Roosevelt
12-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Please.

M0rbid
12-11-2011, 11:25 PM
No JPP talk tonight.

Gmen2005
12-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I wish he would call out the D. deserves so much more than this, it's awful.

giantyankee1976
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
? I'm confused. You ask me the entire Offensive Unit and JPP are doing well.

the 2ndary on the other hand [:@]

GMen869007
12-11-2011, 11:50 PM
plenty of Eli talk tonight, the guy did it for us again in the 4th!

giantyankee1976
12-11-2011, 11:54 PM
damn that fellas

PLENTY OF ELI AND JPP TALK THIS NIGHT AND FOR THE WEEK !!!!

jints10
12-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Eli = money

Down-lifer
12-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Please.

Really? He played UNREAL!!!!

krankeybluechick
12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I love and have always believed in ELI!! He is elite and I don't care if you call me an Eli homer, I'm proud of it! :p

jax5338
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
i dont get it

ajd121
12-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Are we allowed to talk about him now? Do we have your permission?

FLNYGFAN
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Eli will get most of the credit, but JPP won this game.

THEMASTER
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
He did a much better job of managing the play, threw it away when he had to, but lets face it, the receivers have improved a lot, and Ballard makes us forget whats his name.....and I dont mean Bavaro.

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 12:07 AM
No Eli police - please.

ajd121
12-12-2011, 12:08 AM

They both won it for us, no way we win this game if either one of them didn't play as well as they did, we needed both of them to step up and they did.

Jon6777
12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
You can throw Ballard in there too!

giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
He did a much better job of managing the play, threw it away when he had to, but lets face it, the receivers have improved a lot, and Ballard makes us forget whats his name.....and I dont mean Bavaro.

don't speak heresy.

but yeah K Boss can have the black hole... good luck though

JMGGIANTS
12-12-2011, 12:10 AM
You can throw Ballard in there too!

You are exactly right. Ballard is steady/conistent except for the Eagle game. He was very clutch tonight

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Eli was masterful tonight... what we dreamed of on draft day.

chasjay
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Eli believes in Prime Time!

NYGFan10
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Ballard is the best Giants receiver. Enough said.

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm confused. Why can't we talk about you know who?

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Please.

</P>

You're funny...in a sad way.</P>

Eli is a terrific NFL QB, only a blind person couldn't see that. </P>

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
400 yards... 2 TDs (shoulda been 4)... Tied the NFL record for most 4th quarter TDs (should break the record since he still has 3 games still in hand)... Set the franchise record of 6 4th quarter comebacks in a season... Still having a MONSTER season... Eli isn't just <u>the</u> man, he's the mother****ing MAN!

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm confused. Why can't we talk about you know who?</P>

Rosie has some serious Eli insecurities due to all his incessant ripping of Eli over the years and all off-season. </P>

LOL...pretty spirals!!! </P>

</P>

yatitle
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Please.

No Gilbride talk tonight either. 510 yards of offense. Perry Fewell has been getting a free pass for 2 years now. Lots of Perry Fewell talk this week.

berya
12-12-2011, 01:21 AM
damn that fellas

PLENTY OF ELI AND JPP TALK THIS NIGHT AND FOR THE WEEK !!!!

Hell Yeah!

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Please.

No Gilbride talk tonight either. 510 yards of offense. Perry Fewell has been getting a free pass for 2 years now. Lots of Perry Fewell talk this week.

KG needs to get those screens out of the playbook though... When was the last time we successfully ran a screen?... We have to be <u>the</u> worst screen-running team in the league.

BurnerNYG
12-12-2011, 01:23 AM
That goofy *** tobacco chewing country son of a ***** did it again! Lol

Beelzeboss
12-12-2011, 01:24 AM
I wonder if the Packers MB has some grumpy old fan who craps all over Rodgers?

Beelzeboss
12-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Please.

KG needs to get those screens out of the playbook though... When was the last time we successfully ran a screen?... We have to be <u>the</u> worst screen-running team in the league.

Not to mention the always affective 3rd and long draw to Ware.

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Please.

It's MONEY on 2-point conversions... LOL

Beelzeboss
12-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Please.

It's MONEY on 2-point conversions... LOL

LOL very true, I'm surprised it was Ware in there though... I wonder if Eli checked out of the original call.

