PDA

View Full Version : COULD JEREMY SHOCKEY RETURN TO GIANTS?

RoanokeFan
06-19-2012, 10:57 AM
COULD JEREMY SHOCKEY RETURN TO GIANTS? (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/could_te_jeremy_shockey_return_to_the_new_york_gia nts/11043827)

"Following a bitter breakup with the New York Giants, could
veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey find his way back onto the
team’s roster this season? Shockey remains without a job, receiving little
interest on the free agent market this year, and according to <a title="shockey" href="http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-14/news/31183289_1_jeremy-shockey-gm-jerry-reese-jake-ballard">the
New York Daily News</a>, contacted the franchise in March expressing his desire
to return. New York waived injured tight end Jake Ballard last
week and he was quickly picked up by the New England Patriots.New York had the
intention of re-signing Ballard after waiving him and eventually placing him on
injured reserve for the season.

The Giants acquired former tight end Martellus Bennett in
free agency this year, signing him to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million
dollars. Bennett’s best season with the Dallas Cowboys came in
2010 when he recorded 33 receptions for 260 yards. Bennett reported to Giants
offseason workouts this summer weighing in at 291 pounds, significantly more
than his 265 pound playing weight in years past.</p>

Ballard’s teammate, Travis Beckum is currently rehabbing his
knee after undergoing ACL surgery after the Super Bowl and could start the
season on the PUP list, a move which would ensure that he will miss the first
six games of the regular season.</p>

The Giants currently have five other tight ends on their 90-man offseason
roster. Christian Hopkins, Larry Donnell,
Bear Pascoe, Ryan Purvis and Adrien
Robinson.</p>

Shockey’s best seasons have come during his time with the Giants and will
turn 32 this August. Bennett holds the top tight end position during offseason
workouts, but given the weight issues he brought to camp, one has to wonder if
he can become the vertical threat the Giants are looking for from the tight end
position.</p>

Shockey’s game his diminished with age, but there are few remaining tight
ends left in the free agent market. Shockey burned bridges with his departure
during his first stop with the Giants. Is it possible that the coaching staff
overlooks his past history while filling a possible need for the Giants? If
Bennett struggles, it’s possible that the Giants staff could let bygones be
bygones and make Shockey’s phone ring."</p>

TuckYou
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Right after we sign Tiki back. </P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM

*</P>

We should sign Smith and Plax too

Roosevelt
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't see Reese, Coughlin, or Manning wanting him back do you RF?

giantsfan420
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
i just dont see it...i doubt hed even be an upgrade over our PS guys overall...he wasnt known for his precise route running and team chemistry

RoanokeFan
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Maybe when pigs fly. We'd have to have ZERO benefit from the guys we have for Shockey to resurrect his career here, IMO.

dezzzR
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I highly doubt it, but wouldnt be opposed to it for vet min and incentives.

GMENAGAIN
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I am completely in favor of bringing in a former Giant TE to shore up the position . . . . . Visanthe Schiancoe.

ryan12
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Maybe when pigs fly. We'd have to have ZERO benefit from the guys we have for Shockey to resurrect his career here, IMO.
</P>

</P>

i was abig shockey homer that said no effing way i want him back </P>

G-Man67
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
ha, wow that just shows how deep we are in the offseason ... they can't find anything to write about</P>

Shockey is way past his prime, so even if he came in here all humble and willing to accept any role ...it still wouldn't be worth it and we all know that he can't do that ... he can't make a catch and hand it to the ref ... he's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen ... he can't just be quiet in the huddle ... he can't just go to the sidelines quietly ... it's just not who he is ... but despite that ... in his prime it was fun watching him do his thing ... but this is a young man's game</P>

ebick
06-19-2012, 11:33 AM

*</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k

Eli TO Shockey
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I can't say I'd be completely againt this. Too bad it'll never happen

Flip Empty
06-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd bring Shiancoe back before Shockey

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM

I'd bring Howard Cross back before Shockey...

jakegibbs
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
ha, wow that just shows how deep we are in the offseason ... they can't find anything to write about</P>

