PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy still cant get over playoff loss

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829dc328/article/mike-mccarthy-still-stewing-over-packers-playoff-loss-to-giants?module=HP11_cp

Cool Papa B.
06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Giants better watch who they put on Waivers next. McCarthy and the Packers might try and sign them just to stick it to the Giants.

JimC
06-18-2012, 01:46 PM
No disrespect, but he last loss of the season always stings the most.

jakegibbs
06-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Yep, especially after a 15-1 reg season playing a 9-7 team that you'd alreay beaten during the regular season.

Some GB fans I know all say they didn't take the NYG seriously & were overlooking them but I don't buy that but that's what some die hard GB fans swear happened.

They've told me they would beat the NYG's 8/10 games because they had league MVP QB, much better D & O & a better coaching staff.

You know what I say?

All that fancy talk ain't worth doodly squat. You got beat & beat soundly.. Get over it. Ah to the victor's go the spoils. Love it.

BeatYale
06-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Yep, especially after a 15-1 reg season playing a 9-7 team that you'd alreay beaten during the regular season.

Some GB fans I know all say they didn't take the NYG seriously & were overlooking them but I don't buy that but that's what some die hard GB fans swear happened.

They've told me they would beat the NYG's 8/10 games because they had league MVP QB, much better D & O & a better coaching staff.

You know what I say?

All that fancy talk ain't worth doodly squat. You got beat & beat soundly.. Get over it. Ah to the victor's go the spoils. Love it.

It's always funny when fans say stuff about their team not taking the opposing team seriously when everyone knows that Wild Card teams have a knack for getting to the Super Bowl every year. The Packers did it the previous year, so you think their fans would understand that regardless of ranking, any team is dangerous.

Lame excuse.

Vtgmenfan89
06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Little disrespectful saying they lost the game rather than we won it...I mean he shores it up a bit by giving the Giants credit, but when you lose by 17 points, the other team beat you just as much and probably more than you beat yourself. Sure receivers dropped some passes, but Rodgers was clearly rattled on some throws from the pass rush. Furthermore it's not like he just fumbled the ball, Osi hit it out of his hands...that's getting beat by the other team. I've just always hated that statement of either beating yourself or losing the game rather than the other team winning. Not a fair assessment of this game imo

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 02:44 PM
We sound like the Cowboys with all this whining. Hopefully though we can do better in the postseason this year.

barran21
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Little disrespectful saying they lost the game rather than we won it...I mean he shores it up a bit by giving the Giants credit, but when you lose by 17 points, the other team beat you just as much and probably more than you beat yourself. Sure receivers dropped some passes, but Rodgers was clearly rattled on some throws from the pass rush. Furthermore it's not like he just fumbled the ball, Osi hit it out of his hands...that's getting beat by the other team. I've just always hated that statement of either beating yourself or losing the game rather than the other team winning. Not a fair assessment of this game imo

Giants 37 Packers 6 Refs 14......

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
It might have been better if we lost to you guys the first time around. I think then we would have taken you more seriously.

TuckYou
06-18-2012, 03:02 PM
We could of beat them in the regular season but the refs didnt want any of that. And we all know that to be ther truth and it isnt just whining. We barely lost.Same thing happened in the postseason where the refs were trying so hard to get the Packers to win. WE destroyed them. DESTROYED. Should of won that game 42-3 if the refs called a good game. And that was in GB. </P>

So of course him and Bill Belichick are pissed at us. We are the ruiner of seasons for the favorites. I bet the 49ers are even hotter knowing how close they were and thinking they could of beat the Pats too.</P>

Good thing we face them again this season. Gunna be some brutal games. Lots of blood sweat and tears. </P>

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I heard a couple of our players have November 25th circled on their calendar already.

TuckYou
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I heard a couple of our players have November 25th circled on their calendar already.</P>

Of course, just like some Giants players had the Packers game last year circled, they were the defending champs. </P>

JMFP2
06-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Giants played a great game, and the Packers played lousy......so in my opinion, the Giants won and the Packers lost, in equal measure.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
06-18-2012, 03:26 PM
I'll say the same thing anyone on the squad will say.