LT_Hits
12-12-2011, 02:01 AM

They both won it for us, no way we win this game if either one of them didn't play as well as they did, we needed both of them to step up and they did.
Lets not overlook the running of BJ too, and Romo overthrowing the pass too, because Webster, Grant and Ross cant cover, Glad we beat them girls, LOL

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Lets not overlook the running of BJ too, and Romo overthrowing the pass too, because Webster, Grant and Ross cant cover, Glad we beat them girls, LOL</P>

BJ played his best game of the season and significantly contributed to this win. </P>

Somewhat ironic that Bradshaw getting disciplined actually worked out for us...otherwise BJ may not have gotten as many touches. </P>

gumby742
12-12-2011, 08:42 AM
That goofy *** tobacco chewing country son of a ***** did it again! Lol</P>

Too funny.</P>

He's been nothing but money this season.</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Please.

</P>

What, you don't like having to eat crow?</P>

Please.</P>

How about this... Next time Eli has a bad game, don't say how you don't like him.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
i dont get it

I thought for sure we were done when I posted that.

Between Fewell's defense and Gillbride &amp; Eli throwing the long ball into coverage on multiple 3rd and 4's, I had had it.

This was a truly unbelievable win, and yes I will gladly eat crow this morning for giving up on this team.

Perhaps though we may want to try to play smarter instead of relying of spectacular comebacks....

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
i dont get it

I thought for sure we were done when I posted that.

Between Fewell's defense and Gillbride &amp; Eli throwing the long ball into coverage on multiple 3rd and 4's, I had had it.

This was a truly unbelievable win, and yes I will gladly eat crow this morning for giving up on this team.

Perhaps though we may want to try to play smarter instead of relying of spectacular comebacks....

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Please.

</p>

What, you don't like having to eat crow?</p>

Please.</p>

How about this... Next time Eli has a bad game, don't say how you don't like him.</p>

Yes and you and everybody else anticipated that win.

And my OP had nothing to do with Eli's play last night.

burier
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Please.

</p>

Please.</p>

How about this... Next time Eli has a bad game, don't say how you don't like him.</p>

what did it have to do with then?

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Please.

</P>

Please.</P>

How about this... Next time Eli has a bad game, don't say how you don't like him.</P>

what did it have to do with then?</P>

Yeah...I think we are all curious to hear this answer.</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Please.

</P>

Please.</P>

</P>

Then what the hell did it have to do with, then?</P>

Eli played great all night and carried us on his shoulders to yet another brilliant come from behind win. </P>

He also set a franchise record for passing yards in a season, and tied Simms' franchise record for number of 300+ yard games, yet you don't want to talk about Eli? He's pretty much the only reason we're even in a position to win the division. Without Eli we're a 2 win team this season. With him we are playoff contenders. Yet, still, you don't want us to talk about how well he's playing? Are you serious? Please, then, as others have suggested, don't participate in any of the talk about JPP, or Nicks, or Cruz, or Petrus, or Boothe, or any other player on this team that is doing well. Otherwise your hypocrisy and bias will be in full view and indefensible.</P>

I think it justupsets you that you were wrong about Eli and have trouble admiting it.</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Please.

</p>

Please.</p>

</p>

Then what the hell did it have to do with, then?</p>

Eli played great all night and carried us on his shoulders to yet another brilliant come from behind win. </p>

He also set a franchise record for passing yards in a season, and tied Simms' franchise record for number of 300+ yard games, yet you don't want to talk about Eli? He's pretty much the only reason we're even in a position to win the division. Without Eli we're a 2 win team this season. With him we are playoff contenders. Yet, still, you don't want us to talk about how well he's playing? Are you serious? Please, then, as others have suggested, don't participate in any of the talk about JPP, or Nicks, or Cruz, or Petrus, or Boothe, or any other player on this team that is doing well. Otherwise your hypocrisy and bias will be in full view and indefensible.</p>

I think it justupsets you that you were wrong about Eli and have trouble admiting it.</p>

</p>

What have I actually said about Eli that would force me to admit I was wrong?

When I made that post last night I was pissed because I thought our season was in the toilet for the 3rd straight year. Yet somehow I knew the Homers would be out in full force feeling like they had actually won something since Eli's individual stats and recognition seem to be more important than this team.

So keep things perspective. My posts are rarely anti-Eli, but rather anti-Homer.

