PDA

View Full Version : BSPN IS AT IT AGAIN....

giantscolombia
06-20-2012, 06:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/40214/nfc-east-more-or-less</P>

How do you guys feel about this?</P>

accurate or skewed?</P>

Die-Hard
06-20-2012, 06:09 PM
<font size="6">OH NOEZ!!!111!!!!11!</font>

[:'(]

Drez
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Also, I'd like to know why people always attribute it to the network and never the individual writer or broadcaster. If John Clayton says he thinks the Giants are going to be 9-7, it's Clayton that is making that claim, not ESPN.

giantscolombia
06-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Also, I'd like to know why people always attribute it to the network and never the individual writer or broadcaster. If John Clayton says he thinks the Giants are going to be 9-7, it's Clayton that is making that claim, not ESPN.
Clayton works for ESPN and voices his opinion through them. Since ESPN cannot technically voice its opinion...

steve12smith
06-20-2012, 06:28 PM
ehh i mean its really a toss up. i have them looking at around 10-6 possibly even 11-5 (depending how the Saints play this year). i think we sweep Dallas and split with Washington and the Eagles to give us a 4-2 divison record.

miked1958
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM

accurate or skewed?</P>Not unrealistic thinking with our schedule for a forecaster to predict 9-7. That might be generous... We as Homer Giants fans see 12-4 or 13-3. But someone on the outside looking in will be more honest with their Assessment

Drez
06-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Clayton works for ESPN and voices his opinion through them. Since ESPN cannot technically voice its opinion...
That's because as a corporation, ESPN has no opinion (unless someone states explicitly that what they are saying is the opinion of the top brass), just the opinions of its employees. That is the opinion of one employee at ESPN, not of the entire network. What if another employee of ESPN, say Ashley Fox, says she believes the Giants will win 12 games, does that mean then that ESPN believes we will win 12 games or is it just Fox's opinion?

Drez
06-20-2012, 06:52 PM
ehh i mean its really a toss up. i have them looking at around 10-6 possibly even 11-5 (depending how the Saints play this year). i think we sweep Dallas and split with Washington and the Eagles to give us a 4-2 divison record.
This season has us with the reasonable expectations of anywhere between 6 and 13 wins, lol. I honestly wouldn't be any more surprised if we won 6 games as I would if we won 13. I actually think 10-6 (give or take 1 game) is where we'll finish.

Yankees807
06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
I actually enjoy when that 'schmiegel' Lord of the Rings clone Calyton makes predictions! Whenever he gives a free agent rumor update,prediction,or opinion he's always wrong. He's like the MUSH out of all the analysts! let that nerd keep yappin away... I like when people give the Giants no props anyways.

EliTE
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
funny story... i was watching espn one time at my grandma's house and clayton came on... she was like "he doesn't look like a sports guy" haha.

ru_gmen55
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
What's so crazy about predicting that a 9-7 team with another tough schedule and no significant improvements will go 9-7 again? I don't necessarily agree with it, but that doesn't make the prediction awful. I can see the winning 11, but I can also see them winning 8. Some of you guys on this board act like any pick against the Giants is a personal slight or something.

sharick88
06-20-2012, 08:00 PM

accurate or skewed?</P>

I feel like usually feel about BSPN's take on the giants. I simply don't give a ****. They say this kind of garbage every single year. I am used to it as I am used to breathing.

EliTE
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
What's so crazy about predicting that a 9-7 team with another tough schedule and no significant improvements will go 9-7 again? I don't necessarily agree with it, but that doesn't make the prediction awful. I can see the winning 11, but I can also see them winning 8. Some of you guys on this board act like any pick against the Giants is a personal slight or something.giants were 9-7 due to injuries and a couple fluke losses. if the team is healthy it is a significant improvement over last year. not to mention the draft picks as well as some veteran pick ups.

im not guaranteeing x amount of wins, but if the giants are healthy this upcoming season, or at least less injury plagued than last year, it is a significantly better team as we all saw the last 6 games of the season.

chasjay
06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Interestingly enough, Clayton picked the Eagles to win the East last year as well. Imagine that!! I hope his predictions are just as prescient this year.

bLuereverie
06-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Interestingly enough, Clayton picked the Eagles to win the East last year as well. Imagine that!! I hope his predictions are just as prescient this year.

He also changed his pick to the Redskins after week 3.

Either way, I don't think Clayton's prediction to be so farfetched. Obviously, I'd like the outcome to be a few games different in our favor, but it's not as bad as other's predicting a 13 game winner in the division.

O yea, btw, it's June.....

Morehead State
06-20-2012, 11:06 PM

accurate or skewed?</P>

</P>

Wait a minute.....Let me set my watch............................................</P>

</P>

........Mark!</P>

Another "ESPN doesn"t give us our props" thread.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-21-2012, 12:52 AM
It's a fair assessment, but I wouldn't read into it much. It's only June and nothing has been going on yet.

We don't know who steps up next year or not and neither do they

P_Simms_#11
06-21-2012, 01:06 AM
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/travis_bickle/128760817162036681.jpg

JJC7301
06-21-2012, 01:07 AM
With our tough schedule 9-7 is not out of this world at all, but I expect the Giants to do better than that.

