PDA

View Full Version : How does the Lebron hate compare to the Eli hate....

Eli TO Shockey
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
After proving all the critics wrong with his performance in the playoffs/finals which included a triple double performance to close out the thunder, there are still many who dislike/hate lebron and are finding every possible excuse to put the FLUKE title on this impressive championship run. I cant help but compare this situation to that of Elis. Eli has won 2 championships and still has many doubters. Granted, Eli isnt as big in the spotlight, nor did he do a 1 hr special to switch teams. The situations are a bit different, but the doubters still exist, and always will.

Now, compare these 2 to players like Shaquille Oneal, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees. I dont remember anyone doubting their skillset after winning championships.

Are the "haters" just trying to be different from the rest of the writers? The best comparison I have to this is Colin Cowherd vs. Skip Bayliss.

Skip hates on both Eli and Lebron. while Colin gives much respect....

Ok, i've reached the cutoff point to where readers on this board stop reading..lol

just curious to what you guys think

ShakeNBake
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
After proving all the critics wrong with his performance in the playoffs/finals which included a triple double performance to close out the thunder, there are still many who dislike/hate lebron and are finding every possible excuse to put the FLUKE title on this impressive championship run. I cant help but compare this situation to that of Elis. Eli has won 2 championships and still has many doubters. Granted, Eli isnt as big in the spotlight, nor did he do a 1 hr special to switch teams. The situations are a bit different, but the doubters still exist, and always will.

Now, compare these 2 to players like Shaquille Oneal, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees. I dont remember anyone doubting their skillset after winning championships.

Are the "haters" just trying to be different from the rest of the writers? The best comparison I have to this is Colin Cowherd vs. Skip Bayliss.

Ok, i've reached the cutoff point to where readers on this board stop reading..lol

I think that we have enough of these types of threads on these boards as it is. Continuing this debate is just beating a dead horse.

Eli TO Shockey
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM

I think that we have enough of these types of threads on these boards as it is. Continuing this debate is just beating a dead horse.

so there are many other threads comparing eli and lebron james?

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM

The difference is Eli is a quiet guy who needed to prove himself. Lebron had proved himself, he's just an arrogant scumbag POS who doesn't deserve the talent he was born with based on attitude alone. Lebron is just a huge jerk and a terrible person. Eli was a quiet guy that everyone in the media and some on this board thought had no talent. People hate Lebron because he is a scumbag. People didn't really hate Eli, they just laughed at him.

gumby742
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
After his performance last year and his 2nd SB, i haven't seen a single article or piece of media that hasn't given Eli his due.

chasjay
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM

<font color="#FF0000">THERE YOU GO - implying that Eli is horse-faced!! Or did you mean hung like a........Where's Harooni when you need him?</font>

With that nonsense out of the way, I agree that the subject has been talked to death...and like Lazarus, it will rise again.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
They are so different. James is a ******bag

GOBIGBLUE52
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM

The difference is Eli is a quiet guy who needed to prove himself. Lebron had proved himself, he's just an arrogant scumbag POS who doesn't deserve the talent he was born with based on attitude alone. Lebron is just a huge jerk and a terrible person. Eli was a quiet guy that everyone in the media and some on this board thought had no talent. People hate Lebron because he is a scumbag. People didn't really hate Eli, they just laughed at him.

But really, is LeBron THAT terrible of a person?

When I think of terrible people, I think of Jerry Sandusky, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, etc. Lebron's not the nicest guy but I don't consider him a scumbag.

The only thing Lebron ever really did "wrong" was the whole decision thing on ESPN. And ESPN probably pushed that a lot.

FBomb
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Haters are gonna hate, no matter what.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 02:11 PM

When I think of terrible people, I think of Jerry Sandusky, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, etc.

The only thing Lebron ever really did "wrong" was the whole decision thing on ESPN. And ESPN probably pushed that a lot.

Take away basketball and he's just another crip in Akron, Ohio.
He is a scumbag.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 02:12 PM

When I think of terrible people, I think of Jerry Sandusky, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, etc.

He is a scumbag.

You better watch, people on this board will call for racism, seriously

;)

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Haters are gonna hate, no matter what.
Exactly. I'm an admitted Lebron hater. I will always hate him. **** him.

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 02:16 PM

He is a scumbag.

;)

What's racist about the evaluation? A big minority of African Americans in Akron Ohio are in gangs. I think there was a statistic recently that said 40% of school aged African Americans in Ohio will join a gang in the next 10 years or are already in a gang. That's just statistics. Unbiased, undebatable statistics. I don't hate Lebron because he's black. I hate him because he's a scumbag.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM

He is a scumbag.

;)

What's racist about the evaluation? A big minority of African Americans in Akron Ohio are in gangs. I think there was a statistic recently that said 40% of school aged African Americans in Ohio will join a gang or are already in a gang. That's just statistics. Unbiased, undebatable statistics. I don't hate Lebron because he's black. I hate him because he's a scumbag.\

If you thought I was calling you a racist, you misunderstood.

