PDA

View Full Version : how to watch without nfl sunday ticket?

jdl
06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
is my only option to watch Giants games is with NFL Game Rewind? They will show every NFL game on sunday at 6am on monday and every sunday night/monday/thursday night game 24 hours later.</P>

I live in PA so i get the steelers and eagles unless i get directv.</P>

</P>

any other options?</P>

Harooni
06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
sports bars and the streaming sites that arent legal.

Spedracer
06-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Harooni is right. *** and sports bars is the only other option. Illegal streaming sites are not reliable at all in my experience.

2 years ago I was in the same spot. Pony up the dough and get Sunday Ticket. They have it on PS3 too if you don't want to change television providers.

If you only desire to watch Giants games then it probably isn't worth it. If you're like me and spend all sunday watching the NFL then it will be worth every penny for the good games.

Harooni
06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Harooni is right. *** and sports bars is the only other option. Illegal streaming sites are not reliable at all in my experience.

2 years ago I was in the same spot. Pony up the dough and get Sunday Ticket. They have it on PS3 too if you don't want to change television providers.

If you only desire to watch Giants games then it probably isn't worth it. If you're like me and spend all sunday watching the NFL then it will be worth every penny for the good games.

thx for the heads up about ps3 i'll look into it, living in VA, i already have mlb tv. i would like something reliable for nfl.

redbeardxxv
06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
The sites that stream NFL games illegally are dicey. Sometimes the quality is poor, and often the streams get shut down. If you find yourself with no other options, though, it's best to have 4-5 different sites to switch between depending on quality/availability. Sunday ticket is expensive. Another choice would be satellite radio-but of course you only get to hear the game that way. Going to a bar every Sunday means chicken wings, beer, etc... so that can get expensive too...

I really think the NFL needs to find a less costly means to get the fans their games. Until then, I know of a few sites, and I have my laptop hooked up to my big screen........ Not that I would EVER illegally watch a game.... just saying I have a good setup in case I ever decided to........

titwio
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I have a question...

I've found some random full Giants games on youtube...Does anyone know of a specific person there who has multiple games in their account?

I ask because sometimes they're hidden and you have to dig them up.

Drez
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
The sites that stream NFL games illegally are dicey. Sometimes the quality is poor, and often the streams get shut down. If you find yourself with no other options, though, it's best to have 4-5 different sites to switch between depending on quality/availability. Sunday ticket is expensive. Another choice would be satellite radio-but of course you only get to hear the game that way. Going to a bar every Sunday means chicken wings, beer, etc... so that can get expensive too...

I really think the NFL needs to find a less costly means to get the fans their games. Until then, I know of a few sites, and I have my laptop hooked up to my big screen........ Not that I would EVER illegally watch a game.... just saying I have a good setup in case I ever decided to........
If you have Verizon you can stream games on your phone. Not sure how much it costs a month, I think you just have to pay for VCast... And seeing as most smartphones have hdmi out port, you can hook it up to your TV. Not too sure the quality, though, as I've never streamed a game on my phone or hooked it up to my TV.

Die-Hard
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Talking about this stuff is fine. Just a reminder though, in case there are some newer people who may not be familiar with the rule:

Don't post any links or site names please. If people want to find streams of games, Google will help them. Thanks guys.

Martyr
06-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I live in PA also but I get to see giants games most of the season. As long as the giants & eagles don't play as the same time I get the giants more often then not.

Ive had some fun times at a sports bar but the last was mixed. Another giants fan out looking like a dumb arse screaming about how bad the giants suck & cut the team ect. As long as you get some level headed giants fans to sit around you'll have fun

Pakman
06-19-2012, 11:15 PM
NFL Sunday ticket is only 199

PoloGroundsFan
06-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I have RCN in eastern part of PA and they have Fox NY in their regular channel lineup.

bELIeve_in_Giants
06-20-2012, 12:21 AM
NFL Sunday ticket is only 199

Yes, they just lowered the price.

I lucked out - just switched to direct Tv (so as to not wake up in a roadside ditch) and I got NFL ticket for free this year. I usually get the Giants game anyway, but I'm interesting in watching the Broncos this year.

Flip Empty
06-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Just search Twitter on gameday and you can usually find a plethora of streams.

