PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning 2012 NFL MVP?

Antwuan
06-22-2012, 09:13 PM
What Do You Think?

TheBookOfEli
06-22-2012, 09:19 PM
If he passes for over 4,000 yards again, has a good TD to INT ratio, and leads his team to a top 2 seed, then Yes!

Redeyejedi
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
never would happen.He would have to completely destroy the field to have any chance.

Mohann
06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Why not, his numbers are as good as anyone else's this year.

GmenFan1980
06-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Why not, his numbers are as good as anyone else's this year.

this is 100% true, every Quarterback has 0 yards so far this season, so every quarterback is in the MVP race so far lol

miken609
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't want an NFL MVP for Eli. NFL MVP is not his specialty ;]

chasjay
06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
All I want for Eli, or any other Giant, is another ring.

FBomb
06-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Why must you people keep antagonizing Morehead? He isn't well.[;)]

jax5338
06-22-2012, 11:23 PM
obviously the team success and another title is first and foremost. the team wins and number's will have to be there, but i think now he has a better chance then ever after all that happened last year with the whole michael kay " elite qb" thing and then eli leading the gmen to another superbowl. people give eli a lot more props now, so i think he could definitely have a shot if the gmen can roll again.

Drez
06-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Why must you people keep antagonizing Morehead? He isn't well.[;)]
LMAO!

Drez
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
He would have to have better stats than this past year AND we'd have to finish the season at 13-3 or better for their to be an even remote chance of it happening. And even then, it probably won't.

MikeIsaGiant
06-23-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't think so.

Eli Manning is a good QB but there are other QBs that always end up putting better numbers than he does.

Pllus, I believe our running game will be more established this season than it was last year, probably leading to less production by Eli.

Don't be ashamed. I rather have Lombardis

Rat_bastich
06-23-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't think so either. I think this year Eli will have a better running game which will bring his numbers down a bit...which is good since it means a balance has been reached.

greenca190
06-23-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't think so either. I think this year Eli will have a better running game which will bring his numbers down a bit...which is good since it means a balance has been reached.

is that good? we won a super bowl last year.

miked1958
06-23-2012, 01:30 AM
He would have to have better stats than this past year AND we'd have to finish the season at 13-3 or better for their to be an even remote chance of it happening. And even then, it probably won't.
He was like 67 yards shy of 5000. I think he can top that this season with all of the toys he has to play with this season..... AB, Wilson, Scott, Henry, Nicks,Cruz, Randall, Hixon, barden, JJ, Bennett, Robinson, Hopkins, etc... It all adds up to 5500 yards with 50 Tds and 13 INTs.....

miked1958
06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
By the way he kids Nicks about that drop of a sure TD late in season ( maybe vs Jets, not for certain) of a 70 yard bomb.. That would have tipped the scales for Eli to hit 5k

Rat_bastich
06-23-2012, 04:06 AM

is that good? we won a super bowl last year.

It is very good. If Eli is not throwing as much it means our running game is working. He will definitely take a hit on his numbers. Throughout the season we relied on Eli and his arm. We couldn't run the ball. This year defenses will not allow this to happen. Last year it seemed awhile before defenses caught on, hence the otherworldly numbers that many quarterbacks were putting up.

I think this year, even pure passing teams will have their numbers drop. If they cannot run the ball then they are in trouble. It is a live by the sword, die by the sword scenario.

buffyblue
06-23-2012, 04:20 AM
By the way he kids Nicks about that drop of a sure TD late in season ( maybe vs Jets, not for certain) of a 70 yard bomb.. That would have tipped the scales for Eli to hit 5k

I think it was against Washington Redskins.

I bELIeve.

BeatYale
06-23-2012, 01:02 PM
If he puts up an MVP worthy TD-Int ratio, sure. However, that's hard to imagine because thus far in his career a +13 differential is the best he's been able to put up....even during his 'elite' season.

IMO his bad habits are still there. If you watch the 49er playoff game again you'll notice those forced throws into coverage in which 49er DB's collide into each other saving him from a boneheaded interception which would have probably sent the 49ers to the Super Bowl. At this point I've just learned to accept the fact that he's got some Favre in him.

That stat line is the culprit for him not being taken seriously around the league over the years. It's the truth. I'm sorry Eli's blind fanatics, I know this post deeply angers you. Get over it. Hope for a better TD-Int ratio this season. I know I am.