Bring it.

Dirt66
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I hope the Pack have that day circled....then they know what day they're going to get their a**es kicked AGAIN!!! It's not like you lost a close game....THE GIANTS BEAT THE PACKERS UP!!

redbeardxxv
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
They keep saying "Not taking anything away from the Giants, but we beat ourselves"
Wait, what? You din't "give up" 4 turnovers.... we FORCED them. Your receiver's weren't out of sync, they were FORCED off their routes. Your defense didn't "Give up" big plays,they were beaten by a superior Offense.
So Pack fans, stop saying they beat themselves, you were beaten by the NEW YORK GIANTS FORCING their will on an inferior team.

thomsoad
06-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Packers are a strong team so no disrespect here...but if you underestimated a team you guys BARELY beat in the regular season...you deserved to have your a$/$ handed to you in the playoffs.

thomsoad
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
It might have been better if we lost to you guys the first time around. I think then we would have taken you more seriously.

Packers are a strong team so no disrespect here...but if you underestimated a team you guys BARELY beat in the regular season...you deserved to have your a$/$ handed to you in the playoffs.

jomo
06-18-2012, 04:53 PM
It is mostly what I would expect. No one should take losing lightly. He is a little out of touch in saying "they never gave themselves a chance to be in the game." He ignores the fact that it was a flat out beat down. He sounds like he believes we had nothing to do with the outcome. News flash: 37-20 is not representative of how lopsided the game truly was. Still, the Pack is one of the top 5 teams going into the season and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in an NFC title game again this year, hopefully against us!</P>

Cool Papa B.
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM

The Giants out played the Packers in that game. And if not for the officials it would have been a bigger blow out.

And that 2 week lay off didn't help your team either. And for a some of the key players it was actually a 3 week lay off because the coach decided to sit them out in the last game of the season. Personally I am not in favor of doing that. Players get into a rythm and when you disrupt that or kill your momentum by taking a game off it just becomes hard to restart the engine.

One of the reasons why I thought we won in 2007-08 was because of the last game vs. NE. A lot of people felt that Coughlin should have rested the regulars and get ready for the playoffs but wisely he didn't. He kept them going and running full steam ahead to the Super Bowl!

FBomb
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829dc328/article/mike-mccarthy-still-stewing-over-packers-playoff-loss-to-giants?module=HP11_cp</P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPoVQu7APZ-sGfKw6zzWfpqwlL-O6Lq_sPsKS_OsArWWBy0N-N</P>

"Jeez, Wha a li'l crybaby!"</P>

gumby742
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
It definitely hurts more when you're the favorite to win it all.

Drez
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Some GB fans I know all say they didn't take the NYG seriously &amp; were overlooking them but I don't buy that but that's what some die hard GB fans swear happened.

Those would then qualify as the absolute dumbest fans on the face of the planet. How could you overlook a team that dropped 30+ points on your defense and you had to beat on a last second FG?

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I think losing to the Giants would have been good for us the first time. If we had then maybe we would have played harder in the playoffs or have been more prepared. We had no pass rush on Eli at all and our defense was as awful as they had been all season. We were dropping passes all game long and we were just flat on offense.

Drez
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I think losing to the Giants would have been good for us the first time. If we had then maybe we would have played harder in the playoffs or have been more prepared. We had no pass rush on Eli at all and our defense was as awful as they had been all season. We were dropping passes all game long and we were just flat on offense.If the fact that it was the playoffs wasn't enough motivation, what would have been?

Stop making excuses. We drubbed you guys good and whether or not you lost the first game wasn't changing that.

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey McCarthy, the Giants beat the Packers and the refs on that Sunday in your building.

After what he said, I hope he never gets over it.

That's twice and counting.

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Once we get our defense shored up we wont be blown out in any game. I think we can win it all with the additions we added to our defense this year.

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Once we get our defense shored up we wont be blown out in any game. I think we can win it all with the additions we added to our defense this year.

