PDA

View Full Version : Keep and Give

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Hakeem Nicks , Jason Pierre Paul

Hypothetically, if you had to make a decision

Who would you keep, who would you give away?

FYI, P.S. Season needs to start now

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 01:16 PM

if a gun was put to my head and i had to choose. id keep JPP... both are amazing talents. but with eli, we could get another wr and eli could make him productive, not necessarily on nicks level, but enough to win imo.

jpp is just a physical phenomenon who is already imho a top 5 defensive player and he is so raw that when he is a complete de with good technique and knowledge, he'll be truly unstoppable. and we could have 10 first overall picks the next 10 drafts and still not come across a talent like jpp...jr is a genius, jpp is prob the best player of that draft class imho

burier
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
You gotta give up Nicks.

Nicks is top 5 at his position.

JPP is top 1 at his position.

gmen0820
06-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd keep JPP. He has best DE ever potential.

giantsfan39
06-20-2012, 01:24 PM
JPP. Easier to find WR talent than elite DE talent.

There are very few guys who could replace JPP. Jared Allen is the only DE who is better than him.

On the other hand Fitzgerald, Johnsonx2, Wallace, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings and soon A.J Green are all similar or better caliber player to Nicks.

GMENAGAIN
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Keep JPP . . . harder to find a DE with his talent than it would be to find a WR with Nicks' talent . . .

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 01:26 PM
JPP is just a natural beast

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Nicks is great.. But at the end of the day, JPP will be in the top 5 DE's ever. JPP is the keeper.

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
lets add a new topic to the debate.

keep/give between JPP and Eli...

now that is a tough one and im a HUGE eli homer. id still keep eli, but i wouldnt be happy about it...

buffyblue
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Keep Eli Manning, he is the only player on the team we can not lose.

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I love Hakeem the dream Nicks but you gotta go JPP. hes a guy that can anchor your defense for the next 10 years. and its easier to find WRs with talent than great DEs like JPP, esp with Eli throwing them the ball, he seriously makes everyone around him better.

with that said if i had to choose between JPP or Eli im absolutely going Eli. like i said he makes everyone around him better. plus hes a proven winner and a clutch player. he is just a champion in all aspects.

franchise player (Eli) > defensive anchor (JPP)

ashleymarie
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Keep Eli Manning, he is the only player on the team we can not lose.</P>

</P>

I would not want to lose our rising star JPP. But I have to agree with you. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 03:36 PM

now that is a tough one and im a HUGE eli homer. id still keep eli, but i wouldnt be happy about it...

I wanted to do JPP v. Eli at first but I was afraid of some responses on this board... even if it was hypothetical.

But nonetheless, I'd say Eli.

Sure, it's hard to replace JPP, but we're also giving away our franchise QB

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.
haha i havent been on here in a long time but back in the day in like 06 it was hugeeee rarity to see a comment like this. you used to get destroyeddd on this MB if someone made a comment like this.

soooo glad that had changed and were 2x super bowl champs since :)

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 03:48 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.
haha i havent been on here in a long time but back in the day in like 06 it was hugeeee rarity to see a comment like this. you used to get destroyeddd on this MB if someone made a comment like this.

oh i know. i was reemed bc i been on the eli bandwagon day 1. although im a homer, im also objective. bc i was able to foresee elis development, the typical "realists" (anything but) then turned me being correct into being a blind homer and that "they" were really right all along. lmfao.

and now that elis dominating, we arent allowed to discuss it according to those same posters who would rip eli, and his supporters apart...

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM

I wanted to do JPP v. Eli at first but I was afraid of some responses on this board... even if it was hypothetical.

But nonetheless, I'd say Eli.