Giant stuck in Texas
06-20-2012, 01:42 AM

thx for the heads up about ps3 i'll look into it, living in VA, i already have mlb tv. i would like something reliable for nfl.
Ahhhh yes, I can see it now....
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/imerjauto/rainbowcont-1.jpg

Just messing Harooni.....

Harooni
06-20-2012, 04:08 AM

LOL

miked1958
06-20-2012, 06:15 AM
is my only option to watch Giants games is with NFL Game Rewind?** They will show every NFL game on sunday at 6am on monday and every sunday night/monday/thursday night game 24 hours later.</P>

*</P>

any other options?</P>Looking at the schedule there are at least 9 games for sure any giants fan living anywhere will get. They are either primerime or 415 starts where you are only up against a few other games. And the 415pm opponents are all higher profile teams like SF, NO, Steelers and Cowboys. Also depending on what your AFC channel is where you are you got a shot at games at 1pm vs cleveland, Cinn and ravens

ebick
06-20-2012, 11:29 AM
is my only option to watch Giants games is with NFL Game Rewind?** They will show every NFL game on sunday at 6am on monday and every sunday night/monday/thursday night game 24 hours later.</P>

*</P>

any other options?</P>Looking at the schedule there are at least 9 games for sure any giants fan living anywhere will get. They are either primerime or 415 starts where you are only up against a few other games. And the 415pm opponents are all higher profile teams like SF, NO, Steelers and Cowboys. Also depending on what your AFC channel is where you are you got a shot at games at 1pm vs cleveland, Cinn and ravens

This is EXACTLY how I look at it. I then take the cost of Sunday Ticket and divide it by the number of games I know or estimate I will need it for. Being as cheap as I am (and cuz I don't drink beer) I can justify going somewhere that has Sunday Ticket to watch the game when I need to.....but also, my ComCrap has NFLN and RedZone......RedZone is also a pretty good option, maybe along with the free radio broadcast that is always available, on those games.

jdl
06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
the part i left out is i am dropping cable all together. $80-$150/ month for commerical tv is insane. yes i can get 8-10 of the games on tv,but i of course want to watch them all. I'll most likely goto 1 or 2of the games. I dont feel like paying $350 for directv on the ps3 for only 8 games (cant just buy the $200 option).</P>

i also found a great link that shows how to watch games legally just google "sportsgeekery watch nfl legally"</P>

also have a great indoor antenna to take care of local fox/abc/nbc/cbs so that covers all but espn and nfl networks.</P>

looking at the schedule, i'll get the steelers and ravens games as well so this is looking good this year to drop cable and spend that money on going to a game to two.</P>

Giant stuck in Texas
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
the part i left out is i am dropping cable all together.** $80-$150/ month for commerical tv is insane.**** yes i can get 8-10 of the games on tv,*but i of course want to watch them all.** I'll most likely goto 1 or 2*of the games.* I dont feel like paying $350 for directv on the ps3* for only 8 games (cant just buy the $200 option).</P>

i also found a great link that shows how to watch games legally just google "sportsgeekery watch nfl legally"</P>

also have a great indoor antenna to take care of local fox/abc/nbc/cbs so that covers all but espn and nfl networks.</P>

looking at the schedule, i'll get the steelers and ravens games as well so this is looking good this year to drop cable and spend that money on going to a game to two.</P>Sunday ticket is only $199 this year, unless I'm missing something.

Jiffy Jeff
06-20-2012, 12:46 PM

LOL

LOL....."Taste the rainbow."

jdl
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
you are missing that i dropped my directv service all together, so i cant buy sunday ticket. Sadly they dont sell that by itself without service. I can get it for the ps3, however that is the $350 charge. The $199 charge is only the games on a directv receiver. You need to buy the max package to get it on the go/smartphone/computer/ps3.

Meanhothead
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't have DirectTV, but my friend does.

He buys the NFL Ticket, and I pay him for the DirectTV NFL mobile.

I do have iPad He gives me his account and I hook up my iPad up to my LCD TV and I get the NFL Ticket.

You have to remember NYG have so many national televised games, you really would only be making the trip to the bar at the most 6 times I think this season.

JazzyJoe
06-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Get a Sling Box - totally legal. If you know someone who lives in NY area, and has the Giants on every week. The person hooks up the Sling to their TV and then to their computer. The other person downloads the Sling software and you watch that person's TV from your computer. Pretty decent picture but not perfect, and like I said it's totally legal.