PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin requests trade,

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/percy-harvin-t-tell-why-feeling-very-frowny-234302770--nfl.html

It doesn't seem that Minny is willing to part with him. In hypotheticals, If you wanted him on the Giants what would you give up? He is a great kick returner.

Buto
06-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Barden, Sintim and Ware

hungrrrry
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
If he is traded he will end up in the NFC East but not for the Giants

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
NEVER and i repeat NEVER gonna happen.

but in hypotheticals id say Osi and a 4th for Harvin.

Osi's older but still a premiere pass rusher and Harvins younger and an explosive player always nicked up or hurt or having migranes

GMENAGAIN
06-20-2012, 03:29 PM
NEVER and i repeat NEVER gonna happen. but in hypotheticals id say Osi and a 4th for Harvin. Osi's older but still a premiere pass rusher and Harvins younger and an explosive player always nicked up or hurt or having migranes</P>

WHAT?????? Osi and a 4th? You're nuts.</P>

You'd have to twist my arm to get me to give up one pick to pick up a WR with his history of migraines . . . . . .</P>

jakegibbs
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
If he is traded he will end up in the NFC East but not for the Giants

Yep Andy just said he needs 1 more WR to make the DREAM TEAM complete & garantee a SB or his name aint Reid so to speak.

Rat_bastich
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Definitely do not want. The guy has serious migraine issues on a regular that cause him to sit out multiple games at a time. With the hamstring monster that hits players here plus the migraines that he has...he would be doomed.

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
NEVER and i repeat NEVER gonna happen. but in hypotheticals id say Osi and a 4th for Harvin. Osi's older but still a premiere pass rusher and Harvins younger and an explosive player always nicked up or hurt or having migranes</P>

WHAT??????* Osi and a 4th?* You're nuts.</P>

You'd have to twist my arm to get me to give up one pick to pick up a WR with his history of migraines . . . . . .</P>

i threw in the 4th because of the age difference. Osi is a 31 yr old DE who was hurt a bunch last year, but yet still VERY productive. Harvin just turned 24 and is extremely explosive and can play KR, WR, and RB (if needed not really a strength), but has a history of getting hurt.

basically the 4th covers Osi's age and little bit of injury history to cover for how much of an explosive player Harvin could potentially be if he actually stays healthy

MikeIsaGiant
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
**** Harvin

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Definitely do not want. The guy has serious migraine issues on a regular that cause him to sit out multiple games at a time. With the hamstring monster that hits players here plus the migraines that he has...he would be doomed.
he's missed 3 games in his career and played all 16 games last year... try again please...
Nicks has missed twice as many games as Harvin and has been in the league the same amount of time. I guess now Nicks is doomed :/

For all of you people who don't keep up to date with goings ons... Harvins migraines have been mostly cured since they cured his sleep apnea with a breathing apparatus.

GMENAGAIN
06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Definitely do not want. The guy has serious migraine issues on a regular that cause him to sit out multiple games at a time. With the hamstring monster that hits players here plus the migraines that he has...he would be doomed. he's missed 3 games in his career and played all 16 games last year... try again please... Nicks has missed twice as many games as Harvin and has been in the league the same amount of time. I guess now Nicks is doomed :/ For all of you people who don't keep up to date with goings ons... Harvins migraines have been mostly cured since they cured his sleep apnea with a breathing apparatus.</P>

Eh, Nicks' absences have been due to different injuries . . . . not one chronic one.</P>

I would be interested in reading up on how Harvin's migraines have been cured. Do you have a link?</P>

Regardless of whether or not Harvin believes he is cured, I think that any NFL team would consider it a risk to trade for a player with a history of migraines who makes his living ramming his head into things every day.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Definitely do not want. The guy has serious migraine issues on a regular that cause him to sit out multiple games at a time. With the hamstring monster that hits players here plus the migraines that he has...he would be doomed. he's missed 3 games in his career and played all 16 games last year... try again please... Nicks has missed twice as many games as Harvin and has been in the league the same amount of time. I guess now Nicks is doomed :/ For all of you people who don't keep up to date with goings ons... Harvins migraines have been mostly cured since they cured his sleep apnea with a breathing apparatus.</P>