Sure, it's hard to replace JPP, but we're also giving away our franchise QB

yeah i feel ya. the "this is pointless. stop being eli homers" woulda rained all over the thread...

with the responses to the eli vs jpp issue, i agree with everyones sentiment. i think we could agree that it wouldnt be insane to keep JPP over Eli, but you gotta keep Eli in todays NFL...

we're lucky we have the talent we do. think about that for a moment. how many teams would kill for a JPP, or an Eli, or a Nicks, or a Cruz, or a Tuck, or an Osi, or a KP or Rolle....JR truly has amassed an amazing roster. its why we were able to win the lombardi even tho we were decimated by injury

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 03:54 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

oh i know. i was reemed bc i been on the eli bandwagon day 1. although im a homer, im also objective. bc i was able to foresee elis development, the typical "realists" (anything but) then turned me being correct into being a blind homer and that "they" were really right all along. lmfao.

and now that elis dominating, we arent allowed to discuss it according to those same posters who would rip eli, and his supporters apart...

lol yupp same here. i am a realist, but i was a realist that said give him time to develop. you cant expect a Cam Newton, Big Ben, Andy Dalton type rookie season from QBs thats just insane.

it seriously used to be mayhem here before we won the super bowls. when we started 0-2 in 07 i coulda swore the sky was falling based on everyones posts here, and then 5 months later we were SB champs. i wasnt here last season really, but i expect it was more of the same during our 4 game losing streak lol

G-Man67
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
keep and keep</P>

but to play along it is slightly harder to find a freakishly good pass rusher than it is to find a freakishly good WR</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

lol yupp same here. i am a realist, but i was a realist that said give him time to develop. you cant expect a Cam Newton, Big Ben, Andy Dalton type rookie season from QBs thats just insane.

it seriously used to be mayhem here before we won the super bowls. when we started 0-2 in 07 i coulda swore the sky was falling based on everyones posts here, and then 5 months later we were SB champs. i wasnt here last season really, but i expect it was more of the same during our 4 game losing streak lol

lol. ill say this (i dont wanna hijack the thread its an interesting topic) all those people who were dead wrong about eli were proven dead wrong by the very posts they posted here. karma worked out perfectly, the most adimant in hating on eli are known. i wont name them, but we all know who they are, and they take **** often. so, things worked out aces for guys like u and me. i've always said "those that would rip apart Eli, TC, the team...they coudlnt possibly enjoy the success as much as people like u and me who have been loyal, faithful, objective, and rational from day one".
the people who were openly hating on eli are almost bandwagon jumpers...eli wasnt playing up to his enormous potential from day 1, so they ripped him apart. when he reached the level of play we expected, they suddenly got aboard....

back on topic:
is there a player on the team that we could agree we'd take over Eli or JPP besides those 2 obvously?

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
im a HUGE eli homer. haha i havent been on here in a long time but back in the day in like 06 it was hugeeee rarity to see a comment like this. you used to get destroyeddd on this MB if someone made a comment like this. soooo glad that had changed and were 2x super bowl champs since :) oh i know. i was reemed bc i been on the eli bandwagon day 1. although im a homer, im also objective. bc i was able to foresee elis development, the typical "realists" (anything but) then turned me being correct into being a blind homer and that "they" were really right all along. lmfao. and now that elis dominating, we arent allowed to discuss it according to those same posters who would rip eli, and his supporters apart... lol yupp same here. i am a realist, but i was a realist that said give him time to develop. you cant expect a Cam Newton, Big Ben, Andy Dalton type rookie season from QBs thats just insane. it seriously used to be mayhem here before we won the super bowls. when we started 0-2 in 07 i coulda swore the sky was falling based on everyones posts here, and then 5 months later we were SB champs. i wasnt here last season really, but i expect it was more of the same during our 4 game losing streak lol lol. ill say this (i dont wanna hijack the thread its an interesting topic) all those people who were dead wrong about eli were proven dead wrong by the very posts they posted here. karma worked out perfectly, the most adimant in hating on eli are known. i wont name them, but we all know who they are, and they take **** often. so, things worked out aces for guys like u and me. i've always said "those that would rip apart Eli, TC, the team...they coudlnt possibly enjoy the success as much as people like u and me who have been loyal, faithful, objective, and rational from day one". the people who were openly hating on eli are almost bandwagon jumpers...eli wasnt playing up to his enormous potential from day 1, so they ripped him apart. when he reached the level of play we expected, they suddenly got aboard.... back on topic: is there a player on the team that we could agree we'd take over Eli or JPP besides those 2 obvously?</P>

Some fans have the audacity to criticize players when they playpoorly and praise them when they play well. What a novel approach!</P>