Shockey is way past his prime, so even if he came in here all humble and willing to accept any role ...*it still wouldn't be worth it and we all know that he can't do that ... he can't make a catch and hand it to the ref ... he's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen ... he can't just be quiet in the huddle ... he can't just go to the sidelines quietly ... it's just not who he is ... but despite that ... in his prime it was fun watching him do his thing ... but this is a young man's game</P>

Past his Prime? How old is he now 40? Doesn't seem that long ago when he was the toast of some the posters on this message board. My how time flies. How quickly you go from the top of the heap to the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

MikeIsaGiant
06-19-2012, 11:52 AM

*</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k

Lol

Toadofsteel
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I'd bring back a 49 year old Mark Bavaro before Shockey...

jimsgints
06-19-2012, 12:05 PM
You have to wonder, when will these hot head/ego-inflated players learn? If you cause the Giant front office and players (like quaterbacks and coaches) any problems and you are gone for good! For good! I'd really like to know what do these ex players think will happen? When you divorce a team you stay that way. If I'm wrong I'll say so but I think we will work with the talent we have.

sharick88
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I highly doubt it, but wouldnt be opposed to it for vet min and incentives.

This......

Gimaniac
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
When's the last time the Giants brought back anyone ?

Once a Giant, once a Giant.

sharick88
06-19-2012, 12:33 PM

This past season. A bunch of players hit the free agent market this past offseason and were brought back.

Eli TO Shockey
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM

lol true.

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Chase Blackburn...

rebelfan1966
06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Don't see that happening....

Gimaniac
06-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Chase Blackburn...

New York Giants (2005–present)

Never played for anyone else.

MikeIsaGiant
06-19-2012, 01:22 PM
SHOULD Jeremy return to the giants? No, New York would rip him apart

DragonSoul
06-19-2012, 01:32 PM

*</P>about right lol

critters
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I guess I'm alone in that I'd be THRILLED if we brought him back.

GGTM_1977
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Are we really looking that bad at TE that we would even consider bringing back this head case?

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Chase Blackburn...

Yes, but he was released by the Giants and wasn't with the team for half a year before they brought him back...

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM

Chase Blackburn...

Oh...Kent Graham, David Carr...

TuckYou
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I'd bring Shiancoe back before Shockey I'd bring Howard Cross back before Shockey...</P>

Id rather trade for Boss or Ballard</P>

bubblesmcgee
06-19-2012, 02:52 PM

David Carr for this past season...

GiantPride27
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
nay

G-Man67
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Past his Prime? How old is he now 40? Doesn't seem that long ago when he was the toast of some the posters on this message board. My how time flies. How quickly you go from the top of the heap to the bottom of the barrel so to speak.</P>

Mark Bavaro's last productive NFL season was 1993 ... he was born 1963, so 30 years old ... he only had 17 receptions as a 31 year old</P>

Shockwill be 32 in August</P>

i realize some TEs have been productive into their mid 30s or even a little past, but most of those are freakishly good athletes ... Shock simply isnt</P>

and even better proof of his decline is thatN.O. and then Carolina didn't want him back</P>

Neverend
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
At this point, I wouldn't mind

Harooni
06-19-2012, 04:17 PM
not sure when the FO got so bitter, but sadly they will not sign back guys that wanted to leave for whatever reason.

RoanokeFan
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
not sure when the FO got so bitter, but sadly they will not sign back guys that wanted to leave for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure it was when Shockey had that melt down in Reese's office.

JJC7301
06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I couldn't stand Shockey, but I'd take him back if he could A) act like a professional and an adult, and B) actually contribute, which I think he could.

slipknottin
06-19-2012, 04:29 PM
No thanks.

The fight Shockey had with Toomer on twitter just confirmed how much of a ****** shockey was when he was here and continues to be.

Harooni
06-19-2012, 04:37 PM

why not put pride aside , we could use him.

miked1958
06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
If everyone remembers correctly the last time this came up several months ago, the giants ORG expressed no interest in him. When Shockey heard that he denied ever being interested in the giants job saying he would never go back and play for them again

jomo
06-19-2012, 04:50 PM
In a word, no.

JesseJames
06-19-2012, 04:58 PM
people seem to overlook the fact that so far Bennett has shown little and behind him we have even less so before you say no to Shockey just think a little about who goes in if Bennet is out. We have a few guys who can play the position but at what level ??