The way Rodgers plays, it wouldnt surprise me if the Pack won one or two more before he decides to hang it up.

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I dont understand why our defense was so poor this year after having one of the best defenses last season.

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I dont understand why our defense was so poor this year after having one of the best defenses last season.

For whatever the reason, they werent as hungry. And also, teams were better prepared for their defensive tendencies.

Drez
06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Jenkins being gone has something to do with it. Also, Williams didn't have nearly the year in '11 as he did in '10. Matthews also didn't make it to the QB nearly as much. I'm not too sure what other personnel turnover you had, but those were a couple of things I noticed the handful of Packers games I saw.

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Losing Collins really hurt alot as well. Hopefully this Nick Perry will help improve the defense. The NFC East has our number in the postseason for some reason. Dallas beat us in the playoffs from 1993-95 every year then the Eagles beat us in 2003 playoffs then you guys have beaten us the last two times.

Drez
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Losing Collins really hurt alot as well. Hopefully this Nick Perry will help improve the defense. The NFC East has our number in the postseason for some reason. Dallas beat us in the playoffs from 1993-95 every year then the Eagles beat us in 2003 playoffs then you guys have beaten us the last two times.
We have a run like that going against the AFCE in the SB, too. lol

Roswell777
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Forget what happened in the 90s, completely different set of players and coaches. No pattern or conclusions can be drawn from that.

NYGRealityCheck
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM

Don't forget the Randy Moss "I got single coverage on Al Harris, throw the ball my way" for the TD followed by the Mooning TD celebration at Lambeau. Brett Favre was able to win one for the Packers in his legendary career. That should be somewhat satisfying.

miked1958
06-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Even though they were 3 games better then we were in 07 when we tried for our Title Defense in a lot of respects it was the same. Bothe had the layoff and came out flat and got their tails kicked in. We were beaten 22-11 or something like that and the game was not as close as the score indicates. Eagles whipped our butts.. I feel had plax not shot himself our record instead of being 12-4 would have been more on par with GBs 15-1 from this past season in defense of their Title. Would we have kept it going through playoffs and won another Title. Who knows... Hard to tell. Fact is we all blame plax but if you remember on D-Line was out of gas in those last 4-5 games.. We generated no pass rush whatsoever and teams just lit us up in passin game. So prob not....

miked1958
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
A lot has to go right to win a Title. You need to have Breaks, Skill and sometimes a lot of luck. Has to be a special yr in a lot of ways to win it all. Hope we have what it takes this season to repeat

BK07071
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM

Some GB fans I know all say they didn't take the NYG seriously &amp; were overlooking them but I don't buy that but that's what some die hard GB fans swear happened.

They've told me they would beat the NYG's 8/10 games because they had league MVP QB, much better D &amp; O &amp; a better coaching staff.

You know what I say?

All that fancy talk ain't worth doodly squat. You got beat &amp; beat soundly.. Get over it. Ah to the victor's go the spoils. Love it.

Be patient with these GB fans......they'll come around and realize that their team is highly over rated......... Listen, even a toilet can handle only one a**hole at a time, so be patient they're just like Patriot fans and it's still taking them awhile to get over their loss too!!!

midnite_nj
06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Lol !

Lambeau12
06-18-2012, 11:56 PM
You have to agree though that were not overrated. I think the year we won the super bowl we were as good as you guys were this year. I think we were better then anyone in the AFC this year.

GreenZone
06-19-2012, 02:54 AM
You have to agree though that were not overrated. I think the year we won the super bowl we were as good as you guys were this year. I think we were better then anyone in the AFC this year.

I'm wondering, "Lambeau," if you go around to all 30 other team's boards and butter them up in order to advance Packer praise discussion with fans there? I mean, you would do wonders in the Packer P.R. department. Why do you feel this great need to get Giant fans to praise the team you root for? It's starting to turn me off from a team I've found as a distant second team to root for.

RonJon
06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Hard to beleive the Packers could have overlooked the Giants after the way they went toe to toe with them in that first game right down to end. Giants just were the better team that day. Thats how it goes in the NFL. Not necessrarily the best team that wins, but the team that PLAYS the best when it counts most

Husky
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Well, if it weren't for the 2 bad calls on TD catches, your guys would have.

