PDA

View Full Version : Classy move by BJ.

thomsoad
06-21-2012, 08:49 AM
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/06/jacobs-repays-six-year-old-giants-fan-with-interest.html

Gimaniac
06-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Nice. I wish you the best BJ, except of course when we play you.

Joe Morrison
06-21-2012, 08:55 AM
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/06/jacobs-repays-six-year-old-giants-fan-with-interest.html</P>

Just another reason why the Front Office should have kept the Big Man!</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
06-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm going to miss BJ

GameTime
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm going to miss BJ
</P>

sounds like a personal issue....</P>

[:P]</P>

nygsb42champs
06-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Great move by BJ.

SweetZombieJesus
06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm going to miss BJ

So, how long have you been married?

hungrrrry
06-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not surprised Jacobs did this for the kid. I, as a Giants fan, have no ill will toward Jacobs as a person, not even as a player. I just didn't think he had the dynamics we needed on this team...he just doesn't...anymore! Good luck with the 49ers Brandon!

However, it was very cool of him to take the time out to do this for a child that is likely a Giants fan. He didn't allow his release to give him the excuse to blow this off. He was professional about it and went over the top to show the kid his appreciation and honestly I think Jacobs was always willing to be that kind of guy. I think the media made him out to be more of a jerk than he was.

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 10:59 AM
just read this article before i came here and its so great. such a great thing to do for the little kid. he will remember this forever.

Jacobs is still and will always be a Giant at heart

Flip Empty
06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm not surprised Jacobs did this for the kid. I, as a Giants fan, have no ill will toward Jacobs as a person, not even as a player. I just didn't think he had the dynamics we needed on this team...he just doesn't...anymore! Good luck with the 49ers Brandon!

However, it was very cool of him to take the time out to do this for a child that is likely a Giants fan. He didn't allow his release to give him the excuse to blow this off. He was professional about it and went over the top to show the kid his appreciation and honestly I think Jacobs was always willing to be that kind of guy. I think the media made him out to be more of a jerk than he was.
Just watching him in the pre-game,sideline and off-field stuff was enough to see who he was. Seeing him tell Eli he's a beast or wiping Bradshaw's face after he scored a TD was pretty cool.

Gonna miss Jacobs, but yeah, I do think that Wilson is a better fit for where this offense wants to go.

Toadofsteel
06-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants give Jacobs a ceremonial deal at the end of his career so he can retire a Giant. It's nice to know that BJ still has that Giants spirit. Best wishes for you, except against us of course...

greenca190
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm going to miss BJ

HAAA

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants give Jacobs a ceremonial deal at the end of his career so he can retire a Giant. It's nice to know that BJ still has that Giants spirit. Best wishes for you, except against us of course...
yeah that wouldnt surprise me either if we were to sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Giant.

Redeyejedi
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants give Jacobs a ceremonial deal at the end of his career so he can retire a Giant. It's nice to know that BJ still has that Giants spirit. Best wishes for you, except against us of course... yeah that wouldnt surprise me either if we were to sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Giant.Im sure that happens. Dont be surprised if he ends up a Giant this year. He isnt a lock to make the 49ers roster and he is making virtually no guaranteed money

GMENAGAIN
06-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Cool story . . . .

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants give Jacobs a ceremonial deal at the end of his career so he can retire a Giant. It's nice to know that BJ still has that Giants spirit. Best wishes for you, except against us of course... yeah that wouldnt surprise me either if we were to sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a Giant.Im sure that happens. Dont be surprised if he ends up a Giant this year. He isnt a lock to make the 49ers roster and he is making virtually no guaranteed money
if he got cut by the 49ers and he was willing to come back to NY for the vet min id welcome him back with open arms.

how dirty could that be Bradshaw, Wilson, and Jacobs as our 3 back rotation. everyone would have fresh legs. bring in the bruiser Jacobs in the 4th after Bradshaw and Wilson have wore them down. whoooo sounds like a recipe for success

FBomb
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Nice....BJ is nothing if not all heart....that's for sure. </P>

</P>

Toadofsteel
06-21-2012, 12:17 PM

Well he was offered a contract, so you know that JR still saw value in him, just not as much as SF's front office did. He could very well be Blackburn 2012...

It's also nice to see that more and more the Giants that were first drafted into TC's teams retain that Giants spirit better. Shockey Tiki and Plax were all divas. But Jacobs is obviously still a Giant-at-heart, and I wouldn't be surprised at Manningham or Ballard being so as well.

steve12smith
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM

Well he was offered a contract, so you know that JR still saw value in him, just not as much as SF's front office did. He could very well be Blackburn 2012...