Firenugget
06-19-2012, 05:30 PM
umm hi...There's a reason he's still a FA folks. Garbage.

Firenugget
06-19-2012, 05:30 PM
umm hi...There's a reason he's still a FA folks. Garbage.

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
not sure when the FO got so bitter, but sadly they will not sign back guys that wanted to leave for whatever reason.*

Use him on the injury report?

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
people seem to overlook the fact that so far Bennett has shown little and behind him we have even less so before you say no to Shockey just think a little about who goes in if Bennet is out. We have a few guys who can play the position but at what level ??

Bear Pascoe is underrated....

Harooni
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM
we all know the chance of injury and the mouth Yoeddy. but Eli is a much better QB now, they threw the hands up because passes where landing in no mans land sailing 5 feet above their heads.
it can work now as long as the org-( reese TC ) swallows some pride.

edit (opps did not see quote underneath pic my bad )

ashleymarie
06-19-2012, 05:47 PM
people seem to overlook the fact that so far Bennett has shown little and behind him we have even less so before you say no to Shockey just think a little about who goes in if Bennet is out. We have a few guys who can play the position but at what level ??</P>

</P>

At what level can Shockey play?</P>

</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
06-19-2012, 05:49 PM

I don't know that pride has anything to do with it. But "needing" Shockey is a stretch. Losing Ballard didn't change the TE situation for 2012. They brought Bennett in, we have Pascoe, Beckum (maybe), and three or four other no names to take to camp. I think Pascoe stays because of his versatility (TE/H-Back). Bennett could well be a welcome surprise given who he was playing behind at Dallas.

I loved Shockey, but he's 32 years old. I hope we can do at least as well as as that without him.

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 05:52 PM
we all know the chance of injury and the mouth Yoeddy. but Eli is a much better QB now, they threw the hands up because passes where landing in no mans land sailing 5 feet above their heads.
it can work now as long as the org-( reese TC ) swallows some pride.

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/jeremy_shockey1.jpg

I guess Cruz should give up his #80, too...

Harooni
06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I guess Cruz should give up his #80, too... No we will give him 88

Roa where i think it is pride is TC is very old school he even refused a meeting with tiki where he wanted to bury the hatchet .

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Roa where i think it is pride is TC is very old school he even refused a meeting with tiki where he wanted to bury the hatchet .

Giant Pride. Works for me...

nygfanmaybe
06-19-2012, 05:57 PM
You're confusing pride with intelligence...

RoanokeFan
06-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Maybe, but Tiki was way out of bounds in his criticism of the team in general and Coughlin specifically. Tiki's ship in professional football has sailed and Shockey's is pulling away form the pier.

jomo
06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>I think we should re-sign Shockey and let him work out in Miami by himself, freezing out his quarterback. Then we should re-sign Tiki in order to re-establish the rat inside the locker room feeding dirt to the media. Lastly we should re-sign the final piece in the triumvirate, Plax.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>At that point we can all read stories AGAIN about how TC is losing control of the team.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>That would be just perfect!</FONT></P>

byron
06-19-2012, 07:13 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>I think we should re-sign Shockey and let him work out in Miami by himself, freezing out his quarterback. Then we should re-sign Tiki in order to re-establish the rat inside the locker room feeding dirt to the media. Lastly we should re-sign the final piece in the triumvirate, Plax.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>At that point we can all read stories AGAIN about how TC is losing control of the team.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>That would be just perfect!</FONT></P>oh boy.... prehapsanother shooting!

jomo
06-19-2012, 07:20 PM

<FONT color=#ff0000>That would be just perfect!</FONT></P>oh boy.... prehapsanother shooting!lol

Harooni
06-19-2012, 07:25 PM
funny how tiki and shockey are rats and malcontents but Strahan said and did some of the same things and was forgiven as a hero. (not that i dont like mike ,one of my favs) just saying go read his book.

Harooni
06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
You're confusing pride with intelligence... maybe pride isn't the correct word, its more like TC can be stubborn. running the same plays over and over at goalline short yardage and sticking with a guy even when he wasnt getting it done, come to mind with TC.