Of course...YOU know better.</P>

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 04:05 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

lol. ill say this (i dont wanna hijack the thread its an interesting topic) all those people who were dead wrong about eli were proven dead wrong by the very posts they posted here. karma worked out perfectly, the most adimant in hating on eli are known. i wont name them, but we all know who they are, and they take **** often. so, things worked out aces for guys like u and me. i've always said "those that would rip apart Eli, TC, the team...they coudlnt possibly enjoy the success as much as people like u and me who have been loyal, faithful, objective, and rational from day one".
the people who were openly hating on eli are almost bandwagon jumpers...eli wasnt playing up to his enormous potential from day 1, so they ripped him apart. when he reached the level of play we expected, they suddenly got aboard....

back on topic:
is there a player on the team that we could agree we'd take over Eli or JPP besides those 2 obvously?

lol yupp they all ate their fair share of crow.

but yeah lets get back on topic lol. no way there is anyone else to take over them. i guess we all agree that Eli and JPP are our top 2 players on the team.

how about top 5 overal on the team then? id have to go with:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

i know i will take heat and critizism for placing Deihl top 5, but its my opinion lol. and the reason i have him top 5 is because he can play every and any position on the OL. people get hurt, we move Deihl to cover their spot. we cut Luke Pettiguot because he's awful and cant learn a snap count and Deihl comes in and plays LT and we win the SB. Beatty gets hurt Deihl plays LT we win the SB. Beatty comes back and Booth played really well at LG, we move Deihl to start at RT. the guy is a true trench monster

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 04:07 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

but yeah lets get back on topic lol. no way there is anyone else to take over them. i guess we all agree that Eli and JPP are our top 2 players on the team.

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

i know i will take heat and critizism for placing Deihl top 5, but its my opinion lol. and the reason i have him top 5 is because he can play every and any position on the OL. people get hurt, we move Deihl to cover their spot. we cut Luke Pettiguot because he's awful and cant learn a snap count and Deihl comes in and plays LT and we win the SB. Beatty gets hurt Deihl plays LT we win the SB. Beatty comes back and Booth played really well at LG, we move Deihl to start at RT. the guy is a true trench monster

I mean go ahead, make your own thread about it then...

Why is this thread being hijacked?

jakegibbs
06-20-2012, 04:09 PM

I would Keep Hakeem & Give JPP a big fat LONG TERM, can't get out of it so to speak, CONTRACT.

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 04:09 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

lmaoo sorry didnt mean to be a **** about it haha. i just figured everyone agrees JPP over Nicks and Eli over JPP. didnt mean no harm lol

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

lmaoo sorry didnt mean to be a **** about it haha. i just figured everyone agrees JPP over Nicks and Eli over JPP. didnt mean no harm lol

;) don't worry, I'm not a **** around here

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:23 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

lmfao. MS on que...

i honestly cant blame u for listing DD at 5...hes one of my all time fav giants. now moreso bc of his heart and loyalty and will to win and not so much his skill set. if its overall skill set/talent i dont think dd would be top 15. but i can respect ur opinion placing him there.

as poorly as hes played, he was our LT for the SB run and he's been reliable for years now. versatile as u pointed out as well.

that said, id rather DD goes to backup/swing tackle role now and limit his snaps...i'd agree 1 to 4, but 5 i'd have to put cruz and thats still a lil premature so maybe webster before cruz...we're lucky to have such talent

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

yea OP is a cool dude never seen him act questionable.

and the top 5 or eli over jpp isnt hijacking the thread, its continuing/progressing it.

i meant the hijack part about the eli homer/rant part we both were conversing in didnt want the thread turning into one of those. god knows theres enough of em lol

mike whose ur top 5

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

yea OP is a cool dude never seen him act questionable.

and the top 5 or eli over jpp isnt hijacking the thread, its continuing/progressing it.

i meant the hijack part about the eli homer/rant part we both were conversing in didnt want the thread turning into one of those. god knows theres enough of em lol

mike whose ur top 5

or another way of asking. mike, is there a player ud take over JPP on the team right now if we had to give one of em away?

after Eli and JPP bc like ss12 said, eli and jpp are pretty much untouchable, what other keep/give questions u got?