It's also nice to see that more and more the Giants that were first drafted into TC's teams retain that Giants spirit better. Shockey Tiki and Plax were all divas. But Jacobs is obviously still a Giant-at-heart, and I wouldn't be surprised at Manningham or Ballard being so as well.
i forgot where exactly i read it but i was reading an interview with Ramses Barden and he was saying how all of the Giants WRs are all so tight and are such good friends that they eat together every day and hang out all the time and they still call and talk to Mario Manningham every day because even if he's in SF now he's still their brother and a Giant to them.

i love our team lol

RoanokeFan
06-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm going to miss BJ
</p>

sounds like a personal issue....</p>

[:P]</p>

Bromances count lol

GameTime
06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm going to miss BJ
</P>

sounds like a personal issue....</P>

[:P]</P>

Bromances count lol
</P>

[:O]</P>

[+o(]</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm going to miss BJ
</p>

sounds like a personal issue....</p>

[:P]</p>

Bromances count lol
</p>

[:O]</p>

[+o(]</p>

</p>

I hear there's a lot of that in section J20 [:#]

GIANTSACK
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm going to miss BJ

Hahahhaha what a ****.... Sadly I understand

RoanokeFan
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm going to miss BJ

Hahahhaha what a ****.... Sadly I understand

Perhaps we should add BJ to the profanity filter

Bohemian
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Great stories... all the more proving that BJ truly knows how to reach deep and connect with his fans.

nycisgreat
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM
This is in BJ's nature. The guy is a good guy, but he is just misunderstood.

Excellent job by BJ. At 6 yrs old, the kid will never forget that moment.

ashleymarie
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Great article and God Bless Jacobs. My grandparents were die hard Giants' fans. One season they set their goal to shake every players hand. They fell short by a wee bit but my father, who was a gawky teenager at the time, remembered that season as one of the best years of his life. Some of the players would recognize them sitting in the stands or walking on the field and would wave or say "hi". That was a heady experience for my dad. Giants were good guys even back then. Best of luck to you Brandon.

chizz
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
i hope he gets a standing ovation next time hes in giants stadium

nihan87
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I would have sent him the money in my bank if I could show him that I still believed in him. I think the media just wore him down here. I hope he has a great rest a career and does retire a Big Man in Blue. </P>

</P>

Great read. </P>

miked1958
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm going to miss BJ

I will miss him to....

miked1958
06-21-2012, 03:49 PM
However. Long term I think the young guys we have on roster will work out better

Antwuan
06-24-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm going to miss BJ

Lol!

Thats Funny.

ShockeyShow
06-24-2012, 03:41 AM
I'm going to miss BJ

He will be missed, but Eli and the receivers evolved into a deadly force last year...it's time for the running game to get back to that as well. May be the O-Line, but im not going to pin it to that until I see how effective the AB/Wilson tandem can be behind the same line.

Captain Chaos
06-24-2012, 06:37 AM
+1

Diamondring
06-24-2012, 06:48 AM
BJ is a smart man and don't let that tip toe thing fool you. When he started doing that, he improved his skills. Can't be a contact back all of the time especialy at his height. BJ did a real good thing and I am glad he was a Giant.

Toadofsteel
06-24-2012, 08:24 AM
BJ is a smart man and don't let that tip toe thing fool you. When he started doing that, he improved his skills. Can't be a contact back all of the time especialy at his height. BJ did a real good thing and I am glad he was a Giant.

What I miss most about Jacobs is his pass protection to be quite honest. A linebacker stood no chance against BJ; he'd just maul whoever tried to get to Eli...

GCGiant
06-24-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not gonna lie...I am really gonna miss BJ. It won't be so much because of the loss of his running ability but more the attitude that he brings to the field and the ability to spread that attitude amongst his teammates and the fans. That will be missed, IMO.

Roswell777
06-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Jacobs is one of my all time favorite Giants. And as the years go on, his popularity will grow. I always felt he was misunderstood when he would want his number called. I always thought it was about his desire to contribute. Not about being the star.

He was an all time great Giant.

MikeIsaGiant
06-24-2012, 12:38 PM
It's a very nice story

+1

radar-ray
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not gonna lie...I am really gonna miss BJ. It won't be so much because of the loss of his running ability but more the attitude that he brings to the field and the ability to spread that attitude amongst his teammates and the fans. That will be missed, IMO.This. That attitude factor was huge!

Jobarulz
06-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm glad to hear this story. BJ did show some class here. However, that doesn't mean the we should have kept BJ chatter should start. Perhaps if he picked up a yard on 3rd and 1 once in a while he'd still be here.

Diamondring
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM

What I miss most about Jacobs is his pass protection to be quite honest. A linebacker stood no chance against BJ; he'd just maul whoever tried to get to Eli...Remember one year he caught some passes? I remember when he caught a pass on Dallas and took it to the house. The Girls couldn't even get close to him.