Now, I'm not about to knock Eli after this incredible victory, but I don't think he played a perfect game by any stretch. In fact I found his decision making questionable on a number of occasions. But the win is more important, and the decision making is something that he will work on we they watch film.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Now, I'm not about to knock Eli after this incredible victory, but I don't think he played a perfect game by any stretch. In fact I found his decision making questionable on a number of occasions. But the win is more important, and the decision making is something that he will work on we they watch film.

</P>

The win is more important than what...having that hate-fest that all realists have been waiting to have since the beginning of the season. </P>

I wonder if they had the top 100 vote right now if Eli would make it this time...</P>

jimsgints
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I wonder if the Packers MB has some grumpy old fan who craps all over Rodgers?

Good one..

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM

</p>

The win is more important than what...having that hate-fest that all realists have been waiting to have since the beginning of the season. </p>

I wonder if they had the top 100 vote right now if Eli would make it this time...</p>

I would call it skepticism, and I think it was fair for Giants fans to question what we had at QB.

But the win is more important than anything. We had to have that game. Otherwise that's 3 years straight that we miss the dance.

Eli has proved himself. He is a top QB is this league. I don't care about any votes, because all he does is beat other team's defenses.

He deserves a better defense here, and he deserves to be in both the playoffs and the pro bowl.

And with that said, it really pisses me off when he's throwing deep into coverage on a 3rd and 4! Keep the drive alive!

burier
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I would hate to be on these boards when Kerry Collins was the QB..there must have been 100 threads a minute about how terrible he was.. Oh wait. I was on the boards and there were no (few) Kerry hate threads going on.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I would call it skepticism, and I think it was fair for Giants fans to question what we had at QB.

</P>

You know, Rosie...I like your style. You have a right to voice your opinion, even if it is slightly different than mine...but the thing I like the most is that you can do your debating without going to the "well, you're just a big dummy" card.</P>

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with that comment in quotes. I think that once Eli proved that he could focus and play at a level to get his team to the promised land...at that moment everyone should have realized that we do have a good QB and should feel fortunate.</P>

I'm not gonna sit here and say we all shoulda said, "he's the greatest", but at least realized that the kid has the tools.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 02:02 PM

</p>

You know, Rosie...I like your style. You have a right to voice your opinion, even if it is slightly different than mine...but the thing I like the most is that you can do your debating without going to the "well, you're just a big dummy" card.</p>

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with that comment in quotes. I think that once Eli proved that he could focus and play at a level to get his team to the promised land...at that moment everyone should have realized that we do have a good QB and should feel fortunate.</p>

I'm not gonna sit here and say we all shoulda said, "he's the greatest", but at least realized that the kid has the tools.</p>

Thanks. And when I refer to "homers" you are not one of those that I am referring to. I know you are a big fan of his and that's cool with me because you are reasonable, and I respect that.

The thing with Eli is he showed very early on that he had something special about him. But at the same time he was inconsistent. The last few years he seemed to have lost his magic, while still making his share of mistakes.

But that's water under the bridge right now. Eli has brought this team back from the brink so many times - it's just incredible. But now we need to play a solid game on both sides of the ball - consistently - so he doesn't have to.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
But now we need to play a solid game on both sides of the ball - consistently - so he doesn't have to.
</P>

Hear hear...or is it here here...lol.[B]</P>

Next time the defense plays lights out he'll prolly throw 3 pick six's...j/k, hopefully.</P>

yatitle
12-12-2011, 02:07 PM

</P>

You know, Rosie...I like your style. You have a right to voice your opinion, even if it is slightly different than mine...but the thing I like the most is that you can do your debating without going to the "well, you're just a big dummy" card.</P>

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with that comment in quotes. I think that once Eli proved that he could focus and play at a level to get his team to the promised land...at that moment everyone should have realized that we do have a good QB and should feel fortunate.</P>

I'm not gonna sit here and say we all shoulda said, "he's the greatest", but at least realized that the kid has the tools.</P>

Thanks. And when I refer to "homers" you are not one of those that I am referring to. I know you are a big fan of his and that's cool with me because you are reasonable, and I respect that.

The thing with Eli is he showed very early on that he had something special about him. But at the same time he was inconsistent. The last few years he seemed to have lost his magic, while still making his share of mistakes.

