PDA

View Full Version : Funniest things you've heard people say about/regarding the giants

GOBIGBLUE52
06-24-2012, 06:53 PM
---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again), the power rankings on PFT that week under the Giants entry said "She's a good girl, loves her momma, loves Jesus, and America too...." - lyrics to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty.

It wasn't funny at the time, but in hindsight it is absolutely hysterical IMO.

---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.

Rudyy
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
THE ATLANTA FALCONS AREN'T A TRUE PLAYOFF CONTENDER. THE PACKERS BEAT THEMSELVES. KYLE WILLIAMS LOST FOR THE 49er's. THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE SUCKS. All reasons why we won the Super Bowl.

ashleymarie
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Last Christmas I heard a man say the Giants were "bubbling pi** in a hot pan". Don't know if that was good or bad, but the Texas drawl was so funny.

GMENAGAIN
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again), the power rankings on PFT that week under the Giants entry said "She's a good girl, loves her momma, loves Jesus, and America too...." - lyrics to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty.

<FONT size=4>---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.
</FONT></P>

1986? 1990? Geez . . . . .</P>

miked1958
06-24-2012, 08:28 PM

---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.
That is kinda funny.

And I wonder what those same Pats fans said after this past SB? Still better then us, after beating them 2 in a row? They may have won 3SBs but where did they come off saying we only had one when they said they had 3-1 lead? I guess they are mis informed, lol.

Tech at that point they were 3-3 in SBs having also lost to GB and blown out by Bears. We at that time were 3-1 in SBs. This last win makes us 4-1 and them 3-4 in the big Game. I don't think there is any dispute who is the better team when it comes to SB Sunday!

Also we are the team that ended Brady's 20 game home win streak in regular season and they 2+ year streak of not losing back to back games.. They must love us now

miked1958
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Guess I kinda got off subject but that Pats fan got me all fired up..

Okay.. Guess mine is from my nephew who is a Dallas fan. He also was jumping on the band wagon when we went on the 4 game losing streak saying we were done and that we were folding like a tent like we always do in the second half of seasons. I had to,d him that the Gh loss was going to be a spring board like the pats game was in 07 and that we were going to sweep them and knock them from the playoffs. He told me to put the crack pipe down and keep dreaming. He wouldn't respond to my texts or calls after we ousted them

ashleymarie
06-24-2012, 11:35 PM
haha cute story

buffyblue
06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Two nights ago a Philadelphia Eagles fan was telling me how Eli Manning sucked and that Mike Vick is so much better than him. It was a very amusing conversation.

gmen0820
06-24-2012, 11:55 PM
"Giants suck"

-last week.

fourth&forever
06-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Jay Ratliff saying (Dallas) is going to shut up, not say a thing and do their job. In other words be more like the NYG.

oh yeah right.

ashleymarie
06-25-2012, 06:06 AM
One could not dynamite Jerry Jones into silence. lol

Diamondring
06-25-2012, 07:54 AM

<FONT size=4>---Once after super bowl XLII was up in Boston and had someone say in a store the patriots were still better than the giants because they had 3 super bowls compared to our one.
</FONT></P>

1986?* 1990?** Geez . . . . .</P>They maybe didn't count the 1990 Superbowl win because the Bill's kicker Scott Norwood at that time missed the 47 yard fieldgoal that would have given the Bills the win.

SweetZombieJesus
06-25-2012, 07:59 AM
---I remember after we lost to the Eagles last season (starting up the talk of all the second half collapses again)

That was not just another second half collapse, it was the worst meltdown in franchise history. The team went from locking up the division to completely missing the playoffs in 5 quarters.

SweetZombieJesus
06-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Two nights ago a Philadelphia Eagles fan was telling me how Eli Manning sucked and that Mike Vick is so much better than him. It was a very amusing conversation.

Man they just can't let go of the template fed to them by the Philly media, can they?

Even my honorary Eagle fan buddy had to admit Eli was the man in XLVI (but XLII was still a fluke).

Can Vick make that throw to Manningham, or the throw to Cruz for the TD behind the back of the linebacker in coverage? Not in 1,000 tries.

Cool Papa B.
06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
THE ATLANTA FALCONS AREN'T A TRUE PLAYOFF CONTENDER. THE PACKERS BEAT THEMSELVES. KYLE WILLIAMS LOST FOR THE 49er's. THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE SUCKS. All reasons why we won the Super Bowl.