Lambeau12
06-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I think GB has a good shot at winning a title this year.

burier
06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
you're not supposed to get over a playoff loss.

JJC7301
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM

You know what I say?

But in hindsight, the really didn't have that much of an advantage over the Giants. Okay, I'll give them the MVP QB, and while the O may have been a little better, the Giants' O was very good as well. But no, GB did not have a better D than the Giants and how could they possibly say that their coaching was better? How do they make that comparison?

The Giants surprised everyone because they were healthy at the end of the year, and their difficult schedule primed them for the playoffs. GB had a big hole, it's D, that it's O was covering up all year long. The Giants had a big hole, injuries, which they survived until healthy during the final stretch.

Lambeau12
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
We play better in NY anyway. Cant wait for November 25th. We put up 38 points out there last season so no worries.

appodictic
06-20-2012, 01:33 AM

They've told me they would beat the NYG's 8/10 games because they had league MVP QB, much better D &amp; O &amp; a better coaching staff.

You know what I say?

All that fancy talk ain't worth doodly squat. You got beat &amp; beat soundly.. Get over it. Ah to the victor's go the spoils. Love it.
But in hindsight, the really didn't have that much of an advantage over the Giants. Okay, I'll give them the MVP QB, and while the O may have been a little better, the Giants' O was very good as well. But no, GB did not have a better D than the Giants and how could they possibly say that their coaching was better? How do they make that comparison?

The Giants surprised everyone because they were healthy at the end of the year, and their difficult schedule primed them for the playoffs. GB had a big hole, it's D, that it's O was covering up all year long. The Giants had a big hole, injuries, which they survived until healthy during the final stretch.

The reason they lost is they have the worst defence in the NFL. Eli had so much time in the pocket he could have done his taxes. And they cant prevent a hail mary, Or tackle nicks TD.

Stuff like this happens when your a one trick pony...The giants really won the super bowl because they were a balanced team..

Lets look: falcons....no down field passing other then that decent
packers: no defence, great offence but had an off day,
49ers: not one good receiver having your TE be your leading receiver is a joke (even though venon davis is great)
Patriots: So so defence, that played well, cant run the ball, cant eat clock.

The giants were the only team in each match up to field a complete functioning team.

Packers peaked early they lost to the 1/15 chiefs...go explain that one.

greenca190
06-20-2012, 01:36 AM
We play better in NY anyway. Cant wait for November 25th. We put up 38 points out there last season so no worries.

Why do you still post here. Find a girlfriend.

Diamondring
06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I still can't get over the loss of the Superbowl to the Ravens.

Mod_C
06-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Why do you still post here. Find a girlfriend.

That's uncalled for.

miked1958
06-23-2012, 02:36 AM

You know what I say?

The Giants surprised everyone because they were healthy at the end of the year, and their difficult schedule primed them for the playoffs. GB had a big hole, it's D, that it's O was covering up all year long. The Giants had a big hole, injuries, which they survived until healthy during the final stretch.They kinda pulled on GB what GB pulled on everyone the yr before. If you remember they had some a ton of injuries all throughout the season, some of them major. Then they got healthier at right time, got not and won it all. Sound familiar

SweetZombieJesus
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
They kinda pulled on GB what GB pulled on everyone the yr before. If you remember they had some a ton of injuries all throughout the season, some of them major. Then they got healthier at right time, got not and won it all. Sound familiar

Interestingly in 2010 it was the Giants who were in the driver's seat with 7:30 to go the week before -- before the meltdown to the Eagles. Had they won that won, they won the NFC East.

When they played Green Bay the following week, the Giants still could have made the playoffs by winning -- and that win would have knocked Green Bay out.

So the Giants went from a romp for the NFC East to completely missing the playoffs in 4 1/2 quarters.

My memory is that they completely sleepwalked in that game -- didn't bother getting off the plane, mentally. Sound familiar?