But that's water under the bridge right now. Eli has brought this team back from the brink so many times - it's just incredible. But now we need to play a solid game on both sides of the ball - consistently - so he doesn't have to.
</P>

The problem is without knowing your exact age, I can predict thatyou saw Simms and in your opinion he has been the best QB the franchise has had in the last 50 years. But that is simply not true. Simms inconsistency was maddening and to be honest other than his magnificent SB game, Simms' at his best was not better than Eli at his best. If you can honestly said you were this critical of Simms in his day I will give it a rest.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
But now we need to play a solid game on both sides of the ball - consistently - so he doesn't have to.
</p>

Hear hear...or is it here here...lol.[B]</p>

Next time the defense plays lights out he'll prolly throw 3 pick six's...j/k, hopefully.</p>

lol. [B]

gumby742
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM

</P>

</P>

The problem is without knowing your exact age, I can predict thatyou saw Simms and in your opinion he has been the best QB the franchise has had in the last 50 years. But that is simply not true. Simms inconsistency was maddening and to be honest other than his magnificent SB game, Simms' at his best was not better than Eli at his best. If you can honestly said you were this critical of Simms in his day I will give it a rest.</P>

</P>

Witih Simms, he was accurate. If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride. He also stood tall in the pocket. However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw. If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there. He would be smart and just throw it away. He was very consistent.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM

</p>

You know, Rosie...I like your style. You have a right to voice your opinion, even if it is slightly different than mine...but the thing I like the most is that you can do your debating without going to the "well, you're just a big dummy" card.</p>

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with that comment in quotes. I think that once Eli proved that he could focus and play at a level to get his team to the promised land...at that moment everyone should have realized that we do have a good QB and should feel fortunate.</p>

I'm not gonna sit here and say we all shoulda said, "he's the greatest", but at least realized that the kid has the tools.</p>

</p>

The problem is without knowing your exact age, I can predict thatyou saw Simms and in your opinion he has been the best QB the franchise has had in the last 50 years. But that is simply not true. Simms inconsistency was maddening and to be honest other than his magnificent SB game, Simms' at his best was not better than Eli at his best. If you can honestly said you were this critical of Simms in his day I will give it a rest.</p>

Things are so different today. Not only has the game changed but the way we watch it as well. Back then I used to wait anxiously for Inside The NFL each week to catch a glimpse of our highlights. Now we simply DVR it in high-def and watch re-plays on the big screen till the cows come home, or log onto the website for all the Giants talk and video we could ever want.

Of the thousands of players to play for the NY Giants only eleven have had their jersey retired. I think that speaks volumes about Phil Simms and what he has meant to this organization. And I'm sure Eli will get his due as well. So far the organization has treated him very well.

Up until this year I don't think there was an argument to be made who the better quarterback was. But I think now, Eli is making people take notice. And of course that is great for us Giants fans.

Will Eli ultimately be the better NY Giants quarterback when all is said and done? We can only hope so.

yatitle
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Witih Simms, he was accurate. If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride. He also stood tall in the pocket. However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw. If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there. He would be smart and just throw it away. He was very consistent.</P>

</P>

Listen I was a big Simms fan but it drove me NUTS that he would take a sack and not throw the ball away. Also (much like Eli) he had a ton of tipped INTs (at the line of scimmage) for a tall QB.</P>

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Now, <FONT size=4>I'm not about to knock Eli</FONT> after this incredible victory, <FONT size=6>but </FONT><FONT size=4>I don't think he played a perfect game by any stretch</FONT>. In fact<FONT size=4> I found his decision making questionable</FONT> on a number of occasions. </P>

</P>

LOL, so blinded by hate it's laughable</P>

</P>

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 08:07 PM

Eli is 30 years old. Here are Simm's TD/INT numbers when he was Eli's age...and older:</P>

<U>Simms age</U><U>TD's / INT's</U></P>

3022 / 18</P>

3122 / 20</P>

3221 / 22</P>

Btw, how old are you and did you ever even watch Phil Simms play ball?</P>

</P>

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Please.