I have had shouting matches with my bosses at times and have come back and worked things out.

jomo
06-19-2012, 07:32 PM
funny how tiki and shockey are rats and malcontents but Strahan said and did some of the same things and was forgiven as a hero. (not that i dont like mike ,one of my favs) just saying go read his book.
Truth, I love Mike. How could that be? I would say that he's shrewder/smarter than Shockey a Miami hurricane but he can't be smarter than the self promoting high school (wow) valedictorian.

Harooni
06-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Truth, I love Mike. How could that be? I would say that he's shrewder/smarter than Shockey a Miami hurricane but he can't be smarter than the self promoting high school (wow) valedictorian.

Come on ,in a sea of athletes with the IQ of a brush. Tiki is pretty sharp.

http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1266683067l/960689.jpg

jomo
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Well, that is certainly true. I just never liked hearing about it over and over and over again (the high school valedictorain thing).</P>

Truth is, what I disliked most about the Tikster was him putting himself above the coaches and his teammates. I am a team guy through and through and I believe in the chain of command. I believe that dissent is good but it needs to run through that chain and NOT through the media. doing so puts yourself ahead of team and that is where the big smile lost me.</P>

He was a great running back but I'd prefer to find another guy to lead our next great RB.</P>

yoeddy
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
funny how tiki and shockey are rats and malcontents but Strahan said and did some of the same things and was forgiven as a hero.* (not that i dont like mike ,one of my favs) just saying go read his book.

Had Strahan left before coming around and supporting Coughlin, and then went on record blasting TC and former teammates, then it's entirely possible he would have ended up being viewed as a villain the same way Tiki and Shockey are. But the fact is that he did buy into Coughlin, and that set him up well as a leader in his last year that got us a Super Bowl. Tiki and Shockey both left as malcontents, neither of whom ever bought into anything other than themselves...

radar-ray
06-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Had Strahan left before coming around and supporting Coughlin, and then went on record blasting TC and former teammates, then it's entirely possible he would have ended up being viewed as a villain the same way Tiki and Shockey are. But the fact is that he did buy into Coughlin, and that set him up well as a leader in his last year that got us a Super Bowl. Tiki and Shockey both left as malcontents, neither of whom ever bought into anything other than themselves...Perfectly said.

Harooni
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Had Strahan left before coming around and supporting Coughlin, and then went on record blasting TC and former teammates, then it's entirely possible he would have ended up being viewed as a villain the same way Tiki and Shockey are. But the fact is that he did buy into Coughlin, and that set him up well as a leader in his last year that got us a Super Bowl. Tiki and Shockey both left as malcontents, neither of whom ever bought into anything other than themselves...Perfectly said.

did strahan buy into TC , or did TC change a bit and realize the players were disliking him?

The best think Tiki could have done was call out Eli and make TC see that he was being too harsh.

look how Eli performed after being called Skittish by his GM, look how he played after being scoffed at when he said he was on
Brady's level.

sometimes people need to be called out.

miked1958
06-20-2012, 04:45 AM

Bear Pascoe is underrated....Agreed

Captain Chaos
06-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, when H*** freezes over... That would be a bad idea!

GMENAGAIN
06-20-2012, 06:27 AM

</P>

Yes, he has certainly handled his life an career after football in a "sharp" manner . . . . .</P>

Gimaniac
06-20-2012, 07:01 AM

Chase Blackburn...

Oh...Kent Graham, David Carr...

OK, those are legit bring backs. Carr is the only one under Jerry Reese AFAIK. Left on really good terms.

Shockey = no chance or returning. He effectively pissed in JRs beer before leaving.

critters
06-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I met a guy a few years ago that was a big Giants fan and CLAIMED that he had worked at a club that a lot of players go to and he had conversations with them when he could. He said numerous guys he talked to loved Shockey as a teammate. Basically said that as a player you don't care about the media stuff you just want to know that the guys on the field with you are giving everything they've got and have your back. You have the same goal and you want guys around you that want to get it done as much as you do. The players he talked to said Jeremy worked hard and was well respected in the locker room. Again, just something I was told by a guy I didn't really know but he seemed honest. Things like that could also depend on which players you're talking to.