Mod_C
06-20-2012, 04:45 PM
im a HUGE eli homer.

back on topic:

1. Eli
2. JPP
3. Nicks
4. Tuck
5. Deihl

It's really just a by-product of posters' responses. You pose a question and get a few direct answers and then, along the way, we see personal attacks caused by differences of opinion or calling a fellow poster out simply because.... We also see an off-shoot of the OP when someone adds a thought. Pretty soon, what started out as a discussion about apples has become a conversation about cumquats.

It's harder than you might think to keep posters focused on the original objective.

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, my bad. Don't even know what I said.

1) Eli
2) JPP
3) Nicks
4) Tuck
5) Cruz

is what I would do

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, my bad. Don't even know what I said. 1) Eli 2) JPP 3) Nicks 4) Tuck 5) Cruz is what I would do</P>

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Picked Boley 3 because the defense played substantially better with him healthy and terrible when he was out.</P>

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, my bad. Don't even know what I said. 1) Eli 2) JPP 3) Nicks 4) Tuck 5) Cruz is what I would do</P>

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Picked Boley 3 because the defense played substantially better with him healthy and terrible when he was out.</P>

u think Cruz is better than Nicks? dont get me wrong i love them both but i still think Nicks is a lot better all around WR than Cruz

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

u think Cruz is better than Nicks? dont get me wrong i love them both but i still think Nicks is a lot better all around WR than Cruz</P>

Not really sure , both had huge years. I will say that Cruz made some of the biggest plays of the season, including <U>the </U>biggest play of the season. If we go by last year alone, I gotta say Cruz. If we go by the total package, I guess its Nicks.</P>

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

u think Cruz is better than Nicks? dont get me wrong i love them both but i still think Nicks is a lot better all around WR than Cruz</P>

Not really sure , both had huge years.* I will say that Cruz made some of the biggest plays of the season, including <U>the </U>biggest play of the season.* If we go by last year alone, I gotta say Cruz.* If we go by the total package, I guess its Nicks.</P>

yeah i feel you. i just feel like Nicks gives us more to offer. size, strength, hands. Cruz is a good slot WR but couldnt really handle the double teams last year. Nicks handled the double teams and put up big numbers with it as well as opening up more room for Cruz

either way you cant go wrong, theyre both awesome and great WRs

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Not really sure , both had huge years. I will say that Cruz made some of the biggest plays of the season, including <U>the </U>biggest play of the season. If we go by last year alone, I gotta say Cruz. If we go by the total package, I guess its Nicks.</P>

yeah i feel you. i just feel like Nicks gives us more to offer. size, strength, hands. Cruz is a good slot WR but couldnt really handle the double teams last year. Nicks handled the double teams and put up big numbers with it as well as opening up more room for Cruz either way you cant go wrong, theyre both awesome and great WRs</P>

Hey I love Nicks. I started a thread after his rookie year saying that Hakeem Nicks (barring injury) would be the greatest WR in Giants history after his career was over. (took a bunch of **** of course) Plus I love the kid's attitude.</P>

He's very gifted. I still don't think we know how good Cruz is now that they know what he can do. I wonder if his success was in part due to a lack of respect. Time will tell that, but that game he had at SF was awesome.</P>

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Not really sure , both had huge years.* I will say that Cruz made some of the biggest plays of the season, including <U>the </U>biggest play of the season.* If we go by last year alone, I gotta say Cruz.* If we go by the total package, I guess its Nicks.</P>

yeah i feel you. i just feel like Nicks gives us more to offer. size, strength, hands. Cruz is a good slot WR but couldnt really handle the double teams last year. Nicks handled the double teams and put up big numbers with it as well as opening up more room for Cruz either way you cant go wrong, theyre both awesome and great WRs</P>

Hey I love Nicks.* I started a thread after his rookie year saying that Hakeem Nicks (barring injury) would be the greatest WR in Giants history after his career was over.* (took a bunch of **** of course) Plus I love the kid's attitude.</P>

He's very gifted.* I still don't think we know how good Cruz is now that they know what he can do.* I wonder if his success was in part due to a lack of respect.* Time will tell that, but that game he had at SF was awesome.</P>
oh yeah, Cruz had one hell of a game in SF. that one catch i think it was a 3rd down too where he was running right and stopped on a dime to dive left and make the catch was unbelievable.

