PDA

View Full Version : Tiki and coughlin High and tight copied

Harooni
06-21-2012, 05:39 PM
I would like wilson to be taught the same tech.

<a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/legarrette-blount-emulates-tiki-barber-this-spring/">LINK
</a>

NYG 5
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
no fumbles are good, but i'd be happy if he just had tiki's ability to tightly grasp incoming balls. the receiving threat out of the backfield has been missed for years.

Harooni
06-22-2012, 12:49 AM
no fumbles are good, but i'd be happy if he just had tiki's ability to tightly grasp incoming balls. the receiving threat out of the backfield has been missed for years.

lol, did you do that on purpose?

VegasGmen
06-22-2012, 01:38 AM

lol, did you do that on purpose?
</P>

lol bazinga!</P>

miked1958
06-22-2012, 02:07 AM
True.. I always said they should of used AB more on that. When they have gone to him on those screens they have had some huge gains. Also I've seen where AB is wide open for the dump down that would pick up 10-15 yards easy and move the chains but they instead go for a longer lower % pass that falls incomplete

miked1958
06-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Here's hoping with Wilson, Scott and even Henry they can get back to doing that more often

Harooni
06-22-2012, 05:32 AM
fans don't seen to realize how incredible 5,000 yards rec from a Tail back is.

MattMeyerBud
06-22-2012, 12:23 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

it really depends on the offense.</P>

</P>

if Tiki played for Martz for 10 years and only had 5k, then it would be mediocre numbers</P>

Mercury
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Bradshaw and Jernigan should use this method too. You can see Bradshaw getting looser and looser with the ball when he hasn't fumbled for a while. He needs to continually focus on protecting possession and less on fighting for an extra yard.

Morehead State
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

if Tiki played for Martz for 10 years and only had 5k, then it would be mediocre numbers</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

ashleymarie
06-22-2012, 01:13 PM
If Tiki had a do-over I wonder if he would have played football a few more years.

MattMeyerBud
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
If Tiki had a do-over I wonder if he would have played football a few more years.</P>

</P>

i think its safe to say he would have since he tried to come back last year</P>

</P>

especially since he wouldn't of ended up banging some interns and having his now ex wife take him to the house</P>

MattMeyerBud
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

Tiki was a ******, but he was a really good football player. Took us on his back for a number of years. I just think that the over hype of what kind of receiver he was has more to do with the style of the offense and the QB situation</P>

Morehead State
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

Tiki was a ******, but he was a really good football player. Took us on his back for a number of years. I just think that the over hype of what kind of receiver he was has more to do with the style of the offense and the QB situation</P>

</P>

We threw to Tiki because he was a great pass catcher and runner after the catch. If we continued to do the same thing after he retired, you would have a leg to stand on. But as usual, nothing but a couple of stumps.</P>

BeatYale
06-22-2012, 01:39 PM

+1

This is something our offense has been lacking over the years.

MattMeyerBud
06-22-2012, 01:48 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

We threw to Tiki because he was a great pass catcher and runner after the catch. If we continued to do the same thing after he retired, you would have a leg to stand on. But as usual, nothing but a couple of stumps.</P>

</P>

</P>

i think once coughlin came in it was more of having a young inexperience QB. As the years went on with Eli, Tiki's numbers declined.</P>

</P>

Also Fassell's offense was designed to have the RB catch the ball. Not to the degree of Marts but same idea.</P>

Morehead State
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

i think once coughlin came in it was more of having a young inexperience QB. As the years went on with Eli, Tiki's numbers declined.</P>

</P>

Also Fassell's offense was designed to have the RB catch the ball. Not to the degree of Marts but same idea.</P>

</P>

Really?</P>

Tiki averaged 518 yards per season in receiving yards and 524 in the three seasons with Eli.</P>

No Matt, Tiki was a great talent as a pass catching RB. We haven't had anything close to that since.</P>

MattMeyerBud
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Really?</P>

Tiki averaged 518 yards per season in receiving yards and 524 in the three seasons with Eli.</P>

No Matt, Tiki was a great talent as a pass catching RB. We haven't had anything close to that since.</P>

</P>

</P>

check the 4 previous years receiving and try not to include his rookie year and second year when he had a VERY limited role. Nice try old man</P>

what time are the yankees on tonight?</P>

Morehead State
06-22-2012, 02:58 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Really?</P>

</P>

</P>

check the 4 previous years receiving and try not to include his rookie year and second year when he had a VERY limited role. Nice try old man</P>

what time are the yankees on tonight?</P>

</P>

Maybe you can explain the last time a RB had anything close to what Tiki had in receiving yards.</P>

You are the "Skip Bayless" of the Giants MB. The guyis in the top 10 all time for RB receiving yards.</P>

GMENAGAIN
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
+1 This is something our offense has been lacking over the years.</P>

Hysterical sig pic . . . . . </P>

NYG 5
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Tiki's receptions went down when Fassel's finesse offense was replaced with TC's power running vision. In 2004 they would still actually split him out as a receiver on occasion. But in later years that all went away, which is too bad because those screens used to be a great deterrent to the Eagles lining up and teeing off on the offense all the time.