Key is staying healthy.

Rat_bastich
06-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Since we have a fanatical devotion to deny anything ESPN says...it is a prediction after all...does anyone have the predictions of any other sports network?

Eli TO Shockey
06-21-2012, 02:56 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/03/500x_clayton1.jpg

i love his ponytail

Captain Chaos
06-21-2012, 05:39 AM

Didn't he also pick the G-men to finish 3rd in the division with an 8-8 record...the guy really has no clue!

Flip Empty
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM

Didn't he also pick the G-men to finish 3rd in the division with an 8-8 record...the guy really has no clue!
No-one has a clue. It's all just opinion.

GMENAGAIN
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
I am always amused by how crazy some posters get about these dumb predictions.

gumby742
06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
So I was watching Thomas the Train the other day, and the first thing that crossed my mindwas when Gordon said, "Ohhhhh. The indignity....."</P>

Carry on.</P>

Toadofsteel
06-21-2012, 09:58 AM
From the article:

More or less? From this far out, this just doesn't strike me as a Giants team that should win as many games as it won last year. For that reason, I say John's nine-win figure is a bit high. But I fully acknowledge the folly of picking against the Giants.

Sounds like respect to me...

AllTuckedUp
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
"Free agency ate at their depth, and the Giants will need to do some work to replace the production of important 2011 pieces such as Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs."

That is funny.

nygsb42champs
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
It could be accurate. With our schedule it is going to be very tought to go 11-5 or 12-4.

TrueBlue@NYC
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
"Free agency ate at their depth, and the Giants will need to do some work to replace the production of important 2011 pieces such as Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs." That is funny.</P>

Well Manningham certainly was an important piece, especially in the playoffs (and I'm not just talking about the SB catch), so until we see someone step up to be a consistent threat as a 3rd WR and potential starter from injuries, we still gotta prove there wont be a drop off. </P>

I personally think Wilson will be an instant upgrade over Jacobs. </P>

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 12:08 PM
This season has us with the reasonable expectations of anywhere between 6 and 13 wins, lol. I honestly wouldn't be any more surprised if we won 6 games as I would if we won 13. I actually think 10-6 (give or take 1 game) is where we'll finish.

i mean id be surprised and reallyyy pissed off if the Giants finished with 6 wins lol. Every year since Eli has been a starter (05 on) we have never had a losing record. our lowest win total was 8-8.

so i expect anywhere from 9-12 wins this year from this Giants team. anywhere from 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs to 12-4 and the 1 seed wouldnt surprise me

sharick88
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
My beef with these predictions is that they are forgetting one thing. WE JUST WON THE ****ING SUPER BOWL!!!!! Not since the Denver Broncos after John Elway retired has a defending Super Bowl Champion been so blatantly disrespected. I am used to the Giants being hated on in general, but a defending Super Bowl Champion? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

burier
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM

ESPN is a joke but I agree. Whats the deal with calling out an entire network over an individual's opinion peice????

Is Espn supposed to vet all analysts and writers to make sure they're Giants fans before hiring?

Also....We won 9 games last year and the schedule this year is on par with last season's sched so 9-7 isn't completely out of this world.

We better win 12 games this season though. The way the sched is set up we either have a dominate season or we'll struggle to 500 or worse.

burier
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
My beef with these predictions is that they are forgetting one thing. WE JUST WON THE ****ING SUPER BOWL!!!!! Not since the Denver Broncos after John Elway retired has a defending Super Bowl Champion been so blatantly disrespected. I am used to the Giants being hated on in general, but a defending Super Bowl Champion? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Actually the Pats got some pretty strong disrespect from everyone not named Madden after they won their first one.

Of course they failed to make the playoffs that season so...

sharick88
06-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Actually the Pats got some pretty strong disrespect from everyone not named Madden after they won their first one.

Of course they failed to make the playoffs that season so...
You're right. I remember everyone picking the Raiders to win it. That was still about a decade though. You still get my point though, right?

Drez
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM

But, was he even that far off? We were one game away from finishing 8-8 and third in the division, lol.

Drez
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM

i mean id be surprised and reallyyy pissed off if the Giants finished with 6 wins lol. Every year since Eli has been a starter (05 on) we have never had a losing record. our lowest win total was 8-8.

so i expect anywhere from 9-12 wins this year from this Giants team. anywhere from 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs to 12-4 and the 1 seed wouldnt surprise me
I was exaggerating a little on the low end, but even still, with the schedule we have this season if we catch the injury bug again, 6 wins might be a possibility.

Either way, my main point was we have a wide margin of possible win-loss records coming into this season.

JesseJames
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
why are people surprised by anything ESPN says since they are owned by Disney who is famous for cartoon characters..and doesn't John Clayton kind of look like a cartoon character..

chasjay
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM

But, was he even that far off? We were one game away from finishing 8-8 and third in the division, lol.

No he wasn't far off. And if we can pull it off again this year, it will probably be another close one. If we had finished 8-8 last year many of us (me included) wouldn't be as ****y as we are now.