PDA

View Full Version : In the Super Bowl Era, giants post season won-lost record

miked1958
06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
I Heard a pats fan mouthing off the other day about how much better his teams post season record was? He was bragging that NE is 23-16 all time whil the giants were only 24-24. I tried to explain to this bozo that his team pretty much started in the SB era.. 1960s on is when the Pats compiled that record.

Ours goes back to 1925. I quickly pointed out that if you are comparing apples to apples and just SB era post season stats we are 20-11.. He shut up for a second and then said, well then your Pre SB era playoff and and championship record STINKS. 4-13. I said well tech we were named champions in 1927. Lol....

I settled the discussion by pointing out their record against us since 07. He shup up and went down the other end of the Bar.

Pats fans... Unreal

FBomb
06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
I would have just said that hoped he was very happy with that feather in his cap. We celebrate SB victories here.

SweetZombieJesus
06-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Wow, really struggling to stick up for his team there... I'd just be happy with the dynastic decade they've had and ludicrous winning percentage, even despite the two SB losses. I'm guessing he wasn't a fan before 2001.

NYG 5
06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Eagles :(
Eagles
Panthers :(
49ers*
Ravens :(
Vikings*
49ers :(
Rams*
Bears :(
49ers :(

Damn, who am I missing? But overall, the Giants have been really competitive when they do make the playoffs, but when they lose, they lose ugly, either giving games away or just being beaten senseless. The 2006 wildcard was the only close game that they weren't legitimately good enough to win imo. A bunch of "shoulda won"s and "oh god turn the game off"s

Cio7760
06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Well said.....you see, it pays to know your history!

BlueBlitzer
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
No one in the NFL will ever have one playoff statistic, that we will have forever. Not one single point was ever scored against Big Blue when Giants Stadium hosted the NFC Championship Game.

Captain Chaos
06-26-2012, 05:12 AM
I Heard a pats fan mouthing off the other day about how much better his teams post season record was? He was bragging that NE is 23-16 all time whil the giants were only 24-24. I tried to explain to this bozo that his team pretty much started in the SB era.. 1960s on is when the Pats compiled that record.

Ours goes back to 1925. I quickly pointed out that if you are comparing apples to apples and just SB era post season stats we are 20-11.. He shut up for a second and then said, well then your Pre SB era playoff and and championship record STINKS. 4-13. I said well tech we were named champions in 1927. Lol....

I settled the discussion by pointing out their record against us since 07. He shup up and went down the other end of the Bar.

Pats fans... Unreal

The typical NY fan (genreally viewed as obssessed and fanatical) has a much greater knowledge about their teams history, except if your a Mets fan then you just try to forget most years...

nyghammer75
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
in the SB era we are 20-11.