In other news, I just found out a couple months ago that my brother's fiance went out with Jeremy Shockey. I keep meaning to ask her about it but haven't had a chance yet.

yoeddy
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
funny how tiki and shockey are rats and malcontents but Strahan said and did some of the same things and was forgiven as a hero.* (not that i dont like mike ,one of my favs) just saying go read his book.

did strahan buy into TC , or did TC change a bit and realize the players were disliking him?

The best think Tiki could have done was call out Eli and make TC see that he was being too harsh.

look how Eli performed after being called Skittish by his GM, look how he played after being scoffed at when he said he was on
Brady's level.*

sometimes people need to be called out.

TC may have changed a bit, but if Strahan didn't believe in TC, he could have retired (as he was contemplating then) or demanded a trade.

I don't think Tiki's calling Eli and TC out had anything to do with their success.

MattMeyerBud
06-20-2012, 12:15 PM
COULD JEREMY SHOCKEY RETURN TO GIANTS? (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/could_te_jeremy_shockey_return_to_the_new_york_gia nts/11043827)

"Following a bitter breakup with the New York Giants, could veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey find his way back onto the team’s roster this season? Shockey remains without a job, receiving little interest on the free agent market this year, and according to the New York Daily News (http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-14/news/31183289_1_jeremy-shockey-gm-jerry-reese-jake-ballard), contacted the franchise in March expressing his desire to return. New York waived injured tight end Jake Ballard last week and he was quickly picked up by the New England Patriots.New York had the intention of re-signing Ballard after waiving him and eventually placing him on injured reserve for the season.

The Giants acquired former tight end Martellus Bennett in free agency this year, signing him to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million dollars. Bennett’s best season with the Dallas Cowboys came in 2010 when he recorded 33 receptions for 260 yards. Bennett reported to Giants offseason workouts this summer weighing in at 291 pounds, significantly more than his 265 pound playing weight in years past.</P>

Ballard’s teammate, Travis Beckum is currently rehabbing his knee after undergoing ACL surgery after the Super Bowl and could start the season on the PUP list, a move which would ensure that he will miss the first six games of the regular season.</P>

The Giants currently have five other tight ends on their 90-man offseason roster. Christian Hopkins, Larry Donnell, Bear Pascoe, Ryan Purvis and Adrien Robinson.</P>

Shockey’s best seasons have come during his time with the Giants and will turn 32 this August. Bennett holds the top tight end position during offseason workouts, but given the weight issues he brought to camp, one has to wonder if he can become the vertical threat the Giants are looking for from the tight end position.</P>

Shockey’s game his diminished with age, but there are few remaining tight ends left in the free agent market. Shockey burned bridges with his departure during his first stop with the Giants. Is it possible that the coaching staff overlooks his past history while filling a possible need for the Giants? If Bennett struggles, it’s possible that the Giants staff could let bygones be bygones and make Shockey’s phone ring."</P>

</P>

</P>

zero shot</P>

FBomb
06-20-2012, 12:21 PM

"Following a bitter breakup with the New York Giants, could veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey find his way back onto the team’s roster this season? Shockey remains without a job, receiving little interest on the free agent market this year, and according to the New York Daily News (http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-14/news/31183289_1_jeremy-shockey-gm-jerry-reese-jake-ballard), contacted the franchise in March expressing his desire to return. New York waived injured tight end Jake Ballard last week and he was quickly picked up by the New England Patriots.New York had the intention of re-signing Ballard after waiving him and eventually placing him on injured reserve for the season.

The Giants acquired former tight end Martellus Bennett in free agency this year, signing him to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million dollars. Bennett’s best season with the Dallas Cowboys came in 2010 when he recorded 33 receptions for 260 yards. Bennett reported to Giants offseason workouts this summer weighing in at 291 pounds, significantly more than his 265 pound playing weight in years past.</P>

Ballard’s teammate, Travis Beckum is currently rehabbing his knee after undergoing ACL surgery after the Super Bowl and could start the season on the PUP list, a move which would ensure that he will miss the first six games of the regular season.</P>

The Giants currently have five other tight ends on their 90-man offseason roster. Christian Hopkins, Larry Donnell, Bear Pascoe, Ryan Purvis and Adrien Robinson.</P>