IIRC (If i remember correctly), people were calling out how dumb manningham was and then other posters were calling him a racist just because he said he dumb.

Just saying, it happens here

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM

He is a scumbag.

;)

What's racist about the evaluation? A big minority of African Americans in Akron Ohio are in gangs. I think there was a statistic recently that said 40% of school aged African Americans in Ohio will join a gang or are already in a gang. That's just statistics. Unbiased, undebatable statistics. I don't hate Lebron because he's black. I hate him because he's a scumbag.\

If you thought I was calling you a racist, you misunderstood.

IIRC (If i remember correctly), people were calling out how dumb manningham was and then other posters were calling him a racist just because he said he dumb.

Just saying, it happens here

Then I would consider the posters calling him racist to be racist. Blacks who hate whites are just as bad as whites that hate blacks. Personally, I think every ethnicity (including my own) is a pain in the butt.
I'm just a dude who wants to chill, watch sports, and go to work, and tend to my pets and travels. I could care less if my neighbor was black or a nazi. I just want to be left out of the politics/ethnicitiy/politically correct argument because I'm far from politically correct.

FBomb
06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
This thread has taken an ugly turn.

buffyblue
06-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I can’t stand Miami Heat but what LBJ did this postseason was nothing short of spectacualr. The guy is a phenomenal basketball player and when all is said and done I think he will be remembered as one of the all time greats.

I thought the “event” proclaiming the team he was going to was ridiculous but he did get millions for the event and it all went to charity so it did wind up doing good.

LBJ is not a bad guy. He is just an arrogant schmuck like Aaron Rodgers.

When I think of bad people that are famous athletes, I think of Ray Carruth, Mike Vick, Dave Meggett. Those are bad people. LBJ is not one of those people.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Kobe will always be better than Lebron when all is said and done

ShakeNBake
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM

You aren't comparing Eli and LeBron, you are comparing the hate people have for them. You must have been in hibernation or a coma to have missed the plethora of "OMG ELI GETS NO RESPECT" threads. <font color="#FF0000">But I am sure this thread will consist of insightful thoughts and will be constructive as well!</font>

THE_New_York_Giants
06-22-2012, 02:32 PM

You aren't comparing Eli and LeBron, you are comparing the hate people have for them. You must have been in hibernation or a coma to have missed the plethora of "OMG ELI GETS NO RESPECT" threads. <font color="#FF0000">But I am sure this thread will consist of insightful thoughts and will be constructive as well!</font>

This thread is about as constructive as trying to teach Hellen Keller what the color purple looks like would be.

VegasGmen
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
LeBron annointed himself the King before he won anything whereas Eli was humble before and after. With that said LeBron played great in the finals and earned himself a ring.

pino
06-22-2012, 03:03 PM
It's not that Lebron is a terrible person. I just hate the Heat.

Oh well....

CGYgiant
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM

The Lakers are better then the Heat, Historically. Kobe is not a better play then Lebron, the numbers speak for themselves, they'll both be all time greats, but statistically speaking, Lebron might go down as one of the best players ever.

And statistically, hes a better basketball player then Eli is a QB, he has also faced a lot more criticism IMO.

Drez
06-22-2012, 03:16 PM

When I think of terrible people, I think of Jerry Sandusky, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, etc. Lebron's not the nicest guy but I don't consider him a scumbag.

And the real tragedy of that show was that he raised several million dollars for charity. What a scuz bucket!

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 03:20 PM

The Lakers are better then the Heat, Historically. Kobe is not a better play then Lebron, the numbers speak for themselves, they'll both be all time greats, but statistically speaking, Lebron might go down as one of the best players ever.

And statistically, hes a better basketball player then Eli is a QB, he has also faced a lot more criticism IMO.*

I disagree on all notions, so let's just agree to disagree

Mohann
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM

I thought the thread would be like that, but it really hasn't. Very little Eli gets no respect. Still I don't see any good coming from this thread, especially after all the racists took over it.

Toadofsteel
Lebron has more in common with Shockey than he does with Eli...

THE_New_York_Giants

I thought the thread would be like that, but it really hasn't. Very little Eli gets no respect. Still I don't see any good coming from this thread, especially after all the racists took over it.

haven't seen a single racist post.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM

haven't seen a single racist post.

It was just mentioned that people mention racism when it comes to this ****.

People can't read on this forum

Mohann
06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
I should have used the sarcasm tag when I said the racists took the thread over.

MikeIsaGiant
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I should have used the sarcasm tag when I said the racists took the thread over.

Good idea

GmenFan1980
06-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Being successful in life and in your career will generate haters. nothing more then that.

Die-Hard
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Sorry guys, but the possibility of this thing getting completely out of hand is too much. Lebron isn't a Giant, and talk of racism(intentional or not) will never be welcomed on these forums at any time.