PM
There was one post that referenced JJ as where he will fit and that we might change our offense not only to fit him in but for all the weapons we have now.Do we really expect to see Gilbride do anything different.I dont think our plays will change.Over the years at least with Coughlins staff have we really seen any changes in our offense under Gilbride?Personel may have changed but play calling has not.Although Gilbride is predictable I have to admit his sh_t does work.Its like you know it coming but try to stop it.Do any of you guys think that we might see a different offense this year?

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
There was one post that referenced JJ as where he will fit and that we might change our offense not only to fit him in but for all the weapons we have now.Do we really expect to see Gilbride do anything different.I dont think our plays will change.Over the years at least with Coughlins staff have we really seen any changes in our offense under Gilbride?Personel may have changed but play calling has not.Although Gilbride is predictable I have to admit his sh_t does work.Its like you know it coming but try to stop it.Do any of you guys think that we might see a different offense this year?

The offense has changed substantially since 2007. We run a completely different offense now than we did then.

giantcarll
06-15-2012, 09:16 PM
What exactly changed from 2007 to 2011.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM

One of the best rushing attacks to the worst. One of the bottom 10 passing attack to one of the best. Basically flipped the spectrum of the playbook.
rushing attempts per game went down by 50 and passing attempts went up by 50.

To break it down further. Higher percentage of pass plays on meaningful 1st and 2nd downs as compared to 2007.

Flip Empty
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM

One of the best rushing attacks to the worst. One of the bottom 10 passing attack to one of the best. Basically flipped the spectrum of the playbook.
Yeah, a very noticeable transformation, I thought. Eli throwing the ball 50+ times would be unimaginable not so long ago.

Rat_bastich
06-15-2012, 09:35 PM

To break it down further. Higher percentage of pass plays on meaningful 1st and 2nd downs as compared to 2007.

I think that was more due to circumstances than a planned change. Our running game suffered because of line and lets face it the running backs themselves didn't help. If our running game gets back to where it was we should be going back to a balanced attack with Eli throwing less.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM

I think that was more due to circumstances than a planned change. Our running game suffered because of line and lets face it the running backs themselves didn't help. If our running game gets back to where it was we should be going back to a balanced attack with Eli throwing less.

They playbook doesn't just change year to year, it changes week to week and even during a game they might throw the game plan book out the window and use another one.

NYGinIN
06-15-2012, 10:32 PM

more passing