Now to lighten things up for you guys. I don't want you raging too hard. I know you guys like to deflect blame. Part of the issue might be our offense. It's too vertical, we don't run those short gimmick screen plays or other 'dunk' variety pass plays to give Eli some safer throws. All the 'elite' QB's do it, why can't we?

I'm gone for the weekend. Later fellas.

Toadofsteel
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
If we returned to a phenominal run game it would force defenses to put 10 men in the box, meaning that a long bomb would be more likely to be completed. Not to mention how play action would actually work for our team once again... Eli put up damn near 5000 yards in spite of our poor run game, not because of it.

Diamondring
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
If he passes for over 4,000 yards again, has a good TD to INT ratio, and leads his team to a top 2 seed, then Yes!This.

chasjay
06-23-2012, 05:43 PM
If he passes for over 4,000 yards again, has a good TD to INT ratio, and leads his team to a top 2 seed, then Yes!This.

"leads his team to a top 2 seed"

leads his team is okay - but there will be no carrying

JK, everybody...........really!!

Delicreep
06-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Certainly possible that he could be MVP, I certainly hope that the Gmen re-establish a top notch run game that would make Eli not need to throw anywhere near the amount that would get him MVP consideration.

Harooni
06-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Kurt Warner was correct that Eli will need a league MVP to be considered for HOF.

lets see if he can do it, I can't see him out gunning rodgers brees peyton and some others, but he has proven us critics wrong before.

nygfanmaybe
06-24-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry Eli's blind fanatics, I know this post deeply angers you. Get over it.

I know the fact that he has lead the Giants to 2 SB wins in 8 seasons and 2 SB MVP's and proving you and so many others wrong on so many occasions along the way deeply angers you...get over it.

chasjay
06-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Kurt Warner was correct that Eli will need a league MVP to be considered for HOF.

lets see if he can do it, I can't see him out gunning rodgers brees peyton and some others, but he has proven us critics wrong before.

There is nothing historical that backs up the opinion of Kurt's that you say you agree with. In fact, historical references would indicate that you and Kurt are probably wrong. Just to cover a few - Warren Moon never had an MVP or sniffed a SB - Fouts had one MVP but never made it to the SB - Kelly had no MVP (except USFL) and lost the 4 SB's he made it to - Tarkenton had one MVP season but lost his 3 shots at the SB. On balance, I'd say Kurt's projection was plucked from the dark spot - I'm not saying it won't prove to be true - I'm just sayin' that I see no basis for it.

Drez
06-24-2012, 10:43 AM

I don't think that's the case at all. Having won 2 SBs as underdogs (and one of them against an 18-0 team) trumps the need for a league MVP award. It certainly would cement it, but I don't believe it's necessary.

Drez
06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
If you watch the 49er playoff game again you'll notice those forced throws into coverage in which 49er DB's collide into each other saving him from a boneheaded interception which would have probably sent the 49ers to the Super Bowl. At this point I've just learned to accept the fact that he's got some Favre in him.

Considering the pressure Eli was under in that game, the fact that there were only 2 passes like that is remarkable. Nor would passes like that be unique to Eli under those conditions. Half the reason you want to pressure QB is to force those types of throws.

nygfanmaybe
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM

I don't think that's the case at all. Having won 2 SBs as underdogs (and one of them against an 18-0 team) trumps the need for a league MVP award. It certainly would cement it, but I don't believe it's necessary.

Well...Harooni knows that Eli would have to do something really stupid...like take advantage of a young girl in a restaurant bathroom or something like that to blow it. I mean...he knows Eli is already a lock...he just likes to stir the pot.

Drez
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM

Well...Harooni knows that Eli would have to do something really stupid...like take advantage of a young girl in a restaurant bathroom or something like that to blow it. I mean...he knows Eli is already a lock...he just likes to stir the pot.
Unless the HoF voters change their policy, that won't be enough to keep Ben out, either. And, seeing as I feel that 2 SB wins is enough for Eli to get in, it should be enough for Ben to get in, too. Pretty much, the way I see it is all either of them have to do is not suck for the rest of their careers and they're in. As it stands now, Plunkett stands as the sole HoF eligible QB with multiple SB wins isn't in the HoF. Let's not turn this into a Ben/Eli thread, though. I just wanted to put down any sense of favoritism before it got started.

FBomb
06-24-2012, 11:04 AM

</P>

That's laughable. He's on the cusp now as it is. 1 more SB MVP and it's a lock. No question.</P>

Mohann
06-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Eli does not need a league MVP to get into the HoF. There are many in the HoF without MVP's.