Eh, Nicks' absences have been due to different injuries . . . . not one chronic one.</P>

I would be interested in reading up on how Harvin's migraines have been cured.* Do you have a link?</P>

Regardless of whether or not Harvin believes he is cured, I think that any NFL team would consider it a risk to trade for a player with a history of migraines who makes his living ramming his head into things every day.</P>

Well he has missed 3 games in 3 years and has played 32 of 33 possible games over the last 2.
Over the last 2 seasons, Harvin has actually been healthier than Nicks.

http://doctorstevenpark.com/sleep-apnea-treatment-cures-migraine-for-nfls-percy-harvin

And from this season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/18/percy-harvin-believes-he-may-be-migraine-free/

jakegibbs
06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/percy-harvin-t-tell-why-feeling-very-frowny-234302770--nfl.html

It doesn't seem that Minny is willing to part with him. In hypotheticals, If you wanted him on the Giants what would you give up? He is a great kick returner.

Next year's 32nd pick in the draft.

Toadofsteel
06-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Barden

GMENAGAIN
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM

I would be interested in reading up on how Harvin's migraines have been cured. Do you have a link?</P>

Well he has missed 3 games in 3 years and has played 32 of 33 possible games over the last 2. Over the last 2 seasons, Harvin has actually been healthier than Nicks. http://doctorstevenpark.com/sleep-apnea-treatment-cures-migraine-for-nfls-percy-harvin And from this season. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/18/percy-harvin-believes-he-may-be-migraine-free/ </P>

That's interesting . . . . I didn't know about that. Thanks for the info.</P>

I'd still be leary of him though, although maybe not to the same extent as I was before I knew about the success of his treatments . . . . . </P>

TuckYou
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
If he is traded he will end up in the NFC East but not for the Giants</P>

Thinking Redskins.</P>

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:34 PM
he's missed 3 games in his career and played all 16 games last year... try again please...
Nicks has missed twice as many games as Harvin and has been in the league the same amount of time. I guess now Nicks is doomed :/

For all of you people who don't keep up to date with goings ons... Harvins migraines have been mostly cured since they cured his sleep apnea with a breathing apparatus.

and also bc no one recalls im assuming, when he had favre as his qb, harvin was NASTY...he looked extremely promising after his rookie season...he's versatile too as rat mentioned...

he'd be an AMAZING slot guy, but we already got one of those. tbh, i might consider this depending on the yrs and money left on his contract....if we could get him for a few yrs for cheap, he could be an awesome security guy if we cant re-sign one of nicks/cruz...harvins young as hell too...

with eli throwing him the ball, and our offense based on getting into open spaces quickly (providing harvin could learn our offense which i dont know) harvin would be an absolute nightmare esp along with nicks/cruz and soon to be randle/bennett...

it depends on his contract info tho like i said....i'd part with a 3rd for him tbh...maybe even a 2nd if we were to get harvin and their 4th or something...our return game would be signficantly improved and he'd be a proven, legitimate threat as a wr

Sundown
06-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I can see the cowboys trading Jenkins for him

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:35 PM

and also bc no one recalls im assuming, when he had favre as his qb, harvin was NASTY...he looked extremely promising after his rookie season...he's versatile too as rat mentioned...

he'd be an AMAZING slot guy, but we already got one of those. tbh, i might consider this depending on the yrs and money left on his contract....if we could get him for a few yrs for cheap, he could be an awesome security guy if we cant re-sign one of nicks/cruz...harvins young as hell too...

with eli throwing him the ball, and our offense based on getting into open spaces quickly (providing harvin could learn our offense which i dont know) harvin would be an absolute nightmare esp along with nicks/cruz and soon to be randle/bennett...