</P>

Please.</P>

</P>

Then what the hell did it have to do with, then?</P>

Eli played great all night and carried us on his shoulders to yet another brilliant come from behind win. </P>

He also set a franchise record for passing yards in a season, and tied Simms' franchise record for number of 300+ yard games, yet you don't want to talk about Eli? He's pretty much the only reason we're even in a position to win the division. Without Eli we're a 2 win team this season. With him we are playoff contenders. Yet, still, you don't want us to talk about how well he's playing? Are you serious? Please, then, as others have suggested, don't participate in any of the talk about JPP, or Nicks, or Cruz, or Petrus, or Boothe, or any other player on this team that is doing well. Otherwise your hypocrisy and bias will be in full view and indefensible.</P>

I think it justupsets you that you were wrong about Eli and have trouble admiting it.</P>

</P>

+1000</P>

gumby742
12-12-2011, 08:33 PM
** Witih Simms, he was accurate.* If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride.* He also stood tall in the pocket.* However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw.* If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there.* He would be smart and just throw it away.* He was very consistent.*</P>

Eli is 30 years old.* Here are Simm's TD/INT numbers when he was Eli's age...and older:</P>

<U>Simms age</U>***<U>TD's / INT's</U></P>

** 30***************22 / 18</P>

** 31***************22 / 20</P>

** 32***************21 / 22</P>

*</P>

Old enough to have 2 kids. Comparing stats from different eras doesn't mean a whole lot.

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Witih Simms, he was accurate. If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride. He also stood tall in the pocket. However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw. If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there. He would be smart and just throw it away. He was very consistent.</P>This was the same Simms? The omg he's coming out again Simms? There are alot of words to describe Simms first few years. And he was only consistent at one thing losing.

GMenFan13
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Eli = money

RobCarpenter
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Eli is 30 years old. Here are Simm's TD/INT numbers when he was Eli's age...and older:</P>

<U>Simms age</U><U>TD's / INT's</U></P>

3022 / 18</P>

3122 / 20</P>

3221 / 22</P>

Old enough to have 2 kids. </P>

I'll ask again, are you old enough to have actually watched Simms career? </P>

Isaw basically every game that Simms played. He was a very good QB. The2nd bestthat we've had in the past 40+ years, but Eli is defintiely the better QB of the two IMO.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM

</p>

</p>

The problem is without knowing your exact age, I can predict thatyou saw Simms and in your opinion he has been the best QB the franchise has had in the last 50 years. But that is simply not true. Simms inconsistency was maddening and to be honest other than his magnificent SB game, Simms' at his best was not better than Eli at his best. If you can honestly said you were this critical of Simms in his day I will give it a rest.</p>

</p>

Witih Simms, he was accurate. If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride. He also stood tall in the pocket. However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw. If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there. He would be smart and just throw it away. He was very consistent.</p>This was the same Simms? The omg he's coming out again Simms? There are alot of words to describe Simms first few years. And he was only consistent at one thing losing.

Ignorance is bliss.

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM

</p>

You know, Rosie...I like your style.* You have a right to voice your opinion, even if it is slightly different than mine...but the thing I like the most is that you can do your debating without going to the "well, you're just a big dummy" card.</p>

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with that comment in quotes.* I think that once Eli proved that he could focus and play at a level to get his team to the promised land...at that moment everyone should have realized that we do have a good QB and should feel fortunate.</p>

Thanks.* And when I refer to "homers" you are not one of those that I am referring to.* I know you are a big fan of his and that's cool with me because you are reasonable, and I respect that.

The thing with Eli is he showed very early on that he had something special about him.* But at the same time he was inconsistent.* The last few years he seemed to have lost his magic, while still making his share of mistakes.*

But that's water under the bridge right now.* Eli has brought this team back from the brink so many times - it's just incredible.* But now we need to play a solid game on both sides of the ball -* consistently -* so he doesn't have to.
</p>

The problem is without knowing your exact age, I can predict that*you saw Simms and in your opinion he has been the best QB the franchise has had in the last 50 years.* But that is simply not true.* Simms inconsistency was maddening and to be honest other than his magnificent SB game, Simms' at his best was not better than Eli at his best.* If you can honestly said you were this critical of Simms in his day I will give it a rest.</p>

</p>

Witih Simms, he was accurate.* If there was an open WR he'd make the throw and hit them in stride.* He also stood tall in the pocket.* However, he did NOT have the raw talent Eli does to make the difficult throw.* If the guy wasn't open, chances are he wouldn't make a brilliant throw and stick it in there.* He would be smart and just throw it away.* He was very consistent.*</p>This was the same Simms? The omg he's coming out again Simms? There are alot of words to describe Simms first few years. And he was only consistent at one thing losing.

Ignorance is bliss.*

Two different eras, two different sets of passing rules, two different playbooks, two different offensive philosophies and two vastly different sets of WRs.

And of all the differences, the WRs are the biggest difference and makes it completely unfair to compare the two.

chasjay
12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
I hate it when this happens. My vote goes to the QB in the Giants uniform.