PDA

View Full Version : Good read on Giants starting TE Bear Pascoe

AllTuckedUp
06-17-2012, 10:09 AM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/4595

The thing I admire most is work ethic. He surely does have it.

jomo
06-17-2012, 10:33 AM
He is an excellent backup TE.

Theansweris42
06-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting,, here's the link:

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/4595

GMENAGAIN
06-17-2012, 10:52 AM
He is an excellent backup TE.</P>

I don't know man . . . . it seems like every time I focus on him blocking, he is getting manhandled at the point of attack and thrown around like a rag doll. </P>

To me he seems like a nice guy who is just an ok, sort of fringe NFL roster guy. I would not be happy if he ends up having a role that is more significant thanour 3rd TE . . . . Him being our starting TE is a doomsday scenario IMO . . . . .</P>

GameTime
06-17-2012, 08:57 PM

I don't know man . . . . it seems like every time I focus on him blocking, he is getting manhandled at the point of attack and thrown around like a rag doll. </P>

To me he seems like a nice guy who is just an ok, sort of fringe NFL roster guy. I would not be happy if he ends up having a role that is more significant thanour 3rd TE . . . . Him being our starting TE is a doomsday scenario IMO . . . . .</P>

</P>

I have been in pascoe's corner since he made the roster. He will not be a starter if he cant block effeciently enough so there is no reason think there will be a "doomsday scenario" if he is a starter. </P>

I thought he would do what Ballard did when ballard stepped up. I like Pascoe and I say he becomes the next "more than serviceable TE" for the Gmen. Of course you'd like to have a stud TE but I so far there is no stud and hasen't been for years. They actually dont need a stud TE to make the O click. </P>

Rat_bastich
06-17-2012, 09:45 PM

I don't know man . . . . it seems like every time I focus on him blocking, he is getting manhandled at the point of attack and thrown around like a rag doll.* </P>

To me he seems like a nice guy who is just an ok, sort of fringe NFL roster guy.* I would not be happy if he ends up having a role that is more significant than*our 3rd TE . . . .* * Him being our starting TE is a doomsday scenario IMO* . . . . .</P>

Yeah sometimes his blocks are not pretty but all he has to do is occupy the rusher for a second or two...and that is where he is effective. I don't ever see him take a dive down low like Ware does every once in awhile.

Neverend
06-17-2012, 09:54 PM
not a fan big time fan of pascoe as a blocker, but great guy

Neverend
06-17-2012, 09:56 PM

I don't know man . . . . it seems like every time I focus on him blocking, he is getting manhandled at the point of attack and thrown around like a rag doll.* </P>

Agreed. And I'd also add he is incredibly stiff blocking in space. He isn't very good... at all

He didn't make the team in 2010 and was fortunate to make it in '11 thanks to poor TE depth overall

Breezely
06-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Beautiful read! The point is, he did what he was asked to do and got it done. He probably is not the best blocker but the team needed someone to play fullback and he did. A guy with this work ethic will only get better.