it depends on his contract info tho like i said....i'd part with a 3rd for him tbh...maybe even a 2nd if we were to get harvin and their 4th or something...our return game would be signficantly improved and he'd be a proven, legitimate threat as a wr

id do a JJ and 4th for harvin even tho i love what JJ brings and have a ton of confidence in him

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 04:36 PM

wow that actually sounds likely. plus they lost laurent robinson and could use an additional wr...makes sense...dont like the sound of that

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
espn nfc east blog writer Dan Graziano was rippingggg ppl on twitter this morning for suggesting this lol.

a lot of people are saying Harvin will not get traded at all. the Vikings have absolutely NO ONE at WR besides Harvin. they signed Jerome Simpson but hes suspended the first 3 games. if the Vikes traded Harvin their receiving corps would be just as sh**ty as the Dolphins WRs lol

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 04:38 PM

id do a JJ and 4th for harvin even tho i love what JJ brings and have a ton of confidence in him
I offer a 2nd and a 5th.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 04:39 PM
espn nfc east blog writer Dan Graziano was rippingggg ppl on twitter this morning for suggesting this lol.

a lot of people are saying Harvin will not get traded at all. the Vikings have absolutely NO ONE at WR besides Harvin. they signed Jerome Simpson but hes suspended the first 3 games. if the Vikes traded Harvin their receiving corps would be just as sh**ty as the Dolphins WRs lol
hence why they won't trade him as mentioned by link number 1.
The Cowboys would have to trade Jenkins + Ogletree+draft picks. We would probably have to trade JJ, Hixon, 2nd, 5th

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 04:42 PM

I offer a 2nd and a 5th.
im still saying Osi and a 4th for Harvin

move Kiwi to DE whenever Tuck or JPP needs a rest or were in obvious passing downs (so youll still have 3 solid pass rushers) or even keep him there full time and utilize our depth and young age at LBs. Rivers, Boley, Williams, Blackburn, Herzlich is a nice combo of LBs still even if Kiwi does play DE and well still have our 2nd round pick plus Nicks, Cruz, Harvin, Randle

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM

I offer a 2nd and a 5th.
im still saying Osi and a 4th for Harvin

move Kiwi to DE whenever Tuck or JPP needs a rest or were in obvious passing downs (so youll still have 3 solid pass rushers) or even keep him there full time and utilize our depth and young age at LBs. Rivers, Boley, Williams, Blackburn, Herzlich is a nice combo of LBs still even if Kiwi does play DE and well still have our 2nd round pick plus Nicks, Cruz, Harvin, Randle

sh*t forgto to add in Barden/Hixon/Jernigan into that osi and draft pick trade lol whoops but yeah one of them too

Sundown
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Lol the turds have fleeced the Vikings before why not now haha. Hope it doesn't happen!!

BigBlue1971
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM
wasnt this guy in the same draft class as Nicks? </P>

hes had too many problems with headaches and the such! besides if hes complaining and hasnt even completed his 4th season i'd be reluctlant to sign him.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
wasnt this guy in the same draft class as Nicks?* </P>

hes had too many problems with headaches and the such!* besides if hes complaining and hasnt even completed his 4th season i'd be reluctlant to sign him.</P>

Read previous links. His migraines have been cured. He hasn't had them in 18 months. He had sleep apnea which was causing the migraines. They cured the sleep apnea and his migraines went away.

Neverend
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Id love for harvin to be on this team

nicks/cruz/barden are all free agents next year

we really dont have room for him and its being speculated one of the reasons for wanting to be traded is his desire for more oppurtunities and his talents to be recognized or some **** like that

we already have randle, barden, and jernigan. but man, the idea of an incredibly explosive/quick guy next to cruz/nicks is very exciting. i do however remember harvin struggling as an outside receiver when sidney rice went down in 2010, and favre was still the QB @ the time

thomsoad
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Randle.
And no ... I did not red font.