+1...
This, and it was more luck than skill that got the Giants the SB.

Cool Papa B.
06-25-2012, 08:49 AM

LOL LOL....That's too funny.

Diamondring
06-25-2012, 08:50 AM

+1...
This, and it was more luck than skill that got the Giants the SB.I agree with them about the Superbowl part. Giants got lucky because they had to play the Pats whom the Giants should beat and the Giants did.

gumby742
06-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Last Christmas I heard a man say the Giants were "bubbling pi** in a hot pan". Don't know if that was good or bad, but the Texas drawl was so funny.</P>

Now that's funny. haha.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
06-25-2012, 10:01 AM
"Giants suck"

-last week.

I hear that every week

ebick
06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
kid that works for me said this (just before I fired him :))

"Eli is a system quarterback"

MikeIsaGiant
06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
kid that works for me said this "just before I fired him :))

"Eli is a system quarterback"

I think he's proven time and time again that he isn't

This is a good one +1

embeshAtYa
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Maybe not the funniest thing but one thing I actually wished we could have done. Beat the Saints in the Dome in playoffs last yr.

I get told that by eagles fans. You would never had beat the saints... Or your lucky Giants didnt have to play saints..

GMENAGAIN
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
THE ATLANTA FALCONS AREN'T A TRUE PLAYOFF CONTENDER. THE PACKERS BEAT THEMSELVES. KYLE WILLIAMS LOST FOR THE 49er's. THE PATRIOTS DEFENSE SUCKS. All reasons why we won the Super Bowl. +1... This, and it was more luck than skill that got the Giants the SB.I agree with them about the Superbowl part. Giants got lucky because they had to play the Pats whom the Giants should beat and the Giants did.</P>

[:O]</P>

embeshAtYa
06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
dam

Mercury
06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Maybe not the funniest thing but one thing I actually wished we could have done. Beat the Saints in the Dome in playoffs last yr.

I get told that by eagles fans. You would never had beat the saints... Or your lucky Giants didnt have to play saints..

We can only play the teams that advance in the playoffs.

MikeIsaGiant
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM

We can only play the teams that advance in the playoffs.*

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/z/a/F/d/a.aaa-Oh-****.jpg

THE_New_York_Giants
06-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I've heard Cowboy fans make some silly reasonings as to why rHomo is better than ELIte.

pino
06-25-2012, 02:07 PM
After we lost to the Niners my buddy told me that Eli was no Alex Smith. I couldn't agree with him more.

(For the record, he was calling for Alex's head a year prior.)

MikeIsaGiant
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I've heard Cowboy fans make some silly reasonings as to why rHomo is better than ELIte.

He is better than Eli

I just don't have a reason

:D

THE_New_York_Giants
06-25-2012, 05:55 PM

He is better than Eli

More along the lines of "Eli is only good when the game is on the line. Romo is good for almost all of the game."

Drez
06-25-2012, 05:56 PM

I doubt we would have beaten the Saints in the playoffs had we met. We just don't match up well with them, particularly in the dome. That's why I'm glad we get them at home in December this year.

Manstache
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM

that reese, manning, and coughlin doesnt know what he's doing, is average, and needs to be replaced by a football analyst as coach.

TheBookOfEli
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
"If Eli is elite, they why they only finish 9-7?"

Another one of my favorites is...

"The defense carried Eli and the Giants all the way to the Superbowl."

Stupid people man....stupid people lol.

jjj45
06-25-2012, 06:34 PM

+1...
This, and it was more luck than skill that got the Giants the SB.I kinda disagree with you here.

ebick
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM

He is better than Eli

There was a story on NFL.com the other day that had a great and very funny comment regarding Romo......"Lord Of The Ringless"

EN-WHY14
06-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Cowturd fans not knowing we have more NFL titles than their 5 SB titles. Once I tell 'educate' em, they come up with the bs that the other titles don't count....ha

titwio
06-25-2012, 11:24 PM
I read on one of the peoples comments at NFLdotcom that the Giants don't sniff the Super Bowl last year if not for the refs....which I found to be extremely ironic and funny at the same time.

Drez
06-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I read on one of the peoples comments at NFLdotcom that the Giants don't sniff the Super Bowl last year if not for the refs....which I found to be extremely ironic and funny at the same time.
Now THAT is funny.

GCGiant
06-26-2012, 08:40 AM
My favorite is that the Giants never would have beat the Saints. Hmmm....but the 9ers did...and we beat the 9ers in their house.