honestly im a little scared for Cruz this year. he had such an unreal year that its gonna be ridiculously hard to repeat it, esp now since there will be A LOT of attention on him.

i think the Cruz and Nicks tandem is the best in the league and they compliment each other perfectly. but if Nicks misses time i can see Cruz struggling a little bit having to be the #1 option.

miked1958
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Have a hard time even commenting on this thread. But if u really want an answer I have to go with the majority here and say JPP

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 06:01 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Hey I love Nicks.* I started a thread after his rookie year saying that Hakeem Nicks (barring injury) would be the greatest WR in Giants history after his career was over.* (took a bunch of **** of course) Plus I love the kid's attitude.</P>

He's very gifted.* I still don't think we know how good Cruz is now that they know what he can do.* I wonder if his success was in part due to a lack of respect.* Time will tell that, but that game he had at SF was awesome.</P>

i agree with this. and i think i agree with the cruz point too...not yet for cruz, but he has the potential.
and i was way wrong about cruz i never thought he'd reach this level, glad i was seriously wrong on that one...turns out he could be better than nicks.
last year alone, cruz had the better year in terms of jump out of the tv plays, but nicks was a huge reason why. but at the end of the yr, teams did start to double cruz, and nicks went off...

nicks right now, cruz possibly. depends on this next year and after

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 10:43 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Hey I love Nicks. I started a thread after his rookie year saying that Hakeem Nicks (barring injury) would be the greatest WR in Giants history after his career was over. (took a bunch of **** of course) Plus I love the kid's attitude.</P>

He's very gifted. I still don't think we know how good Cruz is now that they know what he can do. I wonder if his success was in part due to a lack of respect. Time will tell that, but that game he had at SF was awesome.</P>

i agree with this. and i think i agree with the cruz point too...not yet for cruz, but he has the potential. and i was way wrong about cruz i never thought he'd reach this level, glad i was seriously wrong on that one...turns out he could be better than nicks. last year alone, cruz had the better year in terms of jump out of the tv plays, but nicks was a huge reason why. but at the end of the yr, teams did start to double cruz, and nicks went off... nicks right now, cruz possibly. depends on this next year and after</P>

We should probably keep our expectations of Cruz reasonable. 1000 yards and 7 or 8 TD's would be a nice follow up from last year. Don't forget the lockout and the obvious problems that defenses around the league had. I thought it would be the offenses but alas.....</P>

We have to be careful about any offensive stats when compared to last season. It will probably go down as the biggest passing year of all time.</P>

Kind of like the 1930 MLB season.</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 10:50 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

i agree with this. and i think i agree with the cruz point too...not yet for cruz, but he has the potential. and i was way wrong about cruz i never thought he'd reach this level, glad i was seriously wrong on that one...turns out he could be better than nicks. last year alone, cruz had the better year in terms of jump out of the tv plays, but nicks was a huge reason why. but at the end of the yr, teams did start to double cruz, and nicks went off... nicks right now, cruz possibly. depends on this next year and after</P>

We should probably keep our expectations of Cruz reasonable.* 1000 yards and 7 or 8 TD's would be a nice follow up from last year.* Don't forget the lockout and the obvious problems that defenses around the league had.* I thought it would be the offenses but alas.....</P>

We have to be careful about any offensive stats when compared to last season.* It will probably go down as the biggest passing year of all time.</P>

i agree. and my expectations are tempered. but i will say this, it would not shock me at all if he did produce another season on the level he performed last season, with similar stats.

i think his game can be THAT good...but I also think a lot of that will depend on Nicks, bc Nicks is THAT good already proven and teams HAVE TO focus on him...when they didn't, and even when they did, he burns you...

i think its really just the tandem we have, and cruz benefiting from it. kinda like that WR opposite Rice all those seasons. I forget his name, but iirc, he's in the HoF, and he had a helluva career and is revered as a great...alot of it came to all the attention Rice got

Joe Morrison
06-20-2012, 10:50 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

We should probably keep our expectations of Cruz reasonable. 1000 yards and 7 or 8 TD's would be a nice follow up from last year. Don't forget the lockout and the obvious problems that defenses around the league had. I thought it would be the offenses but alas.....</P>