XxBigWhitxX
06-20-2012, 06:05 PM
If he's traded I almost guarantee he'll be a Redskin. He's a deep threat and I'll admit that RG3 is probably already one of the top deep accurate QBs in the NFL without playing a snap of NFL football.

giantsfan420
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
If he's traded I almost guarantee he'll be a Redskin. He's a deep threat and I'll admit that RG3 is probably already one of the top deep accurate QBs in the NFL without playing a snap of NFL football.

vs weak opponents yeah...
he wasnt nearly effective vs the better collegiate defenses.
im tellin you rg3 guys, imho, he isnt gonna be near the success a lot believe, especially not quickly...expect a tough road for that kid

sharick88
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
He's a dynamic player, but he is damaged goods. His migraines should be a huge concern for any team interested in his services. He is guaranteed to miss time because of them. That diminishes his value. Someone will offer up a 4th or 5th for him.

XxBigWhitxX
06-20-2012, 06:11 PM

vs weak opponents yeah...
he wasnt nearly effective vs the better collegiate defenses.
im tellin you rg3 guys, imho, he isnt gonna be near the success a lot believe, especially not quickly...expect a tough road for that kidOh I believe he was screwed the minute the Commish said "With the second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Redskins select..." I honestl believe he'd of been great on any other team.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
He's a dynamic player, but he is damaged goods. His migraines should be a huge concern for any team interested in his services. He is guaranteed to miss time because of them. That diminishes his value. Someone will offer up a 4th or 5th for him.

Once again, please read previous links. Harvin has been cured of migraines. They were caused by sleep apnea which was cured by a breathing apparatus. He hasn't had a migraine in 18 months since the treatment ended and hasn't missed a game since either.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Once again, please read previous links. Harvin has been cured of migraines. They were caused by sleep apnea which was cured by a breathing apparatus. He hasn't had a migraine in 18 months since the treatment ended and hasn't missed a game since either.

myles2424
06-20-2012, 06:38 PM

Osi's older but still a premiere pass rusher and Harvins younger and an explosive player always nicked up or hurt or having migranes you should be banned from using the boards...

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Osi's older but still a premiere pass rusher and Harvins younger and an explosive player always nicked up or hurt or having migranes you should be banned from using the boards...

what lol

sharick88
06-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Still not interested in having him here.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 07:24 PM

okay so you don't want him here because of opinion. no mere knock on talent/durability. please don't make things up to get your point across.

nycsportzfan
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Id say a 2nd and 3rd rder would get it done...

THE_New_York_Giants
06-20-2012, 07:34 PM
*Id say a* 2nd and 3rd rder would get it done...
would you do that Mr.Draft?

sharick88
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM

okay so you don't want him here because of opinion. no mere knock on talent/durability. please don't make things up to get your point across.

I don't want him here because I like what we have here already. Point blank. He wants more money and we already have 2 receivers that we are about to have to pay big money to.

Flip Empty
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I offer a 2nd and a 5th.
Yeah, that's what I'd offer. The guy is worth it.
Even with Ponder and without AD, he managed to do well.

chasjay
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM

My secretary has had migraines for years and hers have been controlled with the breathing apparatus/oxygen that you mention - but not cured - after two years, they have been about diminished by about 80%

chasjay
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Have the Vikings indicated that they would consider trading Harvin? Unless there are circumstances that clearly justify it, I'm always put off by guys going public with their trade requests.

Flip Empty
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Have the Vikings indicated that they would consider trading Harvin? Unless there are circumstances that clearly justify it, I'm always put off by guys going public with their trade requests.

Apparently they've said they're not going to. This thread is just hypothetical.

chasjay
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Apparently they've said they're not going to. This thread is just hypothetical.

He clearly has a lot of talent, but somehow I don't see him as a Giant. But if he ever wore that NY helmet, I'd be all for him.