That is, however, the one thing the Saints can take from last season. It seems to be unanimous that the Saints would have beaten the Giants. Well...not unanimous. My thought, I believe, is the correct one...and that is that you can never use a past game to predict a future one....and I don't care how unbalanced the stats are from all of the previous games. It is what is so great about the NFL. None of the past stuff counts.

Bigbluereckingcrew
06-26-2012, 09:32 AM
My favorite is we didn't beat the niners...really cause I'm sure we went onto the Superbowl and they went home. I love how other teams can win by 3 or less points and no one blinks but the giants have to blow out teams to be considered winners.

BigBlue wins
06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
A co-worker of mine gets all pissy and whines when I beat him in Madden as the Giants. He's a cowboys fan so all he talks about is how Romo "Ruins his boys," and Eli is "over-rated who was lucky enough with Victor Cruz's crazy catches, who is also nothing."

"The 49'ers were the better team that day and we took advantage of a rookie player who fumbled twice."

I just laugh because I know he's wrong. Nothing much I can say about it besides the fact that we won the SB. He's going to have a long season being a Cowboy's fan, that's all I have to say lol.

And yea, some of these other quotes are ridiculous.

Jiffy Jeff
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
There was always hi classic:

"Why did the Chicago Bears trade for Lawrence Taylor?"

"They wanted a Coke Machine next to The Refrigerator."

buffyblue
06-26-2012, 04:11 PM

That one is kind of funny.

I also thought that the joke about Scott Norwood was funny too. "The day after missing field goal that would have beaten NY Giants in SuperBowl XXV, Scott Norwood tried to hang himself but couldn't because he was unable to kick the chair out from beneath him."

buffyblue
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
My favorite is that the Giants never would have beat the Saints. Hmmm....but the 9ers did...and we beat the 9ers in their house.

That is, however, the one thing the Saints can take from last season. It seems to be unanimous that the Saints would have beaten the Giants. Well...not unanimous. My thought, I believe, is the correct one...and that is that you can never use a past game to predict a future one....and I don't care how unbalanced the stats are from all of the previous games. It is what is so great about the NFL. None of the past stuff counts.

NO Saints would have faced a much different NY Giants team than the one they faced earlier in the year if we had met in playoffs. We gad players back and were playing much better.

I look at the NO Saints loss as the low point of our season and I think it is that game that made our defense do some serious soul searching. Although the defense still struggled a little after that, they did play more energized and dud grt better at end of year and into playoffs.

Diamondring
06-26-2012, 04:35 PM

I also thought that the joke about Scott Norwood was funny too. "The day after missing field goal that would have beaten NY Giants in SuperBowl XXV, Scott Norwood tried to hang himself but couldn't because he was unable to kick the chair out from beneath him."I wonder why a lot of people thought that the 47 yard fieldgoal should be automatic?

appodictic
06-26-2012, 11:10 PM
jimmy Johnson "Giants put a fork in them." Then taking a big fork to strahans neck we should never let him live that down.

buffyblue
06-26-2012, 11:13 PM
double post

appodictic
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
http://sportsmedianews.com/johnson-stick-a-fork-in-the-giants-they%E2%80%99re-done/

buffyblue
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM

I also thought that the joke about Scott Norwood was funny too. "The day after missing field goal that would have beaten NY Giants in SuperBowl XXV, Scott Norwood tried to hang himself but couldn't because he was unable to kick the chair out from beneath him."I wonder why a lot of people thought that the 47 yard fieldgoal should be automatic?

I have often asked thesame question.

GOBIGBLUE52
06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Just thought of Ann Mara calling out TB after we beat the niners last year. That was another good one.

Jiffy Jeff
06-27-2012, 02:05 PM

I also thought that the joke about Scott Norwood was funny too. "The day after missing field goal that would have beaten NY Giants in SuperBowl XXV, Scott Norwood tried to hang himself but couldn't because he was unable to kick the chair out from beneath him."

YES INDEED.

gumby742
06-27-2012, 02:42 PM
There was always hi classic: "Why did the Chicago Bears trade for Lawrence Taylor?" "They wanted a Coke Machine next to The Refrigerator." That one is kind of funny. I also thought that the joke about Scott Norwood was funny too. "The day after missing field goal that would have beaten NY Giants in SuperBowl XXV, Scott Norwood tried to hang himself but couldn't because he was unable to kick the chair out from beneath him." haha