We have to be careful about any offensive stats when compared to last season. It will probably go down as the biggest passing year of all time.</P>

</P>

+ Need to find a real # 3 reciever.</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 11:02 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

We should probably keep our expectations of Cruz reasonable.* 1000 yards and 7 or 8 TD's would be a nice follow up from last year.* Don't forget the lockout and the obvious problems that defenses around the league had.* I thought it would be the offenses but alas.....</P>

We have to be careful about any offensive stats when compared to last season.* It will probably go down as the biggest passing year of all time.</P>

</P>

*</P>

he's on the roster...we'll get a good 3rd outta the choice we have...probably a couple of guys will be legitimate

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 11:03 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

We are loaded with young talent at WR. Randall has a chance to be great. And JJ will get his chance. But until then, I see Barden and Hixon being huge for us.</P>

WR is not one of our problem positions. We actually (as SB champs which is awesome) drafted 2 first round picks in Wilson and Randall.</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

We are loaded with young talent at WR.* Randall has a chance to be great.* And JJ will get his chance.* But until then, I see Barden and Hixon being huge for us.</P>

WR is not one of our problem positions.* We actually (as SB champs which is awesome) drafted 2 first round picks in Wilson and Randall.</P>

dude, thats twice in a row i agree with you. we're on a roll. lets keep it going and never look back...

but yeah i been thinking barden would pan out for some time now, i'm giving him one more shot which is more than a lot of people around here i've noticed.
but i think randle will actually be that guy from jump street day 1 tbh...

i think barden, hixon, and jj will all be good rotational guys and great depth. we can rotate our wr's hopefully the way we like to with our DL

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

We are loaded with young talent at WR. Randall has a chance to be great. And JJ will get his chance. But until then, I see Barden and Hixon being huge for us.</P>

WR is not one of our problem positions. We actually (as SB champs which is awesome) drafted 2 first round picks in Wilson and Randall.</P>

dude, thats twice in a row i agree with you. we're on a roll. lets keep it going and never look back... but yeah i been thinking barden would pan out for some time now, i'm giving him one more shot which is more than a lot of people around here i've noticed. but i think randle will actually be that guy from jump street day 1 tbh... i think barden, hixon, and jj will all be good rotational guys and great depth. we can rotate our wr's hopefully the way we like to with our DL</P>

Why wouldn't we? </P>

I think if you stop trying to trash fellow Giants fans you will find that we all root for the same team.</P>

Oops! That was mean.</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 11:22 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

We are loaded with young talent at WR.* Randall has a chance to be great.* And JJ will get his chance.* But until then, I see Barden and Hixon being huge for us.</P>

WR is not one of our problem positions.* We actually (as SB champs which is awesome) drafted 2 first round picks in Wilson and Randall.</P>

dude, thats twice in a row i agree with you. we're on a roll. lets keep it going and never look back... but yeah i been thinking barden would pan out for some time now, i'm giving him one more shot which is more than a lot of people around here i've noticed. but i think randle will actually be that guy from jump street day 1 tbh... i think barden, hixon, and jj will all be good rotational guys and great depth. we can rotate our wr's hopefully the way we like to with our DL</P>

Why wouldn't we?** </P>

I think if you stop trying to trash fellow Giants fans you will find that we all root for the same team.</P>

Oops!* That was mean.</P>

not giants fans or people, just opinions i think are horrible and if i come off as trying to trash an individual then i apologize for that. enough of this, its uncharted territory...

im hoping randle can be as good as billed. if he can play at a similar level to nicks, which is what a lot of the coaches and JR are saying, our wr corp could wind up like the dl issue with having to concede and possibly let osi go and having to part with one of the wrs...