Shockey’s best seasons have come during his time with the Giants and will turn 32 this August. Bennett holds the top tight end position during offseason workouts, but given the weight issues he brought to camp, one has to wonder if he can become the vertical threat the Giants are looking for from the tight end position.</P>

Shockey’s game his diminished with age, but there are few remaining tight ends left in the free agent market. Shockey burned bridges with his departure during his first stop with the Giants. Is it possible that the coaching staff overlooks his past history while filling a possible need for the Giants? If Bennett struggles, it’s possible that the Giants staff could let bygones be bygones and make Shockey’s phone ring."</P>

</P>

This isn't even a news article!!! It's nothing more than pure speculation by the author. </P>

This is not something the Giants are in the habit of doing. Plax, Smith, Burress, Boss, Barber and Shockey are never going to wear Giants Blue ever again...the sooner everyone comes to grip with that the better.</P>

yoeddy
06-20-2012, 12:25 PM

</P>

This isn't even a news article!!!* It's nothing more than pure speculation by the author.* </P>

This is not something the Giants are in the habit of doing.* Plax, Smith, Burress, Boss, Barber and Shockey are never going to wear Giants Blue ever again...the sooner everyone comes to grip with that the better.</P>

I'm going to contact the team and express my desire to play for them...then maybe someone will write an article about the possibility of my joining the Giants...

G-Man67
06-20-2012, 01:35 PM
as far as Tiki, i choose to judge him on what he did on the field as a football player ... we drafted a good player in Tiki, but to his credit he turned himself into a great player</P>

now, having said that, if he would have gotten his way ... we would have lost Coughlin and we might not have won these 2 Super Bowls as a result ... nevertheless, we didnt draft Tikifor hisleadershipskillsand not everybody can be good at everything ... clearly his leadership skills were not up to anywhere near the level of his football ability</P>

hungrrrry
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM

I'd bring Howard Cross back before Shockey...I'd bring Dave Brown back to be the starting QB before bringing Shockey back to hold a jockstrap!

miked1958
06-20-2012, 05:34 PM

I'd bring Howard Cross back before Shockey...I'd bring Dave Brown back to be the starting QB before bringing Shockey back to hold a jockstrap!Lol, hahahahaha!!! Now I don't care who you are, THATS FUNNY!!!!.

Toadofsteel
06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd bring in Wheatley before Shockey...

No, not tyrone, I'm talking about the sphere from Portal 2 voiced by Stephen Merchant...

alau53
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
id bring back rich kotite version 1970 TE..he's a youse yose type of guy..staten island beast

nycsportzfan
06-20-2012, 06:34 PM
not the worst idea in the world, but i'd rather play Jerrell Jerrnigan at TE before going that route(sarcasm)

Drez
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM

I'd bring Howard Cross back before Shockey...I'd bring Dave Brown back to be the starting QB before bringing Shockey back to hold a jockstrap!
I think I'd rather bring back Derek Brown over Shockey.

Harooni
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
i can think of 8 reasons.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/FantasticMT/Jeremy%20Shockey%20Mood%20Theme/hot.png

FBomb
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
i can think of 8 reasons.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/FantasticMT/Jeremy%20Shockey%20Mood%20Theme/hot.png</P>

lol.....Harooni.....there isn't acloset made that could hold him in!![:)]</P>

yoeddy
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM

Uhhhh...I think I'd bring Shockey back before Dave Brown....

Joe Morrison
06-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Don't know if Shockey still has the desire to Block all game and only get 3 touches.

JesseJames
06-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Don't know if Shockey still has the desire to Block all game and only get 3 touches. thats the best point made here so far, would we get the old attitude Shockey or a wiser better teammate, if we got the better team mate model he would be a decent backup to whoever starts...

Tommy_Ribs
06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
We should bring him back and then cut him the next day, just to be spiteful.

Just Kidding.

Drez
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
We should bring him back and then cut him the next day, just to be spiteful.

Just Kidding.

That would actually be pretty funny, save for the fact that Belichick would claim off waivers whoever we cut to make room for Shockey, lol.

Cool Papa B.
06-21-2012, 05:11 PM
That's A Clown Question, Bro.....

LOL, just kidding. Seriously, we don't need any poison coming into the locker room. Don't need him.