Anyways, to put it in perspective, Tiki's numbers are very similiar to Marshall Faulk's. He just was never the pure tackle breaker that Faulk was

jomo
06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
A receiver who can catch the ball and make people miss in the open field.............. It's hard for me to remember that far back but Tiki is certainly the last really good one we've had. Since then it has been average or worse. I believe Wilson can really be that guy.

NYG 5
06-22-2012, 08:00 PM
A receiver who can catch the ball and make people miss in the open field.............. It's hard for me to remember that far back but Tiki is certainly the last really good one we've had. Since then it has been average or worse. I believe Wilson can really be that guy.

actually, Derrick Ward was pretty damn good at it.

Harooni
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Faulk couldn't hold Tiki's jock. other than breaking tackles, Tiki was way better.

and yes I believe Wilson could be that next guy for us.

yoeddy
06-22-2012, 08:44 PM
fans don't seen to realize how incredible 5,000 yards rec from a Tail back is.*

</P>

*</P>

eh...</P>

*</P>

*</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

We threw to Tiki because he was a great pass catcher and runner after the catch.* If we continued to do the same thing after he retired, you would have a leg to stand on.* But as usual, nothing but a couple of stumps.</P>

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

</P>

Really?</P>

No Matt,* Tiki was a great talent as a pass catching RB.* We haven't had anything close to that since.</P>

Tiki's receptions per season went from about 70 with Fassel to about 55 with Coughlin...yards per reception with Coughlin went up significantly....

yoeddy
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Faulk couldn't hold Tiki's jock.* other than breaking tackles, Tiki was way better.

and yes I believe Wilson could be that next guy for us.

Tiki was a great player, but to say Faulk couldn't hold his jock is wrong...

Morehead State
06-22-2012, 09:51 PM

</P>

</P>

eh...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

But he didn't.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Really?</P>

Tiki's receptions per season went from about 70 with Fassel to about 55 with Coughlin...yards per reception with Coughlin went up significantly....</P>

But the point is that Tiki was a great pass receiver out of the backfield and it wasn't just the system. You don't get 5000 yards plus in receiving yards in 10 years unless your great at it.</P>

In other words....Matt is wrong. (I have to say that so often)</P>

NYG 5
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM

</p>

</p>

eh...</p>

</p>

it really depends on the offense.</p>

</p>

if Tiki played for Martz for 10 years and only had 5k, then it would be mediocre numbers</p>

</p>

But he didn't.</p>

</p>

</p>

Tiki was a ******, but he was a really good football player. Took us on his back for a number of years. I just think that the over hype of what kind of receiver he was has more to do with the style of the offense and the QB situation</p>

</p>

We threw to Tiki because he was a great pass catcher and runner after the catch. If we continued to do the same thing after he retired, you would have a leg to stand on. But as usual, nothing but a couple of stumps.</p>

</p>

</p>

i think once coughlin came in it was more of having a young inexperience QB. As the years went on with Eli, Tiki's numbers declined.</p>

</p>

Also Fassell's offense was designed to have the RB catch the ball. Not to the degree of Marts but same idea.</p>

</p>

Really?</p>

Tiki averaged 518 yards per season in receiving yards and 524 in the three seasons with Eli.</p>

No Matt, Tiki was a great talent as a pass catching RB. We haven't had anything close to that since.</p>

Tiki's receptions per season went from about 70 with Fassel to about 55 with Coughlin...yards per reception with Coughlin went up significantly....</p>

But the point is that Tiki was a great pass receiver out of the backfield and it wasn't just the system. You don't get 5000 yards plus in receiving yards in 10 years unless your great at it.</p>

In other words....Matt is wrong. (I have to say that so often)</p>

when Tiki came out of the backfield on a post route and held onto the ball after being belted by the safety right after the catch, to convert a 3rd and long against SF in the playoffs, that showed you how great of a receiver he was.

JJC7301
06-24-2012, 12:15 AM
I would like wilson to be taught the same tech.

<a href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/legarrette-blount-emulates-tiki-barber-this-spring/">LINK
</a>
EVERY offensive player should be taught high and tight. It should be second nature and I don't understand why it's not mandatory for offensive skill players to be walking all over camp with a football high & tight in their arms.