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 11:32 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Why wouldn't we? </P>

Oops! That was mean.</P>

not giants fans or people, just opinions i think are horrible and if i come off as trying to trash an individual then i apologize for that. enough of this, its uncharted territory... im hoping randle can be as good as billed. if he can play at a similar level to nicks, which is what a lot of the coaches and JR are saying, our wr corp could wind up like the dl issue with having to concede and possibly let osi go and having to part with one of the wrs...</P>

Forget about it.</P>

P.S. Randle will be great. (I looked it up. Its Randle, not Randall)</P>

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

dude, thats twice in a row i agree with you. we're on a roll. lets keep it going and never look back...

but yeah i been thinking barden would pan out for some time now, i'm giving him one more shot which is more than a lot of people around here i've noticed.
but i think randle will actually be that guy from jump street day 1 tbh...

i think barden, hixon, and jj will all be good rotational guys and great depth. we can rotate our wr's hopefully the way we like to with our DL

ya i agree with both of you, our #3 is clearly on our team. i think Hixon, if he stays healthy, could be very promising for us. every time hes on the field for us he has made plays. his only issue hes ever had was his health, he has always played above expectations when hes actually on the field.

Randle i think is another guy that will be a huge influence on the passing game. mix Hixon and Randle in on 3 WR sets, either one on the outside opposite Nicks as Cruz is in the slot, and they both will succeed there IMO.

Eli makes all of the players around him better, and these guys are talented so i wouldnt be surprised if either of those 2 had good years as our #3

burier
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Just out of curiousity. Which games did Boley miss?

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 01:32 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

week 11 vs Eagles and week 12 vs Saints. Probably our 2 worst games of the season to be honest

burier
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

week 11 vs Eagles and week 12 vs Saints. Probably our 2 worst games of the season to be honest

My point is it was just two games and the D sucked all season.

gumby742
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Just out of curiousity. Which games did Boley miss?</P>

Actually you can also say Blackburn also. From what i remember once he came on board, our defense was very different. Boley was still around when our defense was terrible but Blackburn wasn't.</P>

burier
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Actually you can also say Blackburn also.* From what i remember once he came on board, our defense was very different.* Boley was still around when our defense was terrible but Blackburn wasn't.</P>

You make a valid point here...but that was a classic case of addition by subtraction.

You can't say the D got better because we got "Healthy" when Chase blackburn was only signed to the team due to injury.

We actually got better when we got LESS healthy.

burier
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
dupe

Morehead State
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

he missed most of the SF game and the next two. I think it was NO and Philly.</P>

gumby742
06-22-2012, 09:51 AM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Actually you can also say Blackburn also. From what i remember once he came on board, our defense was very different. Boley was still around when our defense was terrible but Blackburn wasn't.</P>

You make a valid point here...but that was a classic case of addition by subtraction. You can't say the D got better because we got "Healthy" when Chase blackburn was only signed to the team due to injury. We actually got better when we got LESS healthy.</P>

I'm definitely <U>not</U> saying our defense got better because we got healthy. We were bad in the beginning of the season and good at the end. For this reason, Anything other than mid-season injuries/occurances shouldn't be given as reasons for poor performance. Only a handful of things changed. 1) Blackburn 2) Osi came back. 3) Arguable, but Tuck might have gotten better. No one knows for sure. </P>

The rest is all opinion, but, I don't think those changes are enough to warrant such a change in performance. I mean, we were pretty terrible at one point.</P>

burier
06-22-2012, 11:48 AM

1.Eli</P>

2. JPP</P>

3.Boley</P>

4.Tuck</P>

5.Cruz</P>

Actually you can also say Blackburn also.* From what i remember once he came on board, our defense was very different.* Boley was still around when our defense was terrible but Blackburn wasn't.</P>

You make a valid point here...but that was a classic case of addition by subtraction. You can't say the D got better because we got "Healthy" when Chase blackburn was only signed to the team due to injury. We actually got better when we got LESS healthy.</P>

I'm definitely <U>not</U> saying our defense got better because we got healthy.* We were bad in the beginning of the season and good at the end.* For this reason, Anything other than mid-season injuries/occurances shouldn't be given as reasons for poor performance. Only a handful of things changed.* 1)* Blackburn 2) Osi came back. 3) Arguable, but Tuck might have gotten better.* No one knows for sure.* </P>

The rest is all opinion, but, I don't think those changes are enough to warrant such a change in performance.** I mean, we were pretty terrible at one point.</P>

Oh I know you weren't saying that about the injuries. But alot of people feel like we suddenly got healthy and thats why we started playing better which I believe to be total fiction.